[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way to get Windows 10 on an old Windows XP? I'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1455831191156.gif (1 MB, 500x658) Image search: [Google]
1455831191156.gif
1 MB, 500x658
Is there any way to get Windows 10 on an old Windows XP? I'd like to take advantage of Windows 10 before the free deadline comes around in July. I've only used Windows, not really interested in running anything else on it.
>>
XP doesn't qualify for free upgrade to W10.
You have to have one of newer systems like 7 or 8.1.
>>
>>131627
If you're running Socket 775, get a motherboard with s775 and a Windows 7 license for ~$30.

You'll get an upgrade path to high-end Core2s*, a genuine Windows 7 license, and a free upgrade to Windows 10. You can re-use then upgrade your Windows XP install: just avoid AHCI, change all the drivers to "Microsoft standard whatever driver", download the appropriate OEMBIOS certificate for your motherboard, and swap it in in the shift-f10 menu of Windows XP's installer.

* a Core2 Quad or Core2 Xeon has comparable performance to a Haswell Pentium or Sandy Bridge i3.
>>
>>131639
holy cow.. I don't know anything about what you just said :_;
>>
Pirate Win7?
>>
>>131633
>Is there any way to get Windows 10 on an old Windows XP
Yeah just install windows 10. And thus you have replaced windows XP with windows 10
>>
>>131627
in simpler terms, if your pc has windows xp originally, there's a high chance it's too slow to run windows 10
>>
>>131646
Doubt the computer even has the hardware for it
>>
>>131627
Pirate win 7 and activate it with the Daz Loader and then upgrade to 10.

>>131747
>>131846
Well all they have to do is make sure they have 1GB or more of RAM as they probably have a Pentium 4 or Athlon 64 which should meet the minimum specs. It won't run like butter, but it would still run as it would meet the minimum specs. The main problem would probably come from getting compatible network and graphics drivers.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.