[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you ever skip school to play /vr/ games back in your day?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10
File: maxresdefault.jpg (223 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
223 KB, 1280x720
Did you ever skip school to play /vr/ games back in your day?
>>
File: 1456723003185.png (142 KB, 421x388) Image search: [Google]
1456723003185.png
142 KB, 421x388
We would skip school and go to cyber cafes and play CS or Battlefield 1942.

> inb4 not vr

I know, I just want to get the conversation going.
>>
>get thermometer
>warm it up using a light bulb
>show it to my mom and tell her I have fever
>stay home playing the vidya

I remember I beat Quackshot once.

The feeling of playing vidya comfily in my bed while knowing all the other suckers were bored in class was the greatest thing ever back then.
Also a day when you're a kid is long as fuck.
Nowadays if you want to skip job you can't really fake being sick because they send you a doctor, and a day as an adult is so short that isn't even worth it anyway.
>>
>>3224259
>a day when you're a kid is long as fuck.

Right in the feels.
>>
Many times.
My buddy and I would collaborate and skip together, play RPGs and talk each other through different areas or whaterver. Good times.
>>
File: 1434654783467.gif (917 KB, 369x206) Image search: [Google]
1434654783467.gif
917 KB, 369x206
>>3224259
>Take a bottle of diet coke (Wasn't wasting good pop)
>Keep as much of it as I possibly can in my mouth
>Go to the bathroom next to where Mom would be
>Spew it into the toilet and make throwing up sounds
>Stay home and play RPGs all day

I did this like once every 2 weeks. What can I say, I wanted to get max rank in the arena in Star Ocean The Second Story.
>>
>>3224327
o shit.
i heard star ocean didn't sell too many copies but i hear people loving it online all the time.
i like it too
>>
>>3224342
I wasn't heavy into games until my buddy's teenage brother was playing it at his place and let me try. He left for a few hours and I fought over 100 battles because I was in love with the combat system. Went to almost every store in the city to find a copy, and bought a dualshock to be able to run without holding square. Good memories.
>>
>>3224327

lol, I also did the fake puke thing.

some times I was just lazy and faked a stomach ache, I think my mom knew though.
>>
hell yeah i did

especially when i had nesticle and genecyst oh lawdy i used to skip school and game forever
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 558x515) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 558x515
Do you ever skip job interviews to play vidya recently
>>
one time i was at my old grandmaws house for the summer pulling fugging weeds in the garden like a dingleberry sweating my butt off in the blazing hot sun and I pretended to have allergies and fake sneezed and went inside and drug out the SNES which was supposed to be put away until the weekend and had my feet up on the coffee table like a little shit suckin down kool aid and eatin a mr. p's pizza while i played contra III and grandma came in all sweaty and tired and spanked me back to the stone age and mom came home and cried and asked why i couldn't just behave and i felt bad and gave myself the punishment of no super nintendo for the next 3 days from the guilt and shame i felt lmao i was pretty retarded huh :D
>>
Not /vr/, but I skipped college to play HL2 on release day.
>>
I did not, because I have parents who love me and would never let me do that.
>>
>>3224259
>they send you a doctor
Who the fuck do you work for? I've never heard of any company doing that.
>>
whenever I did my mom would say I wasn't allowed to play vidya, then she'd go off to her job, expecting me to actually abide by that.
>>
>>3224241
I never did the whole skipping school but I did put off doing homework until late at night.
>>
I faked an illness on 9/11 and watched TV and played video games all day I was in 6th grade at the time. When it first happened I was flipping through the channels and noticed some stupid shit going on NYC and only after few hours and snacks later did it even occur to me that it was big deal. I think the game was sega rally for the PS1. I stayed home in 2nd grade OR maybe I had chicken pox's and play combat cars for the SEGA Genesis, in 97 or 98. I also stayed home a couple times and played the shit out of commander Keen and Mega Man X on the PC in 2000. I am pretty sure I also stayed home a couple of times and played Star wars bounty hunter too.

The funny thing about all this looking back is that as a kid school really is your job only because you don't get personal days off you have to lie and say you are sick instead.

The world is really kind of fucked up.
>>
File: 106-003barrymore.jpg (28 KB, 400x301) Image search: [Google]
106-003barrymore.jpg
28 KB, 400x301
>>3224585
>sega rally for the PS1.
>>
I had about 46 "sick" days in Kindergarten because I just wanted to stay home and play NES games. This really isn't /vr/ though.

>OP's picture
Is this why I've been seeing so many DW2 threads lately?
>>
>>3224241
I used to to hit the mall arcade when I skipped school. alien vs predator was my jam
>>
>>3224654
dayuum you're right
>>
>>3224551
Such a rebel.
>>
Skipped school to finish final fantasy viii in highschool

It was whatever
>>
File: images.jpg (24 KB, 327x450) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
24 KB, 327x450
>Not wanting to go to school to play game boy with your buds, discuss how great capcom SNES games are and share knowledge with eachothers vidya magazines.
>Not wanting to go to school so you and your best friend could get a rush out of plotting daily plans to steal other kids pokemon cards and actually do it on D Day.

I fucking loved going to school
>>
>>3224241
No never.
My mother was pretty clear on that,I even attended school while sick with fever and all that.Im not sure if i ever missed day at school to be quite honest.
I didt know any better at the time.
Being dirt broke didnt help,I had to save my money for two days and play one game in the arcades on my way home.
Those were bad times.
>>
File: image_24.jpg (20 KB, 213x320) Image search: [Google]
image_24.jpg
20 KB, 213x320
>>3224686
My school wouldn't let us bring our Game boys to school, not even to use during recess or lunch so that was fucking dumb.

I still brought it along anyway and we would hide behind the football field during recess and play pokemon in secret. They started trying to hunt us down like a bunch of uptight faggots later on though, so we had to constantly switch locations like we were Jews in 1940 Germany. We even had some salty faggots in our own group rat us out because someone rekt his team.

I also skipped Gym Class once and finished Pokemon Crystal in the bathroom. I managed to weasel my way out of getting spanked (this was a really old school type of school where the principal still had the old paddle. They'd call up the parents first before they wacked you and I was spared from ever getting a paddlin') by pretending I had a stomachache.

>My face during the final battle with Red while stuck on a dirty shitter
>>
File: images (2).jpg (21 KB, 355x142) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
21 KB, 355x142
Me and the kid next door pretended to be sick and when our parents went to work he came round and we beat Bubble and Bobble on the Master System in one long run.
>>
>>3224724
Damn did this so hard. Always hiding to do what i wanted!
>>
My mom would be like u sick butu still playin dem video games huh???????
Like biiiiiitch please
>>
>blog thread
>>
I skipped school to play Super Mario Bros 3 when it came out. No regrets.

My mom was pissed. Told her I skipped school to smoke (which I didn't smoke). That way she didn't take away the game...
>>
>>3224241
Very rarely. I think I did it like three or four times in my life. It was amazing.
>>
>>3224249
CS1.0 is 1999 m8, and it's an HL mod. It's retro.
>>
>>3224484
I skipped like every day of college.

>>3224518
that's why you don't let them find out dipshit. dont tell me you had a houseparent lol
>>
>>3224686
>>Not wanting to go to school to play game boy with your buds, discuss how great capcom SNES games are and share knowledge with eachothers vidya magazines.
>>Not wanting to go to school so you and your best friend could get a rush out of plotting daily plans to steal other kids pokemon cards and actually do it on D Day.
yeah but you did that shit every fucking day. gets kinda mundane. an rare skip felt amazing.

>>3224464
>tfw struggling not to buy Doom 4 and Dark Souls III because of CFA level 3 exam in June.
It's painful. I want to play them so bad...
>>
>>3224585
lol. I was never able to fake sickness unfortunately. Really tried some days but my mom would just touch my head to immediately find that there was no fever and then promptly kick me out of bed. Sucked. I really thought I had some oscar winning performance going but they just weren't good enough.

I do remember being legit sick with a flu or whatever and staying home though. Felt great provided the sickness wasn't too bad. Playing vidya all comfy in bed with chicken corn soup brought to you in a bowl. Fantastic.
>>
>fake sick one morning
>after my mom calls the school i throw up
>>
>>3224656
Me too, but it was Golden Axe for me

>>3224819
Clever ploy!

>>3224693
It annoys me when sick kids go to school. Then all the other kids get sick.
>enough of that shit

I would play vidya when I was actually sick, coz no console until high school and mum always home.
Would skip high school if I missed the bus and spend the day in he arcades. Aw YEAH

HAd a friend who would be away from school, but he spent the day playing Ultima IV on the master system. Bloody champ finsihed the game rather quickly.
>was jealous as he'd worked out all the spells and map without the map and book - Amazing!

Did roster days of work when I got my import DC and Sonic Adventure though.
Same with Batman Arkham Asylum (yes, I was a grown man for that last one and sorry, not retro)
>>
All the time. Like 50% of all school years. Parents were never home anyway. And half the time i was at a friend's apartment. He was out of school for a year because he broke his spine. I had a Mega Drive, he had a PS One, so we played and played and played...We're best friends to this day.
>>
>>3224241
Nah I was the fourth kid so by the time I thought of doing that my parents were going by the too sick for school too sick for games logic.
>>
>>3224469
This post is honestly one of the saddest truths on here. In 2013 I started skipping my classes during my first college semester to play games and browse 4chan. Of course I got kicked out and now I've paid off a loan for an education I didn't get, found a dead end retail job, and ultimately am fucked forever.
>>
>>3225089
Yet you guys are still in /vr/, playing video games. I'm not sure what the message is anymore. Quit school, PLAY MORE GAMES?
>>
>try to fake a stomache
>my mom sends me to school because it's just a stomache
>during the day I broke my leg
>have to stay in home for a few weeks playing videogames
>>
>>3224241
I used to wake up at 5am (bus came at 6:45) just so i could spend an hour playing Ocarina of Time in the mornings
>>
>>3224249
In hindsight, something about that guy just screams "Yeah, I'm a vegan, so what?"
>>
File: ac-ghd-story.jpg (44 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
ac-ghd-story.jpg
44 KB, 400x320
Didn't get off for Groundhogs Day. How devious.
>>
>>3224968
>It annoys me when sick kids go to school. Then all the other kids get sick.
That never happened I didn't had a single friend or a person that I talked to so I could infect them.
They were all fine.
>>
>>3225661
>so they could*
>>
No, but I also was/am pretty serious about studies. Plus I was the third child and my mother isn't stupid, however, I was sickly when I was young so I actually did have to miss days for real reasons. I'd play RPGs and such to cope with not being able to breathe.
0/10 do not miss at all.
>>
>>3224241
I remember faking an illness a couple times in order to skip school and then sneaking in to my neighbors' to play Crash Bandicoot.
>>
>>3225661
>That never happened I didn't had a single friend or a person that I talked to
why?
>>
>>3224241

My brother was a giant POS and he'd always skip class, he ended up dropping out. Since I was the nice child who got good grades and shit, my parents let me take off 2 mondays a month from school and they'd call in for me. I spent those days at the arcade playing Street Fighter 2.
>>
>>3224259
>they send you a doctor

I've been genuinely sick, even threw up on my boss once, and was still told I had to come in. What do you work for?
>>
>>3226142
Take a guess.
But it was a combination of parents never being around(and I mean never they were always at work)
to teach me basic stuff and bad living/school environment.
I was silent and that still follows me to this day.
>>
>>3224904
I did. My mother was stay-at-home.
>>
>>3224473
>lmao i was pretty retarded huh

Judging from that massive run-on sentence with no capitalization, you still are.
>>
>>3224241
Back in my day there was no retro.
>>
I was never very good in faking illness.
On holidays and such, or days when school had no classes because of whatever reason, I tried to play all day long, but someone would always say it was bad for me, tell me to go do something else or simply to just stop playing.

I decided that when I grew up I would do two things whenever I could, play videogames all day long in a cold day under a blanket and eat a whole pint of haagen dazs.

Never managed to do either.
>>
>>3224241
nice dike pic
>>
>>3226218
*dyke
>>
Friends of mine and I routinely cut school to go to one of our houses to play Smash Bros., smoke weed and drink beer. I was the only one of the group who didn't smoke, but I was perfectly a-okay with drinkin'.

>>3224249
I went to school (then university) in America. There are a tonne of Koreans in the area I went to school in and they had cybercafés with little arcades. I was never into online games, so while I did cut school to go to the cafés, I went more to take advantage of what was at the time super high speed internet access (T1 while most people were still on 56k at home back then) to download and burn PS1, Saturn and Sega CD games. Also to play DDR and 3DDX, which had just come out at the time.
>>
>>3227346
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>3226152
Post your skype. I'll be your friend anonkun. We can play vidya together :)
>>
Is this the current e-celeb thread?
>>
>>3227363
Why yes, that is indeed how most upper-school-aged kids reacted to mentions of marijuana in the late 90s/early 2000s.
As said, though, I did not participate. Never tried it, but I've nothing against it.
>>
>>3227406

Nope, just a skip school to play vidya memories thread.

The old e-celeb general is still alive and the OP of that thread said he won't make another one until that one gets archived.
>>
>>3224904
Not him, but the maid/cleaning lady was at ours at unpredictable points during the day to do laundry/dishes, put away shopping and other round-the-house odds and ends, so I couldn't go home during school hours either or I'd have gotten caught.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.