[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i implore those who entertain a philosophical train of thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: lul.jpg (335 KB, 575x768) Image search: [Google]
lul.jpg
335 KB, 575x768
i implore those who entertain a philosophical train of thought regarding free will to take into consideration the implications of dopamine and serotonin as they work in concert with synaptic pathways laid down and formed in the brain through habitual behavior patterns such as mannerism and routine - to consider that the epigenetic consequences of decisions play back into these same chemical processes which further constitute the likelihood that certain actions will be pursued, and that the morphogenetic adaptability of the mind in its relation to body is influenced by the environment in which a person finds themself, including those whom the person comes in contact with, as a person reacts to the electromagnetic expression displayed by said person or need take certain action to navigate their environment. implied then, is that in order to cultivate a particular mindset of success or motivation one should associate themself with those or environments of like predisposition that facilitate the desired paradigm shift, making the persons intentions reality.
>>
File: nying.jpg (289 KB, 791x1000) Image search: [Google]
nying.jpg
289 KB, 791x1000
as we know from the butterfly effect, every idea conveyed in a conversation has no choice but to effect the mind and also therefore body of those engaging in said conversation, as the resulting electromagnetic shift splits and fractalizes in an ever complex matrix of cause and effect. this means to say that by the act of simply being born one has attained immortality, as the effect one has made on this dimensional reality will reverberate throughout time unerringly. we most notably see examples of this when we recant the works of artists past, but each individual will throughout their lifetime be effecting this dimension every single moment of their existence and subsequently forever afterwards. in regards to free will, to say that despite inevitably adapting to ones environment which is exterior to himself one does not have control over the course of their life, implies that perhaps everything that has happened or ever will happen has already taken place, and that whatever power lie behind laying down the foundation and timeline of this "cosmic play" are not bound to the confines of time.
>>
nigga the fuck is going on
>>
File: 1417584048980.jpg (218 KB, 820x774) Image search: [Google]
1417584048980.jpg
218 KB, 820x774
>>
>>16984947
yes. rather common new age concepts laid out rather complexly. and?
>>
>>16984947
Your wrong even if you choose a different path even that is pre planned for the time this incarnation is alive.

The butterfly effect DOESN'T real
>>
File: whatever.jpg (427 KB, 977x830) Image search: [Google]
whatever.jpg
427 KB, 977x830
>>16985009

OP here

god damnit i can't stop laughing
>>
File: Carloss.jpg (58 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Carloss.jpg
58 KB, 350x350
>>16984943
>>
>>16984943
>>16984947
>dopamine
>seratonin
>talking about metaphysics
>doesn't know enough about metaphysics to know that the body, mind, and spirit are three separate yet equal entities occupying the same space

Jesus fuck, seratonin does not affect decision making. It only affects emotions and that's it. If you're an adult, you should be able to make decisions without letting your emotions get in the way. I know I can. I have a seratonin imbalance and my free will was never compromised.
>>
File: wew!.gif (1 MB, 480x430) Image search: [Google]
wew!.gif
1 MB, 480x430
>>16985323

you let your emotions get in the way enough to get butthurt, mr.serotonin imbalance guy
>>
>>16985323
Most people have no idea how low a function their "mind" is. For the great mass of humanity, what passes for thought is a mix of animal instinct, desire, neuroses, and emotionality. Thought which isn't shaped by those is quite rare.

And I'm not claiming anything for myself.
>>
>>16986971
That's because the vast majority of people don't believe in mysticism. They don't believe that humans have three selves occupying the same space. People tend to only pay attention to the physical world and strengthen their physical selves. They tend to completely neglect their spiritual self and might strengthen their mind a bit.
>>
>>16987722
What is the difference between strengthening ones spiritual self and ones mind?
>>
>>16989870
The teacher William Bloom says that the spiritual process and the psychological process are essentially the same. To "strengthen" our minds we need to clear out old patterns of behaviour and emotional wounding, which helps to clear our perception and mental clarity. It also implies that we become more aware of ourselves as compassionate beings connected to others and to our world.
>>
>>16985150
I hardly ever laugh out loud at the internet. wiped tears just to post this
>>
>>16985323
>I know I can
You don't. When your mood is altered, so are your actions and you can't always be aware of that mechanism
>>
>>16984943
what if you are an avatar of vishnu looking to end the kali yuga?

And then was born in Sweden
>>
>>16989870
Mental strength and endurance is about wit, intelligence, and discrimination (not in a bigoted way, but as in "I choose A over B for reasons").

Spiritual strength and endurance is about perseverance, compassion, and maintaining principles through adversity.
>>
>>16992074
Shiva avatar here, whattup bro
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 500x489) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 500x489
Detachment is peace
Existence is suffering
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.