[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BattleZone 2: Combat Commander
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Discussion/playing of BattleZone 2 and its mods.

BattleZone 2 is a sci-fi FPS-strategy game set in space, and revolves around the plot of humans finding a valuable new type of metal in space, along with the discovery of a hostile alien race whom want it as well.

The servers are down unfortunately, but you can still play online if you open port 17770 and join someones IP.

Its a hard game, but its a good time waster and very fun with more people.

Some links for the game and how to install it properly are here:
GAME:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7g7kks2fzi9qer0/BZ2%20FE%201.3.5.zip?dl=0
.DLL AND README FILES:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dhx3tlu19kfiofp/DLL%20and%20Readme.zip?dl=0
The .dll is virus free, it came out of my system32 folder, and I have a fresh windows 8 installation, which comes with it.
Windows 7 does not, which is why I included it.
Some profiles are in the game already, as I uploaded my personal game.
>>
>>3211947
I really liked Battlezone 2 when I was a kid.
But I never played it in a serious fashion and finished it.

I don't understand why they rereleased the original, since the sequel is, from what I remember, pretty much superior.
>>
>>3211986
i personally think they need to remake this
>>
File: rockettank.png (64 KB, 331x325) Image search: [Google]
rockettank.png
64 KB, 331x325
>>3211986

Because the original in itself had some pretty crazy ass shit. They're both amazing games and my brother kept a small inkling of the community alive with his own servers in post 2005 era up until gamespy went down. The main point of the original battlezone was that it was as if two Beta fish were thrown into a lake by themselves and through instinct and will to survive attempted to kill each other to the point that the final fight was a cosmonaut commander desperately trying to moon walk away from a astronaut piloting a scavenger kamikaze style straight at him.

BZ '98 is very Robinson Crusoe, to the last man and the last round. While BZ 2 is very methodical and planned, both are two sides of the same coin and I love them dearly.
>>
I remember BZ 2 getting panned real hard but the posts here suggest otherwise.

I had 1 and had a great time with it, is 2 worth the time (provided it runs on current rigs)?
>>
>>3213083
My friends hated the pacing and difficulty of Battlezone 2, but I loved the challenge and methodical approach required for the mid to late missions.

If you enjoyed BZ1 and don't mind some increased mission difficulty, go for it.
>>
File: BZTurret.png (110 KB, 438x402) Image search: [Google]
BZTurret.png
110 KB, 438x402
>>3213083

BZ2 puts the fps aspect on backburner a bit in favor for more RTS and planning. Vehicles regenerate ammo slowly and base defenses and buildings are beefier. A lack of pilot limits and constant flowing scrap means more units.
>>
Big fan of BZ1 and its expansions. Was so excited for 2, and when I got it I played it for a few days and never touched it again. Maybe I'll give it another chance if I can find my copy.
>>
>>3214258

Just think of BZ2 as a more rts flavored BZ1 and you'll do fine.
>>
>>3211947
Is this the sequel to the Atari tank game from the early 80's?
>>
>>3215658
No, sequel to the REBOOT from the late-90's.
>>
God, I remember being REALLY IMPRESSED with a couple of the BZ2 mods. Forgotten Enemies and one other. Voice acting, full campaign and all that jazz.

Of course the multiplayer was fun, but still.

Were Battlezone and Machines: Wired for War pretty much the only RTS/FPS hybrids or were there others?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.