[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone tell me if a Zotac gtx geforce 960 graphics card is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1462775609235-693036422.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
1462775609235-693036422.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
Can anyone tell me if a Zotac gtx geforce 960 graphics card is compatable with a M5a78L-M/usb3 mobo? I have both and so far im met with black screens and no bootups im not sure if im just doing something wrong or if its a hopeless endeavor.
>>
>>117337
>>
Also currently i have a 660 that does work fine
>>
>>117339

That isn't my motherboard I dont know if usb3 park makes a difference but their two different motherboards alltogether
>>
>>117337
What are the specs of the graphics card other than memory, site below shows which are compatible for 960 series with 2gb memory but you would probably get a better answer if you asked ASUS support.

https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/?compatible_with=asus-motherboard-m5a78lmusb3#c=208&r=2048
>>
>>117343
>https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/?compatible_with=asus-motherboard-m5a78lmusb3#c=208&r=2048

I just checked well, it says they work fine together but I still keep getting issues with booting... Whenever I try starting with the 960 the computer tower powers up like usual, fans and all but i get no signal to the monitor and my mouse and keyboard dont activate. I also dont get the inital beep from my mobo either...
>>
>>117344

Does it work with onboard video?
>>
>>117346

The motherboard does have onboard I've been working on removing it but I have no idea where..
>>
>>117347

reset the bios by taking the silver cmos battery out of the motherboard for a couple seconds.
>>
>>117344
It sounds like an issue with the graphics card can you get a replacement?Otherwise it may be because your motherboards bios is outdated but i think that's very unlikely since your 660 works fine.
>>
I got it working, It was the onboard that was interfering with the 960, I'm currently using the 960 right now with seemingly no problems. Thank you guys so much!
>>
>>117348
That's not how you clear the CMOS in any PC built after 1993, and shame on you for promulgating that defective method.

There's a "clear CMOS" jumper for a reason, and that reason is EEPROM.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.