[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bottom of the Well
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: forest_dawn.jpg (31 KB, 556x312) Image search: [Google]
forest_dawn.jpg
31 KB, 556x312
In the wastelands of Siberia, there is a legend which locals don't care to speak about. At first, the usual suspects in cases like these begin; radios will no longer play anything but white noise, compasses go haywire, and time seems to slow down to a crawl. Feelings of claustrophobia take hold despite the clear air and open space. A few colleagues of mine were quick to point this out when we were there. I had felt it just like they did. But it gets much worse.

You must travel through the forest, even in the dark. At least, if you wish to tell the tale afterwards. The paths are winding, broken, and the remains of many hapless travelers lay under wind-blown soil and sprouting foliage. Many note the fiendish color the trees and bushes take: a color so discomforting, one cannot easily describe it. The legend, though, is focused on the well.

You will see it eventually, given you don't succumb to cold or injury. It is an ancient well of cobblestone – grown over with moss and riddled with filth. Centuries ago, a man was reported to have killed himself by jumping in. Unlike the other superstitions which many would think though, there is no 'haunt' to be found here. But don't be mistaken, the place is _undoubtedly_ stained of something uncanny. Dreadful.

Many report, that others nearby will begin to act strangely. A cloud of distrust will consume everyone, but you musn't leave. Not yet. What you are looking for is at the bottom, past the tunnel of cobblestones and into the depths of the foul water. It is here that most fail. Details are of no importance, but you must remember that once the item is taken, everyone must leave promptly. We know from the excavation logs. Whatever is down there, which is not spoken about, is apparently of great value. Should you set up camp for the night, sounds will echo up from the watery depths. Clawing, scraping, groaning. All we're sure of, is that the teams never come back.

cont.
>>
>>16981487

While navigating for an exit, you may become aware of movements just out of sight. Many never find the way out. Out of every case, it is shown that all members will complain of discomfort. Something watching. You mustn't stop on your way out. Not to drink. Not to eat. Not to rest. You must report back to the main base, miles away from the wastelands and forest.

Some take particular interest in this legend, because of the rumored value of this item. It has become popular among amateur explorers, to search for it. Although, the people who have found it, the ones who I've talked to, caution me. They speak in hushed voices, moving closer as if to address my ear: however valuable it may be, it's not worth it.

Not in the slightest.
>>
Go on
>>
>>16981489
>the people who have found it, the ones who I've talked to, caution me.
How did multiple people find this 'valuable object' and live to tell the tale?
>>
>>16981744
They always put it back. You'd be less of a fool to throw it back and be called a coward, than keep it and accept your fate.
>>
>>16981771
I see. So they realize their folly at the time they capture the object and decide not to risk the consequences of stealing it.
>>
Siberia seems like a rich resource for crazy ass spooky stories of all kinds, but many may just be retold orally, or unavailable in English, or just lost for eternity.
>>
File: 1444152119202.png (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1444152119202.png
28 KB, 400x400
So what's the item supposed to be?
>>
>>16981787
Read this. It's half inane bullshit but... Kinda makes one wonder about Siberia.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/esp_ciencia_tunguska09.htm#top
>>
File: 572824314.jpg (53 KB, 500x573) Image search: [Google]
572824314.jpg
53 KB, 500x573
>>16982016
A golden butt plug, tainted with the soul of a man trying to have a good time.
>>
>>16981487

> it is here that most fail
> Details are of no importance

....thanks man
>>
>>16981487
>>16981489
reminds me of the 1908 siberian explosion.
>>
>>16981487
Prove it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.