[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nixon's Paramid?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
Does /x/ know anything about the Stanley R. Mickelsen Safeguard Complex?

Five years after the initial groundbreaking, the complex came to life. The facility operated for a little under 24 hours before Congress pulled the funding and ended the program.

Total cost to the taxpayer? Just under $6 billion. A 1974 report from the comptroller general details much of the cost, including $112 million in excess materials, $481 million dollars in “lost effort” and $697 million in “schedule changes.”

I was looking into this and some odd info popped up. On December 13 2012 the Spring Creek Hutterite Colony of Forbes purchased the complex for $530,000 USD.

Where did a self-sustaining colony of Hutterites come up with over a half-million dollars? I dug up some info on the Hutterites of North Dakota and found this.
1) An average of 90 people live in a colony.
2) Colonies are legal corporations that pay local property taxes like other landowners.
3) Individual Hutterites do not pay income tax because they receive no pay.
4) Colonies pay income tax that's figured by dividing a colony's taxable income by the number of adults living on that colony.
5) The latest colonies formed in North Dakota were in the 80's.
6) There seems to be alot of pushback from the Hutterite community itself on establishing new colonies due to lack of funding.

“We have paid income tax, but nowadays it seems like we don't make enough money,” Newport Colony minister/leader Sam J. Waldner said.
>>
>>17743018 (Cont.)

They also seemed to have won the bid by default.

"Starting on December 13, 2012 at 11:00am CST, the Bid Interval will be reduced from 24 hours to 2 hours."

"CORRECTION: Please be advised that the Bid History shows the first six bids made on this sale incorrectly. Those bids have been cancelled because they did not comply with the terms of the Invitation for Bids due to an error in the initial posting of this sale."

Why buy the complex in first place? It's officially claimed as farmland, but...
1) Forbes (Colony) is in Dickey County, bordering South Dakota. Nekoma (Complex) is in Cavalier county, bordering Canada 220 miles away. A 3h30min drive according to Google maps.
2) Again, we know there is pushback on establishing new colonies.
3) They appearently haven't done anything with the place since 2012 when it was purchased.
>>
File: CAM00406_1024x1024.jpg (157 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
CAM00406_1024x1024.jpg
157 KB, 1024x768
>>17743018
I fucking love the paramid is my favorite ultrasonic motion sensor.

You'll never catch a ghost without one of this.

And hutterites shouldn't have that much money.

That is weird.
>>
File: 1459977891085.jpg (15 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
1459977891085.jpg
15 KB, 292x257
>>17743063
>paramid
Yeah, noticed that after I posted. I'd love to say I was being clever and called it a "para"mid due to it being a former military installation... sadly I'm just retarded.
>>
>>17743018
So what's the story behind this pyramid OP? Yes I could Google it but I want the sparknotes.
>>
>>17743136
Basically a missile defense system that cost WAY more than it should have. Is fully staffed and operational for 24 hours then promptly closes. Which is strange in its own right. Stranger still is the pact that officially put it out of action was signed LONG before the complex was completed. So why even open it in the first place?

Nixon's Pyramid is one of a kind, supposedly the radar array. The workings of which still operate to this day on the nearby Cavalier Air Force Station. So why the pyramid design? It obviously wasn't integral to the array.

People have made various /x/ related claims about the place over the years. Aliens, Mind Control, Illuminati Base, etc. It's why I came to /x/ with this first, thought maybe someone might know *something* about it. Ideally we'd find an anon close to the damned thing.
>>
It's alium ship landing pads I tells ya
>>
>>17743188

It wasn't meant to be one of a kind since they agreed with Soviets on up to two defense complexes. Congress cancelled second one citing financial reasons. Missiles with multiple warheads rendered these defenses obsolete. That was probably why it was abandoned.
>>
>>17743063
Confurmed never having been to a farm.
>>
I was in the air force for a while and learned about these. It's not a conspiracy, just a missile defense system that was obsolete by the time it was built. The cost to maintain and operate was too much money and the ussr knew they weren't effective so they couldn't be used as psychological deterrence. They have pics and little bios of them all over schriever arb. When I worked nights I would walk around with my k9 doing "security checks" and just try to find them all and read about them.

/thread, phaggot.
>>
File: Dollar_siegel_hq.jpg (692 KB, 720x726) Image search: [Google]
Dollar_siegel_hq.jpg
692 KB, 720x726
>>17743018
>>
File: stan470e533.jpg (14 KB, 395x450) Image search: [Google]
stan470e533.jpg
14 KB, 395x450
The only known photo of Stanley R. Mickelsen
>>
>>17743018
>>17743188
Looks like some shit out of the Half Life games.
>>
>>17743018
>>17743188
Wikipedia says it was operational for close to a year, not 24 hours.
>>
>>17744553
>close to a year, not 24 hours
Technically true. The program was killed and funding was pulled 24 hours after it was fully operational.

They didn't just up and abandon the site one day later. There had of course been some personnel staffed on site leading up to September 28th, when it had reached full operational capability. There would be personnel staffed on site after that 24 hours until complete decommission as well.

There had also been housing (and other buildings) on the complex but it was removed at some point. I can't tell you whether this happened after the 24 hour mark but before complete decommission, or post decommission and sometime before it was auctioned.
>>
>>17743018
>total cost to the taxpayer
I raged.
How the fuck do you misappropriate 5.5 BILLION taxpayer dollars. FUCK AMERICA.
>>
>>17744553
>>17744706
>September 28th
Actually October 1st.
Looks as though wikipedia is wrong.

Sources:
http://www.srmsc.org/int1000.html

https://books.google.com/books?id=vagljMKPYrkC&pg=PA36&lpg=PA36&dq=October+1,+1975+mickelson&source=bl&ots=PPYTKtP8ON&sig=Lui3AEYKsXSrvy9Si9uvLBZV6Fs&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiJo7vM2PzMAhVJMyYKHUR7CmcQ6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q=October%201%2C%201975%20mickelson&f=false

https://books.google.com/books?id=KzO1CwAAQBAJ&pg=PA36&lpg=PA36&dq=October+1,+1975+mickelson&source=bl&ots=MhklKcTZIe&sig=ky_qNEyV4VHz1MEN3thBIcHKr2I&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiJo7vM2PzMAhVJMyYKHUR7CmcQ6AEIIDAB#v=onepage&q=October%201%2C%201975%20mickelson&f=false

http://www.amusingplanet.com/2015/04/stanley-r-mickelsen-safeguard-complex.html
>>
>>17744760
>Mickelson

Phil Mickelson pro golfer follows me worse than people who are afraid of numbers. Anyone else have this problem?
I wouldn't mind if it was just "phil mickelson" but it always seems to be "phil Mickelson pro golfer" instead.
>/x/ problems
>>
>>17744764
>misspelling
Doesn't matter. Wikipedia even contradicts itself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_R._Mickelsen_Safeguard_Complex
>28 September 1975
>unsourced

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/FPQ-16_PARCS
>1 October 1975
>sourced
>>
>>17744750
because in the grand scheme of things it is literally nothing.
>>
>>17744750
481 million "lost effort"
someone sure ass hell dident put any effort into stealing that money
>>
>>17743018
>want an hidden base
>use a big unusually shaped structure

Hiding in plain sight
Typical illuminati
>>
Not illuminati. Been there seen that. It is what it is...an abandoned military site.
>>
>>17743188
I suppose you haven't been out in ND, have you. It's windy as fuck. Making a design with less resistance is going to be a necessity if you plan on it being there a long time.
>>
>>17744843
probably the designers omitting specs, as usual
>oh shit
>yeah the whole thing is supposed to be under ground, did we write that in?
>>
>>17743188
Yeah, Been there, Nothing too exciting. Just a bunch of windmills around it now.
>>
>>17743188
If I recall, the 4 pyramid walls are integral to the design. I believe there were radar arrays looking 4 directions as opposed to the array at Cavalier which only looks north for an attack over the poles. (Cavalier only has a slant to the north face.) That's more or less how I remember it being told to me.
>>
>>17743188
I bet everything went down in the deep bunkers. There's probably an underground city the size of NYC by now.
>>
>>17744307
Fuck, the facility is even missing the all seeing eye.
>>
>>17747716
it's obviously there, just existing in subspace.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.