[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sleep Paralysis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
What is /x/'s view on sleep paralysis? I believe I have experienced it a few times and would like to hear your thoughts and stories. My mom (not sure about dad) has had experiences at my age. I'll include my age, feelings on sleep paralysis at the time it occurred, and estimated time it lasted.

Her experience
>being awake, but unable to move for sometimes hours
>sees floating, hooded figures in her room, even after blinking
>happens on multiple occasions

My experiences
Age 15 or 16, no clue what sleep paralysis is
>see/hear screaming fog covered with ghostly faces above my bed
>faces seem smoke-like
>as soon as one disappears, another spawns
>fog is screaming, because why not
Estimated elapsed time: 5 minutes

Age 20, know of sleep paralysis but don't think I've ever had it
>see man's torso floating in my room
>dude doesn't have legs
>has beard, is wearing blue long-sleeved shirt, doesn't seem unfriendly
>shirt seems covered in logos, like one you might get showing sponsors for some event
>vanishes before I am able to wake gf
Estimated elapsed time: 10 seconds

Age 20, think I may have some condition that makes me prone to sleep paralysis
>my eyes are closed
>hear otherworldly whispering outside my room
>somehow realize that the owners of the voices caught me listening
>voices approach my bed, walk/float/who knows through my closed door
>nopenopenope.jpg
>hear loud whispering right beside my face
Estimated elapsed time: 10 minutes

Every time this has happened I've been sleeping on my back with the lights totally off. Both of these things are RARE for me to do, so I don't know which, if either, is causing sleep paralysis. Also, I am afraid only after I wake up, not during the experience itself.
>>
>>17754927
I think sleep paralysis is pretty well understood. That being said, its spooky as fuck still.
Age 20,
>woke up
>cant move (obviously)
>hear footsteps moving from my closet to my bed
>feel hands close around my neck
I don't remember if I woke up after that or passed out, but I was out of it the whole day after it happened.
>>
>>17754927
Glad this came up. Just had this last night.
>Fall asleep after texting my lady
>Fan on, getting comfy
>Starting to drift off
>Suddenly hear this awful sound, like a growl from a demon outside my window
>Cant move, cant do anything
fuck.gif
>Accept my fate, death is coming
>Hear a shriek, as if the demon has caught something
>Cries become more faint as the minutes pass
Finally regained enough composure to sit up and collect my thoughts. Have never been more terrified in my life, cold sweat, heart beating like crazy. Remembered /x/ and googled S.P. "The Intruder" visited me, and fml im sleeping with a bat next to me tonight. So horrific.
>>
>>17754976
lol reminds me of the first time I heard a coyote catch a rabbit
>>
File: 1433941033126.png (37 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1433941033126.png
37 KB, 250x250
I've had sleep paralysis since I was 12.
It basically is...

>can't move
>eyes and ears play tricks on you

It's basically in the middle of being awake and dreaming where the atmosphere your eyes see becomes distorted and, often times, scary. This one time was really scary because the sounds I heard were terrifying... it was like that scene in FF7 where Tifa was running through darkness and you began to hear all this static and gunfire. That was the worst.

But now, I've already learned to break out of it. Yes, you can break out of the paralysis through sheer force.
>>
>>17754927
So I've been experiencing Sleep Paralysis, or Astral Walking since I was little.
> Started off with sleep paralysis around 15-20 yrs old
> Stopped experiencing it for months and suddenly it comes back
> Until recently it feels like I'm Astral walking, not completely sure myself but the best way to explain it is I am laying in down asleep in the dark and a light turns on. Usually from the hallway. I try to walk to it but its a struggle. Before I reach the hallway I feel like something rush at me and I make my way back to where I was/am laying down. I haven't seen my body so I don't think its lucid dreaming.

Just found out my sister who is 2 yrs younger than me, she is 26, also experiences sleep paralysis.
> Her's is more auditory, she hears weird noises and growling. She also sees shadows and kind of just lays there frozen for hours.
> I see a light out of complete darkness and hear voices of people calling me.

Just food for thought. I have more experiences if anyone wants to hear.
>>
It's demons.

I mean, it has to be, whenever I have it, no matter how it manifests (and it's usually various floating hyperrealistic figures and such) it always ends up in me feeling this incredible fucking evil, they either jump into me and I feel the evil entering me or similar.

It can only be described as evil, it's way beyond fear or disgust or any normal emotion.
>>
File: 1462039282640.png (489 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1462039282640.png
489 KB, 600x600
Bump
>>
>>17754927
>GF who isnt really into paranormal uncharacteristically has some trouble sleeping for a couple nights talking about how something about the apartment building we rent in being off and feelings evil and dread.

>Comfort her and say its nothing.

>She goes to work a couple days later and I take a nap

>Experience a shadowy figure next to my bed holding a lamp or some other light source

>Try to get up to confront this person WTF are you doing in my house asshole

>Cant move and start to panic

>Realize its sleep paralysis and it immediately goes away.

Thats the extended version of my one experience, for what it worth i dont think it was anything spoopy as it stopped the second i realized it was sleep paralysis.

I can see why people see it as paranormal though, it was really messed up.
>>
I've experienced it before. It can be scary. It can be confusing as well. But I've started to think they are just dreams as well.
>>
I've never experienced full on sleep paralysis but whenever I start to sleep on my back, after a while I start thinking of nightmare- related stuff that feels a lot more real than usual. But I think since I don't sleep very well I'm always able to "wake up" and move so it doesn't happen..
>>
>>17755052
pretty much. you fall asleep but you're not aware of it, so you expect to still be in your room. but your brain has trouble remembering everything 100% perfectly. i notice your memory struggles the most with shadows, and the human brain has a tendency to see human faces/shapes in things hence shadow people. not to say all shadow people are a result of this but i think most sleep paralysis shadow people/alien type stuff can be explained that way.
>>
I suffer from it constantly. It started out creepy with the noises and shit but the more it happened the more it became a struggle to move. I fear I may stop breathing so I try to force myself to wake up. I spend a long time opening my eyes which shut themselves and are heavy. Once in a while I am completely conscious just paralyzed. Sometimes it's almost like a dream.
>>
>be 13 or 14
>wake up to dark room
>im frozen on place, lying down
>unbelievably sly, evil female voice softly calls my name and laughs
>It's coming from the closet
>I try to scream and can't
>I can barely breath laying there as this fucking evil THING creeps closer
>finally break through it and scream to wake the dead
>hasn't happened since thank god
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.