[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think exists after death? Is there even an existence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: wolfspider.jpg (116 KB, 550x408) Image search: [Google]
wolfspider.jpg
116 KB, 550x408
What do you think exists after death? Is there even an existence at all? Any anons with near-death experience stories?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZplzRg6ZP4
>>
>>17790437
>>17782409
How hard is it to check the catalog before you create a thread?
You're picture isn't even remotely relevant.
You are a deliberate shitposter.
>>
There's the astral and the etheric plane. I've only been to the etheric plane though.
I don't have much to say about it since I only stayed there for like two minutes, but it's basically a replica of this same word. If it's day here, it's day there. If your room is messy here, it'll be messy the same there.
The differences I noticed is that I couldn't turn on my lamp there, I had black tendril things sticking out of my back when I looked in the mirror, and emotions create thought forms.
In my case, my fear created a thoughtform that attacked me, so I retreated back into my body and returned to this world.
>>
DMT trip seconds before you die, then nothing. maybe those seconds of DMT can feel like years
>>
The simulation ends and your behaviour on earth will be rated by the higher beings who created you and sent you into the simulation. If you did well you will get to experience reality, if not the simulation will start again for you.
>>
Inevitably some fedoras will go
>muh jus like b4 u were born
every fucking time
>>
>>17790572
That's called going to sleep dumbass
>>
>>17790437
Please read Enoch book, I really recommend!
>>
Can anyone hardcore redpill me on literally any kind of afterlife or eternal life? Would be much appreciated, the before you were born feeling chills me to the fucking bone.
>>
File: debutart_andrew-baker_1543.jpg (142 KB, 777x560) Image search: [Google]
debutart_andrew-baker_1543.jpg
142 KB, 777x560
>>17790689
I recommend you read this book. I read it back when I was really infatuated with the concept of life and death and it really comforted me.

Also, I found this website that has a page debunking the arguments of skeptics who claim NDEs are just hallucinations: http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Page23.htm
>>
>>17790754
Will do anon
Anyone else got something?
>>
Nobody knows, can't rule out afterlife

Such is life with agnosticism
>>
I was told i was dead when i was pulled from the water at a beach in north Carolina pulled out by Riptide. I remember the whole event. The drounding really sucked the most. Fighting for breath, being taken back under over and over. My legs were the first thing to stop working. Even though i was struggling to kick. I was getting thrashed aroung pretty good. I was having to swallow the water in my mouth before i broke the surface, just to try and catch some air. Then my arms stopped working. Wouldnt move. Couldnt move no matter how much i wanted. I knew i was in trouble. Somehow i broke the surface one more time, it felt like minutes as i tried to yell for help. No sounds escaped my lips. As i looked around the homes and the beach were no longer visible. I was alone. I went back under the water and tried to hold my breath, what was left of it. It felt like someone put their hands on my chest and shoved. Makeing me gasp for air where there was none. I closed my eyes. And came to 3 months later in the hospital. Was in a coma. Felt like a hard nights sleep. I saw nothing. No light. No darkness. No dead uncles or lost family members. I would rather hug a speeding semi trying to run me down, even slam my balls in a car door than go through that again.
>>
>>17790817
Jesus.
>>
>>17790754
>domain name debunkingskeptics
sounds like an AMAZING source
>>
File: c04.png (131 KB, 678x480) Image search: [Google]
c04.png
131 KB, 678x480
>What do you think exists after death?

I am not sure. But existence is too absurd to rule out the possibility of any other unknown thing that seems absurd.

>Is there even an existence at all?
I mean, there are NDEs. I know it's pretty well researched, and answers to objections have been made, but it is very possible it's just the brain lacking oxygen.

>Any anons with near-death experience stories?
Nope. But my gramma had the whole "seeing the light" thing shortly before she died. Maybe she was hallucinating, maybe it was heaven.

My answers are bad. I guess that's what you get for being agnostic.

>>17790616
What's the appeal of this argument? I have never met a person who was legitimately convinced by it.
>>
File: 1234545465777.jpg (36 KB, 511x509) Image search: [Google]
1234545465777.jpg
36 KB, 511x509
>>17790835
Hey faggot if it bothers you so much why don't you read through it and make your own objections instead of shitposting.
>>
>>17790837
Okay I'm just gonna go ahead and say that if the afterlife is anything like how the Abrahamics describe it I might actually want the fucking void
>>
Is there anyway I'll ever see my Father again?
>>
>>17791069
Yes once all atoms in the universe go through every combination possible and begin to repeat this reality a la Nietzsche

Won't seem that long once your dead
>>
>>17791077
But as the same person or will he/I be a different person
>>
>>17790626
Nope, there's a huge difference between dreaming and your consciousness exiting your body. The way you are conscious right now is the same as when exiting your body.
>>
>>17790437
Life.
>>
>>17790437
I drowned in my pool as a kid. I don't remember much of anything between drowning and being resuscitated by the paramedics.

Got into a car accident with a drunk driver in my late teens, was later informed that they lost me several times before and after the ambulance brought me in. I don't remember anything that occurred from the moment of impact 'til the time I woke up in the hospital.

Honestly, I don't think there's anything after death. Every bit of scientific evidence I can find points toward there being nothing after brain death, so I try to enjoy life. If it turns out I'm wrong, that's just icing on the cake.
>>
>>17790437
I can share with you my belief regarding death, which is based on the Bible. It's quite a ride, hope it will help you see the things from a Bible-based-christian point of view. This is just my opinion, you judge. I will try to put my answers in 10 questions.

1. How did we appear?
"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. "
Genesis 2:7

2. What happens when you die?
"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. "
Ecclesiastes 12:7

3. What is "the spirit" which returns to God when you die?
"All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils; "
Job 27:3
"For as the body without the spirit is dead, (...)"
James 2:26
So, the spirit which returns to God when you die it's the breath of life. Nowhere in the Bible says that after death, the spirit has life, intelligence or consciousness. This spirit is the breath of life and nothing more.
Cont.
>>
Cont.
4. What is the soul?
A "living soul" = body + breath of life.
A "dead soul" = body - breath of life

5. Does the soul dies?
"The soul that sinneth, it shall die."
Ezekiel 18:20
"(...) and every living soul died in the sea."
Revelation 16:3
So God declares that the soul dies.

6. Do the "good guys" go in heaven?
"(...) the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice"
John 5:28
" Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day."
Acts 2:29
" For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, "
Acts 2:34
"If I wait, the grave is mine house: I have made my bed in the darkness."
Job 17:13
So nope, when you die, you don't go neither hell or heaven. You go in the grave, "waiting" for the resurrection day.

7. How conscious is somebody after death?
"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun. "
Ecclesiastes 9:5-6
" Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. "
Ecclesiastes 9:10
"The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence. "
Psalm 115:17
So you know nothing while dead.
>>
8. Can the dead communicate with those alive and are they aware of what are the livings do?
" So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep. "
Job 14:12
" His sons come to honour, and he knoweth it not; and they are brought low, but he perceiveth it not of them. "
Job 14:21
So no, they have no idea. Their plans perished with them.
" His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish. "
Psalm 146:4

9. God named the dead's unconsciousness" sleep". Where and for how long will they sleep?
"So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep. "
Job 14:12
" But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, (...)"
2 Peter 3:10
Those dead will "sleep" until the day God will return at the end of the world. Meanwhile, they will be unconscious.
>>
10. What will happen with those who died with faith in God?
"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. "
Revelation 22:12
" For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. "
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
" Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. "
1 Corinthians 15:51-54

Excuse my English. Cheers!
>>
File: spooky.gif (41 KB, 209x190) Image search: [Google]
spooky.gif
41 KB, 209x190
>>17790437
>What do you think exists after death?
more death
>>
>>17791793
>>17791801
>>17791806
Jesus was with the thief on the cross in Paradise that day, not some point in the future. Also Ecclesiastes 12:7 directly contradicts your point. The idea that the soul is just a body having life is a heresy invented by the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.