[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know /X/ has talked about sleep deprivation before. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 1096x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 1096x900
I know /X/ has talked about sleep deprivation before. I've come up with a sleep challenge. If you're up to it then I'd encourage you to post results. Basically the point is you get progressively less and less sleep as the challenge wears on and then see how you're affected.

HARD MODE
Week 1: 7 hours sleep
Week 2: 8 hours sleep (normal)
Week 3: 6 hours sleep
Week 4: 8 hours
Week 5: 5 hours
Week 6: 8 hours
and keep going until you eventually have a full week of no sleep at all.

SHORTER TIME SPAN MODE:
Spend 3 days in each phase instead of a week, so 3 days 7 hours sleep, 3 days normal rest, 3 days 6 hours, etc
>>
I acute onset insomnia.
A very rare cause where I don't "sleep" for weeks.
I know that sounds like BS, and it go against known records, but I'm not the only person that has this.
I've also been diagnosed with Chronic PTSD as well though and have a serious caffeine and food addiction, which helps.

Anecdotal bullshit story time.
I once had a friend named Danny who noticed I never seemed to sleep when we hung out over at our friend Darrell's apartment.
I explained to him I didn't "sleep", and that every few weeks or so I either pass out or meditate.
He called bullshit on me, and I forced him to stay awake for a week with me, fueled on soda, energy drinks and nonstop movies, internet and videos games.
After that I didn't see him for a month.
He told me he was never going to call bullshit on me again, and didn't understand how I still wasn't sleepy.

He died a year later from heart complications.
>>
I once spent an entire summer staying awake for three day intervals.
>>
>>16970129
>He died a year later from heart complications.
Back to reddit.
>>
>>16970177
>I once spent an entire summer staying awake for three day intervals.
So three days in a row then a night's sleep and repeat again? Please, elaborate a bit about your experience.
>>
>>16970185
Why?
His name was Danny Maynard.
He lived in Chicago.
>>
>>16970119
>SHORTER TIME SPAN MODE
I think I his is the best one, but mixed with the span length of the hard one. You can actually adapt to sleep less by subtracting an hour every week or so, but generally you can't get away with less than 5,5 hours. They've done studies. Check them.
>>
>>16970193
Yes, just like that.

Anyway I had lots of chest pain by the third day.
I don't really remember much about it other than that and the few things I did while awake.
I don't really know how I found enough things to do to keep me up for so long anyway, lately I have so few things to do I just want to sleep because my dreams are more interesting than being awake.
>>
>>16970196
Whatever, I'm not here to ruin your mood. I'm skeptical of stories with that kind of ending.
>>
>>16970202
Ok, thank you.
>>
>>16970119
stupid stupid stupid
>>
everyone on /x/ should never sleep again!
>>
I've experimented with sleep a lot. One thing in particular was trying to get myself on "mars time" where one day is 48 hours and i'd only sleep once every two days. Eventually came to the conclusion it's impossible here because the sun fucks any non-natural circadian cycles up. Not just the body, but the mind also needs clear cycles to stay grounded. Might be possible in a situation with absolutely no sun or an artificial sun you can set to your desired rhythm.

I went about 6 days without sleep once and i wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I try not to play around with sleep deprivation at all anymore.
>>
I sleep 2-5 hours a night and pull roughly one all-nighter a week. Ive been like this since I was a child and when I do get a full 8 hours I notice no differences other than feeling really groggy and irritable if I sleep too long.
>>
>>16970119
This is fucking retarded

Just take some LSD if you want to have hallucinations
>>
File: 1401565210605.gif (2 MB, 275x208) Image search: [Google]
1401565210605.gif
2 MB, 275x208
>>16970202
>dreams are more interesting than being awake
IKTFB
>>
>>16970266
there are benefits to sleeping in a regular pattern that are worth looking into if you ever find yourself there in life- at least stay open to it!
>>
>>16970204

Sorry some dude's death made for a lame ending to a story for you, buddy.
>>
>>16971967
I used to be good at it, and that's the ultimate conclusion i came to. Trying to settle in to a routine again now, and i actually haven't slept yet because i want to go to bed early tonight and try to get a good schedule going. Wish me luck.
>>
>>16970455
How was your growth like?
>>
>>16970455
sounds like me. never slept much as a child. now in my late teen years i come home from school, fall asleep around late 6pm, wake up by 12 at the latest, and repeat. although on weekends i dont sleep at all, that or i sleep for like 24 hrs straight.
>>
>>16970129
>Chronic PTSD
So you were diagnosed with something that doesn't exist?
Great way to show your story is bullshit right from the get go.
>>
>>16972609
ptsd exists
>>
>>16972632
Chronic PTSD isn't a thing you stupid fuck.
>>
>>16972645
ok my bad.
>>
literally free brain damage
>>
PTSD is real you fucktard. Look up shell shock from World War One. Same thing. Overload the nervous system with stressors long enough and it stays fucked up. Ever wonder how phobias develop? Probably not since your community college "prof" hasn't covered it yet.
>>
>>16972675
CHRONIC ptsd isn't real though you fucking cock womble. So a doctor wouldn't diagnose someone with that.
>>
>>16970119
Nah, you start to hallucinate after four days without sleep. It's not an experience I'd care to repeat. Mostly because getting to that point is very unpleasant and the waking dreams weren't good ones.
>>
>>16973088
Try taking a shitload of dyphenhydramine hcl, most unnerving shit i've ever experienced and it seems like a more extreme version of how I get if I deprive myself of sleep for long enough
>>
>>16972657
Does age the brain a little faster but so does everything. Alcohol and coke are supposed to be much worse and you never hear a thing about those.
>>
>>16970177
Me too, good meth
>>
>>16970266
hate to break it to you, but you need to go look up the length of the Martian day again.
>>
>>16973161
Dph man, that shit fucks with you
>>
>>16970455
I've been doing this since childhood as well. 2-5 hours most of the week, usually 1-2 nights with nothing, every 2-3 weeks I'll get a full 6-9 hours depending on noise and distractions. I cannot sleep too long either; used to be like you and get groggy and irritable, but now we can add sore joints and muscles to that list. Fine with me though, I hate sleeping, waste of time I get more done.

As for any ill effects, there are none that I've noticed. I'm definitely middle-aged now and other than my wife complaining that I'm never in the bed with her to sleep I've got nothing bad to say about it. Doc says I'm healthy as a guy my age should be.
>>
>>16972645
I've read some things that state a form of "chronic PTSD" as Complex PTSD. But the DSM is potato. But I think I know what that guy might've been getting at.
>>
>>16970119
Sounds like that would seriously hurt your gains.
>>
>>16972601
Don't worry, things get easier when you finish off junior year of high school.

Mods.
>>
>>16973180
>Alcohol and coke are supposed to be much worse and you never hear a thing about those
You hear stuff about them damaging your brain all the time.
>>
>>16975031
>Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD) is a condition that results from chronic or long-term exposure to emotional trauma over which a victim has little or no control and from which there is little or no hope of escape, such as in cases of: domestic emotional, physical or sexual abuse.
You can't have chronic PTSD because it is a consistent or constantly recurring thing by nature.

He would know that if the doctor had diagnosed him. But obviously he is self diagnosed and didn't read the wiki article properly before telling everyone what he has.
>>
>>16970119

Ironically getting a sleep schedule gives you more time to do things while not feeling like shit. I haven't had a single lucid dream in months because of staying up late alone and I've also stayed up for 24 hours this summer.
>>
I stayed awake 51 hours once in college. At the end of it I went out to explore steam tunnels with my friends. It was awesome, shadowfolk were peeling off the walls everywhere.
>>
>>16970119
>One individual who often did not require much sleep was Teddy Roosevelt. As John Gartner, David McCulloch and a host of others have written, TR generally accomplished more each day than many people could in a week - and that was before breakfast. As one son explained, "he was the bride at every wedding and the corpse at every funeral."
Picasso was also an energetic sort. Though he would sometimes sleep semi-normal amounts of hours, when the master got going a 20-22 hour day was not completely unusual. The plethora of homes and palaces he stuffed with his work is one measure of his output, but visitors to the Museum at Antibes will see the entire place fitted out with what Picasso created in about six weeks - while on a "relaxed," beach filled vacation.
My personal favorite is a ship's captain who at age 68 came to me worried he was not sleeping enough. He never needed more than four hours night-time sleep. One of the most frustrating experiences of his life came when his ship's engine failed in the middle of the Pacific. While he was easily working 20 hour days of difficult, often physical labor, he could not at all understand "all these young men in their 20's who would work just 12-14 hours and then tell me they were tired and needed to sleep!"

I sleep 5 hours every night already OP hook it up wit some shit or something I win right?
>>
i went 36 hours without sleeping and when i tried to sleep i had intense, acute, hallucinatory anxiety attacks for hours. not doing that again
>>
I took Xanax and kpins to help me stay awake and see hallucinations. I thought it worked for 23 minutes but then I fell asleep.
>>
>>16977787
HAHAHAHA

they are god damn tranquilizers
>>
Nigger I sleep 4 hours a night every night already.
>>
stayed awake about two and a half days once, and colors get weird. No hallucination though. You get to were you just assume not sleep and don't feel like it. And then you force yourself because that scary.
>>
>>16972657

this is why nootropics were invented especially semax 0.1%
>>
File: 300 abs.jpg (93 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
300 abs.jpg
93 KB, 640x640
>>16972675

Don't be stupid. CNS binaurals mixed with isochronics and solfeggios will fix almost anything. Mix in a strong stack of nootropics and some trauma/fear/guilt guided meditations/hypnosis then guess what happens? Script gets flipped, son, script gets flipped. Woot woot.

Also, supersage for your talkative anus.
>>
>>16973479

First few times I took a ton, holy shit. I saw and heard things and it's not hallucinogenic. I did plenty of psychadelics before that, but nothing prepared me for it. Felt like a breakthrough.

Then I got raped by a demon. True story.
>>
>>16977883
>Then I got raped by a demon.
So...how was it? Details, please.
>>
>>16975525
I don't, actually. Just the anti-weed lobby repeatedly saying that causes brain damage when it actually stimulates brain growth.
>>
>>16970119
don't do it

seriously, just don't
>>
>>16978627
i deprived myself of 2 hours of sleep once, I never felt the same afterwards, that was years ago it happened.
>>
I've been sleeping around 3-5 per night for the past 6 months. Thank you, parenthood.
>>
>>16978619

Weed destroys short term memory which is known as the dunbar number. Dual n back exercises fix it.
>>
Some of you guys should be looking into the opposite of deprivation, getting the most natural sleep you can tied to the solar cycle. Before electricity took over our lives, people went to sleep and woke up much earlier- sometime after the sun goes down and before it comes up. Monastics of every sort have always kept these hours. You will get better and more lasting results from working with nature rather than stressing it to the breaking point.
>>
>>16979721
>this guy.
>>
>>16977820

Someone told me they were marijuanas.
>>
>>16970119
saying 'hard mode' before providing a normal mode kind of makes the hard mode meaningless
>>
>>16970119
sleep challenge? More like WAKE challenge ehh guys?
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.