[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I suck, does this game have really well designed puzzles,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Alundra.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Alundra.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Do I suck, does this game have really well designed puzzles, or does this game have really shitty puzzles?

I honestly can't tell which.

At the end of the mine I gave up with the two switches, didn't figure out you had to jump on the engine a few times, and now I'm stuck here.
>>
>>3114636
Some are, and some aren't.

If you're having trouble already then you may as well just fucking stop now, there are some incredibly precise execution based puzzles coming up. The jumping on the engine thing is directly told to you via something in the mines, but I haven't played Alundra in 2 years.

I would strongly recommend having a guide handy when playing Alundra though. Many of the puzzles are really ridiculous to solve.

I would actually advise not playing it, since I found it incredibly frustrating.
>>
>>3114640
The hint for the engine gives you the wrong pattern for the switches and tells you to "shake things up", so I was assuming they meant to "shake up" the pattern they were giving.

Turns out they meant "randomly press shit until you figure it out and then jump on the engine TWICE". What the shit?!

I'm always disappointed in Zelda games because they only ever scratch the surface of their possibilities, both in terms of combat and puzzles, even Master's Quests don't go far enough, so I thought Alundra would be the perfect game.
>>
>>3114658
Alundra's combat is bad. Enemies require too many hits.

Alundra's puzzles are fucking ridiculous to solve either by virtue of being insanely difficult, or by having twitch execution.

The first part gets alleviated once you get better weapons and magic (3 castings of the Fire Book kills the final boss iirc) or getting the Hero Sword, but until that point the game is a massive fucking slog.
>>
File: Alundra2.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Alundra2.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Okay, now I know which it is.

This game's puzzles suck. Turns out I had the the right combinaison here, except you have to do it backwards?!

Well I'm sorry but when I'm told about "teachings mattering more than others" I go from the one which matters the least to the one which matters the most, who would do the contrary?! When you acquire knowledge you don't start with the hardest do you.
>>
>>3114721
>The things that matter least should come first
>The things that matter most are the hardest
Yeah you should definitely give up
>>
>>3114728
But we're talking about listening to "teachings" here. When you go to school, you don't start at the university to end at elementary school.
>>
>>3114636
They're good. Yes the jumping is frustrating. Get good.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.