[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsg/ - Worksafe GIF

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 121
File: TR-8R.webm (4 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
TR-8R.webm
4 MB, 720x304
>>
File: Rey vs. Ren.webm (4 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
Rey vs. Ren.webm
4 MB, 720x304
>>
>>897443
The best scene in the movie.
>>
>>897441
Why the fuck does he have that on him?
Why the fuck does it stand blow for blow with a fucking light saber?
How did the storm trooper know his shit would not be cut in half apon clashing?
>>
>>897662
>Why the fuck does he have that on him?
There's really no logical reason.

>Why the fuck does it stand blow for blow with a fucking light saber?
Vibroblades are canon.

>How did the storm trooper know his shit would not be cut in half apon clashing?
He shouldn't know.
>>
>>897662

It isn't canon anymore but lots of stuff in the EU can stand up to lightsabers.

Ren is hunting a Jedi. Maybe he wants some of his troops to be prepared.
>>
>>897665
Lightsabers and their capabilities aren't unknown to people in this age. In Episode 3 we clearly saw droids with some sort of staff weapon that were able to parry lightsabers. The technology exists.

There is a good potential that these soldiers were trained knowing they may have to face Kylo Ren one day. There seems to be some contention between The First Order and Snoke. Hux and Ren seemed to represent two internal factions within The First Order, rather than all one team. It's possible Hux and other First Order generals see Ren as a liability and have outfitted soldiers with the ability to combat him if necessary.
>>
>>897662
Finn and that trooper were in the same squadron- Phasma's, which was trained in fighting jedi too in case Luke came back and they needed to fight him or some other jedi. They all carry them and he knows because he's been trained in that. Even if I DIDN'T know all that shit it shouldn't be hard to figure something like that hard. The fact that people are nitpicking this much baffles me. Jesus do people watch the movie with their eyes closed and only listen to the dialogue so they can't read past what the characters IMPLY and they can only understand dialogue or something?
>>
>>897443
This is what bugs me most about the new movie.

Rey starts out knowing absolutely nothing about the force. She didn't even know of its existence. Then after resisting Kylo Ren's attempt at mind control she suddenly does jedi mind tricks and force pull... AND she fights like she's been training for years. WTF?
>>
File: Autistic Rage.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Autistic Rage.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>897441
Kylo Ren. Autistic?
>>
File: Tiny Monk.gif (2 MB, 256x249) Image search: [Google]
Tiny Monk.gif
2 MB, 256x249
>>
>>897752
She was trained by Luke and had her memory wiped after Ren turned to the dark side and Luke quit the game.

When she touched the lightsaber for the first time they were memories, not visions.
>>
>>897756
That's a nice explanation. I hope that's true. I noted that Kylo Ren saw the blue sea and the islands when he tried to mind read her. Who is her parents then? Is Ben Solo her cousin?
>>
>>897662
It was supposed to be Phasma, but they decided they couldn't have a black character shooting a woman point blank.

Lots of shit does, remember the convenience shields at the end of Phantom Menace that separate Qui gonn and Obi-Wan?

>How did the storm trooper know his shit would not be cut in half apon clashing?
He's a highly trained soldier in the best funded army in the galaxy.
>>
>>897758
>Who is her parents then?

She'll probably turn out to be Luke's daughter, or worse Ren's secret twin sister just so they can rip off the original trilogy a little bit more and make her say "you killed my father".

But I'd prefer she not be related.
>>
>>897752
not really, she just did what she knew how to do, which was stab since her normal weapon is a spear, in regards to her force, its almost as if her force awakens
>>
>>897770
She's up against mr. evil knight of Ren and he can barely defeat her... That is pretty OP considering she's supposed to be a scavenger from the middle east
>>
>>897443
did it bug anyone else that the canyon is so obviously the exact same one as the one she walked through on the previous planet?

when she went into the forest here>>897441 just before kylo catches her
>>
>>897781
Yeah I thought of that as well.
>>
>>897759
>best funded army
Helmets that can't filter more than smoke.
>>
>>897853
Filters work on particles, if the filter is too tight, for lack of a better word, then oxygen flow is impeded more than it should, causing respiratory issues. Too loose and it does nothing.

Standard issue helmets for smoke makes sense as that would be the most common thing to filter out, they would obviously have different equipment for toxins, similar to out Emergency responders, they have tools for different jobs because certain jobs require them, but they are not going to carry them around all day.
>>
>>897754
pls, does anyone have this webm with sound?
>>
>>897774
Don't forget that Kylo was shot with a weapon that makes stormtroopers do backflips. And that Finn manged to hurt him even more before the fight.
>>
>>897441
#blacklivesdon'tmatter
>>
File: a new hope.webm (4 MB, 840x380) Image search: [Google]
a new hope.webm
4 MB, 840x380
>>
>>897752
I like to think of it as her becoming more in tune with the Force by instinct. Touching the lightsaber and resisting Kylo's mind reading unlocked her inner power that she always had the potential for, and then everything just came naturally. I for one liked it. It helped hammer in the mystic qualities of the Force and helped distance it from that midichlorian bullshit.
>>
File: No CGI allowed.webm (4 MB, 1266x528) Image search: [Google]
No CGI allowed.webm
4 MB, 1266x528
Hard to believe that the last film made about 30+ years ago has better visuals and a more exciting soundtrack than all the CGI crap Disney spewed all over Force Awakens.
>>
>>898129
I've yet to watch the movie. I'm not expecting much, but I am glad that the sets aren't completely sterile green screen rooms like the prequels.
>>
>>897443
What I really dont like is how long finn was able to hold up against kylo, kyli should have fucking curb stomped that nigger.
>>
>>898141
Okay, that's like saying; "I really don't like how Luke was able to block blaster bolts in the first one without any training. That's stupid."

>idiot needs exposition
>>
>>897754
i love their "umm.....nope, nopenopenope"
>>
>>897441
Does anyone have the version with Duel of fates playing in the background?
>>
>>897441
>Finn really is a traitor when you think about it. He killed his on mates. He's the worst kind of scum according to anyone who's ever been in an army.
>TR-8R throws down his own gun and shield, pulls out a melee weapon just so the fight is fair.
>Beats the shit out of Finn
>Sick spins
>More skilled with his whappity stick than Kylo was with a lightsaber

TR-8R is the best character in the movie. I hope they bring him back in the sequels, say his helmet preserved his brain and kept him alive long enough for them to put in an artificial heart. Then him and Phasma plot revenge on Finn. That'd be fuckin sweet, and would also solve the problem of storm trooper armor not being good for anything.
>>
>>897443
So, female vs a male. Rather than fight him intelligently, she just overpowers him in the end. This is stupid.
>>
>>898129

hard to believe your handler lets you operate a computer with internet access
>>
File: I Want Ass.webm (3 MB, 640x260) Image search: [Google]
I Want Ass.webm
3 MB, 640x260
>>898129
Cry more
>>
>>897441
anyone else bothered by the fact he's a standard out of the box stormtrooper just with a baton?

I don't know why they didn't have him keep the little shield or add some extra plastic bits to his armor so he looks more melee oriented

then again I think i'm just being unfair because i'm not a fan of the current stormtrooper design
>>
>>898436
the design team wanted to make it all minimalist and modern not realizing that the original costume was already as bare fucking bones as you could get it because they had to pump out a shitload of them as cheap as possible
>>
>>897752
Well the first thing to remember is that while Ren's not exactly a master either, quite a bit of the movie suggests that he's overall inexperienced. He's not a straight up rookie, but he's not on par with a Jedi knight.

Combine that with the fact that Rey already knows how to fight and that she's almost certainly Luke's daughter, and it makes more sense.
>>
>>898386

where is this from (the voice over that is)
>>
>>897758
>>897760
Jedi can't (arent allowed) children though? Or do you think they'll look past it?
>>
>>898019

Darth Vader's ''WAT''
>>
>>898535
Pretty sure that was the previous order. I mean that did kinda get wiped out. So its up to Luke right?
>>
>>898530
Auralnauts' parody dub of A New Hope "Laser Moon Awakens". Check out all their Star Wars parodies, they're comedy gold.
>>
>>898019
"WAT"
>>
>>898535

Jedi WEREN'T allowed children.

The new Jedi rules are whatever hodge-podge of old actual lore Luke managed to cobble together combined with whatever he thinks the rules should be.
>>
File: 1446002983962.gif (2 MB, 330x270) Image search: [Google]
1446002983962.gif
2 MB, 330x270
>>898129
What's on my agenda today? Oh yes, I must express my butthurt feelings for the new Star Wars movie.
>>
File: Triggered.webm (333 KB, 960x542) Image search: [Google]
Triggered.webm
333 KB, 960x542
>>898338
>>898386
>>898584

Fuck the lot of ya, the new movie was shit.

Soundtrack was boring as shit

Rey was a fucking Mary Sue

Only X-wings and TIE fighters with different paint jobs slapped on them at the last minute.

Literally made the BBEG space Voldemort

Literally made the Death Star again except IT'S BIGGER LEL.

No memerable characters other than Finn.

The movie. was. shit.

end of story.
>>
>>898755
Cry about it.
>>
File: cry.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
cry.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>898769
>>
File: JediDanceoff.webm (4 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
JediDanceoff.webm
4 MB, 480x270
>>898386
I like Auralnauts
>>
>>897441
does anyone have the version with the metal gear rising music playing?
>>
>>898755
Yeah it was. You should have known star wars was over the second it got bought by disney.
>>
>>898791
I had to go see it so the last traces of hope in my soul could be extinguished by the mouse.
>>
>>898794
I am honestly surprised even normies liked it.
>>
>>898436
Me personally, I'm really, really hoping this is just the first iteration of his costume, if you catch my drift. I'd love to see this guy come back in a future film and seek vengeance on Finn. TR-8R was in Finn's unit and just saw Finn kill one of the other soldiers from their unit. He's completely justified in wanting Finn dead. Unlike a typical Star Wars villain, he isn't just doing it for the evils.

But a blast shot straight through the heart is pretty hard to come back from.
>>
>>898769
He kind of just did. If by "cry" you mean express his distaste for it. Frankly the only thing close to crying I've seen has come from people defending it and getting their precious feelings hurt.
>>
>>898755
Agree with most of this, aside from three things:
1. TR-8R was pretty memorable for me. The Internet seems to agree.
2. Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher gave good performances.
3. Finn was memorable in a bad way, for me.

To explain the last, JJ and the writers wanted so badly to make Rey a strong, progressive female main character, that they turned her into a Mary Sue. And she's a perfect example of why Mary Sues are bad. Finn came from a special stormtooper unit trained in melee combat (as evidence by TR-8R). He shouldn't have gotten knocked down by her when they first met, and should have trained her to use that lightsaber since he had the experience. And if we'd seen him do that, we would have believed he could stand up to Kylo for a little while.

But that didn't happen, because she's such a blatant fucking Mary Sue that nobody is allowed to teach her a fucking thing. No force ghosts showed up and taught her to use the force. Finn didn't teach her to use the lightsaber. Han didn't teach her about piloting and the Falcon. She started and ended the movie perfect at everything, and any character growth she experience was completely independent of anyone else's input. Even her force-vision-thing was brought on by absolutely nothing but her being her.

And because of that, whatever agency Finn may have had went right out the window. He didn't get to rescue her; she rescued herself. He didn't get to train her; she trained herself. He got knocked out when they first met to show how tough she was. She solves every problem they encounter. And he stands up to Kylo just long enough for her to wake up and watch him nearly die. He's the blackest black sidekick, doing nothing without the help of the white people around him. He didn't even have a name until his white friend names him.

Which is a damn shame, because I thought Ridley's acting was really good. I was almost willing to forgive her character for being such a blatant Mary Sue. But not quite.
>>
>>898455
Rey being Luke's daughter is too easy. Rey is Obi-Wan's granddaughter. Look it up. It has to be true.
>>
>>898817
Rey was one of Luke's students before Kylo and Snoke killed all of them. She's the one who got away, and Luke left her on that planet. That's why he was so surprised to see her at the end.

Besides, it fits with her being such a fucking Mary Sue, and is the only good way to explain her force powers and lightsaber skill. She must have just forgotten all of that shit. Snoke's influence, perhaps, since Kylo has force-mind-read powers.
>>
>>897680
>There seems to be some contention between The First Order and Snoke. Hux and Ren seemed to represent two internal factions within The First Order, rather than all one team.

Nice head canon
>>
>>898755
>niggers are memorable
>>
>>897754
one of the best scenes in the new movie
>>
>>898328
dont forget he got shot tho
>>
File: Rey.0.gif (1 MB, 700x292) Image search: [Google]
Rey.0.gif
1 MB, 700x292
>>898129
>>898755
>Rey was a fucking Mary Sue

stop regurgitating what Max Landis said, be fucking original

>Soundtrack was boring as shit
agreed, besides a few select moments like Rey's Theme which btw is 10/10 the prequels had better soundtracks

>No memorable characters other than Finn
I thought Poe was pretty fucking classy and Rey was badass as fuck. Kylo Ren was THE best villain since Vader, he is so multi-layered and I love it

>The movie. was. shit.
disagree
It didn't try anything new but I didn't expect it to, but what it had was that old star wars feel and there are so many "pause and make this my wallpaper" moments that I come to love in the star wars universe
>>
>>898873
>stop regurgitating what Max Landis said, be fucking original
Just because someone else said something first doesn't make that thing any less true. And I can't speak for that guy, but I've been calling Rey a Mary Sue since before I heard anyone else say it. Inb4 someone calls me a hipster.
>>
>>898836
Visual Dictionary does mention that Kylo Ren falls outside the traditional command structure of the First Order, answering only to Snoke. Perhaps Hux is expecting Ren to develop into a rogue element and having the Stormtroopers trained to eliminate him if need be.
>>
>>898908
yea no, you watch Screen Junkies and just copy and paste
>>
>>898924
Speak for yourself, edgelord faggot. As you can see from >>898816, I know more about how detrimental her Mary Sue status is than anyone on Screen Junkies.
>>
>>898755
STFU Max Landis you're a failure of a filmmaker.
>>
>>897668
>Reply
VIbroblades are a precursor to Lightsabres, it stands to reason the tech would still exist, regardless of the prequels.
>>
>>898941
1) That isn't Max, 2) He's a screenwriter, not a filmmaker.

You're a failure of a troll.
>>
File: CWU.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
CWU.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>
>>898254
He had training you stupid fuck
>>
File: 1431842840683.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
1431842840683.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>>898929
>>
>>898978
Right, whereas Rey had none that we know of. Literally the only way to salvage her character from the bullshit heap at this point is if she's the only one of Luke's students who survived and just forgot for some reason.
>>
File: do it.webm (961 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
do it.webm
961 KB, 1280x720
>>898983
Get out
>>
>>898968
Kylo Ren is a good guy, just look at the beginning dialogue. He's using his murder of a loved one (although he hates it) to get closer to the dark side (full sith) and kiil Snoke
>>
File: Big Smile.webm (772 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Big Smile.webm
772 KB, 1280x720
>>898987
no
>>
File: v4kAw1j.gif (3 MB, 432x299) Image search: [Google]
v4kAw1j.gif
3 MB, 432x299
>>
>>898987
based sheev.
>>
>>898797
There's a comic that tells a little about Finn's squad's training and there's another member who is supposed to be the best of them at melee combat. I'm hoping he shows up in another movie if he didn't die in that battle.
>>
>>897754
i love kylo ren, definitely tons of people who would disagree with this opinion. i believe jj abrams pulled of what goerge lucas wanted anakin skywalker to be.
>>
>>898989
So, anyone else think Daisy has a huge grill? She did a good job with what they gave her, but I was distracted by how often she made that teeth-grit face throughout the movie.
>>
>>897443
>force pulls, ignition buttonbutton faces forward
>cut to pussy-sith
>cut back to bland.jpeg and button faces back
>>
>>899064
Oh shit, do you mean she flipped it over in her hand during the cut? Fuck. No idea how she did that. Takes me at least two minutes to turn a lightsaber over in my hand.

But in all seriousness, good catch. If you caught something that small, I'd love to see what else you can find.
>>
>no webm yet of the X-Wing reinforcements scene
What the fuck, that was the best part of the film (besides TR-8R)
>>
>>898873
Listen, just because someone says something mean about your waifu doesn't make it not true.
>>
File: im Rey.gif (1 MB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
im Rey.gif
1 MB, 500x260
>>899061
she has great teeth and find them hot as hell, im glad she was herself in the film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTLAx3VDX7g
she was so cute in this
>>
>>898989
>>899153
Wow. I was kidding about her being your waifu before but you're actually serious aren't you?
She really is your waifu and that's why you hate people calling her a mary sue isn't it?
Just because you want to stick your dick in her? That's kinda pathetic dude.
>>
File: lol.gif (2 MB, 500x256) Image search: [Google]
lol.gif
2 MB, 500x256
>>899157
negative anon, your lack of an intelligence is showing lol

Daisy Ridley amongst the other amazing new cast members did a wonderful job, but you're trying so hard to be different and be liked on an anonymous message board its hilarious really.
>>
>>897756
This is the best explanation for it that i've seen so far... but it still feels like it would be an awful cop-out especially since movies should stand alone.
>>
>>899168
you're waifu a shit
>>
>>897754
Glad to see I wasn't the only one thinking that.

>random fits of rage
>fanboy obsession with idol
>insecure and awkward
>youthful features
>still kind of intelligent
>>
>>897652
I too enjoyed when the sperglord fought the girl who can do things only Master Jedi can do without any formal training and can fly The Millennium Falcon better than Han Solo.
>>
File: the force awakens.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
the force awakens.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
>>898019

I never realized this before, and I'm sorry if this upsets anyone, but, in HD, the quality of production starts to look obviously shitty...

I know this is what can be expected of something this creative this day and age, but still, it starts to look obvious that the ships are like toys a kid zoomed around with his hands...
>>
>>898873
>[the movie] didn't try anything new

Of course it didn't. Abrams was too afraid to stray from the pattern of the original trilogy. He brought in old actors, the same old composer, and did as many of the same things Lucas did in the first. He even said he used models for some of the settings and the ships, just like Lucas did.
>>
>>898816
Finn wasn't on his game for a lot of the beginning. I give him the benefit of the doubt, and I believe he'd have done fine in a fight against her, but in that moment, she had the upper hand being more prepared and steeled up.

Also, while it's true that they just slapped "I KNOW HOW TO USE THE FORCE AND FIGHT WITH A SWORD," on to Rey's Mary Sue Resume, I don't find her using it to be unbelievable at a base. To the extent she used it: Overboard, sure, but I can believe that she just has raw power on her side. Maybe she's an Anakin-level prodigy? Think of the shit Anakin could do as a kid, and he didn't even know about the force. She's heard tales and rumors. It wouldn't be out of the ordinary for her to think "Hmm, I remember the rumor about Jedi mind tricks. How'd it work again?" She gave her powers a test-run. I think anyone in her place would have tried at least.

As far as the fight with Kylo Ren, I don't believe Rey should've won. Even if Kylo Ren is weaker in the force than she is, he's still more skilled at just about everything. His biggest weakness is his temper and insecurity, which she didn't even try to exploit during the fight. If she did that much, I would have believed it, but looking back, it was pretty silly just to give her the fight like that, and with minimal injuries at that.

And Finn. I didn't like him. Other than the bit with Phasma, his character turned to shit by the time he met Rey. Finn spends the majority of the movie trying to white knight for a cute girl he just met. And I really mean white knight, as in trying to be the hero so he can get some pussy. Seems weird how he'd even understand what sex is, since he's spent nearly 23 years as a soldier, too. Still, by the end of it, Finn looks like a bitch, because he hardly did anything worthwhile besides being everyone's weak, bitch partner.

Besides that, good movie. 8/10, would watch again.
>>
>>898988
Will this take the entire trilogy's span to complete?

Is that how this shit ends?

God dammit, I hate it when headcanons are so good, they sound like spoilers.
>>
>>898968
>>898988
your headcanon is literally better then anything the real writers are gonna make ;_;
>>
>>899289
Could you please provide sauce on that?
>>
File: race you.webm (4 MB, 556x270) Image search: [Google]
race you.webm
4 MB, 556x270
>>898778
i have you now
>>
>>897441
>getting used to fight with a lightsaber in less than 1min
You had job JJ...
>>
>>899404
*one
>>
>>899393
Holy fuck what is the sauce?
>>
>>899392
RedLetterMedia
Thanks myself.
>>
All this hate for Finn, but I kind of think he adds a sense of realism that a lot of movies don't have.
>literally just some dude who hates his job
>finds a way to escape by busting Poe out
>just wants to leave the first order and live his life
>gets sucked into this whole rebellion thing within 24 hours of deserting
>repeatedly tries to get out of it because he didn't just leave one army to join another
>is into rey because she's cool and pretty much saves his ass (easily something that would make you want to pay back the favor)

It's kind of a relief that there is a male protagonist who's just some dude you know? I'm so tired of how movies take a normal "everyman" and suddenly transform him into this "alpha manly man hero" all the time.

And everyone pissed that Rey is a "Mary Sue" and is "too good at everything"
Luke skywalker was literally some fucking farm boy, and within like 72 hours of leaving his home planet and learning he might be a jedi, he somehow has the technical skill to pilot an x-wing in one of the biggest space dogfights of the series, and blow up the death star.

Basically all this criticism can be summed up as "The woman is the more competent one, and the man is the bumbling sidekick, and that makes me upset!" and honestly I thought we were better than /r9k/
>>
>>899297

What's worse to you, ageing practical effects or ageing cgi?
>>
>>899392
Red letter media on the jewtube
>>
>>899425
Go back to tumblr. She is a "Mary Sue" and that us that. If you don't remember from ep. 4, Obi Wan was struck down after saying "if you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can imagine." Obi Wan helped Luke destroy the death star. Go defend your SJW narrative somewhere else. The next movies will hopefully right the first movie's wrongs. The force is suppose to take years to master, not just get a good night's sleep and Ta-Da!
>>
>>899413
Star wars
>>
>>898323
Literally a meme character
>>
>>898968
crawling in my skin edit when?
>>
>>898995
Like if you saw the movie before JonTron's video
>>
File: StarWarts.gif (2 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
StarWarts.gif
2 MB, 600x338
>>899393
In all seriousness.
I guess the voice over is just for this. But I would love to find out who made it. Or the music.
>>
>>899413
>>899683
Took a second try at searching for it, my bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI8aSJBC9u0
>>
>>898582
I'm pretty sure he could ask alec guinness and Frank ozs ghosts all sort of questions.
>>
>>899240
It's almost like she's Han & Leia's daughter who is the same age as Kylo Ren. Almost like....a secret twin sister
>>
>>899693
They were too busy in Force Heaven banging all the dead Twilek Jedi from the cartoons
>>
File: dx.webm (266 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
dx.webm
266 KB, 1280x544
>>
File: steven segall.gif (1 MB, 360x180) Image search: [Google]
steven segall.gif
1 MB, 360x180
>>898873
Fuck Max Landis, he's an edgelord to the extreme.

Learning how to use the Force after not knowing shit about the Force makes you a Mary Sue.

Knowing more about a "piece of junk" ship than its owner who's flown it for 40+ years, AND can fly it perfectly without killing yourself makes you a Mary Sue.

Having an inconsistent character backstory in which it is shown for the first 45 FUCKING MINUTES she wants to leave the planet she was born and raised on, then change it so she wants to go back to see her family to score cheap emotional points makes you a Mary Sue and a shitty writer.

I swear to God, somebody came in halfway through production and took over, it felt like there were two directors steering this film every which way.

How's that for original smart ass?
>>
>>898873
i said she was a mary sue in the theater when i went to go see it
and its not repeating max landis if it was fucking true
>>
File: SWGR.webm (4 MB, 546x360) Image search: [Google]
SWGR.webm
4 MB, 546x360
>>
>>897752
This, No one wants to accept the truth
>>
>>897752
i said this multiple times to people and they just told me that she was just "that strong in the force"
fucking bullshit
and her beating kylo ren in a fight is only a little acceptable because he did get shot by chewbacca's bowcaster which was shown to be extremely powerful
>>
>>899530
i heard of it from simpsons when they made a joke about it but i never knew it was a real thing until i saw redletter media make a thing about it
>>
>>899393
>That scream at the start
My sides.

Is that a lotr soundbite? Or is it older?
>>
>>899297
You need to watch the original RKO King Kong.
Shitty fx.
A good story well told.
>>
>>899333
The slave soldiers are raised to think and act as part of a group, making them stronger in their group than they could possibly be outside of it.
This stops the galaxy being littered with highly trained runaways and vagabonds. The way he left the service is meant to be an anomaly and it shows in everything he does. He's not a man with agency, he's a broken toy waiting for orders that will never come.
>>
>>897752
One thing I've never seen people point out is Ren clearly doesn't want to kill Rey. He offers to teach her and wants him to join him, he's not going all out.
>>
>>898129
Man, Wedge is such a show off with that maneuver at the beginning. I love it.
>>
>>898755
I agree.
I actually hated Finn, but only because i feel they wrote in the character very poorly.

BasketBall8 was cool though i guess.
>>
>>899425
>sense of realism
>slaughters half of the troops he grew up with after barely leaving the first order
>>
>>899524
I liked him before he started blowing up on the internet, so I'm cool with him being a meme. Inb4 hipster.
>>
>>898978
Yeah like 20 minutes of it. You don't think you could figure out how someone is doing something to you by feeling it?

>muhautism.jpg
>>
File: 1451968810228.gif (643 KB, 300x203) Image search: [Google]
1451968810228.gif
643 KB, 300x203
>>900000
>900000
>>
>>898778
SOURCE PLEASe?
>>
File: starwars-celebration-luke-kiss.gif (2 MB, 642x410) Image search: [Google]
starwars-celebration-luke-kiss.gif
2 MB, 642x410
>>899404
>getting used to fight with a lightsaber in less than 1min
FN-2187 (Finn) was in the same squad as Zeroes and Nines, who are especially skilled in riot control and hand to hand combat, he used to spar with them, so it figures he'd know a thing or two about martial arts.. "Nines" or TR-8R who you see int eh movie is so it's fitting that he's pissed when he sees Finn
>>
>>900225
>I like Auralnauts

anon you're fucking retarded and drunk
>>
>>899413
>>899683
Auralnauts, they've done up to Episode IV. Worth a watch.
>>
>>900000
where's all the hype about this
>>
>>899710
>she's Han & Leia's daughter
She's Luke's daughter.
>>
>>899333
>Maybe she's an Anakin-level prodigy?
Anakin was The Chosen One and supposedly is more force sensitive than anyone else in the universe.
So unless there a NEW prophecy, I don't think so.
>>
>>898755
>>898791
>>898794
Buh bye then. Sorry a female and black lead is too much for you I'll be busy enjoying more luke skywalker
>>
>>899425
>he somehow has the technical skill to pilot an x-wing
He stated in the movie (if you had watched it) that he's raced speeders before on Tatooine.
>in one of the biggest space dogfights of the series, and blow up the death star.
That was literally the ENTIRE POINT of Obiwan telling him not to use the targeting computers and use the Force instead, because he would have failed otherwise. He had someone teaching him how to do it, Rey didn't.
>>
>>897756
Isnt there a scene where she is dropped off on Jakku at a really young age? Like a baby?
>>
>>899933
I might have liked this when I was 5 years old
>>
>>900384
>That was literally the ENTIRE POINT of Obiwan telling him not to use the targeting computers and use the Force instead, because he would have failed otherwise. He had someone teaching him how to do it, Rey didn't.
It's almost as if the Force has awakened, making Force sensitives far more powerful than they have been in a long time.
>>
File: jedi steps.webm (3 MB, 720x320) Image search: [Google]
jedi steps.webm
3 MB, 720x320
probably gonna dub the soundtrack version of the jedi step track over the shitty audio of the cam so it's at least half decent. shit still gives me goosebumps everytime I watch/listen to it.
>>
It's FN-2199 "Nines". He is confirmed to be the Riot Trooper who Fought FN-2187 "Finn". Nines is dead sadly, I would of love'd to see more of him. Also a sexy backstory would be nice.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/FN-2199
>>
>>900448
that last camera drone or helicopter shot was so off-putting.
>>
>>898816

Have to disagree about Harrison Ford. When he was running around and shouting at people he was his old self from 30 years ago, but whenever he had to talk normally it felt very stiff and awkward. Sadly it seems like he's forgotten how to act.
>>
>>900469
This.
>>
>>897662
~Actual canon answers!~
He's a riot trooper. They expected heavy on-foot resistance when they raided the place.
Vibroblades can block sabers. Not sure why (STAR WARS SCIENCE) but that's always been the case.
Never answered but likely part of riot training is recognizing a lightsaber and knowing how to defend against one.

Fun fact: He's actually a canon character from the TFA prequel book that was in the same squad as Finn, hence why he immediately recognizes him as the traitor.
>>
>>898122
This is pretty accurate as far as I know. Rey's uncannily force sensitive, it "runs strong in her" like it did in Luke. Might actually be a nod to her being related to him. What she's showing is her natural talent. Plus there's some implication that Ren's not great at the whole "mind-reading" thing and she was able to see part of him when he read her mind. Kinda like Snape and Harry, with the occlumency thing.
>>
>>897698
Its this new generation of stupid kids that need to have everything handled down to then and explained to details.
>>
So, it;s true that she love the nigga?
>>
It;s a fucking fantasy story. You're supposed to get the general theme and moral of the story, not obsess over every little fucking detail. People like you (99% of you fucking retards) are the reason for the decline of pretty much everything, from quality of goods and services to games and cinema.

I'm in a charitable mood right now, so I'll start you fucking autists off with a couple of messages you should have taken away from the film:

- women can be strong if they're not expected to be weak
- men don't always have to be stoic
- absent fathers make shitty teenagers.

that's just off the top of my head. Get a fucking clue you worthless pieces of refuse
>>
>>898968
Is this Indog or Malay?
>>
>>900469
>We've got these sick closeups of the main characters building up all this emotion
>Lets ruin it with a shot that looks like it came from someones fucking drone go pro footage
>>
>>900454

>would of

just kill yourself. please.
>>
>>900399
probably when it was made kid
>>
>>897752
>Nitpicks this
>Doesn't nitpick the fact that Luke Skywalker used the force to instinctively target a three meter target with no targeting computer while being chased by TIEs in a turbolaser lined trench on a moon sized battle station that could blow up planets at 100+ km/hr.
Nice logic, bro.
>>
>>898455
Not to mention he was already SHOT BY A GODDAMN BOWCASTER.
Seriously, he's a badass just for being able to fight for that long.
>>
>>900119
Yeah, and soldier nigger has NO training, and NO force sensitivity. Kylo should have been able to simply force choke him, or pull the saber from his hand.

Whole film was bullshit, no wonder Harrison Ford opted out of two more films if the writing is this fucking bad.
>>
>>900662
>Soldier nigger has no training
Despite it having been said that he, like all stormtroopers, were trained from a very young age.
>No force sensitivity
Neither did General Grievous in the cartoons. He kicked the everloving fuck out of fully trained Jedi, with a lightsaber.
>>
>>900667
>were trained from a very young age
Yeah, to be stormtroopers.

>Neither did General Grievous in the cartoons
>in the cartoons
Oh right, you're trolling.
>>
nitpicking minor facts about fantasy (it's not sci-fi you shitheads) is the literal definition of autism
>>
>>900448
so who's tombstone is that?
>>
>>900669
>Yeah, to be stormtroopers
Which includes melee training, apparently.
>Oh right, you're trolling
Fuckin' A. The Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars cartoon was the best part of the prequel era shite that Lucas shoved down our throats.
>>
>>897441
I really hope Finn becomes awesome.

I wonder if the Force is still needed to be used to at least turn on a lightsaber
>>
>>900681
The fuck? Using the force was never necessary to turn on a lightsaber.
>>
>>899007
his fucking name is Sheev. I still cant get over that
>>
>>900684
really? it was a small point someone had brought up to me, maybe it was an EU thing.
>>
>>900692
Better than Anakin's lovely mother
>Shmee
>>
>>899446
Rumor has it next movie won't be about the Jedi and sith. It's going to mainly focus on the resistance and first order and their troops in battle. Sounds a bit more promising. Less things to fuck up
>>
>>900000
OVER 9000
>>
>>897441
What concerns me is how the storm trooper in the first part of the clip the first storm trooper hit that guy directly in the heart. Anyone finally teaching his troops how to shoot?
>>
>>900516

Could be that Kylo Ren and Rey are cousins.
>>
>>897441
There's a fifty/fifty chance that the guy that Finn fought was as close to a brother that he's known since his his planet was razed and he like many others were kidnapped and forced into being well trained slave footsoldiers.

The fact that he even has a personality outside of a cold emotionless logical machine is more about him accidentally reverting to his affable likeable quasi personality that was constructed so that he like the others could become an assassin or behind the lines foot soldier.
Something that could be turned on or off like a switch.

Fifty bucks we're treated to a few flash backs of him training with the others and him remembering the names of every single storm trooper he killed. An off putting display that is the exact opposite of his personality.

One part Bourne, one part Soldier and one part tartakovsky Clone Trooper.

Hell maybe he'll go to mandalore and pick up one of those black lightsabers and start wearing that white storm trooper helmet with the blood smear across the visor.
>>
>>900000
what a fucking waste
>>
>>900832
>Hell maybe he'll go to mandalore and pick up one of those black lightsabers and start wearing that white storm trooper helmet with the blood smear across the visor.
That'd be rad, which is why it will never happen.
>>
>>899890
Original and retarded. Good job!
>>
>>898141
>>898328
Kylo was shot.
>>
File: spin.gif (914 KB, 720x306) Image search: [Google]
spin.gif
914 KB, 720x306
>>
>>900884
Not only shot, but emotionally fucked. He just killed his dad, and was clearly regretful about it.
Not to mention his mental issues. Ren just wasn't at his best when he fought Finn and Rey
>>
File: TRAITOR.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
TRAITOR.webm
3 MB, 720x304
Say what you will, but the actors for Hux and Ren nailed it. The Third Reich scene was so perfect, because Domnhall was hammy enough to pull it off.
And Driver was the perfect actor for Ren. He played the mentally unstable, emotionally fucked young man perfectly
>>
>>899710
So? Skill isn't hereditary, she would still need some kind of training. Even if she had training it's still stupid from a narrative perspective to have one character master every skill while the rest of the cast stands around looking clueless.
>>
>>899933
this one is old scool
>>
File: bb-8.webm (2 MB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
bb-8.webm
2 MB, 480x480
>>
>>900656
>tfw you're an idiot
>tfw you didn't pay attention to the OT because you are an autistic millennial Asperger.

Luke specifically has experience doing this he "bullseyes womprats in his T-16 back home"

T-16 = X-wing training medium
Womprat = Fuckheug rats about 2 meters wide

So he turned off his targeting computer via guidance from Obi Wan so that he could use his instincts/experience to make the shot.
>>
>>900000
IT'S OVER NINTY THOUSAAAAAND!!
>>
>>900000

wfdsssdsfsdsdfsd
>>
>>900448
This was such an awkward scene.
>>
So does it bother anyone else that if you realize, the stormtroopers aren't clones. Hux points this out when Kylo questions him about Finns escape. Hux then says that their programmed from birth. Finn also tells that he was taken away from a family that he'll never meet. So its kind of a douche bag thing that the resistance is killing innocent people if you think about it with no remorse
>>
>>897441
He died for our spins
>>
>>899333
>Maybe she's an Anakin-level prodigy?

anikyn as a kid could race very well because of his quick reaction times, he was a skilled pod racer which translated into him not completely wrecking himself on his first time in a starfighter which he nearly botched up a billion times and even crashed.

Rey on the other hand is a force savant that can fly through the interior of a wrecked dilapidated star destroyer with ease without ever having piloted a ship that requires two pilots to maneuver correctly.

It took anikyn nearly 10 years to competently build up his force powers to a sustainable level and he still got rekt by a former jedi knight turned sith

Rey on the other hand picks up a light saber for the first time and then proceeds to completely put a man who has spent his entire life training on the retreat.
>>
>>899425
>"The woman is the more competent one, and the man is the bumbling sidekick, and that makes me upset!"

She's not confident - she's perfect and that annoys everyone. There is no character development, no suspense because you already know she's going to win at whatever she does.

At least with finn he has a proper hero's journey like Luke does in the OT

Luke get's BTFO at nearly everything in the movie and has one lucky shot and blows up the deathstar after all his wingmen including his best friend covered for him and got their asses blown out of the sky and then he gets his ass saved by han solo and chewie.

Who's mary sue again?
>>
>>900925
>Skill isn't hereditary

"The Force Is Strong In My Family"
>>
>>899048

Totally agree, me and another friend were discussing how weird it was that it totally works for kylo but fails utterly for anakin
>>
>>901047
It failed for Anakin because we all knew him as Darth vader, the stone cold murderer with little emotion and a terrifying ability to kill on command from anywhere, when we see that in his youth he was an emotional whiny teen who was driven by nothing more than the erection some random girl gave him.
Kylo ren works because he's new, he hasn't been established, and the fact that he throws tantrums and is creepy at times only adds to his character, not take from it.
>>
>>901109
Then* not when.
Sorry.
>>
I watched all the Star Wars movies last year with my gf because she didn't saw them before. Maybe my expectations were too high, but none of the 6 previous movies are better than average really. Some suck more than others but they're all still somewhat enjoyable.

SW7 is probably the best one yet. It is as hollow as any other Star Wars movie but at least they managed to pull it off as a nice crossover between the 1-2-3 and 4-5-6.

If this movie came out without any previous Star Wars movies existing it would only have been an O.K. scifi action film.
>>
>>901119
didn't see*
>>
>>901122
hadn't seen*

m8
>>
>>901134
English is obviously not my mother tongue
>>
>>901163
I know, I was trying to help. It is an odd phrasing.
>>
>>900669
Well it was his first battle.
>>
>>899993
He's also bleeding out and stumbling over himself from shot Chewie gave him
>>
>>900678
This
>>
File: sir.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
sir.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>899393
>>
File: vode an.gif (2 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
vode an.gif
2 MB, 300x168
>>
File: dg.webm (3 MB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
dg.webm
3 MB, 426x240
>>
File: dg2.webm (3 MB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
dg2.webm
3 MB, 426x240
>>901373
inb4 sauce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw-NsoQGQ7g
>>
File: 100.gif (3 MB, 547x240) Image search: [Google]
100.gif
3 MB, 547x240
>>
>>899933
Oh man, this takes me back.
>>
>>900871
>you should be more original in your ideas
>you are retarded if you are original
nice bait/10 got me to reply
>>
>>901019
"The Force is strong with" Luke, but he still gets his ass kicked after a year training with Yoda.

And the mind trick? How? Shitty writing.
>>
>>899933
why so special?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=493ljyoox6o
>>
>>900656
Obi Wan died to strengthen Luke's ability to use the force...
>>
>>897754
>implying Kylo Ren isn't Timurlane
>>
>>897443
I like that Rey thrusts with the lightsaber, time that just right and you can just run someone through, always bugged me that no-one really tries to do the same in the other movies.
>>
>>899301
>brought in old actors
fan service. but well done

>the same old composer
oh no! he wanted the soundtrack of the new movie to fit along with the old ones so he had he same guy do it? crucify him

>did as many of the same things Lucas did in the first
you're right. how could you expect a sequel to share similarities with its predecessor?

>he used models for some of the settings and the ships
are you saying he re-used models from the old movies? i haven't heard of this. i was being a sarcastic asshole on the other ones but i genuinely would like a better explanation here

overall Abrams took the safe route by sticking with what is established. now that he has characters that people like, he can do whatever he wants in the next 2. i feel like if he went radically differently he could've killed the series
>>
>>897756

Trained until, what? 5 or 6 years old? So she had maybe a years worth of "training"...
>>
>>897443
People debate this scene heavily, but it has a simple, yet incredibly frustrating answer.

The Force. It did what it's always done. Fuck around and make the impossible possible. It's what it's been doing for eons now, and will continue doing after all these pricks are long gone. It doesn't give a shit about anything but fucking around. Not you, not me, not anybody else.

I petition to get rid of the force, or at the very least force users.
>>
>>901392
its cuz she has a lot of midichlorians duh
>>
>>901456
its because she is trained to fight with a staff/spear weapon. the stabbing and fact that she never loses a 2 hand grip except when running pay tribute to this
>>
>>901346
What game??
>>
>>900905
agreed
>>
>>901328
>source source SOURCE
>>
File: DanceofFates01.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
DanceofFates01.webm
3 MB, 480x270
>>898778
>>
File: DanceofFates02.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
DanceofFates02.webm
3 MB, 480x270
>>901640
>>
>>901577
moddb.com/mods/movie-battles-ii
>>
>>901631
Its been said multiple times in this thread that auralnauts on youtube has done dubs of the star wars movies, as well as the dark knight movies.
>>
>>901663
no shit its been said, just curious on n the specific vid
>>
Rey is a mary sue, how anyone can debate this is beyond me.

The issue is not so much with Rey though, it's with the movie itself. the entire film is just non-stop action set pieces allowing no time for things to slow down and breath, there is only one decent "slow" paced moment in the film and it's when we are first introduced to Rey and it shows her life for a minute or two, but thats it.

Every character in the Force Awakens is shallow and makes little sense because they don't allow any time for backstory, ffs they don't even bother to explain what the fuck is actually going on, who in fuck are the Resistance? Why are they not a part of the New Republic? Where did the First Order come from? Why do they have a fucking planet death star? What is going on?

Force Awakens suffers from both the worst aspects of the Marvel movie formula along with JJ Abrams ADHD directing and writing style.
>>
>>900448
why did she have to pilgrimage all the fucking way up?

why couldnt the falcon just drop her off at the top?
>>
>>900905
I had no idea that Hux was Domnhall. He was fucking great delivering that speech.
>>
>>901658
Yes I actually own Jedi Academy! Thank you anon
>>
File: Creepio.webm (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Creepio.webm
2 MB, 480x270
>>
File: Previously.webm (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Previously.webm
2 MB, 480x270
>>
>>901671
>who in fuck are the Resistance?
>Why are they not a part of the New Republic?
After the last battle against the Imperial Remnants(battle that took place on Jakku I believe) a peace treaty was struck and part of it was demilitarization. Once signs of existence of the First Order appeared Leia attempted to get the New Republic to reform its military, because they were hesitant to Leia decided to create a private force to combat the First Order, with the New Republic's support.
>Where did the First Order come from?
Imperial Forces that broke away during the end of the Empire and went into the Unknown Regions to regroup, eventually returning as The First Order.
>Why do they have a fucking planet death star?
As quoted from the Visual Dictionary:
>The Starkiller is the culmination of Old Empire research into dark energy translations and hyperspace tunneling
>The First Order selected the icy world for its unique energy-transmitting crystalline deposits

While I agree much is left unexplained in the movie, much of it is answered in the various media that's been released alongside the movie, such as the books. Remember they cut almost an hour of probably near finished footage from the movie, including all the political stuff between Leia and the New Republic.
>>
>>901757
>>901763
Is this just a series of webms or is there a video series I can find somewhere?
>>
>>901779
The Auralnauts series of Star Wars gag dubs.

Episode I - Jedi Party
Episode II - The Friend Zone
Episode III - Revenge of Middle Management
Episode IV - Laser Moon Awakens

Episodes V through VII haven't been done yet.
>>
>>897752
Reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker.
The chosen one returning to bring back balance to the force.
>>
>>898141
Kylo was just toying with Finn. As soon as Finn gets a lucky shot in, Kylo fucking disarms him and severs his spine.
>>
>>901225
Up till that exact second, the bow caster blew shit the fuck up.
The dude should have a hole blown in his side.
Secondly, he slapped Finn's shit like he was on the corner and didn't make him his money.
There is no excuse.
Rey had a trilogy and character destroying power up that basically made all of them look like shit. The one who got it worse was fagboy mc emo.
>>
File: 1417463717706.gif (106 KB, 600x250) Image search: [Google]
1417463717706.gif
106 KB, 600x250
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVBnsYM6n9U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyLcyugPEow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbq0uL61EZ0

Can't convert on this PC
>>
>>898436
Did you not see him drop the fucking shield?
>>
Who here thinks snoke is darth plagueis?
>>
>>898129
100% this. I can't believe they were too cheap to shoot on actual film and use models instead of CGI. Not too much to ask, considering how much money they're making.
>>
>>902127
Wasn't Plagueis a Muun? Or am I thinking of Bane?
>>
>>902139
Ok, I stand corrected, it was shot on 35mm film. It sure looked digital to me, the footage was eerily sterile.
>>
File: ezgif-483830133.gif (2 MB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-483830133.gif
2 MB, 500x209
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 121

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.