[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Console SD Card reader
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: rhea-v1-5.jpg (64 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
rhea-v1-5.jpg
64 KB, 800x600
Is there an SD card reader for the PSX or PS2? I know there's one for the Saturn and Dreamcast.
>>
>>3219409
There is for both of them.
PS2 is not related to this board.
>>
>>3219415
Is the PSIO the only one?
>>
>>3219409
"SD card reader" is misleading. There is a specific device for Dreamcast called SD card reader and they're not really for loading games.

GDEMU for Dreamcast and Rhea/Phoebe for Saturn are ODEs that happen to use SD cards for storage. There's also USB-GDROM which is also an ODE but uses USB devices.

If you want an ODE for PlayStation, then the only one atm is PSIO. Most people don't mind installing a modchip and burning games.

For PS2, you can get FMBC and load games over an internal hard drive or through a network with OPL. There's also USB loading, but it's shitty.
>>
>>3219429
Thanks for the info anon. I say "sd reader" out of laziness. I'm actually on the waiting list for the Rhea and I'm pretty excited about it.
>>
>>3219419
yES.
>>
>>3219437
Ha ha diarRhea
>>
>>3219429
Only thing PSIO offers more than just installing a modchip is that you can load the games off of a SD, and that the load times are much lower than with a CD. At least with the PS1 you can still use the disc drive.

Also regarding the PS2 thing, the hard drive set up can be modified such that it can load out of a SD card instead:

http://www.theisozone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=61624
>>
>>3219415
faggot
>>
>>3220319
>you can load the games off of a SD
What if you have a PS1 with a broken CD drive? Are there reliable replacements for those sans getting a new console?
>>
>>3220327
I think there are replacement drives available online, but those usually cost the same as another PS1 and are third party produced, so people usually suggest getting another one.
>>
>>3220327
>Can I do something other than buy a new $5 console?
Sure, you can spend $150+ on a POSIO
>>
>>3220398
Depends on where you live man, PS1's aren't always $5, especially when shipping jacks it up to about $25.

Not everyone lives in America.. ;_;
>>
>>3220581
>$25
In that case you could buy over 6 PS1s instead brainiac.
>>
>>3220581
Perhaps someone could buy the PSIO for you and ship it to your destination?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.