[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there an anime that was meant for normal people and not weebs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12
File: dd.gif (343 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
dd.gif
343 KB, 500x281
Is there an anime that was meant for normal people and not weebs?
>>
No. Now kill yourself.
>>
no
people will post some anime but they are weebs in denial
>>
kids anime like pokemon or digimon
>>
>>65363
Death note, it's kinda emo but not very weebish at all, it's like a supernatural Dexter, it's known as a good introductory anime as it's basically a western TV show, just animated. Also btooom, but that doesn't look like its getting a second season...
>>
>>65363
Champloo
>>
>>65363
I think the correct question is "Is there anime that would appeal to normal people?" And the answer is yes.

I would start with a classic like Cowboy Bebop and go from there.
>>
Most animes made before the 2000s
>>
>>65363
Almost everything that was on toonami
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
Samurai Champloo
Space Dandy
Outlaw Star to a certain extent
Monster
And I guess that galactic heroes thing that every weeb praises so much, but I haven't seen it.
The Big O
>>
File: jojo poster3.jpg (460 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
jojo poster3.jpg
460 KB, 1680x1050
>>
>>65363
Cartoons are regarded differently in NA and are seen as more necessarily juvenile. Stuff like the Lupin III movies are normalcore in Japan.

That said, some of my normalfag friends have voluntarily watched Attack on Titan on Netflix and loved it.
>>
Now and then, here and there.
>>
Space dandy and Cowboy Bebop seem like they're trying to be western
>>
>>65371

>muh manime

No wonder you still worship a programming block for 10 year old boys.
>>
>>65363
Yeah they are called gateway drug animes, be wary of them, son.
>>
Afro Samurai was decent enough.
>>
>>65376
He said anime for normal people, I won't recommend K-on and Kiniro Mosaic If he asked for that.
>>
thanks doc
>>
>>65377
what are they?
>>
>>65363
What exactly are you looking for OP?

I'm taking the bait
Early Gainax
Anithing by Masaaki Yuasa, Satoshi Kon, Shinichiro Watanabe
>>
>>65378
That's if Champlooo was too weebo for you.
>>
File: usopp.jpg (25 KB, 283x283) Image search: [Google]
usopp.jpg
25 KB, 283x283
>>
>>65363
Closet weeb detected
>>
File: video_redline3_v.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
video_redline3_v.jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
Redline
>>
>>65363
There are but only the shitty ones, all the best anime is weeb:
Belladonna, Angel's Egg, Cat Soup, Yuasa works, Eva, Lain, Utena, Haibane, Texhnolyze, Kon films, Miyazaki films, Takahata films, Ghost in the Shell, FLCL, Beautiful Dreamer, Mononoke, Bebop, Wings of Honneamise and anything by Dezaki.
>>
>>65382
>Early Gainax
Practically everything Gainax made till 2007 was great.
>>
>>65363
Thanks doc.
>>
The Boondocks
>>
Any dubbed version
>>
File: 1394987257342.jpg (818 KB, 955x3589) Image search: [Google]
1394987257342.jpg
818 KB, 955x3589
>>65363
>Nobody posting "Legend of the Galactic Heroes"
>The most normal anime around
>No cutsie girls with big anime eyes
>No beta or clueless male protagonists
>Discusses the ideals of Autocracy versus Democracy
>No trashy dialogue
>The books and anime was the very definition of "space opera"

It's time you treat yourself to the best anime ever made, OP.
>>
>>65363
Naruto
Except the anime sucks, read the manga instead
>>
It used to be, but ever since Otaku-faggotry started, the industry has been focused on that target demographic. It has attracted the lowlife faggots and so has been populated by them, which is why it's difficult to make something other than pedophile or cuck shit.
>>
File: Bartender_tv.jpg (14 KB, 400x184) Image search: [Google]
Bartender_tv.jpg
14 KB, 400x184
>>
File: 1456024460541.jpg (568 KB, 1994x939) Image search: [Google]
1456024460541.jpg
568 KB, 1994x939
No you dumb /a/ reject as even the so-called "great" series do not so much as graze the aesthetic and philosophical heights of cinema and literature. It's a trash genre made for East Asian teenagers and white manchildren with short attention spans.

>>>/wsr/
>>
File: 1420303187162.jpg (59 KB, 626x701) Image search: [Google]
1420303187162.jpg
59 KB, 626x701
Plenty. The only weeb garbage is harem/waifushit and other shows that are super japanese for no reason. That cuts out about 75% of them but there's still plenty left over.

Berkserk
Jojo
Bebop
Shamploo
Trigun
Gurren Lagann
Etc
>>
Check up Black Lagoon.
>>
>>65370
That's wrong though.
>>
>>65398
The pirate anime?
>>
what's the anime called where people have special powers and they tend to have horns and colored eye shadow, there's like this chick who has telekinetic powers? I saw a clip once and fucking loved the music but lost it
>>
>>65424
Elfen Lied?
>>
>>65434
naw it was like a team of people and at one point there was a fight scene in a city where one guy is about to hurt another and this woman and guy come to his rescue, they are like jump at him and the guy throws a car at his and the girl swings a light pole before he jumps back and then just smashed into a building by another girl with telekinetic powers
>>
>>65363
What ever airs on TV and is easily accessible by idiots
>>
The original Hellsing anime is good in that regard. It doesn't have any of the retarded super deformed shit and needless anime-isms that most shows do. It's not as good plot wise as Hellsing Ultimate, but that does have anime-isms and I can't stand those.

Otherwise I'll also recommend Cowboy Bebop. It's essentially an anime that tries to be Western and largely succeeds.
>>
File: year 1994 anime seasons.jpg (845 KB, 1160x2160) Image search: [Google]
year 1994 anime seasons.jpg
845 KB, 1160x2160
>>65370
Said the person who has seen maybe 3 anime in his life.
>>
>>65363
>mods can move threads
I did not know this
That being said, this is a fucking slow ass board huh. Only 65k posts
>>
Didn't read to see if it was posted, but, I've always thought Gantz was pretty down to earth. Without spoiling much, and don't get me wrong here, it is very much so a battle anime. But it's got a very dark and relatively somber tone to it. If memory serves (it's been years) the ending is akin to many television series that air today, in a very non-anime kind of way. It's dark shit dude, check it out.
>>
File: hex vs dex.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
hex vs dex.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>65438
>>65424
I'm pretty sure that Yozakura Quartet. I can't find the exact webm of that scene you're describing, but this is from the same show.
>>
>>65396
Wow, autism incarnate. Holy shit.
>>
File: Yozakura Hana no Uta 7 fight.webm (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Yozakura Hana no Uta 7 fight.webm
2 MB, 480x270
>>65488
I found it. Also, that's not telekineses she's using, it's more like a Power Word, she uses the name of something as a shortcut for materializing it with magic.
>>
>>65488
>>65512
FUCK YEAH you guys fucking rock!!!!!!!
>>
File: MENACING.png (126 KB, 400x228) Image search: [Google]
MENACING.png
126 KB, 400x228
>>65397
>anime meant for normal people
>jojo
>>
>>65488
>>65512
>>65533
seriously I know nothing about the anime but I fucking dig the music!
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.