[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shadow men e/x/plained This is a more medical POV of the phenomenon,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Thats-grim-Penny-Dreadful.jpg (21 KB, 549x540) Image search: [Google]
Thats-grim-Penny-Dreadful.jpg
21 KB, 549x540
Shadow men e/x/plained

This is a more medical POV of the phenomenon, If you don't like it, don't come.

So, I've seen a lot of "shadow men" threads lately and I saw the weirdest explainations, so now, I'm gonna give you the truth.

Shadow men often come during sleep paralysys, half-asleep states or hallucinations, and here's why: out brain tends to complete our thoughts prematurely using images of things we know, so, if I'm afraid of the darkness (does that ring a bell? You know, children experiences...) I will think of a shadow, but since a shadow alone isn t much, my brain will compute that along with a figure of noone, creating the so famous "shadow man".
It can also occur that, If you are half-asleep/in sleep paralysis, your brain tries to project one of your fears of "someone you know" but you can't quite process it, thus creating the whole "he s there but not entirely".

Please, discuss.
>>
>>17843281
idk while i agree with some of what was said i question how much is understood about the human brain at this point because of little things

like your only suppose to have a dream after about 2 hours of sleep when you enter R.E.M state sleep. rapid eye movement sleep. but i have dreams some times after only a minute and wake up almost as fast when i check a clock. sleep dream wake up 10 minutes

i dont remember my dreams often usually its fade to black so if i wake up and know i had one its memorable
>>
>>17843288
How we fall asleep doffers from persone to person, I too feel asleep a couple of times very rapidly and started dreaming to only wake up 5 mins after.
But this are just exceptions Where outside factors take in (like stress per exemple)
>>
>>17843281
insufficient data.

What is more intriguing to me is the notion that the frontal cortex can project and is generally held to be responsible for tracking things that are out of sight, but can reasonably be expected to be there. I.e. you know the person you were talking to didn't just disappear when you turned around to focus on other things. Perhaps the amplification of that sensation through selective activation in the brain might lead to these spooky sensations, but I am not entirely convinced that a concrete explanation can conclusively prove, nor satisfy the spook in the case of shadow people.
>>
>>17843342
Op here.
True that, I conpletely agree
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.