[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Get to know /wg/!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wg/ - Wallpapers/General

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 197
File: 1444240749880.jpg (307 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444240749880.jpg
307 KB, 1920x1080
I remember a year or so ago there was a string of threads where you got to know who /wg/ was. It was really cool hearing about you guys. I want to try it again as the last ones were pretty rad.

Post your favorite wallpaper and something about yourself. You don't have to be real deep or personal, or you can. It's up to you.
>>
File: 1446657297668.jpg (837 KB, 2992x2328) Image search: [Google]
1446657297668.jpg
837 KB, 2992x2328
I guess I'll start it off to get things moving. I think the way you started off was something like:

>age
>m or f or wolfkin or merfolk or whatever

>22
>m

I just moved out of my parent's house and I'm living in my first place by myself. Things are kind of lonely here, but I usually find something to occupy my time. I play a lot of video games (currently replaying Chrono Trigger) and read most of the time. I hope to maybe go to college but I don't know if I have drive to do so. I play a lot of Magic (R/B masterrace reporting in) and the community at my local card shop have become some of my best friends and have helped me more than I can say. I feel as if a new chapter in my life is starting and I'm feeling very optimistic for once about things.
>>
File: D22.jpg (1 MB, 1550x850) Image search: [Google]
D22.jpg
1 MB, 1550x850
21, male

Been living with my girlfriend for a couple years now. I like the city, though I supposed it's more of a college town than a city. Dropped out last year, I think. Couldn't keep up the grades for funding and now I wash dishes. Bit of a cliche, that. It's not so bad.

Might post another wall. This one's three illustrations by Adams Carvalho I stitched together a while back.
>>
File: nick_hare_cb400.jpg (950 KB, 2582x1937) Image search: [Google]
nick_hare_cb400.jpg
950 KB, 2582x1937
m
Going to college next fall and working on my bike. Trying to become a big time drug dealer at college and I just got a girlfriend, things are looking up. Pic related, its my bike.
>>
File: wallhaven-51585.jpg (288 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-51585.jpg
288 KB, 1920x1080
26/m

I broke someone's heart a few years ago.

Bad.

I couldn't cope with the guilt and I left the country. Lived off savings for years. I'm in NY now and barely just restarted my life. Applying to a school for a master's degree to make up for all my wasted years.

I'm not even sure why I'm doing it. On face value it's because I hated my mechanical engineering jobs and I want to switch to finance. I know it won't make me any happier, but I don't know what else to do.

I still think of her every day. I'm not even religious, but I used to pray at every single night, asking for a miracle that would bring me back together with her. Even though I knew it wouldn't come true. Perhaps it's better that I destroyed what we had. Perhaps I ended up saving her from future misery with such a wretched man.

I don't believe this either. I believe I would have treated her great and be a great husband and father for her children. This makes it even worse that I took it away from her.

I switched from praying for us to come back together to praying that she'd be happy. I bargained with god, asked of him that he take any shred of happiness I'd have and will ever have and give it to her. I've never forgiven myself and I never will.

The praying stopped after a while. I guess subconsciously I didn't want to make myself sad before each sleep, so I just started to "forget" to pray. Or maybe it's just that I didn't really believe that something would happen in the first place.

I'm engaged now, to someone else. This one doesn't suspect a thing about my depression, but then again I've always been a fantastic liar/actor. She's smart, beautiful, funny, loyal; but she'll never make me feel like the one I betrayed made me feel. I barely remember the feeling. It's as if one would try to remember summer in their childhood. A fleeting feeling, yet I can still sense it. Home. Warmth. Love. Happiness. Replaced now with longing, misery, bitterness and anger.
>>
File: 1456068936440.jpg (1 MB, 2240x1400) Image search: [Google]
1456068936440.jpg
1 MB, 2240x1400
>>6529042
I know that feel anon. I've been there. I did the same exact thing. I hurt the only woman I've ever loved so bad that she won't even date anymore. I won't even date anymore. I keep searching for that girl that will fill that hole in my heart that she occupied, but she's gone.

Every night I prayed or hoped or whatever for us to maybe get back together. Every night I wished that we could reconcile and move past whatever caused us to break up. I did the same thing where I stopped hoping we would get back together. I just want her to be happy. I wish I could be that person who made her happy.

She won't talk to me now. Only in shielded replies. She thinks she is the reason why I'm depressed, why I tried to kill myself before. But it wasn't her. It was the fact that I hurt her that made me do it.

I'm glad you've tried move on, and I hope it gets better anon. I really do.
>>
>>6528773

People are already graduating college at your age. Holy shit, get on with your life and get off 4chan.
>>
File: 1452227991158.jpg (704 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1452227991158.jpg
704 KB, 1920x1200
M

I could have been one of those child prodigies that graduated university at 13, PhD at 17, etc., except I was so badly abused for so long, and from such an early age that not only was I driven insane before I hit grade school, I spiraled into alcohol and drug abuse before I was even in high school. Now, once I actually finish the book I'm writing, if it doesn't do well I'll probably just kill myself. I'm actually fairly attractive (or so I've been told) and years of sociopathy have taught me how to be incredibly charming but I'm so introverted that most of the time, no matter how soul-crushingly lonely I get, it's still not worth going outside. Well that and the schizophrenia, which on it's own makes it kind of difficult to meet people. Half the time I'm able to bury the majority of my consciousness and function as a human being, but in my most lucid moments I feel like I'm losing my mind simply due to the nature of my existence. I get caught in a negative feedback loop of existential crisises until I jack off or drink enough to make my mind numb again. I quit most drugs, but I still miss them, and sometimes I can't think of a valid reason not to relapse, other than the fact that I don't have the money for it. Also I occasionally have premonitions of completely irrelevant moments of my future, generally when I'm watching a movie or something. There'll be a feeling, not unlike deja vu but much stronger, where I will not only recognize everything that is happening in the exact order that it happened in, but I will remember REMEMBERING it at a previous time. I've even written down my premonitions, and sooner or later, sometimes years afterwards, they always come true. Cont.
>>
>>6529061
I dropped out of college but I'm staying in the dorm until the end of the summer, when I'm going to go backpacking across Europe. I've trained myself to adeptly fight off up to three people at once with my hands, a knife, and a bo staff, and I can speak relatively fluent Japanese, because I think ancient Japan and the Samurai culture is the most beautiful and pure worldview man has ever invented, and I've read the entirety of the Buddhist Dhammapada. Oh and I'm white, and I grew up in the Canadian suburbs, if anyone was wondering. Anyway enjoy the wall (I made it myself), and if you're ever feeling shitty about your life, just remember that it could always be worse.
>>
>>6529061
And before someone who's feeling inadequate in their own life and feels like propping themselves up by shitting on what the think will be an easy target, I don't care if you believe me, or think that I'm trying to be edgy. And I'm also aware that sociopaths don't get lonely, I worked for a long time to remember how to feel things. I can shut out that part of me at any time, but I'm honestly just sick of being an asshole.

And don't worry, this one's saged.
>>
File: Almahata-Sitta15_2048.jpg (466 KB, 2048x1341) Image search: [Google]
Almahata-Sitta15_2048.jpg
466 KB, 2048x1341
>>6529042
Hey, Anon--It's time. You're due to forgive yourself.

I also fucked up an amazing relationship when I was in my 20s (that's when we do it), then suffered in another for 14 years based off of guilt, anger, resentment which who the hell knows where it actually started but ultimately was felt towards myself, but directed at her.

Finally got the courage to end it (absolutely terrifying and heart breaking), and the shame and guilt are finally giving way to acceptance.

Funny about the wall paper--for the duration I had been obsessed with papes showing single objects in isolated, lonely but meaningful places.

Not anymore. it took fourteen years, but it's done. Give yourself a chance, forgive yourself. You're human, not perfect, and that's okay.
>>
>>6529042
"The mark of a mature man is a certain scar he bears: the memory of a perfect woman never won, or of a once-true love forever lost. However much he may love you, he is only here because she is not." -Unknown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jinv1toDVE
>>
Oh wow, chinkmoot is an asshole.

>>6528820
>>6529145
Oh, here's that other carvalho by the way.
>>
File: 1414519431709.jpg (1 MB, 1280x792) Image search: [Google]
1414519431709.jpg
1 MB, 1280x792
>>6529061
Quit riding your own dick so hard anon, you might suffer from prolapse

21, male

I'm finishing my last month of aerospace engineering studies at Uni. I currently live with four friends I've known since freshman year in a rented four bedroom house.

I start my job in structures engineering at the end of June, where I'll be working with two of my roommates. We've just finished planning a reasonably long cross-country roadtrip for the time between graduation and our start date, which is exciting.

I've been a 4chan user since I was 13, when my cousin showed it to me. I don't really use many of the boards other than /wg/ and /adv/.

I've been collecting wallpapers for awhile now, mostly as a way to pass time in class.

RIP wallbase.cc
>>
>>6528831
COOL BIKE THOUGH SHOULD HAVE GOT ATLEAST A 600 WHICH WOULD BE THE CB750. CURRENTLY HAVE A 78 CB750F AND 78 KZ650 GOOD BIKES.
>>
>>6528831
ALSO THE CONNECT IF YOU NEED IT. NO FRONTS.
>>
>>6529061
just kill yourself already

or grow up.

your book will most likely flop if its the same type of selfabsorbed crap your auto-bio is about. get your head out of your anus, youre not that important.
>>
>>6529060
Well I never could go to college after high school. I had really bad depression and found out I was bipolar which isn't very helpful. I've been in and out of mental hospitals for the past two years so that's taken a bit of my time up. And every time I have a manic episode, it's usually around the time school starts. I am moving on with my life, but one step at a time. There isn't a timeline for life. I can go at my own pace.
>>
File: 475456.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
475456.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
18, M. Want to be a music major, but instantly shot down when I tell older people, so I'm undecided. I go to a CC, and it's boring. In the interim of my indecisiveness, I play a lot of gta 5, hang out with friends when I'm up for it, and make music (lel so edgy). I browse /WG/ from time to time if I want some new papes, you all deliver.

Earthbound wallpaper cause it's one of my favorite games and it's been my wallpaper for a while now
>>
File: Boston Apt in the Wintertime.jpg (713 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Boston Apt in the Wintertime.jpg
713 KB, 3264x2448
Bisexual
M
Want to get a job in IT
Love wallpapers and architecture
Play CS:GO
Add me on steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/user/RichCSGO
>>
File: Stone Room 01.jpg (87 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
Stone Room 01.jpg
87 KB, 1000x667
>>6529437
EDIT: wrong link.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/RichCSGO

>Extra wallpaper just 'cause
>>
ccccc
>>
File: SeattleBackground.jpg (624 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SeattleBackground.jpg
624 KB, 1920x1080
>18
>Male

I graduated high school last year with what I think is a solid 3.3 GPA. I didn't really give a shit and it was easy. However, I was enrolled in 2 college courses my senior year. I got a C in college algebra, then barely made a D in World History after not doing any of the online assignments. That put me under a 2.0 so I was placed on academic probation. Then in the fall semester of last year I enrolled as a full-time college student, and fucked up everything. I failed all but one class. I never even told my parents about the probation and I had to tell them I was about to be suspended for a semester. I knew it was coming for months, and the anxiety of hiding it nearly fucking killed me. I considered killing myself every night essentially. Instead of coming clean, I ended up telling them I was considering dropping out completely. They flipped shit and pretty much knew something was up. A week or two later, they somehow found out everything, but reacted super calmly. They told me about how my mom pretty much did the exact same thing, and that they understood. I was fuckin' blown away. I still have to go back next semester, but in my off time I've been working, and I've been put on anti-depressants. I'm really scared that I'm gonna fuck everything up again by being lazy, but I'm glad my parents were understanding enough to give me this, and that I didn't end it all then.
>>
>>6529435
Sorry for not contributing, just saw this post as I made my way lookin around for any music wallpapers. I just started up an animation studio last year, it's something i've been working on for several years with a close friend. No one really encouraged me, my parents didn't even take it seriously. I guess I just wanted to tell you to follow your dreams in music and put 100% into it. Dreams come true, but they don't work on their own. Do it
>>
File: Dreams.jpg (38 KB, 540x675) Image search: [Google]
Dreams.jpg
38 KB, 540x675
Long time lurker, never a poster.

21, Male
Grew up watching Anime, old american hero movies and shows, and cartoons. This created a sense of, "I can be a hero and change the world" in me. At this point, I'm not as sure about that anymore. I'm not depressed, just feeling unsure, ya know?

Either way, I should be graduating College with a degree in Criminal Justice, and I'm conflicted in what I want in life (isn't everybody lol).

Lastly, I teach martial arts, and continue to preach the same things I believed (or still do believe, still not sure) in about the malleability of the world.

>>6529445
Also, I screwed up badly my freshman year as well. I have a 3.2 right now though, and honestly, you can do it. Anyone can, ya just gotta decide it's what you want.
>>
File: 1446660666608.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1446660666608.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
>22; M

I'll be graduating college soon. I can easily reach out and have a bright future, but I shy away from it. My current plans are blanks, and I find it very difficult to care about the future. I finally got things straightened out, and now those bridges will burn no matter where I stand.

I can feel myself shrinking away into my mind, again. I hate losing people.

I wish I wasn't going blind, too.
>>
>>6529717
going blind you say?
>>
File: 1450433356890.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450433356890.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>23; M

Like many of you, I grew up playing videogames, i was a little fat kid but never had any problem finding friends since i was quite outgoing and didn't care what people thought about me.

In middle school/high school i ended up being one of the kids who listened to alternative music, dressing like a twat but eventually found a group of friends which i really liked to hang out with, going to concerts and so on.

When finishing high school, i moved away from home and started working. I stayed at the same job for a little more than 3 years before experiencing some problems with my health and anxiety attacks causing me to leave the company and spending the whole summer at home, living of my own savings. A lot of thinking, video-gaming and sleeping were done.

When fall came i figured i needed to do something new with my life so my girlfriend moved in with me and i started studying geology.
>>
File: wallpaper17.jpg (407 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper17.jpg
407 KB, 1920x1080
42, m
my life for me is about as perfect as it can be but my entire family and all my friends keep asking me if i'm suicidal or something. i have a desk job in software development, 9-5, £325 a day and i'm loving it. i have a cosy ass 1 bedroom apartment with a double bed, £1500 computer, and the comfiest chair in the world. very little decorations but i don't really like clutter so i don't care. my parents love me to death, even though they're near death themselves. i'm constantly showering them with gifts to make their last few years as nice as possible. and apart from working, vidya and long ass walks with my border collie there's not too much to my life to be honest. and that's just how i want it.
>>
File: 45245363456734567.jpg (614 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
45245363456734567.jpg
614 KB, 2560x1440
>I'm a 25 year old male Ausfag (Almost 26)

I had a rough time at school, causing me to leave at 16. This was around the time I first discovered 4chan (March 2006), and from there, I have been part of the community ever since. Whenever I was down, overweight, in the shit, or whenever things were excellent and going awesome, I was always on 4chan, browsing, and shitposting away.

About 5 and a half years ago, I was 120kg, and had an insane neckbeard. Despite that, I pushed myself to join the military. As soon as my recruit training was done, I was a 100% different person. I was 10x fitter, confident, and better looking, I went overseas for leisure and work (Japan, Solomon Islands, New Zealand, soon to be Europe). Now, here I am, in the northern end of Australia, happily shitposting away with my favourite community, living and loving life to the fullest.
>>
File: 1348361503295.jpg (1 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1348361503295.jpg
1 MB, 1680x1050
>M

>23

I am an NDT student and my fiance just broke it off. I'm sad, and I at first I was devastated, but I'm kind of content.

I just really hope this isn't the calm before the storm.

This is my favorite wallpaper, it gives me a nostalgic feeling, it reminds me of when my brother was still alive, when we were kids.
I don't know why.
>>
File: 1458561752293.jpg (326 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458561752293.jpg
326 KB, 1920x1080
>20
>M

I'm in uni studying CS. I don't dislike it but lately i've been wondering if it's what i want in life. Is spending the rest of like in a room in front of a screen really what i want? It's ironic that i thin that because that's mainly what i do with my spare time anyways.

I'm average. I'm quite sure i could be above average in many things but i've never put any actual effort in anything. Maybe i'm just afraid to try in case i fail. I think thoughts like these often. I'm not sure what's actually the case.

I've been sitting here trying to think of something interesting that happened in my life for 10 mins now. There's really nothing interesting to say about me. Which really saddens me when i think about it.

That's about it.
>>
File: 1415626281568.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1415626281568.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>18
>M

Dropped out of college in September, though the school work was relatively easy, I felt overwhelmed and way unprepared.

In reality though, I'm just taking a gap year. Got a job, drivers license, car, I'm saving, etc etc, before I enroll again in Spring. I'll be way more prepared this time.

I think my path is a little more clear than it was before, but I still feel uneasiness and anxiety over the future. I'm just glad the past five years of my life are over.
>>
File: 1457081102509.jpg (652 KB, 2000x1335) Image search: [Google]
1457081102509.jpg
652 KB, 2000x1335
23, male

Started writing fantasy when I was 9, a year later I wrote half a novel before realizing I didn't have the strenght to finish it; then I became a vandal and fucked everything up --- my creative efforts dropped to almost zero during high school, and that was fatal for my development as a writer. So I became obsessed with philosophy, language, physics, science in general, everything that could potentially give me a framework in which I could understand my experience, my reality, who I was and what the hell I was supposed to do. This intellectual and spiritual research ended less than a year ago (luckily: I had two panic attacks and shit was going down), and now I feel much more grounded and peaceful in my own skin, thanks basically to daoism and zen buddhism.

I still write sometimes, but I'm never satisfied with anything and I don't take it that seriously anymore: if I'm not gonna write anything mind-blowing, who fucking cares. In university I discovered linguistics; this slowly became a passion and I'm considering a career in academia and research in this field. After all, as an INTP, I don't really care about "doing" anything, nor for the sake of it or for a secondary purpose; I just want to study and understand something at least. (As a side note, I'm quite a loner and I like to spend most of my time alone, but nonetheless I had my share of [dysfuncional] relationships and stories and shit... and I find it really weird honestly).
>>
File: 1452113100060.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1367) Image search: [Google]
1452113100060.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1367
>>6528773
One of my favorite pape
>something about yourself

18/m

Just got into some music producing and my audio port stopped working. Have to rely on shitty laptop speakers.

>gap year

wish I could do that.
sorry for bad grammar I'm drowsy

Feel pretty aimless at life.
>>
>>6529756
sounds comfy
>>
File: 1431672240214.jpg (193 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1431672240214.jpg
193 KB, 1920x1080
>22
>M

Renting a small apartment, attempting to find a place to buy. Work from 06.45-15.30 then I go home and I stay there. Job pay is shit but it's steady income, more than I need to live.

Family thinks I'm suicidal, but in reality I'm just severely struck with social anxiety of the highest level with a nice lump of paranoia.
I sometimes won't leave my apartment to go to the store until it's dark when the people I rent from are home, because for some reason I think everyone whom sees me is judging every move I make, even though I know literally nobody cares what I do.

On weekends/vacations I do nothing but sit at home and play video games and watch movies. Only have 1 true friend that I've known all my life.

For 4 years I've wanted to go to Nerdtacular in Salt Lake City, Utah. I have the money to do so, but again my anxiety is keeping me from ever taking that step.
>>
File: 14567824089970.jpg (91 KB, 1024x764) Image search: [Google]
14567824089970.jpg
91 KB, 1024x764
19, male.
Not perfect in english because living in Russia and thats very sad.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
104 KB, 1280x720
17, Male
Lurker, mostly for /wg/, /b/, and /w/. play csgo a trader in that game and trying to find a job in computer science.
>>
File: Jimi Hendrix.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Jimi Hendrix.jpg
186 KB, 1920x1080
17. Male
Really into all kinds of music. Rock, jazz, metal, classic. I have played guitar for 6 years but I wanted to try something new so I started playing the violin. It sounds terrible but I'm slowly getting better.
My grades are pretty standard, but I feel like I'm not fulfilling my potential. I use a lot of my free time watching movies or playing the violin.
When I finish high school next year I will probably take a gap year and earn some money, travel etc. And I'm thinking about studying abroad. I really want to go to Australia and study biology in some way.
>>
File: 1353194174326.jpg (860 KB, 1440x920) Image search: [Google]
1353194174326.jpg
860 KB, 1440x920
12, Male

I broke up with my first girlfriend. Shit sucks. She was 3 years younger. It makes really sad to the point of despair to see how much more fucked up the younger generations are. They don't care about anything. Nothing means something to them. I hate having to cope with this. It's hard and takes too long. Everything that can possibly remind me of her makes my chest tighten and heart hurt. I was so happy alone. Why did I do this to myself. I wish I could just go back and change so many things.
>>
>>6530154
>12
21*
>>
File: 1431999943978.jpg (328 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1431999943978.jpg
328 KB, 1920x1080
>20 yr old male from the UK

First year of university studying history. My course is fine, it is intellectually stimulating, but I feel like my heart isn't really in it, like I am wandering through life with no real motivation. I don't really care about/want a career job. I quite like to write creatively. I appreciate a good book, particularly Steinbeck, Cormac McCarthy, and of course Tolkien. Fantasy novels often disappoint me, I feel there is much more meaningful potential in the genre than banal escapism. Tolkien did it right. I hope to write a good fantasy book one day.

I chose this wallpaper because it resembles how I often feel. At the periphery, separate and watchful. I actually have a good social life, hang out with friends on most days, but that does not really make me feel much less alone.

I feel that I have missed out on the teenage period of young love because I've never had a girlfriend. I know it's just films and TV but all those teenage relationships seem special because at that time in our lives we are normally so carefree without having to worry incessantly about everything. That reckless love is something I feel almost nostalgic for despite it being something that I never had. I've had at least three opportunities to have a girlfriend but each time I've just pushed them away, I don't really understand why but at the time it feels like I can't even stand to talk to them. Maybe I have a problem with emotional intimacy or commitment. Who knows. I'm still a virgin, but have had potential to get laid recently so it shouldn't be too long (how superficial). It would be great to have a girlfriend, man I get so lonely sometimes.

I love dark souls.
>>
>>6530054
>>6530150
MODS MODS
>>
30+ Male from Europe.
Got lucky: nice job, nice wife and a motorcycle to boot. I visit/ WG irregular, mostly when I'm up late, listening to some metal and drinking a beer. Cosy in my own cocoon.....
>>
File: image.jpg (916 KB, 746x1049) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
916 KB, 746x1049
>>6528770
i posted in that thread. i don't feel like doing so again though
>>
File: 1433620264651.jpg (185 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1433620264651.jpg
185 KB, 1920x1080
>>6530209
Holy shit, you just described me almost word for word except I'm a year older than you and I'm do not go to Uni or study History. I completely uderstand the nostalgia you feel, and it fucking hurts.
>>
File: image.jpg (379 KB, 840x1271) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
379 KB, 840x1271
33 male. VA, USA.

Married, three kids, five cats. I run the creative department for a commercial video games studio. I play music, like a lot of outdoor activities, enjoy cars, especially old muscle cars and Jeeps.

I come here whenever I want a wallpaper, and I try to leave a few whenever I find some I like, but I'm not too regular here I guess. I like the ephemeral nature of 4chan and like seeing how images come and go. It's nice because I find new things whenever I come.

I'm using the one I posted on my phone. It's nice.
>>
File: transmetro.png (3 MB, 1648x1080) Image search: [Google]
transmetro.png
3 MB, 1648x1080
>>6530268

Cleaned that up a bit for you
>>
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 640x1136
34, male, DC

I currently work as a bike messenger but no longer enjoy it. I was a good student in high school took a bunch of AP courses then just fucking hated college. Got depressed and started working restaurant industry. Drank and snorted most of my 20s away, cleanish now. Just weed. I have a girlfriend and we live with two cats. DC is fucking expensive as shit though and courier work doesnt pay well. I dont know how to get back on track. I should be studying something to improve myself instead of browsing /wg/.
>>
File: wp62.jpg (737 KB, 2000x1449) Image search: [Google]
wp62.jpg
737 KB, 2000x1449
less than 30 (I choose not to put my age or sex out on the internet)

-stay inside all the time, only go out if I absolutely need to.
-really into music, especially calm tunes.
-favourite band is a toss-up between slime girls, led zeppelin, and modest mouse.
-currently single
-use an app called pictophile a lot
-play games a lot, with my most time consuming (and favourite) being the binding of isaac
-I frequent /f/ and /wg/, but I visit most boards in general.

That's most of me, so I'll just lurk for a while.
>>
>>6530216
Oh, no! It appears someone is only a year under the age limit! They deserve to be banned for sure.
>>
File: 490274.jpg (999 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
490274.jpg
999 KB, 1920x1080
>>6530308
I don't know man, I am not in much emotional pain, just feel numb and lonely. I am not anguished or anything, just existing.
>>
File: 1457631783420.jpg (2 MB, 2400x1350) Image search: [Google]
1457631783420.jpg
2 MB, 2400x1350
Male

I spent my childhood hiding in my room playing games, or sitting on the computer.
Never had any real friends in school.
Now I go to work, come home and hide in my apartment.

>The more things change...
>>
File: 6zmXAzx.jpg (834 KB, 4081x2702) Image search: [Google]
6zmXAzx.jpg
834 KB, 4081x2702
>>6529445
i'm in a similar situation... i got terrible grades freshman and sophomore year that could ruin my chances of enrolling as an engineering major at uw. as an out-of-state student i'm lucky that my parents are paying for my tuition, but i'll be devastated if i do badly this quarter and toss my chance of graduating as an engineer.
maybe it's not for me, but i feel as if it's what my family of stem majors would want me to do.
keep your head up and don't focus on the past. i'm ashamed of what i did to myself before but i know that the only thing i have control of is what i do in the present and future. good luck.

>>6529762
i wanted so badly to major in computer science before realizing that i was pretty bad at programming. i wouldn't say it takes an average person to commit their life to it.
and about what is "interesting to say about yourself," anything that makes you who you are is interesting. i'll be honest and say that it's not easy to really think about how i myself might be interesting, or whatever. but i don't think that's too important or anything to be sad about.

>>6529827
yo, get a usb amplifier! i know that you could find one on amazon for like $6. http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External-Adapter-Windows-AU-MMSA/dp/B00IRVQ0F8
>>
File: 1446826832324.jpg (304 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446826832324.jpg
304 KB, 1920x1080
>>6528770
M

Recently diagnosed with PTSD. Don't really know where to go from there. Thinking about going back to college and working on masters in psychology. Knowing what has been messing me up will make things easier. Hopefully.
>>
File: 20150904_112202.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20150904_112202.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
>>6530521
19, m
as alluded to earlier, i go to the university of washington for school, currently in my sophomore year and undeclared. i'm trying to become a materials engineer, but there's a pretty slim chance i can get into the major.

i'm still trying to figure out a lot of things about how to live my life. i have terrible habits, haven't achieved entirely all that much, and don't have a good idea of what i should be doing usually. my grades are pretty bad for what i want to do. i usually retain a pretty positive outlook on life though, so that keeps me going.

i like music, like ~90% of people do. i listen to all sorts of shit. whatever sounds good, really. some of my recent favorites would include the beethoven sonatas (trying to listen to all of them sometime), a lot of hip hop, alternative, electronic, and classic rock even. i bought a bunch of audio stuff, like my prized sennheiser hd 600s and dunu iems, which accounted for a large part of my spending last year.

when asked about what makes me interesting, i usually think about my family first. both my parents grew up in the cultural revolution in china, and through extreme hard work and a little luck, managed to make it to america and graduate with stem phds at a highly prestigious university. i have a brother that went to the school that my dad currently teaches at, graduating an engineer and working at a tech giant in silicon valley. to say that they have accomplished great things is pretty easy for me to say, but i just don't know what i will end up doing. i'm just grateful that as the youngest and perhaps most troubled at this point in time out of us, they fully support me and want me to be happy. i know that i'm very lucky to have them.

anyways, right now i need to find an internship over the summer, housing for next year, and figure out how to do well in school. i always struggle trying to figure out these sorts of things... but i guess it shouldn't be that hard once i start.

this is my favorite oc
>>
File: Painting.jpg (3 MB, 1800x1298) Image search: [Google]
Painting.jpg
3 MB, 1800x1298
>>6530333

>VA
It's nice there, you're lucky
>>
File: California.jpg (3 MB, 4272x2848) Image search: [Google]
California.jpg
3 MB, 4272x2848
19, m
Currently a sophomore at Washington State University.
>>6530538
I can really sympathize buddy that's where I was for a while. I'm finally out of that place and I really feel like I have lots of my life figured out and like I'll be alright. But responsibilities coming together hasn't really changed much for me. I live 6 hours away from my girlfriend of 4 years and the rest of my friends for that matter. Its really lonely out here in the middle of nowhere and I'm trying really hard to transfer into UW so I can maybe get a fresh start and make friends (and be close to my gf).

I like music and films a lot and make my own when I can find people to work with. My career path is looking like it will be something in international business. I want to experience to much in this life to commit myself to one set thing like law or medicine or academics so at least with this I might get to see a lot of the world. Idk

This is my favorite board so its nice to see some personal touches from the people on here. (and its nice to see another college student from Washington)

This is my favorite wallpaper atm, it reminds me that summer is around the corner and I'll be driving around with my friends in the cool night air soon enough.
>>
File: Rsiks.jpg (292 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Rsiks.jpg
292 KB, 1440x900
m
aspergers, bipolor, dysthymia
I don't let any of it hold me back
Going to uni this fall
I want to be a history professor. WHen I was a kid I wanted to be a world famous DJ

I like Djing, skateboarding, wrestling, linguistics, history, working out, playing bass, reading psychology

I just like thinking. I like existing. I'm not even close to 1/3rd of the way through my life. Theres so much to do. So much to see
>>
File: 20151228_112122.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151228_112122.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
>>6530580
oh man, that's one of my favorite wallpapers too! i found that one a week ago and it really resonates with me. i'm from california myself (bay area, so not socal) and i really dig the l.a. atmosphere... reminds me of the days you describe too

i wish you the best in pursuing your dreams! life is short... but there have to be so many possibilities in being a business graduate (regardless of where you graduate). foster school of business is from what i've heard quite competitive for transfers, but i'm pretty sure many students there are indeed transfers.

however, i know a decent number of people who transferred, and of these people most of them are very focused and talented. if you really do want to transfer, you can do it!

here's a photo i took in socal last winter when i roadtripped to escape the washington weather
>>
File: Lumber.jpg (388 KB, 1920x1020) Image search: [Google]
Lumber.jpg
388 KB, 1920x1020
>>6530787
Hey man, thanks for the encouragement, it really means a lot! Best to you in your endeavors too.

I have a good friend in Ventura so I visit him a lot in winter, I get wanting to escape the grey gloom. Nice pic btw.
>>
File: 1454330493466.jpg (3 MB, 3510x2085) Image search: [Google]
1454330493466.jpg
3 MB, 3510x2085
I'm a schizophrenic failure. I could have done so much but i fucked everything up with drug use that probably kick started my disease. I'm scared and delusional every second of the day. I don't know where i am anymore. On drugs or sober. I don't know what's happening anymore. God forgive anyone that comes into my life for they know they have sinned. I just want to die and move on to my new life without this disease. Father forgive me for what happens next. I am as you made me.
>>
File: IMG_0309.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0309.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
I don't have a favourite wallpaper so I'll just post some oc.

>23
>m

Graduated, got a bachelors degree in law but I hate it and I don't want to do anything related to it.
Currently working as a front desk administrator in a hotel, most of the time it sucks but on rare occasions it can be kind of fun too.
I play a lot of vidya and have no idea what to do with my life.
>>
File: 1454749069818.jpg (955 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1454749069818.jpg
955 KB, 1920x1080
>24
>m

Recently separated from Marines, currently living in Okinawa, Japan.
I enjoy my current IT job, college classes, and go to the gym regularly.

The only thing I hate is coming to home to my wife who spends my money, and my kid who screams at the top of his lungs if he's not entertained.

I already bought a separate place, just trying to find the best time to move away with the least amount of conflict.

Maybe when we get into a fight again and she hates me.
>>
File: 1352002807718.jpg (125 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1352002807718.jpg
125 KB, 1680x1050
23, male
Originally from Bumfuck-Nowhere in Dixieland growing up in a lower middle class family. Currently living in Yokosuka, Japan working for the Navy trying like Hell to escape my incredibly toxic family. So here I am.
>>
File: Tdecember1994_1920.jpg (412 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Tdecember1994_1920.jpg
412 KB, 1920x1080
m
Sweden
I like coffee, music and games. School is going well, doing dishes at a bar to make money for eurotrip with friend when i graduate. Things looking alright.
>>
File: Bold and Brash.jpg (752 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bold and Brash.jpg
752 KB, 1920x1080
21, male. This is my favorite board, I've been coming here for a few years now. I have a full time job, and i work out a lot. I call this one "Bold and Brash"
>>
File: Rhein II HD.jpg (368 KB, 1600x896) Image search: [Google]
Rhein II HD.jpg
368 KB, 1600x896
>18
>m
im a first year engineering student and have a stress problem.
i think it started a few years ago when i noticed that if i faked being pissed off all the time, people wouldnt fuck with me (i dont get bullied or anything). i think it became a part of me.
besides my parents would get pissed off at work and then complain about it all the time at home, all they talked at dinner is work, work work and work (and they still do).

the worst time was at the second half of 2015, i started having panic attacks when i smoked weed and sometime sober too. sometimes i yelled a people without even realizing, but since december its getting a little better, im learning to relax and being easy..

bless you guys, have patience with everyone, love each other and try to understand, because deep down inside, everyone wants to feel special, to be understood
>>
File: 1452262396090.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452262396090.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>21
>M

currently living with my parents, pretty confused young man who dont know what to do with his life! i suppose its what everybody goes true in life at surtnet points in there lifes.as we all i have ambitions, but im so confused i dont even know what i want and its hard to move forward when you even dont know direction :DD but except my confusion im a pretty normal guy life is good, its hard to complane when i know that many are doing worst, i appreciate what i have and all i do in this time of confusion is searching for myself and the way to get away from modern society madness( i dont whanna be a zombie )
>>
File: Rhein II HD.jpg (2 MB, 4000x2240) Image search: [Google]
Rhein II HD.jpg
2 MB, 4000x2240
>>6531051
oh sorry for the shit resolution
>>
File: 1456246883804.jpg (219 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1456246883804.jpg
219 KB, 1366x768
-F

Psychology student trying to enter medical school working as a mental health technician. Like every other board member, grew up with video games. My passions include art, music, yoga, games, and draft beer.

To everyone posting their feels on the board, I wish you all the best in everything you are all going through. No one fights alone.

"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, but battle on. "
--Albus Dumbledore
>>
File: 1459380454069.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459380454069.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
24, work from home as a writer, bout 1k-2k per month. Not a ton, but we live decently.
Live with my son(soon to be 2 sons) and two wives, one of whom is preggers
I'm a gamer, brony and music lover. My favorite band is Janne da Arc.
>>
File: bluridmt.jpg (66 KB, 800x644) Image search: [Google]
bluridmt.jpg
66 KB, 800x644
>pic related

-M

Work at a BMW/MINI dealership. Moved back home about 3 years ago due to some personal issues. Making a bit more money now so I'm hoping I can move out within the next year. Unsure with what I want to do next.

Part of me wants to quit work, and visit other places, part of me wants to join the military to try to do something different with my life, and part of me wants to go to college to get a Business Administration degree. I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm running out of time and options.
>>
File: 1457638090350.jpg (1 MB, 1801x1273) Image search: [Google]
1457638090350.jpg
1 MB, 1801x1273
27/m

Broke everything because of an overwhelming feeling.
Now everything is a mess.
been drowning my self with work, and games to keep my head from thinking. But keeps regressing to a deep state of melancholia every now and then.

But in the end, no matter how cruel. I still think loosing everything was worth it, She is worth it.

Even if somehow I also lost her.
>>
>>6531070
Interesting. I dont know but this reply owns me now. It is just so well said. Damn
>>
File: 1424158762973.jpg (421 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1424158762973.jpg
421 KB, 1920x1200
>20
>M
Originally from New York, I was a Stonemason since the age of 15. I spent most afternoons learning about computers and the newest games from my dad. Used to watch everything to do with space and science when I was young, especially reruns of Carl Sagan’s “Cosmos”. I aspired to be a robotic engineer since I was a child, I used to dream about working for NASA and help designing/building rovers for mars. I would always take apart everything when I was a kid. My poor dad’s first Windows XP laptop was a victim to my Frankenstein like behavior.

My mother left my life 18 and dropped out of school a year prior to take care of her after a stroke. Still acquired my G.E.D. but never even thought about college until six months ago. I had a very bad self-confidence issue, less of my image but more of own self-worth. It slowly passed, but I still occasionally feel an overwhelming sadness and doubt in my actions for a day or so.

Currently living in an apartment with my girlfriend of 2 years in North Carolina, Heard about how nice it was here and everyone was right. Current applicant of a community college and hopefully can get accepted for a transfer for engineering. I skate occasionally, read science fiction/Science books, Play drums/bass (Not well might I add), and build a computer once every couple of years. But my favorite thing to do is to game. Every week or so my dad and I play GATV together and still to this day he kicks my ass in Super Smash Bros. My girlfriend and I love Kingdom Hearts and generally we all play way too much.

Still contemplating the choice of staying a Stonemason or perusing an engineering Career. Hopefully I can decide in 2 years instead of a $40,000 coaster.
>>
File: 1436441560720.jpg (260 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1436441560720.jpg
260 KB, 1920x1080
>18
>F

never posted, just a lurker. in a 3 year relationship that doesn't work anymore. fight against depression and anxiety, have been bullied and never had friends, I'm afraid that if I lost him I will never improve. studying linguistic but I'm not interested to work in. I just want to be a pastry chef, stay in my kitchen, make everybody happy and be alone. Life isn't that simple. Sorry for my grammar, not a native speaker
>>
File: 1338271501585.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1338271501585.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
20yo m

French guy trying to get his shit together

Nice to meet you /wg/
>>
File: 1455173382164.jpg (546 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455173382164.jpg
546 KB, 1920x1080
27, male, living hypocritical germany

working, gaming - constantly delaying suicide by just one more day although I ought to know how 'precious' a chance at life is.

My crappy blog with zero views
http://fractal.vision/strain/
>>
File: 1455498345592.jpg (3 MB, 1857x925) Image search: [Google]
1455498345592.jpg
3 MB, 1857x925
>>6531053
>>6531351

Oops, didn't see that you already posted that one. Here's another.
>>
File: 2016-01-17_00001.jpg (305 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-17_00001.jpg
305 KB, 2560x1440
>>6528770
>20
>m

Flatting for the first time in one of the countries largest cities, just got a job in a cafe so i can afford food. Student life is pretty shit, but i have a lot of free time.
>>
>>6529042
We're all gonna make it bruh.
>>
File: 088 - YZqKVjL.jpg (523 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
088 - YZqKVjL.jpg
523 KB, 1920x1080
18. Male.
About to graduate.

Mom's been an angry alcoholic my whole life and my Dad has never done shit about it.

Pretty unpopular until about 7th grade. I meet a friend who i'll call "A" probably the first real friend I had and he helped me to get over my social awkwardness. His friends became my friends and for the first time I was happy. Fast forwards to late freshman year. one day "A" comes into World History with blue lips. I had known he was born with some heart problems and got concerned.
I asked him if he was alright and he made it seem like he was fine. He's absent for a long time afterwards and I asked some of my friends where he's been.They said he was getting a heart and double lung transplant.
He isn't there for the rest of the year. Surgery is done around may and I call him about 2 weeks after. Everything sounds fine over the phone I wanted to cry but couldn't. Everything is fine for the next 1.5 years with the occasional long lengths of being absent. The day after his birthday i;m told that he's in serious condition and that there is water in his brain as well as a bunch of other shit. I'm not sure if my friend figured it out at this point but I knew there was no recovering and that even if he lives he is going to be severely brain damaged. Same friend tells me he's going to be taken off life support the next day.

Really this was more a story about his life than mine because the only interesting thing about my life are the shitty parts.
>>
File: Badass3.jpg (177 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Badass3.jpg
177 KB, 1920x1080
>>6528770
>age 21
>m

Third year of mech. eng. degree, life is shit, can't seem to have focus or the drive to do anything, vidya, books and even sex has kinda lost it's magic, so now alcohool and working out are kinda keeping me alive.

Everything just seems useless, i guess i'm kinda missing somenthing to drive me foward, a meaning, ideal or whatever.

Planning to move to Canada next year for 8 months, i will be learning french and see if i can fix my life, really in need of a fresh start.
>>
File: 1456043809962.png (175 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456043809962.png
175 KB, 1920x1080
22, male.
Thinking of suicide and how shit my future will be.
In my opinion, if you are considering suicide and evaluate your life and think it won't get better, there should be no shame in doing it. You life is the most precious thing you have, your thoughts of it are much more important than theirs.
With that said i still can't commit myself to it. Shit sucks.
>>6531351
Your blog is OK i guess, altough you write in a weird way. I would follow it if i liked blogs.
>>
File: 1458151057373.jpg (5 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
1458151057373.jpg
5 MB, 5184x3456
24. Male.

Spent the last two years recovering from a pretty serious opiate/heroin addiction. Moved from NC to Upstate NY in 2014 because I had a friend living here and I did a lot of shitty things to my family who never did anything but try and help me and they wrote me off. Got into some mild legal trouble and ended up taking drug treatment court. Spent eight months in an inpatient residential program, four months at a halfway house, and now I have my own apartment and a cool job and I'm going to be getting a car soon and off papers in June. Finally getting my shit back together; it feels like it's taken forever, but it also feels good because I'm actually doing it. I used to be an English major once upon a time (dropped out; couldn't maintain my addiction and my grades) and taking all this time for myself has rekindled my love for literature, so I'm planning on going back to school soon and hopefully eventually getting my masters in creative writing, maybe from Syracuse.
>>
>>6529061
The day you become successful and everything you know you can be is the day you stop lying to yourself. You're lying to yourself every moment of every day and you're the only person who can change it.
>>
File: warmammoth.jpg (598 KB, 1200x684) Image search: [Google]
warmammoth.jpg
598 KB, 1200x684
28/m

10 years in the marines, recently been learning how to weld and training in mechanics. I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to leave the Marines and join the Navy to start an actual career, or leave and become a worthless civilian, or just finish out my 20 and retire early. I don't know a damn thing about civilian life, feels like it'll be hell trying to adjust but I'm gonna decide soon. I have a girlfriend that I want to marry, and being a Marine definitely gets in the way so I have a lot to think about. Money isn't an issue, I could probably go a little while without working but I don't want to fall out of the loop.

Any tips?
>>
>>6531421
Honestly, if things really are as grim as they seem, suicide is always an option. I don't want you to kill yourself, I'm sure no one does, but people don't want you to smoke or drink or party, but everyone will still do these things.

And for the people who tell you it's a selfish act, it would be selfish of them to not then help you get your life together. Some people just generally don't like living and the choice is yours to make, it's not a huge deal because in the end, you're either alive with all your problems, or dead with nothing at all to worry about.
>>
File: Leaves.jpg (448 KB, 2304x1536) Image search: [Google]
Leaves.jpg
448 KB, 2304x1536
18, Male. (right, mods?)

Want to kill myself but don't want to leave my parents and the ones I love. Know that i'll have to drop out of grade 11, because film is the only subject I can pass. I hope an opportunity comes where I can either get a solid job or die doing something cool, like saving someone from a fire. I considered joining the army, but I don't think my grades would be good enough. Music seems to help a lot when I have bad thoughts. I kind of want to go to a doctor or psychiatrist to see whether I do actually have a mental disorder, just so then I can use it as an excuse for all the stupid shit going on

Im currently using this wallpaper, not sure if its my favourite.
>>
>>6531591
Also I have some friends who come on /wg/, so hey guys.
>>
File: 1455813352916.png (23 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455813352916.png
23 KB, 1920x1080
definitely 18/m*

I should be cruising through school with spectacular grades, though I just can't find the motivation to do homework and out-of-school projects. Really wish I could get my shit together, but instead of working on it I play video games all day.

*To add to everything, I have pretty rad gender dysmorphia (not tumblr shit, it actually exists) so that kind of makes me want to die every day
>>
>>6531593
disgusting, kill yourself. You're a mentally ill faggot.
>>
>>6531597
I really wish that I could, I have a terrible fear of death unfortunately.
>>
>>6528770
Hey OP great thread, I remember the last one, there was some 14 or 15yr that posted. I wonder how he's doing.

18yr/M
about to finish HS.
Going to england and germany this summer, and probably gonna study in germany. I have friends but they live far away so all we do is play video games and I fucking hate it.

Hit me up if any of you are in Cali.
>>
>>6531591
don't join the army
>>
File: 1456171807483.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456171807483.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>6531696
>favorite wp
>>
File: 1447641110546.jpg (837 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1447641110546.jpg
837 KB, 2560x1440
BIKES!

Also I only ever post of wg but lurk others.
Cheer up everyone.
>>
>>6531078
>>two wives

Where in Utah are you located?
>>
>>6531027
Literally only positive post I've seen so far on this thread.
Good job Sweden.
>>
>>6529172
Isn't wallhaven the revival of wallbase?
>>
File: tumblr_o1hry3NV141ra380fo2_1280.jpg (270 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1hry3NV141ra380fo2_1280.jpg
270 KB, 1280x853
17 m

i used to do well in school but everything went downhill this year. my best friend is the top student at our school and i compare myself to him a lot even though i know i shouldn't. hopefully everything works out.
>>
File: IMG_2636.jpg (3 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2636.jpg
3 MB, 3888x2592
28, M

Living with my girlfriend of three years in my Mom's basement, which has its own kitchen, entry, and garage thankfully enough. She's a successful international business woman who spoils me rotten. My Father just died of Lung cancer a month back after fighting it for four years, we were close and I have been suffering, I feel like I may have lost some time taking care of him and spending as much time with him as I could, and yet I still feel guilty that it wasn't enough and I prioritized my girlfriend and other friends too much. Relationship has been overall joyful and satisfying though, squabbles here and there. I've been taking my time in University and I'm about 2/3rds done with my degree. I want to be an artist/photographer but It's constantly difficult to see the work others do and think I have a chance. I have worked a number of jobs but I usually get bored and quit after a year, not to mention my Mom pays me more for tech support and admin duties of her business anyway. I feel lost, sad, and like I'm running out of time to build my greatness. But granted, I'm very lucky and I appreciate all that I have.
>>
File: 1454137171981.jpg (668 KB, 2196x1100) Image search: [Google]
1454137171981.jpg
668 KB, 2196x1100
22, M

I'm In the United States Marine Corps, and have been for the past 4 years. I'm currently stationed in Okinawa, Japan. It fucking sucks do not recommend. When I'm not in the field or working I like to scuba dive, drink excessively, and listen to music. When i get I am going to go to school at San Diego state for marine biology.
>>
File: 1449395648593.jpg (322 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449395648593.jpg
322 KB, 1920x1080
>>6531588
>it's not a huge deal because in the end, you're either alive with all your problems, or dead with nothing at all to worry about.
I agree with all my heart.
>>
File: wallpaper-612213.jpg (307 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-612213.jpg
307 KB, 1280x800
>>6531741
yes, but still
>>
File: 1455363566963.png (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1455363566963.png
2 MB, 3840x2160
>>6530951
You got a kick ass station.

>>6531583
If you're comfy in your MOS why not stay in? I did one term and decided that I could do more as a civ. It's not too hard to transition, but they definitely don't care about your prior experiences.

>>6531832
If you have a car, Oki is fucking great. You just have to take your time to explore.
>>
>>6531421

English is not my native language, so I can't help it. Thanks for the feedback either way.

Odds are that the 'you' in 5 to 10 years quite literally has less to do with the 'you' now than with a complete stranger. We won't always be miserable. At least not the same way. Let's take it one day at a time, for now.
>>
File: small.jpg (778 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
small.jpg
778 KB, 2560x1440
19, male.
I have no passion for anything anymore. I started off in school really doing well, but I'm loosing passion and hope for a bright future for myself. I have always had problems with concentration. It's not ADHD or anything like that. I just keep worrying about ridiculous meaningless things...
>>
>>6531954
23 with similar chromosomes and problems here, it's not going to get better. Get used to it and utilize it somehow, or give up now.
>>
>>6531966
>>6531954

You're still quite young. 5 years from now is like one quarter of your total lifetime. Think about that. Just give it another 5 to 10 years. A LOT of stuff will have changed by then.
>>
>>6528773
>chrono trigger

Like you already op
>>
>>6531954
I'm 30. I felt that way at 19 too. Now I smoke a bunch of pot and masturbate to sissy hypno porn constantly.

My advice is...don't change a thing.
>>
File: wallhaven-26640.jpg (51 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-26640.jpg
51 KB, 1920x1080
M
I like reading and listening to classic rock
It's my last year in high school now I don't really want it to end so soon because I know I'll miss my friends since I've only met them recently.

plus there is also this girl in my class,we're sort of friends. I fell in love with her when I talked with her in the beginning of the year. I've tried real hard to get closer to her and become a better friend but I'm very boring and I can't even start a conversation with her and I think she knows I'm in LOVE with her.
Also I know that she's in love with my friend who is a douchbag .I know she deserves someone better than him.
Sorry for the long reply guys it's just that this is the first time I tell someone about this.
>>
File: fav.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fav.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
22, male

Currently studying historical linguistics in Norway, but am moving to Hawaii soon.
>>
File: 158.jpg (302 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
158.jpg
302 KB, 1920x1080
>>6528770
18, male

I'm a lazy guy who is quite smart but I don't really apply myself. Go to higher education college (Not a university) in order to get a certificate or diploma in social sciences which will enable me to go and do Sociology and Politics at university. Drinking lots and playing rocket league on the playstation passes the time quite well, don't live in a city so not much else to do in spare time. Nothing much else to tell, simply life really, government pays my tuition for me so no worries there.
>>
File: 1444349207623.jpg (1 MB, 2835x1890) Image search: [Google]
1444349207623.jpg
1 MB, 2835x1890
M

Graduated university in 2013 (History major). Worked shitty wage jobs (bars, supermarkets), volunteered in Africa for a few months. I am absolutely certain that I don't want to get a 'proper' job, I don't care about getting rich and I fucking despise the way the world is run. The psychopaths are in charge and I simply want out. Consider suicide periodically, currently on antidepressants - before I was I had done some rehearsals for offing myself (but in truth I couldn't muster the courage to actually go through with it). Now I feel like I'm treading water as life passes me by. I see nothing worth doing.
>>
File: 159.jpg (155 KB, 1919x1080) Image search: [Google]
159.jpg
155 KB, 1919x1080
>>6532110
Start a psychedelic rock band, that should help you out.
>>
>>6531883
I'm 10 years in with 8 tours under my belt. It's really hard to maintain a career with the Corps. I think I might just get out and live out from under everyone's thumb. I've got valuable skills and a good background so hopefully I can find a stable job and just take it easy.
>>
>>6532183
I second this
>>
File: 1448453034228.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448453034228.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>6531950
I haven't been happy ever since i was 12, i honestly don't know if i forgot what being happy is or it just never happened. Only moments joy, never happiness.
I'm getting progressively sadder over the years, my prospect isn't reallt great, honestly.
>>6532110
>tfw
>>
>>6531354

By god is that trippy. Reminds me of my last acid trip.
>>
File: 1450703172026.jpg (3 MB, 2271x1280) Image search: [Google]
1450703172026.jpg
3 MB, 2271x1280
23, f

suicidal in a 4 year relationship, too afraid to die because of outsider judgements. constantly in a state of panic. just got out of a "three day vacation" at the hospital. body is tired. head is busy. soul is empty.
>>
File: 1432105913529.jpg (190 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1432105913529.jpg
190 KB, 1280x800
>>6529145

feels bad remembering the shit we've done in the past that are still present today man ,_,
>>
>>6532356
Soul might feel empty but the soul is still there. More than relationship. More than outside judgement. Don't look for chance to find yourself. Make it. Everyone can make that chance even you.
>>
File: Photo Jul 16, 9 02 50 PM.jpg (3 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
Photo Jul 16, 9 02 50 PM.jpg
3 MB, 1920x1280
Male
High school dropout
I live alone on some land I bought in rural MO off road near Versailles. Small camper shell.
I've browsed 4chan for a few years now, and I've tried most of the boards.
I write books and flip thrift store items on eBay and Amazon for a living so far.
My latest book is about growing up in a house of domestic violence.
I've been teaching myself photoshop for the last few days.
My favorite book is Moby Dick.
I support Donald Trump and am eager to Make America Great Again.
This is my favorite wallpaper. I got it from here and I hope you enjoy it.
>>
>>6532045
open up at the end of school, make it romantic.
>>
File: IMG_2584.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2584.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>6531883
I have friends with cars. Been pretty much everywhere. Naha, Nago, Hedo Point, Probably over 500 restaurants. I don't hate it. I'm just ready to get out and do other things.

Pic related, It's Okinawa sorry its not a wallpaper.
>>
File: tikka.jpg (343 KB, 2560x1514) Image search: [Google]
tikka.jpg
343 KB, 2560x1514
>>6529713
I always wanted to be a hero too anon. Don't give up.

27, m, work in IT with a good salary.

Single. Worried I'll be a perma virg. Just can't seem to find/talk to women.

Life is otherwise awesome. Got job. Got money. Got a dog (always wanted one). Gonna get a house soon.

Pic related is my current hobby/obsession. It's oddly zen.
>>
File: 1250367215675.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1064) Image search: [Google]
1250367215675.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1064
>>6531302
Dump him. Staying only makes things worse. Good luck.
>>
File: 1404732319113.jpg (904 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1404732319113.jpg
904 KB, 1920x1080
18, m (real original, right?)

Long time lurker but I rarely post. This thread seemed pretty cool and I thought I'd contribute.

Headed to an excellent university next year for college, if I manage to keep my shit together before then. I recently dated a younger girl, until her psycho mom found out and ended it. She threatened to sue me if I ever speak to her daughter again, so I'm in for a couple years of silence till she graduates. I hope I can still be friends with her once she escapes her hell of a homelife and gets out to college; she was more than just my girlfriend, she was my best friend too. Thought about killing myself for a long time now, just don't have the guts to go through with it.

You guys give me hope, and that's why this board has always been my favorite. Keep fighting the good fight.
>>
File: boom.jpg (269 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
boom.jpg
269 KB, 1920x1080
20, m

Currently junior in Materials Engineering. Doing pretty well in school. Got an internship for the summer. Have a great group of friends. So why do I feel so empty?
>>
File: pidgeons.jpg (676 KB, 2720x1720) Image search: [Google]
pidgeons.jpg
676 KB, 2720x1720
m
Things are alright with me I suppose, I am a third year at a pretty good tier American Uni studying both Statistics and Economics and enjoying it.

I am a resident advisor at my school which gets me free room and board and my financial aid gets my tuition paid in full and get a few thousand back in extra every quarter. I enjoy my job a lot and find it quite fulfilling.

I have a gf who I have been with for 5 years and probably will marry at some point. Things are great with her and we relate very well.

I feel like recently I have been hit by a lot of apathy and depression along with a lack of motivation to do things, we have free counseling on campus, but I am too afraid to make the call to get an appointment.

Pic is a picture I took myself and really like
>>
>>6528773

Ignore faggots like:
>>6529060

College isn't for everyone. Its good to have the self-awareness to know its not for you. I see so many poor faggots at my university that went just because they wanted to have a good answer for what they did after HS. Most dropped out and the remaining few got useless gender/film/music studies or equally shitty degrees.

Thinking you need a degree to be successful is the worst meme going. Unless you're in STEM, you don't need one.
>>
>>6528770
>M
>19, going on 20

The good: I am at a top tier academic university, studying Geology. I'm really enjoying it. I play on my schools Football team and its a great group of guys and its looking like we'll have a good team this year.

The bad: I am barely passing most of my classes and am on the brink of failing second year physics. I need my grades, because there's no way I'll ever go pro, even in a shit-tier league. I'm near the bottom of my class, and I feel like I need to study twice as hard as everyone else to get by. I really should have gone to a less competitive school. When I'm not in school, I'm always doing something football related (meetings, practice, lifting, runs, etc) and it kills my energy. I'm a backup and honestly, I'm way out of my league. All the guys on the team are really supportive of me and each other, but they are all so much better than me its unlikely I'll ever start. I also worry a lot about concussions and the effect all the lifting and football has on my knees and hips. Most older guys on the team have all had surgery at some point and its likely I'll need it too in the future. I'm really homesick as I'm a ways away from home and never see my family.
>>
>>6532736
Bonus: The fact that I'm so busy and don't drink (personal choice due to some dumb family members) makes it really hard to have a social life of any kind.
>>
File: 1457457695337.jpg (306 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1457457695337.jpg
306 KB, 2560x1440
>>6529713
Damn, I really feel this. Thanks.

>>6532736

And fuck, I forgot the wallpaper. That was dumb. Here's a favourite.
>>
>>6532635
>that's why this board has always been my favorite. Keep fighting the good fight

I'll echo that. I've been here a long time and this is one of the few boards that still remind me of what, not just 4chan, but the internet used to be like 10+ years ago.
>>
>>6531542
Shit man, just want you to know I read this. Good for you.
>>
>>6531085
I won't sugar coat it, you are, but there is always time for change. When you get up tomorrow, plan a day next week when you'll sit down and flesh out your idea/plan for two hours, no excuses:

- Look for an apartment
- Find out what you need for the military
- Look at what prereqs you need for university
- Make a plan to save money for travel
>>
>>6531027
Congrats man, good for you
>>
>>6530899
Sorry bout the wife, but don't get too pissed at the kid. I'm guessing he's just young, and we all had our problems when we were young.
>>
>>6530209
Damn son, I feel you.
>>
Looks like I'm the last man standing.

Have a good night everyone.
>>
>>6532540
Is that Courtney? Looks like either Courtney or Hansen.
>>
>>6532554
Don't worry about women mate. At least in my personal experience sex and relationships are much overrated. If you just want to have sex, you can still get an escort.
You are living my dream live. So the next time when you hug your dog or shot your rifle think of me.
>>
>>6531542
respect! Stay strong!
>>
18 y/o, female, UK.

I have nothing going for me except my natural talent in maths. I'm currently in my last year of high school. I hate it, the maths curriculum is piss easy and we're not allowed to deviate far from the methods we're taught when answering questions. Next year I'm going to study pure mathematics in either the UK or Norway.

I chose this wallpaper, not because it's my favourite (my favourite wallpaper and piece of art is David's The Death of Socrates), but because it features a few mathematicians I've idolised since I learnt about them several years ago, like Pythagoras and Euclid, such geniuses of their time.

Honestly if I don't get into university I don't know what I'll do with myself.
>>
File: beskjært.jpg (5 MB, 3725x2114) Image search: [Google]
beskjært.jpg
5 MB, 3725x2114
>>6532793
This is my /actual/ favourite pape.
>>
File: colorspace.jpg (928 KB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
colorspace.jpg
928 KB, 2880x1800
20 m

Third year mech engineer. Dad is a big shot engineer, gets me internships I'm not qualified for. Bad social skills, bad confidence. Feel like I'll never live up to my father. Spend a lot of time in my school's metal shop making stuff. Sometimes stuff for a reason, sometimes for stupid personal projects. Cutting metal feels good. Don't really talk to anyone there though.

I'm bad at love. Only had a gf once for 3 weeks in high school. Had a FWB I slept with for a year, but she dropped out of school and became a hooker. Last I saw her she was manic and delusional, laughing at things that weren't funny and talking to people that weren't there. Makes me sad, she used to be so smart. She used to help me with my math homework way back in first year. Otherwise I can't figure girls out, they ignore you if you don't try and ignore you if you do try.

I mostly browse and post in /g/, but I like this board too. Papes can make me feel things words can't.
>>
File: 1459343463082.jpg (849 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459343463082.jpg
849 KB, 1920x1080
21 M
I'm a civil engineering student, obsessed with getting fuarkin shredded in the image of my idol zyzz. I lift for swift, and I'm currently trying to get some mental gains in the form of a Positive Mental Attitude. A recent breakup has opened my eyes to my flaws, and I'm working on correcting these while I set myself up to earn a shit ton of cash in engineering.

Or i'm just going to drop out, become a chef and get a fuckton of tattoos. Both are fine with me.
>>
>>6532804
Nice, sounds like you've got defined goals and even a back up plan. I envy that. Same thing happened to me whilst I was in uni and I dropped out and became a factory worker. I wouldn't recommend dripping out, you can become a chef whenever but you'll only get this chance to get a degree and make butt loads. Hope all goes well.
>>
>>6532530
It'll require a lot of courage but I'll try
>>
File: IMG_3097.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3097.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>6532783
It's Hansen my friend.
>>
File: 1439976894058.jpg (1 MB, 1980x1080) Image search: [Google]
1439976894058.jpg
1 MB, 1980x1080
>23
>f
I'm a planetary studies student at M.I.T, been here about 2 years ago but thinking about dropping out due to some conflicting issues with family as well as health. Mom has Alzhiemer's and getting worst, dad died of car crash few years ago.
>have a dog
>2nd most cared thing in my life
>german shepard
>rescued few years ago
>named him Jerry after my father
>diagnosed with kidney cancer in 2013
>ohshit.jpg
>could see him getting worst
>passed a few days ago
>spent his last days with him at a dog park and gave him lots of food
>>
File: 15210814095_4f81122ea4_o.png (3 MB, 1940x1091) Image search: [Google]
15210814095_4f81122ea4_o.png
3 MB, 1940x1091
22 F

I'm finishing a Masters degree in Accounting and I've got my next few years lined up. Starting a job at a Big 4 firm, which everyone says is hard work but I'm excited for those paychecks. I was the first person in my family with a degree, let alone a Masters, which is cool.

I feel like all my thoughts revolve around what I want to do when I'm through with uni and actually have money. I'm trying to get myself out of that headspace and enjoy the time in uni I have left.
>>
File: katamaridamacy-817861.jpg (742 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
katamaridamacy-817861.jpg
742 KB, 1920x1200
19/M

Studying CS and German at the University of Kentucky. Sometimes I regret not going to an Ivy League or some shit like I could have out of idiotic pride, but I then I remember I got a full ride and UK is close to home, so fuck it - I'm still happier than I've ever been in my life.

Dating my first long term girlfriend - not a 10/10 but she's smart, easygoing and incredibly loyal and affectionate. She's the first person I feel I truly go out of my way to treat well and whose happiness I absolutely put above my own (not that I'm a dick otherwise: just very reserved, to the point that I don't often interact with people beyond obligatory politeness). I never thought I could feel this way about someone.

I'm going to Germany this summer to study at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, and I'm goddamn stoked.

I'm a bit of a movie buff and like to write, mostly on here and when I go ham on my college papers (I love research too). I grew up gaming but my shitty laptop can only run indie stuff like Papers Please right now. My favorite pokemon are Heracross and Groudon.

I have the attention span of a housefly and change my wp constantly, so here's current, one from the 'Hall of Fame' that's lasted over 2 weeks. Hope it cheers some of you sad anons up.
>>
File: bigdino.jpg (285 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bigdino.jpg
285 KB, 1920x1080
28/m
getting a masters and a phd after that.
relatively lonely,
traveled a lot overseas for the past few years and since ive been back at school its hard to make friends
haven't had a gf in 6 years
starting to get really fat and unhealthy.
BUT
I have a lot of money and im a white male in america...soooo...all and all, win?
>>
>>6533587
Thats how I feel. Working a bit harder and getting paid is way better than working hard in school and having to pay for it.
>>
>>6532793
If you go into maths...actuarial is where it's at. Enlightening stuff.
>>
File: 1431845134479.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1431845134479.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Hey there wall paper fans.

Male

I won't bluff, things are going pretty alright for me right now. University student, studying math and philosophy. Got a cute girlfriend and a couple of good pals. I like coffee and long walks.

I read most everybody's post. I'm not any smarter than anyone else here and I don't know your story, so I'll try to avoid being too pedantic. Hang in there if you can, shit might turn around. Don't let people tell you what isn't true about your life, you know what's real.

I hope you all have a quality evening, friends.
>>
File: 1407896587424.png (670 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1407896587424.png
670 KB, 1920x1080
>>6531593
Hey, that shit sucks, it's super real. That first guy who replied to you is a jackass, hang in there. Bodies are whatever anyway.

Also, good taste in walls.
>>
File: 1450393115280.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450393115280.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
19 m
in second semester of college, want to study film but I may be kicked out after this semester, smart but not a supergenius (IQ is only slightly higher than 140) shit would really suck but it's not the end of the world.

I'd probably be an alcoholic if I could afford it, shit runs in my family and I've been hooked on the buzz ever since I first got drunk at 17, not a DUDEWEEDLMAO for the same reason

probably have autism or aspergers, not severe but it does hold me back from socializing. I have few close friends, even people I've known for years I can hardly hold a conversation with, I have basically no relationship with most of my extended family despite seeing many of them a lot, never even been on a date or done anything with a girl, you get the idea. it's gotten better over the years, but I'm still kinda socially retarded. I can kind of pass off as normative (unlike many autists I'm actually fairly empathetic and can see shit from others' perspectives better than people in general, so I can catch when something I'm doing is cringey and stop before people notice (you'd be surprised what people unintentionally ignore if you don't do it for very long, it's that kind of social conditioning that fascinates me)), but anyone who really knows me can see something's off

I've been browsing 4chan since I was 12 and I know it's helped shape who I am fundamentally, but not in the way you'd think. It's taught me to be critically discern legit info from crap, better prepared me to defend myself, and it let me socialize much more than I would have normally

I don't mean to be a downer, tho, shit could get a lot worse. If I didn't have a genetic predisposition I probably wouldn't even get depressed. I enjoy life, even the shitty parts. I've got my brain, my creativity, and a sense of humor you can only get from spending your formative years on an anonymous Haitian kickboxing imageboard; what could go wrong?

pic related always gives me the feels, easily one of my favorites
>>
File: 1459640227419.jpg (2 MB, 4320x2520) Image search: [Google]
1459640227419.jpg
2 MB, 4320x2520
m

Currently in college, trying to find something to do over the summer as my parents don't want me to sit at home all day and sleep, which makes sense. I've never had a girlfriend, which is my own fault because I've never asked somebody out. I feel like having one would be cool just to have someone to talk to and hang out with. It's hard I guess, but at the same time I don't really care enough to find one, which is my own fault. My friends here at college call me quiet, which is true, I'm a quiet guy. But I feel like that's a positive of myself. I enjoy being quiet. I enjoy watching others and I like being alone. I guess that's part of the problem as to why I can't find many people to hang out with. But I don't want to change myself because I currently like what I am. So what do I do? Talk to others more even though I don't really enjoy doing that, or stay quiet while not meeting any new people and enjoy it in the process? What would you do /wg/?
>>
File: always about to lose.jpg (141 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
always about to lose.jpg
141 KB, 1920x1080
18 male Aight, buckle up if you're interested, cause this is gonna be rather long.
I'm finishing up highschool, and almost all the way done enlisting with the navy as a nuclear engineer. I'm really intelligent, i wont lie, but I'm a perfectionist. That sounds like a good thing, but it's really led me to the mindset that i just won't do something unless i know that i'll do it perfectly, so i just don't do practically anything of value. I come from a midleclass family, with parents that fight a lot, my dad's got pretty bad seasonal affective disorder, so he'll be really cool and a great dad, then suddenly blow up one day and just fuck shit up, then the next day be back to cool dad. They'd probably have been divorced years ago if my mom didn't grow up with divorced parents and fervently wish to avoid afflicting that on me, but i sometimes think that it would have been the best if they really had just cleanly cut their relationship and set each other free. I also inherited my favors issue to an extent, but I'm better at controlling it than he, and if i sense a bad day coming on, i just pull back from people till i feel it pass.
>>
File: chaos.jpg (538 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
chaos.jpg
538 KB, 1680x1050
I've not really been in good shape since elementary school, but I've gotten much more into shape since i decided i was gonna go military, i lost about thirty pounds in two months and have been going to the gym rather regularly, and i just feel better cause of it. I used to be that awkward kid that sat by himself and read, but since high school, I've slowly gotten more and more social, but my schools pretty small, and nearly everyone within it has been there since kindergarten, so they still kinda remember me as that kid. It's really been within the last year that i chilled out and became i person worth hanging with. I took up pot as a freshman and got pretty into the stoner culture, but dialed it a lot back sophmore year, and have now been clean for a couple months. I recently started using nic, which isn't exactly the healthiest thing ever, but i know i can stop whenever, because I've proven it to myself just to make sure by just taking weeks off sometimes.
>>
I've not really been in good shape since elementary school, but I've gotten much more into shape since i decided i was gonna go military, i lost about thirty pounds in two months and have been going to the gym rather regularly, and i just feel better cause of it. I used to be that awkward kid that sat by himself and read, but since highschool, i've slowly gotten more and more social, but my schools pretty small, and nearly everyone within it has been there since kindergarten, so they still kinda remember me as that kid. It's really been within the last year that i chilled out and became i person worth hanging with. I took up pot as a freshman and got pretty into the stoner culture, but dialed it a lot back sophmore year, and have now been clean for a couple months. I recently started using nic, which isn't exactly the healthiest thing ever, but i know i can stop whenever, because I've proven it to myself just to make sure by just taking weeks off sometimes.
>>
File: dissatisfiedwill.jpg (681 KB, 2999x1928) Image search: [Google]
dissatisfiedwill.jpg
681 KB, 2999x1928
woops, duplicate, my b.
I still struggle a bit with relationships, I've dated a couple girls in my tenure as a high school student, but I've still a virgin as a result of the ideology that sec is a meaningful thing instilled in me by the animes i used to watch as a kid. I got a lot of my ideals from the shows i watched as a kid(Robotech coming to mind for instance) and I feel the need to be a hero at times, but I don't really know that i'm cut out to be that guy. I recently mustered up the courage to ask the girl of my dreams to prom, this fantastic intelligent beautiful woman, only to find out someone had asked her the day before, so i settled for this other girl, but i feel like I'm doing this girl a disservice, because she always be second best in my eyes, and i hate to be that guy. Uhhh, to kinda sum up my psychological state, i just feel like that I'm not making a difference in the world, and I'm playing someone elses side character,and I hate it. I desperately want to be the best, but i don't know how to get there, so i just don't do anything. I dunno Is that defeatist? anyways, sorry for such a long as ranty stream of conscience thing. Props to anybody who made it all the way through.
>>
File: 1445736042685.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445736042685.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
I'm 22, graduated from college in December, living in Silicon Valley. I took the first tech job that gave me an offer because I was lazy and I regret it every day. The work is boring and unrewarding and I don't feel challenged. I have a girlfriend of more then 4 years but things aren't going so well. She cheated on me in November and we've been trying to make things work ever since, but I'm not sure where we're headed. She's really and only person I have and I'm afraid I'll never find what makes me happy in life and I'll be alone. Have a nice wallpaper, though. This one is so beautiful.
>>
File: 1456640281384.jpg (325 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456640281384.jpg
325 KB, 1920x1080
m

I'm currently working at some prominent technology firm in california. I got my degree in physics last year and then I went to work for them in october. The pay is decent, but I always seem to have a bunch of work that I don't care about and I don't have much motivation to do competently. A lot of it is grunt work i think. my coworkers probably think i'm retarded since I don't know anything and I don't feel motivated to do well so I appear lazy and stupid. this is all my opinion of course, i have no idea what they actually think.

i have a really bad "lens" on life. i have extremely negative thoughts about myself and have few meaningful relationships due to my attitude. i feel that people dont want to talk with me because of my negativity and i guess thats a self fulfilling prophecy. i think my negativity is perceived as aloofness. its funny tho since i am really good at faking being happy. i can do a legit smile at will(moving the muscles near your eyes) and i do it a lot. i dont know why i smile so much subconsciously cause it definitely doesnt reflect my real attitude.

ive been trying to change how i view myself so i feel empowered to do stuff instead of feeling like a leaf floating in the wind. i dont want to wake up one day and be 30 and alone. ive recently been listening to the art of charm podcast and thats changed my attitude a little bit. i just gotta keep it up.

thanks for the thread
>>
File: 1456606173905.jpg (376 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456606173905.jpg
376 KB, 1920x1080
>>6533764
>>6533768
>>6533771
I think you'd benefit from taking the edge off of your own perfectionism, which is closely related to your drive to "be the best", which alone and in moderation is fine but when coupled with perfectionism is very bad. Like you say, you end up not doing anything because you can't confront being second-rate, or worse. I get this, but it's unhealthy, unhelpful, and generally just bad.

The best thing you can do is learning to better accept natural mediocrity in certain areas. I know it goes counter to our entire culture right now, but there are some things you're naturally bad at. You can get good at some of them with practice and hard work, but most of them you'll stay bad at, that's just how it goes. And that's okay.

Something that might help is practicing something you're very bad at until you git gud. Learn a new language, learn to play an instrument, become a chess badass, get to where you can draw really well, something that's useful to know but not insanely demanding that you can do every day. The worse you are at it at the start, the better. I know it'll be tough at first when you don't immediately make huge improvements, but you're clearly a motivated dude.

>>6533774
First job may suck, but better stuff is to come. You have a lot of opportunity where you are. Keep your shit clean and your ear to the ground.

If you really love your gf, stick with it. People make mistakes, and if she legitimately regrets it there's no reason you both can't go on. But if you're just staying with her because you feel like you need *someone*, I would advise reconsidering the whole thing. Those types of relationships are really unhealthy and typically don't go anywhere but down. The longer you wait, the more it'll hurt when it implodes. I don't mean to be cruel, but that's just how it is. I've seen too many of my friends suffer in bad relationships to wish that on anyone. But whatever you do, I hope it works out for the best. Have a pape.
>>
>>6533672
How were your math grades in highschool? I'm thinking of majoring in something of that sort
>>
>>6528770
>18
>m
Just about to graduate, I just failed on an exam I worked hard for in the last 2 years, so I feel like life's not worth living. But I am not dumb enough to commit suicide.
Frequent Gamer
>>6532554. This guy is living the life I want and the dream is to go to space at least once.
>>
File: 1457511337970.jpg (624 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457511337970.jpg
624 KB, 1920x1080
>>6533827
Sorry forgot to post pape
>>
>>6533729
Best wall i've seen this year.
>>
File: Lain.jpg (672 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Lain.jpg
672 KB, 1920x1080
>>6533758
>So what do I do? Talk to others more even though I don't really enjoy doing that, or stay quiet while not meeting any new people and enjoy it in the process? What would you do /wg/?
I'm trying to learn how to talk to others without saying anything about me because i don't trust people. Maybe you could do the same for a different reason.
>>
>>6529061
i was gonna use that same wallpaper apparently
>>
File: 1434160821518.jpg (116 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1434160821518.jpg
116 KB, 1920x1200
>m, 24

Typical dude in a lot of ways, shithead in so many others. Used to be this level-headed, decent-future-ahead-of-me kindof guy. Now I've got no job, no aspirations, all of my friends are far away and doing better than me for the most part. I spend too much time overanalzying shit. I'm in a relationship with a average looking girl who I think is slowly realizing that I'm just a drain and not worth keeping around. I smoke pot every night and my opinion on whether or not that's okay changes pretty much hour to hour. Though I can manage to go without smoking when I'm in my happier place. Everything's a joke to me. I don't take anything seriously because I feel like the world's trained me to feel that way. The idea that this is all life has to offer seems weak and I often feel unfulfilled. Seems like too much is just based around luck in my life. I don't get the job, but some prick through my social web gets an amazing life changing experience. I haven't had a job in over a year and have mixed thoughts on that. On one hand, I miss being able to go out and enjoy my earned currency, on the other, working seems like a fucking joke when you think about how short life can be. I get constantly told by others that I'm attractive or smart or that I'm worth something, but then beaten over the head again and again by situations that imply otherwise. I'm bitter, depressed, seldom does anything feel worth doing. At the same time, I'm high energy and passionate about my interests, despite having zero skills that allow me to express any real creavity trapped in my skull. I'm just using this thread to vent at this point, so that should tell you a lot about me as a person. Overall, I'm somewhere between that asshole who cries "nothing's fair, everything's rigged" and the guy who's like "I will always do anything I can to help those I care about even if it means bottling up how I really feel"

FUCK THAT WAS WAY TOO PERSONAL FOR THE INTERNET, BETTER MAKE IT SEEM FUNNY
>>
File: 1457538925415.png (635 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457538925415.png
635 KB, 1920x1080
>>6529145
Anon, you've opened a whole new world to me with this song.
>>
File: 1413853695884.jpg (756 KB, 1758x3000) Image search: [Google]
1413853695884.jpg
756 KB, 1758x3000
>18
>M
Tried and promised myself this would'nt be a sob story, yet it seems I don't excell at keeping those.
Been almost a year since she left and I've missed her everyday since, can't blame her tho.
Hate the fact she keeps popping up everywhere I go, The fact that everything reminds me of her and The fact she won't come back.
But maybe it's for The best y'know? They say the worst things in life teach you the best lessons
>>
File: 1456041497989.jpg (308 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1456041497989.jpg
308 KB, 1920x1200
F
UK

Slowly recovering from depression after a 6 year long battle, nearly saved up enough to travel around Europe. I'll probably always be a little sad but at least I can be a little sad in new exciting places with less shit weather.

To all the anons going through tough times, keep your chin up. I know it doesn't seem like it will get better but it really will.
>>
File: Orgrimmar Zepplin.jpg (885 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Orgrimmar Zepplin.jpg
885 KB, 1920x1080
>>6528770
19/m Life is ight, first year university doing general sciences. No clue what i want to do. Pretty sick of it already and i just want to hang with friends and play video games :/
>>
File: 1457579959559234856.jpg (843 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1457579959559234856.jpg
843 KB, 1920x1200
34/m

I work at a small family business. I have a few paychecks I can't cash to help keep the business going. it sucks but I think we'll make it. business isn't booming but it's picking up.

also I have a hemorrhoid that will probably need to get removed by a doctor. I had it done before about ten years ago. it's gonna suck. for a day or two after the surgery when you take a crap if feels like a knife's blade is sliding out of your ass slicing your asshole up.
>>
19, male

Real sucker for music with female vocals

>>6532804
This guy has the exact same favourite wallpaper as me
>>
>>6533996
Right? I don't typically assign values like "respect" to animals, but the motherfucker bodyslammed a train. I doubt that marker is still up (in India or Pakistan I would assume), but if it is I would love to see it in person.
>>
File: 1442969311804.png (620 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1442969311804.png
620 KB, 1920x1080
21, m

3rd year into a Chem degree. I know what I want to do in my field but I am afraid I am not good enough to get a doctorate. It's one of the few things that would make me happy. I work harder than almost everyone I know.

Current work relates to it and it feels like I am fucking up constantly and going nowhere in my research. I just really want it to work so I can stop feeling so incompetent.
>>
>>6534250
I love that wallpaper. seriously.
>>
File: Comb.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Comb.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
Male 24 year old Engineer, UK.

Drinking my way through life with my friends, sobering up only to play video games and go on night shifts.

I got plenty of cash, and a comfy little flat full of games, books, and bottles. Not really happy, but that doesn't actually matter at all in the grand scheme of things.

Just want to be a good little worker.
>>
File: 1419087932202.jpg (540 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1419087932202.jpg
540 KB, 1920x1080
31, f.

When we grow up we have these expectations of how our lives are gonna go. You know, career, love, a beautiful wedding day, a house, two kids and a dog. Like many others, I've found that life has a tendency to just laugh at your dreams.

I tried. I studied hard, made plans, hoped for the best. But the ones we love have the power to destroy us, and now I'm just a lone wolf stuck on an empty road.

But hey, nice wallpapers are a great escape from the worries of real life, so thank you all for making this place great. :)
>>
m
currently getting into psychedelics hoping for some reason that they'll give me an answer to the age old question of whats the point of doing anything, im usually bored and play video games, i recently got a full time job so me and my friends can go on a year long trip in a few years. ive been having an existential crisis for the past year or so and only recently got really bad, which is why im getting into psychedelics so yea.
>>
27, m
about to graduate with my bachelors in chemical engineering. that's right, still working on my bachelors.
depressed and diabetic.
never been in a serious relationship, just working 40-45 hours regularly since i was 20.
graduating in may but have no job offers. seeing a psychologist who gets pretty frustrated with me (it shows).
>>
File: 1449884766977.jpg (231 KB, 1919x1079) Image search: [Google]
1449884766977.jpg
231 KB, 1919x1079
>>6534480
and the paper
>>
File: 1426476877939.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1426476877939.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>6534022
Hey man, I just wanted you to know I read this and saw a lot of myself in you. I don't know you and likely never will, but you can do something with your life. If nothing you're doing seems fulfilling, find something new to do; make pottery, try stand-up, join a support group, anything to get out of the house. I hope things get better soon for you, /wg/ bro. If you got nothing from this but a cool wallpaper, that's fine too.
>>
File: 1416573981010.jpg (128 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1416573981010.jpg
128 KB, 1366x768
M

Joined the military at 17 by graduating early. about 2 and a half years in I fell roughly 2 stories and fractured two vertebrae. I was sent home and have since then tried to work my hardest to feel like I'm accomplishing something, I felt like I was somebody in the military. I may not have been the most important person but I felt part of something bigger with greater purpose. Now I work a lowly manager job at a local grocery store in my hometown. I just don't know where to go, I thought I had a solid plan then life just decided that I wasn't meant to have everything planned out. Maybe this is why I drink so much.
>>
File: 1450395255185.jpg (403 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450395255185.jpg
403 KB, 1920x1080
20/M

Played a lot of video games when I was younger, but I've fallen off (on?) the wagon over the last few years. I have been to exactly two (college) parties and left as soon as I could. I go through a bottle of wine per week; I don't know how/if that'll change when I turn 21 this month. I have a few really good friends, but mostly casual acquaintances. Love coffee and tea and music.

Third year electrical engineering and math student at a top 10 university in the US (sheerly by the grace of many, many good people throughout my life). Plan on applying to PhD programs in the winter. That being said, this shit's really, really hard, and the pressure never lets up. Somehow, we're told, we have to trounce the best of the best to have a shot in getting where we want to go. I'm not sure whether I love the pressure cooker or whether I just tell myself that, but I cling to it because I don't know what I'd do otherwise. The incidence of mental health problems on this campus (and others like it) is really alarming, but not at all surprising. The problem is, we have every motivation in the world to conceal it, so many do. And either they cope, or they drink, or they drop out, or they kill themselves - many of us know people in all of these categories.
>>
>>6534534
TLDR: If you guys think everyone "at the top" has their shit together, they totally don't. We're all in the same boat.
>>
File: tumblr_ny1jjwisdd1ta2gcwo1_1280.jpg (76 KB, 1082x1920) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny1jjwisdd1ta2gcwo1_1280.jpg
76 KB, 1082x1920
21/m

When I read the OP I wasn't expecting to scroll through so much honesty or detail. All really touching, so I thought I'd add to the posts offering some positivity.

At the tail end of easily my lowest point in life, I was recommended Undertale. After finishing it this was my locked phone pape for a few months.

In the era of the smartphone, don't underestimate the subliminal messaging power such a placement can have. If you're down, or in doubt, find a way to repetitively remind yourself that you're moving onwards and upwards. Slowly but surely it works.

You got this, /wg/
>>
File: 1451142429331.jpg (293 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451142429331.jpg
293 KB, 1920x1080
18/F

All of you guys have really amazing stories and lives. It's really crazy to see what people have been through and what they're currently doing now. Personally, this place for me has been a safe space of some sort. It's so beautiful to see all the different wallpapers and each and everyone of them tell a story of their own. This is definitely a place I go to relax and enjoy what everyone has to post.

About myself a little bit.. I'm almost out of high school and I plan to go to community college. I just recently took my placement/assessment test to see what classes I'd be placed in, and sadly I got into remedial math, which is quite a bummer. I was never really good at math so I didn't really expect more out of myself. Also on top of this, I got placed in a lower level English class as well. I obviously did not do well on the test whether it'd be from nerves or whatever. Anyways, my initial major was to do communications/marketing, but I'm struggling and deciding whether to change it or not, due to the amount of time I had to spend in school (and I'm not a school-type of person). Currently unemployed as well, and have like zero friends due to social isolation. But, I'm young. Those of you that are older and told your stories, you've been through lots, and so glad you made it through to post about it here today.

Anyways, thanks /wg/ for amazing papes and incredible life stories
>>
File: burn.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
burn.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>16
>M

Sixteen year old prep boy in a shitty relationship trying to find an out. Girl always hangs out with other guy, they are probably fucking. We fuck plenty, should I care? I don't want to be an asshole and go in on this kid, but it doesn't feel good to see this guy driving her around.

>What do?
>>
>>6534559
>Anonymous
>Get underage b&
>>
>>6534563
Just lookin' to read some stories and get some advice pal
>>
File: Qtbh85W.jpg (140 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Qtbh85W.jpg
140 KB, 1440x900
>>6534559
>underage
Before you're kicked off, just wanna let you know staying in a relationship with someone potentially cheating isn't a good idea. You should probably break up with her.

>18
>F
Pretty chill life, take away all the family drama. I'm currently in high school, got some good grades but shit attendance, and I got accepted into college. Not entirely sure what I want to be majoring in yet, probably a foreign language or math. That would be fun.

Wallpaper feels like me a lot of the time. A small entity looking unto bigger, more important things. Yet, they are things that don't matter. Hopefully I'll find what I love doing trying to achieve something that doesn't matter.

Plus that movie was awesome.
>>
File: 1457510425789.jpg (254 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1457510425789.jpg
254 KB, 1920x1200
>>6531386
I really like your story anon.

Sorry about your friend, I'm sure you will find one like him soon, if you haven't already.
>>
File: c japanese batman.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
c japanese batman.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
I am 45

that's all
>>
>>6534578

very nice story anon
>>
>19
>m
in primary i was a really nice kid, i studied alot and got 90s-100s on all grades, but then i got my first computer... that was the best and the worst thing that could happen, suddenly i understood english and learned that everything that is taught in school you could learn on the internet... got into high school and because of that i skipped school like crazy, aced exams but failed in class work, anyway... that was something i still regret it because that made me lazy and is still a bad habit that i carry in university...

suddenly my single mom, only family, got fired from her job and now i dont know if i can continue studying, i may have to drop out in order to get a job and live... i just fucking want to end my studies so i can get a good life...
>>
File: wall6.jpg (1 MB, 1597x898) Image search: [Google]
wall6.jpg
1 MB, 1597x898
>>6534594
forgot wall
>>
>>6534594
dont drop out, anon.
>>
File: 1453994509956.jpg (668 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1453994509956.jpg
668 KB, 1920x1200
I'm just a 19 year old American trying to find his way. I'm in a pretty great spot, I've got actual friends in my life and it's all substantial. I'm about to start my first job, and man, the anxiety was too much to handle so I'm back to pushing it all away. I'll find my way, though. About to cut off my long hair and try out new things.
>>
File: 1459721704619.jpg (372 KB, 1500x1111) Image search: [Google]
1459721704619.jpg
372 KB, 1500x1111
>male
>26

When i was younger i trained as a kickboxer, mainly to over the fact that i was beaten up pretty badly as a kid infront of my future girlfriend. when we broke up i shut myself down to emotions and focussed on my fighting, eventually going to fight for a bit in Thailand.
I got a little bored of picking up so many injuries, and decided to try and join the military, as i had wanted to when i was a kid.
Unfortunately I was injured several times while training and only managed to join aged 20 after 2 different attempts. I stayed in the Royal Marines for 4 years, meeting my current partner on leave in london, and travelled a lot, 2 tours of afghan, boarding ships on the horn of africa.
nowadays i'm a swimming instructor and fitness coach, i live with my gf and we're pretty damn happy and in love.
I've been shitposting on 4chan since about 2007, especially when i was a viscious teen cunt. I love /wg/, /k/, /b/ and /wgs/gif/. i can never leave.
>>
File: 1446100603520.jpg (191 KB, 1096x729) Image search: [Google]
1446100603520.jpg
191 KB, 1096x729
>23, male, 5 year collage student, soon to graduate (Yay super senior!)

I'll keep this short,

I'm a computer graphics major and i graduate in May. Right now i am working on a certification to teach English over seas, in August i plan on teaching in Southern China. I always expect the best but plan for the worst, as everyone should. And thats about all i can think of.
>>
>>6532076
Hell yea bro, keep that shit short, there are to many tl;dr's on this thread
>>
>mfw everyone wants to kill themselves on these threads
everytime
how does it feel to have either a really shitty life or the lack of apreciation for life?

>mfw im degenerate doing art school with a gf i met over an MMO for five years now, moved from anothrr country to be here
>mfw i figured out i wanted to transition MtF but no family support or job to make up for drugs and so on. i pass already, but dunno how long that will last.
>mfw im probably happier than ive ever been even though i have plenty of frustrations because i can appreciate what i have
>>
File: 1361852748174.jpg (828 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1361852748174.jpg
828 KB, 1920x1200
>male
>60

Yes, 60. I'm posting just to say this: So many of you talk about the mistakes you made, the people you lost through chance or stupidity or just because you couldn't see what they meant to you. I'm here to tell you, getting old doesn't make you wiser, or smarter, or better looking or whatever it is you think you lack... but it does each you how to accept who you are, how to forgive yourself for the mistakes you make, and how to find satisfaction in life being who you are. Learn from your errors, forgive yourself & move forward.
>>
File: wallhaven-212484.jpg (424 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-212484.jpg
424 KB, 1920x1200
My story is long, so I need to write it in parts
I'm 20 years old Polish dude, currently studying English mixed with history and sociology. After that, I don't know. I always tried to fulfill my parents dreams to make them happy or was punished in school for any kind of a bit different thought than expected. So now, when I stand at the gates of adult life, I just don't know what to do. If I ever was good at something, then it’s a time long gone.
Despite ADHD, I was a good learner, so I always had the best grades, at least until high school times. Learnt to read at the age of 3, learnt to use a PC by the age of 5. Won a lot of contests (math, biology, literature, art related), but nothing on national or international scale. Kindest kiddo in the neighborhood. And that was the problem. I always had a problem with bully type people. Within one semester I spent 5 months in hospital. I got thrown down the really high stairs, one guy threw a big rock at my head, next one just beat the shit out of me. But in every case my head took most damage. Couple that with ADHD = I have a big problem with remembering things. And the guys who did this never got punished, because they were these rich kids, whose parents were lawyers, or one guy’s mother was a headmaster of this school. And the school never called the ambulance. Cellphones weren’t popular back then, and people either were in work or in their homes, so practically no one could see me, so I had to walk to the hospital all by myself, battered and covered in blood. All happened within 4 months.
I spent the fifth month in the hospital because I got hit by a car.
If you are interested in more recent stuff, I got stabbed on my subdivision.
>>
File: 1448676576228.jpg (337 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448676576228.jpg
337 KB, 1920x1080
Part 2 of >>6535020

Later, I went to technical secondary school to become IT technician. I chose that school not because I liked IT, but because it can give you well paid job in my shitty country. But soon after that I realized, that I have more knowledge about IT than my teachers, and sometimes I had to take their place during the lessons. Also tried some classes funded by European Union, so practically I had to spent half a day in school(8AM-8PM). Sometimes even during weekends or holidays. I got certificates from this classes, but never got the most important one in this school. We get one for finishing high school and second for IT stuff. I got the first one, but on during my IT exam there were some problems with my computer, and I couldn’t fix them without the external help like a disc or flash drive. And that was forbidden by exam rules, so board of examiners said that “well, shit happens, there is nothing we can do”. Well, with the exception of one. I knew one of them, and I was her favorite student, so she tried to help me by bringing our (idk the word for it in English, it’s a third most important guy in school who deals with IT and any supplies related stuff). But he was so lazy, that when she called him in the middle of the test, he entered the class 10 minutes before the exam was over (it was 4-5 hours’ exam) and fixed it in a minute of two. So I had to do at least 3 hours of work in 7 minutes. Tried my best, but in the end, I got 69% when the pass mark was 75%.
>>
File: ezNvh0y.jpg (855 KB, 2048x1371) Image search: [Google]
ezNvh0y.jpg
855 KB, 2048x1371
>>6535022
Part 3
During middle and high school times, I realized that all my work is for nothing, because no one cares about my grades, so they became more mediocre. So on high school finals they were good, but not enough to get into some top tier university. Never wanted to go to one, but I got a deal from my parents: you either will be studying, or literally GTFO, we don’t need to pay for you anymore, because you’re an adult. But I know that I couldn’t find a job, and even if it was some McDonald job, I couldn’t even afford to live on my own. It’s a job for people, who have parent’s financial stability behind their back and just want to earn money for something like a new smartphone. So I wanted to delay that moment just a little bit. I reviewed my exam and I got the best score from English one, so that’s why I’m studying what I’m studying.

I like art related stuff, but throughout these years, when I was forbidden to practice, I lost my skills, I can’t progress, both with traditional and digital art. So no concept art for a game or something. And when it comes to overall graphic design, you can’t even get a shittiest job from a shittiest “company” founded a few months ago by some know-it-all guys, because they expect you to be an expert in 20, both 2D and 3D, programs and to have at least 5 years of experience on that matter by working for another company.

But I think that me, alive today, is a thing that happened for a reason. Beside some long term illnesses, docs said that I should at least be disabled by now by what happened to me, yet I'm still there, kinda healthy, still standing.
So if I "cheated death" a few times, then maybe I'll find out this reason. Maybe not today or tomorrow. But someday.
>>
File: 1446665748769.jpg (750 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1446665748769.jpg
750 KB, 2560x1440
> 24; M

Finally pulled myself out of my depression. Going back to school to finish my degrees (BA's in Political Science and Literature; no, I have no idea what I'm going to do with them, but fuck the STEM meme).

A year ago I would be smoking though half a pack and downing half a bottle of whisky right now, planning out my suicide. Don't know what changed, honestly. I run 5 miles a day now, cook as a hobby... I'm not sure, but I think I might be something close to happy.

But I can't sleep tonight. I was reading, had my door slightly ajar, and overheard the moans of my roommates girlfriend.

I'm not angry; not even bothered, really, I just closed my door and it blocked out the sound.

I don't know what it is that won't leave me now. Jealousy, loneliness, lament, reactionary frustration.... But I have no right ot be any of these things. I've never so much as had a date; I held a girls hand about six years ago, and that's the furthest ever been with someone. I've maybe had opportunities, but I'm the right mix of shy and oblivious that it never even occurs to me to capitalize on the moment until it's too late.

At this point I've accepted I'm going to be alone my entire life. I lack the basic functioning skills to even be involved with someone. I'm nice, and pleasant, and I can hold a conversation well. I'm social enough to succeed in business and school. But there must be a part of me that's so broken, even someone who doesn't know me can see it.

I don't know. None of this matters. I try not to say that too much these days. But none of it does...
>>
>>6534983
Thanks 60Anon. Been through some shit recently that makes me doubt who I am and who I want to be... I've gotta take your advice.
>>
File: 1432066760854.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1432066760854.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>6533822
A's mostly, but not math team captain or anything. I'm actually pretty shit compared to a lot of other math kids, I nearly flunked my first college math class. But once you figure out how to study it's not so bad if you're willing to put the time in, I'm doing pretty alright right now (advisers actually help in college). Don't let that spook you though, go for a thing you like and fuck with it until it works for you, you'll be happy you did.
>>
File: 2016-01-28 01.58.15.png (484 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-28 01.58.15.png
484 KB, 480x800
>>6529435
why do people shoot you down? justbecause they disagree? i agree with
>>6529611
i play in a gigging band, we are in a studio most weekends this year tracking an album. its been hard, even my gfs over the years have had these masked ways of telling me to quit "you can do anything you want you know" kind of bullshit.

i KNOW i can do what i want. im DOING IT with my life now.

you can do what the hell you like too anon!
>>
>>6534918
seems like the only well adjusted person in this thread.
>>
File: 1457801375282.jpg (1 MB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1457801375282.jpg
1 MB, 2000x3000
>20
>F
Usually in /fit/ but like to go here every other day. Long time lurker and poster. Always in the Cyberpunk threads and the occasional Avril Lavinge thread. Working through second semester of Freshman year in college. Still don't have my major declared. Other than that, I spend my time playing games and working out.
>>
>>6535769
Says you
>>
>>6533578
Nice pape, sorry about your family and dog
>>
>>6534983
The pape is defenitly from a 60 yo anon. Thanks for advice anon
>>
File: 1435580267354.jpg (1 MB, 1961x1080) Image search: [Google]
1435580267354.jpg
1 MB, 1961x1080
>>6537447
What's your routine? Fellow /fit/izen and cyberpunk lurker here.

>I really want this sword
>>
File: 1441726992891.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1441726992891.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
>>6530538
Hey bud,

Since you have a parent in academia, none of this will probably be novel advice, but if you are wanting to get in to the materials engineering program, I would look at some of the papers that professors in that program have published, pick one that looks interesting, hit them up, ask some questions and then see if they are looking for any undergrad researchers to help them over the summer. Worst case scenario, they say no, best case scenario, you have an internship (more or less depending on pay) and an in with the program.

Hope some of that helped.
>>
>>6530154
>12 years old
> gf 3 years younger
make gf 9
Top kek
>>
>i don't give a shit about any of you
>just skimming through your papes
>>
>>6537447
Kill yourself fatty mc fat.
>>
File: 1455625678058.jpg (226 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1455625678058.jpg
226 KB, 1080x1920
>m
I've been struggling with depression for six months. I'm not going to lie to you, /wg/, I've gotten closer than I'd like to blowing my brains out.
>>
File: rene_magritte_son_of_man.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
rene_magritte_son_of_man.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
>19
>Male

Eastern Europe. Used to be suicidal. Changed my philosophy on life, don't think I'll ever get to a stage where I find myself running of a roof ever again, which is nice.

Will be studying IT soon. When I was just a wee lad, I wanted to be a president, so I could make this country nice for everyone. When I realised that won't be happening, I figured I'd be a writer or a teacher or both. I like this prospect but I doubt I'll go through with it.

My fav wallpapers are probably various landscapes and just calm places, you can find plenty of those on /wg/. But my favorite art is that of Magritte. At first glance it seems pretty cold and neat. After some time it started to feel really warm and make me happy for whatever reason unknown.

“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”
― Albert Camus

Something like that quote. Existentialism is nice.
Keep on keeping on, lads and lasses.

tl;dr
u're mum :--DDd
>>
File: 1421610249820.jpg (490 KB, 1920x1095) Image search: [Google]
1421610249820.jpg
490 KB, 1920x1095
Is anybody still reading?

21, soon to be 22.
Male.
Sweden

I'm the product of a Swedish mother and a Turkish father.
Soon going to study either aerospace engineering or astronomy, haven't really made up my mind. Astronomy is awesome, but I feel like I can make an impact with the Engineering. So I'm kinda leaning towards the engineering.

I really like the USA, France and Italy and more often than not I daydream about my life in a heavily romanticized version of those countries.
Tbh, I daydream a lot. My fave papes are the ones that tease my imagination and tell a story.
>>
File: 1426191996766.jpg (481 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1426191996766.jpg
481 KB, 1920x1080
24 m
US

Currently an electronics technician in the Army, I enjoy the work. Looking at becoming a civilian again in a couple years, become a pilot or go deeper into the electronics/IT field. I like video games and movies and doing all the fun stuff that can be done in nature.

Been on 4chan for about 6 years now, mostly here and /b/

My dream is to go to space, or at least for humanity to expand into space.

I'm a total sucker for sci-fi
>>
File: 1460006740799.jpg (545 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460006740799.jpg
545 KB, 1920x1080
New to 4chan here, but I was told this was a great place to find badass papes, so here I am.
19, m
I'm a freshman in college at the moment, for what major I'm still on the fence about. I could keep with my dual major in physics and chemistry, but architecture is also something I've started to really fall for. I'm planning on transferring from this university after my sophomore year, but I have no idea where to go.
I've been an avid console gamer for years now, and have bounced back and forth between Sony and Microsoft. Currently I'm on Xbox one.
Aside from all that I need some place new. My girlfriend just left and I feel like I can't go where I used to. Feel free to shoot some advice at me or tell me to go to hell.
>>
File: 1459469329623.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459469329623.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>Age
>Gender
Male
I play Dungeons and Dragons
>>
>>6529865
>Nerdtacular
just go
whats the worst that can happen
>>
File: 1460337740221.png (909 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1460337740221.png
909 KB, 540x960
25, m
Currently in a homeless shelter, I love me some vidya and card games. About to get me a couple jobs.
>>
File: 1449394560294.jpg (351 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449394560294.jpg
351 KB, 1920x1080
Don't really have a favorite wallpaper so I'll stick with the one I have currently

M/ 20

I am the product of a liberal and a conservative somehow looking beyond that and having a kid, who ended up centrist

I am in college but honestly have no idea what I am doing, what I want, how I want to do it, where I want to be, or really know anything about how I want to continue living my life
>>
File: 1335944731096.jpg (227 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1335944731096.jpg
227 KB, 1600x1200
22 Male

Just about to graduate college and scrambling to find a reason not to move back in with my parents. Ive been making cannabis concentrates with my roommate for the last few years and with the people we've met and connections we've made we are primed to start our own extracts company. The biggest hurdle is that neither of our parents know about this and would likely not be cool with it till full legalization here in California (and even then, there will likely be a lot of resistance). I essentially need to find a legitimate job right now to cover up my actual income from them until the time is right, but I only have about a month and a half to make it happen. Not to mention all of the school shit I'm finishing.

Shits stressful yo, but at least I got >10k wallpapers
>>
File: 1345143262861.jpg (774 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1345143262861.jpg
774 KB, 1920x1200
>Age
>Gender
Male

Recently married, homeowner with a cat and dog. Would love to go back to school but there's little opportunities for History majors. Figure I'll keep breaking my back so I can retire with some savings. Love this board. Time to go pick up my work boots from the shoe repair shop.
>>
File: aquaphobia.jpg (167 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
aquaphobia.jpg
167 KB, 1920x1200
>>6528770
18 male
Rather shitty life judging by 1st world standards :P
Ive always been able to top grades in pretty much anything, but all my motivation has run out. Im curently working on getting into a school for military grade pc-engineering, but probably changing classes next year to get to work after 2 years instead of more school.
My real problems are some i cant really change though; my mother is living with my stepdad who has sent her to the mental hospital once and the verge of an hero multiple times. My father has so little money right now that weve just got electricity back after they cut it for 4 days due to the lack of payment. My first real girlfriend almost commited suicide only a few days ago, this happened because she was alone and managed to mix alchohol and some pills shes taking because of reasons... The intoxication isnt what did it though, she got panic attacks and started cutting herself a lot that night. She pulled through and doesnt even remember what happened. She got another attack after this, which made us able to locate the exact reason to the incidents, the alcohol mixed with her medicine.
>>
>>6540291
Its me again...
I dont really have any phobias other than aquaphobia for some odd reason... But im pretty jumpy in genereal because i used to have sleep paralyzis a lot when i was younger.
My head has always been a fucking mess, im sure i have some sort of mental disease which make me unable to focus on anything. It first accured just a few years ago, which is one of the reasons why my grades are dropping.
The only things (that ive found) that can make me think clearly about one thing are my girlfriend and alcohol... As sad as it is to put those two together in a way like that... its true.
When im with her, everything else gets blocked out. Same as if i were to drink a lot. The difference is that when im with her, she's what im thinking about, when im drinking i cant really choose what to focus on, but i can focus on one thing at a time, which is one of the best feelings i have.
Since this weird shit happened to my head i feel like ive had a constant headache that is changing from being almost non-existant to unbearable all time.
>>
18 male,
I just graduated high school and planning on going to NYU. I saved money selling weed during my time in highschool and Im planning on traveling before Uni. I really hope everything turns out ok and no shitty surprises come.
>>
File: badatmath.jpg (98 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
badatmath.jpg
98 KB, 1920x1080
Male

I was seperated from the girl i love 3 years ago by her family. Race and religion issues. I was getting prepared for talent exams for art school back then, i even participated in some and got in 2 of them, but that break up fucked me up and i decided to get away and study maritime instead.

Now i am living alone, studying maritime, became a chain smoker and a borderline alcoholic.
>>
File: Low Poly Cardinal.jpg (388 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Low Poly Cardinal.jpg
388 KB, 1920x1080
F

Gonna start college next year, accepted, financed, squared away. Majoring in comp sci. Really love the science. That, math, and microbiology to a lesser degree. I just really like computers. I wrote a simple compiler a few weeks ago, so next is a bigger LALR(1) based compiler, except actually using the book bought on it. That and working on machine learning stuff.

I suffered for it. My dad's weird about technology. He didn't let me use Google until I was like 11 or 12, so I made up for lost time with computers, and he would go ballistic on me every few months and just be emotionally abusive to my little brother and I. And my mom. They never divorced, my brother and I kind of forced them to stay together. But he'd yell at us pretty much constantly, so I just turned further into video games and programming to fill the hole. I had friends, yeah, so I got by okay. Then I quit dota and my life just keeps looking up. Got into a modest state uni, but it's big, and has a good computer science and Mandarin program (which I speak pretty well so I can skip ahead, also because I know the professor for it), and then 3 others I ruled out on cost. It's my dad's Alma mater though. I'm slowly fixing things with him as he realizes that I DO know what I'm doing and that I'm smart. Now he just tells me I'm underweight more than I want to hear.

I'm underweight because I have acid reflux, and it flared up so bad we thought I'd caught influenza or something. Turns out I just ate like a pig and now I was throwing up. I'm mostly better now, but I try to stay thin for A E S T H E T I C.

Found 4chan four years ago as a freshman and boy was I a faggot. Glad that's over.
>>
File: Abstract - Low Poly, Dark.png (4 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Abstract - Low Poly, Dark.png
4 MB, 2560x1600
>28
>M

Oldfag. Anxiety and compulsion disorders that've been unresponsive to medication. Been alone and broken close to a decade now and my life is literally without hope of change, barring some luck with yet another med.

That said, a lot of people in this thread seem to be in a bad place. If you want some advice from someone too young to give it, try not to aim for joy. Aim for contentment. I have nothing to look forward to, nothing to hope for, no one to watch the world with. But I've learned to be content with what I do have.

It's not much, but it might be enough for now. And who knows? It might get better.
>>
File: 9166980928_186908104f_k.jpg (874 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
9166980928_186908104f_k.jpg
874 KB, 1920x1080
>22
>m

Life's just getting comfier and comfier, but I just keep getting sadder. My career is already set. I never had any friends but my social life is doing better than ever. I lost almost a 100lbs over the last 1.5 years, and still losing, putting me almost at perfect size, not the mention that I feel great physically. I've accomplished a lot but the chemicals in my brain keep persisting that I feel like shit more than ever, not a day goes by without suicidal thoughts. I used to feel constant anxiety but I somehow managed to throw that out the window, and yet everything just seems grimmer than ever. It's like I've conquered a hill just to find a mountain behind it. I guess I'm just lonely. Sorry for blogging.

As far as /wg/ goes, I come here daily, I like editing pictures, looking through obscure sources for quality stuff, even though I never use any wallpaper I make/edit. Rarely I see my stuff reposted, which is nice.
>>
File: wallpaper40.jpg (613 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper40.jpg
613 KB, 1920x1080
21, M

Typical hopeless romantic 21 year old, who is nicer than he should be. Work a job I love, but fall in love with smart girls to quick and get hurt more than I need too. Lies for the sake of others to be happy and fucks myself over for it. Hates living, but rides it out because I know people need me more than I need me. Oh. And I play vidja, watch anime, and collect comics and plushies. Good thing I don't exactally look like a typical nerd though. Ecx Dee.
>>
>>6541093
>Rarely I see my stuff reposted
I think the averege poster on /wg/ post twice a year or something (that's only a guess).
So the edits people make will rarely be posted and thus seeing by less people.
>>6541214
You just hit my feels.
>>
File: 1456523790719.jpg (867 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456523790719.jpg
867 KB, 1920x1080
>18
>M
About to finish high school in Texas and head out to Switzerland for university. I love hockey, and tall Spanish girls with pretty faces. My parents are pretty wealthy, and I've always felt guilty because of that for some reason that I've never been able to understand. I want to go into international economics, and marry a beautiful woman. I learned everything I know from an old French man whom I met vacationing with some friends in Panama. Beauty is what I think I truly value the most in life.
>>
File: 1452364214849.jpg (591 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452364214849.jpg
591 KB, 1920x1080
>19

>m

was in college for about a year now, computer science course with my best friend for about 13 years,
gonna finish it and then try to pick up a trade in carpentry. so my parents aren't too happy about it, but the accept it.
that same friend just told me he has depersonalizaion disorder and taught about killing himself recently, which was strange because he's the strongest person i know
>>
>>6535025
I hope you find it, Polebro.
I really hope you find it, i'm rooting for you, dude.
>>
File: 1390190506098.jpg (175 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1390190506098.jpg
175 KB, 1280x800
>>6528770

23, male

Finishing out my last year of college and moving in with my girlfriend in the next couple of months. Life's not too bad, so lets hope nothing happens to prove me wrong on that.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 197

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.