[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEED RECENT ANIMU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: shinsekaiyori.jpg (223 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
shinsekaiyori.jpg
223 KB, 640x960
Recommend some recent animu for me /wsr/

I really liked most animes I've watched, but I really don't know or like any of the ones I've tried that were made post 2010.

To give you some idea of my taste, the only two I've liked that were what I'd consider recent were Shin Sekai Yori and Zankyo no Terror.

I hate shit like Attack on Titan or Claymore where there are 20 minute fights with dumb pauses where the combatants or onlookers painstakingly explain what's happening and how cool every move/power is, so please - none of those.

So what recommendations can you give me, for shows made after around 2010?
>>
>>95806
>animes

Steins;Gate
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
One Punch Man
Madoka
Daily Lives of High School Boys
Psycho Pass

There should be something in this list that will take your interest since I included a wide range of stuff that is usually generally liked by people. Also before you dismiss One Punch man it is basically a gag version of what you hate where the MC does just take out things in one punch (when serious).
>>
File: Hozukis-Coolheadedness-BD_13.jpg (169 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Hozukis-Coolheadedness-BD_13.jpg
169 KB, 960x540
>>95806
Ajin: Demi-Human (Trilogy of films only the first one's out 2015)
Cencoroll (2009 Movie)
DanMachi (2015)
Girls Beyond the Wasteland (2016)
Harmony (2015 movie)
Hozuki's Coolheadedness (one of the best of 2014)
Kekkai Sensen - Blood Blockade Battlefront (2015)
Kill la Kill (2014)
Kimi to Boku (You & I) (2011)
K-On (2009-2010 + Movie)
Myriad Colors Phantom World
Ninja Slayer (2015)
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4yIh8w0zpg [Embed]
Outbreak Company (2013)
Problem Children are Coming from Another World, aren't they? (2013)
Psycho-Pass (2014)
Rebuild of Evangelion (4 Movies 2007-2016)
Steins;Gate (2011)
Summer Wars (2009 Movie)
Tamako Market (2013 also search for KyoAni works)
Tari Tari (2012 similar to K-On)
Yuyushiki (2013)
ΛLDNOΛH.ZERO (Mecha 2014)

on >>>/a/ they usually make threads with long list of the best sellers anime of the season.
>>
Hyouka
Shirobako

>>95825
Don't listen to him when it comes to Myriad Colors Phantom World. It's not completely unenjoyable, but inless you have a great interest in that kind of anime, it is not something that shoud be recommended.

>>95825
The best sellers are not that good for finding recommendations. For one, you will miss a lot of good anime, for example Shin Sekai Yori sold horribly, and secondly, not all the top sellers are even that good. Most of them have some enjoyable qualities, but not all of them deserve to be mentioned among the best. For example Free, it's okay, but kinda generic and only sold well because of the shipping and fanservice. Infinite Stratos is one of the best selling anime of all time, but it's just a generic battle harem with bad characters (but the action scenes are nice).
>>
>>95806
The most similar anime I know to 'Shin Sekai Yori' are 'Nagi no asukara' and 'Anohana'.
In Nagi no asukara the characters grow up like in From the new world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imFb2zRXbtA&nohtml5=False
>>
File: NANI.jpg (54 KB, 714x682) Image search: [Google]
NANI.jpg
54 KB, 714x682
>>95825
>ninja slayer but no inferno cop
>>
>>95825
Really weird list. Also Harmony doesn't even have subtitles.
>>
>>95845
Oh shit, I forgot to put Anohana on my list, I loved that too. I also liked Sakamichi no Apollon. Must have forgot about them since they were slice of life

>those fucking feels

I'll put Nagi no Asukara on the top of my list then.

>>95842
Thanks for the advice, I'll check these out too.

>>95825
Thank you too, I'll seee which ones sound interesting plotwise to me. I've heard good things about Steins; Gate and Kill la Killl
>>
TV shows I'd recommend, excluding the stuff you've already seen.

2010:
- Heartcatch Precure
- House of Five Leaves
- Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
- Princess Jellyfish
- Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru
- The Tatami Galaxy

2011:
- Hourou Musoku
- Hyouge Mono
- The iDOLM@STER
- Mawaru Penguindrum
- Nichijou
- Usagi Drop

2012:
- AKB0048
- Girls und Panzer
- Hyouka
- Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
- Senki Zesshou Symphogear

2013:
- Aku no Hana
- Kill la Kill
- Kyousougiga
- Love Lab
- Love Live! School Idol Project
- Non Non Biyori
- Samurai Flamenco
- Tamako Market
- Uchouten Kazoku
- Yuyushiki

2014:
- Haikyuu!!
- Ping Pong the Animation
- Shirobako
- Space Dandy

2015:
- Go! Princess Precure
- Hibike! Euphonium
- Osomatsu-san
- Yuri Kuma Arashi

2016:
- Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
>>
File: Non Non Biyori 02.jpg (1 MB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
Non Non Biyori 02.jpg
1 MB, 1440x810
>>95806
For Slice of Life / Comedy shows, I highly recommend:
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Barakamon
Non Non Biyori

>>95852
If I were to rewatch Nagi no Asukara, it wouldn't be for the feels (even though the plot is good), but truely because of the over the top scenery. There is no word to describe what the art is like.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.