[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stairs in the forest?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_nvgr28fX6J1ubagn2o1_1280.jpg (220 KB, 554x415) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvgr28fX6J1ubagn2o1_1280.jpg
220 KB, 554x415
Saw >>17808980 mention them so figured I'd bite. What were they talking about, 'see any stairs in the woods, don't go up them'?
>>
>>17828541
Fuck off, reddit
>>
>>17828775

Been here for years, bud. Literally never heard this one before.
>>
It comes from a story on leddit's nosleep. The story is supposedly told by a park ranger from one of the larger national forests about the weird things he's seen, heard, and encountered during his job. Among those are these alleged stairways that appear and disappear in the middle of nowhere, and his superiors and coworkers just say "don't walk up them, don't talk about them, don't even fucking touch them."

He did so once while looking for a missing kid, and his superior knew he did it because the dogs suddenly lost the scent. He talks about another ranger who walked to the top once and his entire hand disappeared, as if cut clean off, but the hand itself was no where to be found. Another allegedly walked to the top of a set and vanished completely. Basically, bad shit happens if you touch them.

It's most likely fiction, though.

>inb4 hurr go back to redit durr
I wouldn't have to trudge through their piles of shit for a decent spooky story if /x/ had more OC.
>>
>>17828820
Thanks for the info. I don't mind these fake stories. Just as good as dubiously true ones on a night like I'm having (coyote pack ran into a wolf not far from me about twenty mins ago, spookiest noises I've heard in a while).
>>
>>17828541
It's just the top of a ruin put there by lazy developers. The rest of the model is hidden underground.
>>
>>17828820
>inb4 hurr go back to redit durr
>I wouldn't have to trudge through their piles of shit for a decent spooky story if /x/ had more OC.

This, this, so much this
>>
>>17828919

Okay, I'm going to ask. Why are you posting this everywhere?
>>
>>17828820
I read a part where the parks hired people to cut down some trees and they found a perfectly good hand INSIDE a tree. Both the Rangers and the workers thought the other was playing a joke.
>>
Best explanation of this topic ive seen

http://nrgiseternal.com/index.php/topic,213.msg3670.html#msg3670
>>
>>17828541
looks like the remains of an old mill or drying barn
>>
link to part 1 of Reddit stories:https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/3iex1h/im_a_search_and_rescue_officer_for_the_us_forest/
The stories are FICTION but a good read. Author also has a small website. Enjoy your spoopy stories.
>>
ftaires!
>>
I grew up next to an abandoned quarry. There were a bunch of strange granite formations in those woods. Including, but not limited to, a staircase with about six steps.
>>
>tfw old reddit shit is more interesting than new /x/ shit
>>
>>17831260
what a time to be alive
>>
Look at the 0revailing tenor of the posters here, until you self moderate the trash it will always be this way.
>>
Similar stories were on /x/ maybe back in 2008 or so, 2009... this place has forgotten more spooky stuff than reddit has posted, lol.

Kind of like that SCP infinite staircase... or House of Leaves mixed with indawoods stuff.
>>
>>17828820
>It's most likely fiction, though.
You don't say?
>>
>>17828791
>>17828541
It's creepypasta from Reddit's nosleep. I must say it's pretty good. https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/3iex1h/im_a_search_and_rescue_officer_for_the_us_forest/
>>17828820
It's fiction. The guy is a horror story writer and links to his site in the later posts.
>>
>>17828820
Gayest shit ever.
>>
Written by the same author

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/44drk9/eggshells/
>>
Don't repost threads.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.