[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I join a cult?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160620_152253.jpg (3 MB, 3088x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160620_152253.jpg
3 MB, 3088x4160
Hello /x/, your old friend /tg/ here. I'm coming for advice. Picture only marginally related.

I've come to know this guy at work who's brilliant to the point of quirky. We work in a corporate setting, but he's great at his job so he gets away with it.

Over the past year, he's talked more and more to me, covering philosophy, occult, ritual, and psychology. He's honestly changed my life by showing me my faults and strengths in a Socratic way.

Here's why I'm here. He's invited me to come to one of his meetings. They are a cult, but not in a hurry durr spoopy Satan stuff. I'm interested and it seems like what I need right now, but I'm not really into the occult so much as the tangibly related topics like philosophy and psychology. Should I go? Should I pass?
>>
>>17837140
Definitely go and then report in here later with more info, if you can not fall for the bullshit. Understand that almost all cults have wonderfully life changing messages that can improve your life at first but then devolve into controlling and limiting behavior as you get more invested in the group, and more loyalty and conformity of thought is expected.

Also, please answer some questions because someone here may have been involved in the group before.

1) Why do you refer to it as a cult and what is it called?

2) What type of corporation do you work for and what level has he reached within the company?

3) Are you friends with this guy or does he just seem to be recruiting you? How did you first begin talking about this?

4) What has he helped improve in your life and why were you not able to do this before his philosophy was introduced to you?
>>
>>17837203
Thank you for the reply!

Why do you refer to it as a cult and what is it called?
Unfortunately, we cant really discuss it openly at work, but cult is his word. It's social group for magickal work and ritual, like a secular replacement for church as I see it. A community.

2) What type of corporation do you work for and what level has he reached within the company?
We work in fintech and he is a educator for our customers.

3) Are you friends with this guy or does he just seem to be recruiting you? How did you first begin talking about this?
Definitely friends, not a recruitment. We talked about many things until he caught wind that I was a philosophy major before quitting that. From there it changed to occult, how belief isn't really the point, great thinks like Heidegger and Hegel , etc.

4) What has he helped improve in your life and why were you not able to do this before his philosophy was introduced to you?
More like a home coming back to these sort of conversations and honest self evaluation. I had poured a lot of effort into world building which I wanted to publish but never use myself. He rightly pointed out that this noncommittal and controlling like cult leaders tend to do and encouraged me to be more engaged with life. Be more directly involved.
>>
Polite bump.
>>
>>17837140
little nigga, life's too short to be scared of everything.
go and see what's up.
you don't know if you want to join, you don't know if they want you to join.
see what's up and follow your gut.
if you get a good feeling and you're like fuck yeah then you should join.
if you feel spooped or bored then you should thank your coworker for inviting you but that youll pass.
it's alright man, no pressure.
if you find some smart cool people then that's wonderful. it'll make life so much more interesting.
>>
>>17837140
Politely, cults are all bullshit. You won't find yourself there, you'll just slide deeper into the illusion.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.