[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
YOU CAN'T BE SATISFIED WITHOUT IT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: motorraid.png (433 KB, 616x476) Image search: [Google]
motorraid.png
433 KB, 616x476
This is a thread for the games of the awesome Model 2 arcade hardware from Sega. I played a lot of these games growing up, and still love to play them when I find them, or on the Model 2 emulator.

Motor Raid is an excellent combat racing game that was released as a conversion for Manx TT Superbike, and never ported. The handling and sense of speed are great, you can use a lot of different melee weapons, and the track environments are stylish and colorful.

What Model 2 games do you like, /vr/?
>>
>>3196105
>Motor Raid

Gonna look this one up, looks interesting.
>>
File: vo_omg_cabinet.jpg (243 KB, 832x867) Image search: [Google]
vo_omg_cabinet.jpg
243 KB, 832x867
Easy mode answer, but still one of my favorite games of all time.
>>
I recently touched the first DOA, just because I could. It was ... interesting.

Lacking arcade history/knowledge I don't even know what the system has to offer though. Quick glance around the web suggested a lot of fighting games and "shallow" racing games. Oh right, Sega Rally was the reason I obtained the Model 2 emulator to begin with. Need to hook up an analog controller for it though, and wrestle the stupid resolution issues of the emu. I only remembered Sega Rally from a demo back on Windows, and tried to recapture that.

Not sure what I'm looking for, but I think the system can do more than I'm aware of.
>>
>>3196248
Dynamite Deka is a great side-scroller with 3D graphics and a campy 90's hollywood action movie plot
>>
>>3196251
>>3196248
err Dynamite Cop that is

(which is also known as Dynamite Deka 2 because the first one was on ST-V)
>>
>>3196248
Unlike what the memers say DOA is actually a solid fighting game, boob physics are just the cherry on top
>>
>>3196307
Well, I've been strongly interested in DOA2. For the boobs, but also because of the game, long story that doesn't belong here. That I picked up DOA (1) is largely because I had the emu sitting around and the game's small enough. I'm not knocking the game, at all. I understand way too little about fighting game mechanics to have anything resembling an opinion. However I noticed the extremely massive art change that happened between 1 and 2. 1 looks much more tame in comparison, more normal. While 2 is super flashy. That was what made me say it's interesting. It's not bad, but it feels like two very different games, visually at least. I'm still gonna give it a bit more time, simply because being the first in the series, I kind of hope it's more simplistic compared to DOA2. I need an easy start into 3D fighting games, or, well, fighting games in general
>>
>>3196315
As far as I know they turned the hold button into a guard button in DOA2 but it still functions mostly the same. Press guard + punch or guard + kick to deflect an attack, forward + guard + punch to throw. The timing is a bit easier to pull off in DOA2 as well.
>>
>>3196315
Also if you're emulating 2 stick to the Millenium version.
>>
>>3196359
Scratch that, you press forward back free (guard), forward up-back free or back forward free to counter hold.
>>
>>3196359
>>3196375
it's chinese to me at this point, I'm in the button masher state
>>
>>3196386
It's pretty simple actually you press foward back and free button and if the opponent throws a punch it will get countered with a throw.
>>
>>3196394
where can I find a manual or something resembling it for that game anyway? Surely it had a word or two somewhere on the cabinet regarding basic operations?
>>
>>3196445
Gamefaqs. Any version should work.
>>
>>3196458
in my experience gamefaqs has been fairly unhelpful for such games. Authors always assume intimate knowledge of the game's mechanics and go into insane detail on all the nuances. While probably useful for professionals, it's super complicated and intimidating for me. Guess that's more a problem of mine, not gamefaqs'
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.