[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adam awoke to the creeping sun greeting him through his circular
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: space-station.jpg (166 KB, 1600x894) Image search: [Google]
space-station.jpg
166 KB, 1600x894
Adam awoke to the creeping sun greeting him through his circular bedroom window. He hopped out of bed, saluted the sun with a stretch, and then grabbed a freeze-dried snack from his mini-fridge. After a brush, comb and shower, he pulled on a gainsboro and amber jumpsuit and leaned back in his office chair. While collecting himself to face the day, previous events grazed his mind’s periphery.
Continue?

Also, creepypasta general if it there isn't already a dedicated thread
>>
File: 1463011996511.png (186 KB, 463x515) Image search: [Google]
1463011996511.png
186 KB, 463x515
>>17854559
So, will we be experiencing anything paranormal?
Do not continue and please DELETE this post.
Perhaps you should take this >>>/qst/
>>
>>17854559

No, kys desu
>>
>>17854559
>Adam awoke to the creeping sun greeting him through his circular bedroom window. He hopped out of bed

If this is supposed to be taking place on the space station in the pic (or a similar one) then what you describe is very weird. That station gets its gravity from rotation. So his bed would have to be set up on an outer wall so that when lying on it he would face the spin axis.

With that config, either the room is on the inner part of the circle - which would likely have the rest of the ring/station block most sunlight - or it is on the outer shell. If it's on the outer shell, then a window to let in sunlight would have to be on the floor. And a minifridge and showers in a space station? Who has the luxury of space or resources for that?
>>
>>17854741
/x/ is a writing board too. We don't often get writefags, but when we do...

Just like /r/ isn't the only board with drawfags.
>>
>>17855874
OP here.

It's a fictional space station that unfortunately isn't represented by the picture. I just wanted to throw up something quick.

However, if this is to take place on a station like in the picture, or one in which gravity is generated by centrifugal motion, then a window placed on the side of a rotating dormitory, perpendicular to a bed on the outer surface, if oriented so that it catches a sunrise behind the Earth, would be able to experience a sunrise.

>And a minifridge and showers in a space station? Who has the luxury of space or resources for that?

It's a future in which humanity still prospers and funds space research. Maybe in 20 years a minifridge will be commonplace.
>>
>>17857410
Fair enough on the window placement. Sunrise over the planet or the station?

And so the space community will be the worst of Murrica? Like Wall-E? It's a terrible waste of space, resources, piping, energy, EVERYTHING to provide each sleeping spot with a personal refrigeration unit.
>>
>>17858006
I haven't explained that yet, but it's not unreasonable to assume that a select few crew members could have luxuries or perks that other crew members don't because of their job requirements or status.

I'm wondering why you aren't asking why there's a space station in the fucking first place rather than picking apart inconsequential bullshit about my stupid short story.

Fuck it, I'll just upload this to creepypasta.
>>
>>17858329
Because the space station was the setting for your story. Seems ridiculous to question a setting. Do you complain that they don't show the formation of England before doing a story set in England.

But how a space station works is interesting, and how those workings would affect daily life and the structural alterations of classic story plots could be interesting as well. But to do that, the details need to be accurate.

Basically, you started a shitpost with some crappy sci-fi writing, and I was treating it as such by looking at the science/engineering part. And why did you post here? It isn't creepy or spooky or scary, it isn't paranormal, it isn't even copypasta. You should be happy for a reply at all.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.