[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Winchester House
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
This is a bit of an oldie but I was wondering what /x/ thought was going on with the widow: was she just nuts, or did she feel compelled to keep construction going to ward off spirits? Or was it a curse?

Most of you probably know all about the place, but for the uninformed it's possibly the world's most f'd building: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Mystery_House
>>
>>17843816

It's really fun place. She seems to have felt compelled. Whether that's nuts or she had a point, is interesting, but irrelevant to her motive.
>>
>>17843898
>It's really fun place.

You've never been there. Total tourist trap. Walk in, "This is the door that goes nowhere" -- they open a door to show you it leads to a wall. "See, that stairway, it goes nowhere" -- they point at a stairway that comes up about 12 steps into a wall. "In this room is another door that goes nowhere" -- they open a door to show it goes to a wall. Go to about two more rooms, same spiel. "There's a lot more, but safety and fire codes won't allow us to take you there. Be sure and stop at the gift shop on the way out."

Hate to rain on OP's parade, but I'm just saying that discussing the topic is 100 times more interesting and less expensive than seeing it in person. I wouldn't base any trips to the area on going there.
>>
>>17843931
Sounds like the crappiest tour ever. Thanks for the head's up, I had actually considered driving down there. I would have been seriously disappointed if that's all it was!

Found an old 60s b&w documentary on it... some good shots starting at about half way through:
https://youtu.be/17AtKbQ7glU
>>
>>17843931
>You've never been there.

Been there twice, I think, but it's been some time ago. Maybe it's crappier now.
>>
>>17843816
I used to watch documentaries about this place on history channel when I was a kid.
>>
>>17844018
>Been there twice, I think, but it's been some time ago.

That glue sniffing really takes its toll.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.