[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone tell me, in layman's terms, what the unicursal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_n3l0w2GJ1O1r3nmxpo1_400.png (87 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3l0w2GJ1O1r3nmxpo1_400.png
87 KB, 375x360
Can someone tell me, in layman's terms, what the unicursal hexagram symbolizes? From what i understand its basically pic related, created by thelemites (which i know nothing about) and 'perfected' or popularized by Aleister Crowley (who im obviously skeptical about).

Id like to get this tattooed on my right shoulder, with a duality symbol on my left, but id like to know more before i brand myself with some triplethink occult monarch programming demon sigil or what have you.

Also, yugioh and bring me the horizon use this symbol. Irrelevant, but anecdotal.
>>
>>17827051
THE WAY TO SUCCEED-AND THE WAY TO
SUCK EGGS!

This is the Holy Hexagram.
***Plunge from the height, O God, and interlock with
Man!
Plunge from the height, O Man, and interlock with
Beast!
The Red Triangle is the descending tongue of grace;
the Blue Triangle is the ascending tongue of
prayer***
This Interchange, the Double Gift of Tongues, the
Word of Double Power-ABRAHADABRA!-is
the sign of the GREAT WORK, for the GREAT
WORK is accomplished in Silence. And behold is
not that Word equal to Cheth, that is Cancer.
whose Sigil is ?
This Work also eats up itself, accomplishes its own
end, nourishes the worker, leaves no seed, is per-
fect in itself.
Little children, love one another!

~Liber 333, emphasis mine.
>>
>>17827060
Sounds a lot like the kind of info id get elsewhere. Or explanations that seemingly only scratch the surface. Which is why i came here.

To just get some info in easy to digest conversational chunks.

Thanks anyway, namefag. Im sure that will come in handy later on down the road.
>>
>>17827084
But it's Crowley's direct comment on the Hexagram; the intersection of aspiration and intercession.

So, let's break it down more. 6 is a Kabbalistic reference to Tifaret, the seat of Beauty and the Holy Guardian Angel.

There are also planetary and elemental attributions, as well as sexual but that's probably more technical than you're interested in.

Here's Dirge's article on the subject, hopefully this will touch all the bases of info and give you room to springboard research from:
http://hermetic.com/jones/on-the-formulae-of-the-unicursal-hexagram.html
>>
>>17827051
>unicursal hexagram
THE SEAL OF ORICHALCOS
>>
>>17827118
OP already made that joke.
Should look up what the Enochian ringing it says.
>>
>>17827051

Alister Crowly: for those who don't want to accept that love has been the law for the last 2000 years... at least.

A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so also you must love one another.

Matthew 5:44
But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Romans 13:8
Be indebted to no one, except to one another in love, for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the Law.

Romans 13:10
Love does no wrong to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the Law.

Galatians 5:14
The entire Law is fulfilled in a single decree: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
>>
Was Crowley for real?
>>
>>17827111
That article was extremely technical. What i gathered from it is that the unicursal hexagram, much like the regular pentagram, evidently assigns each point to a planet on the sephirot or an alchemical element.
And, depending on which direction its drawn in, it can be used for both 'invoking' and 'banishing' planets and elements?

Very dry information. Technically informative for sure though.

How does 'Love is the whole of the law' tie into the hexagram if its basically... a depiction of certain celestial bodies?

The question i keep running into is 'What would this hexagram be used for by its creators?'

From where i am now, its basically just a placeholder for a motto. Maybe some marker of membership to something like Thelema or Satanism. The farthest im willing to assume is that its just a focusing tool, like a written wand.

Theres gotta be more to it than that.
>>
>>17827051
We have a symbol thread for a reason, anon. >>17817943
>>
>>17829165
Well shit, sure enough there is. And double sure enough theres a unicursal hexagram in that thread as well. To which someone just responded "ugh, thelema... again."

I was hoping for more of an in depth discussion than that, and would like to keep this thread up to that end..

But it couldnt hurt to try my luck there too.
>>
>>17827476

Pretty much.
>>
How come when I search for an as above so below symbol, this pops up? It there any correlation between the two?
>>
>>17827060
gotta love uncle Al
>>
>>17829921
Did you even read the thread? Thoth explained it nicely
>>
File: untitledyugioh.png (210 KB, 410x308) Image search: [Google]
untitledyugioh.png
210 KB, 410x308
>>17827051

i loved that season.

anyone else watch yugioh as a kid?
>>
>>17829141
>How does 'Love is the whole of the law' tie into the hexagram if its basically... a depiction of certain celestial bodies?
>>17827060
>Little children, love one another!
>>17827111
>as well as sexual but that's probably more technical than you're interested in

>>17829141
>What would this hexagram be used for by its creators
Anything/everything, usually, though banishing and evoking.

I'm really not sure how much more thoroughly I can explain things to you. If you're interested in the sexual aspect, I recommend Ararita - Elaborations on the Star Sapphire.
>>
>>17829921
Kinda..
>>
>>17833801
There's no "kinda" about it, see:
>>17827060
>***Plunge from the height, O God, and interlock with Man!
>Plunge from the height, O Man, and interlock with Beast!
>The Red Triangle is the descending tongue of grace; the Blue Triangle is the ascending tongue of prayer***
Y'know, the part I emphasized for the very reason of illustrating the "as above so below" concept (Godhead/The HGA aspires to you proportionally to how hard you aspire to Them).
>>
>>17832810
Sure. Why do most yo gi oh watchers end up in thelema? Maybe because of the cool discordian alter ego that yogi struggle with.
>>
>>17827051
That's the molecular shape of gold
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 350x351) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 350x351
>>17834750
>>
>>17834757
Well THATS cool
>>
>>17827051
If you're not Thelema then you have literally no reason to put this on your body other than trying to be edgy.

Everyone knows you only care about the "do what thou wilt" part anyway. Ink that instead.
>>
>>17835180
Edgy would be having it out of barbed wire with blood dripping or something. Whats really edgy is you telling me what reasons i have for my tattoos.

I just like the design and what im trying to solidify as what it symbolizes. I would like the quote but thats lame by itself, and with the symbol it would throw off the other tattoo. Not that any of THAT matters here.
>>
>>17835340
You can ignore that anon. They're of the opinion that all body art is edgy.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.