[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
horror story ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 500x647
while i haven't ever read any of his works, the ideas from lovecrafts stories really make me feel a sort of existential dread, and really inspire me as well. this inspiration has driven me up the wall with ideas of my own. If you're browsing /x/ then i'm sure you've heard of the bloop so i won't bother describing it, but i have been mulling over the idea of writing a short story inspired by lovecraft and based on the bloop. what do you guys think? would you read a story like that?
and just share your own ideas for horror stories, i'm sure you all have your own
>>
>>17829293
Read some Lovecraft, you nigger. It's good stuff.
>>
Shut the fuck up and get off the board until you have a basic /x/ education.

Ain't nobody going to be sharing their ideas with you.
>>
>>17829293
>hey guys lazy op here
>i wanna write a scary book like lovecraft cause hes really good and super popular
>i have an idea about the bloop, i saw a thread on it last week so i consider myself well versed in the bloop lore
>gonna write a horror story about the bloop thats inspired by lovecraft but since i havent actually read his books im gonna make it pretty much make it a Cthulhu copy cause i even got the picture from the first google search so you guys know i know what lovecraft did and what cthulhu looks like.
>you guys can also randomly share any ideas i could possibly not steal and just talk about randomly even though i started this thread to talk about the story im writing.
>i wont steal your intellectual property i swear1!1!!!
>come on guys... I know you have ideas.....
>guys.....?
>muh lovecraft.....
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 346x346
Ok here's my idea

>near future
>some marine biology organization finally make submarine able to easily go to the deepest depths of the ocean
>they investigate the bloop
>as the submarine and its crew descend into the depths they begin to experience strange things
>voices from nowhere, detecting huge things on the radar when visuals show there is clearly nothing there, dreams of something vast and horrific lurking just outside the hull of the ship, etc.
>one of the crew members goes crazy, the rest of the crew has to kill them before they do something stupid
>they do something stupid anyway and the submarine loses control, crashing into the deep trench they were meant to explore
>ship is intact but can't navigate anymore
>suddenly something huge is stirring in the depths
>as it awakens a psychic shockwave causes most of the crew to turn insane, the narrator hangs on to a last shred of sanity to look through a viewport to see what God-entity is rising to the surface to wreak havoc upon the world of Man
>a name escapes his lips, locked within some unused part of his brain, an genetic ancestral memory from a time from before civilization
>"Big Smegma"
>Big Smegma rockets through the ocean like an eruption of viscous flesh, a sheen of horrific mucous covering it's amorphous form
>as it moves past the quickly deteriorating submarine, one of the thing's many eyes casually glances through the viewport, as one might look at an insect as they walk down the sidewalk
>the crew begins gibberish more intensely
>" Big Smegma! Big Smegma! IA Big Smegma! Hail to our new God!"
>as the old God breaches the surface in a terrible eruption of flesh, the world is become Big Smegma
>>
>>17829293
>inspired by Lovecraft
>never read any works by Lovecraft

Are you fucking retarded? Seriously
>>
>>17829293
>while i haven't ever read any of his works, the ideas from lovecrafts stories really make me feel a sort of existential dread, and really inspire me as well.
Ok, I'm out of here.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.