[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone wanna play some coop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: player.mdl_0[1].png (36 KB, 592x388) Image search: [Google]
player.mdl_0[1].png
36 KB, 592x388
Anyone wanna play some coop?
>>
File: fvf.png (512 KB, 504x521) Image search: [Google]
fvf.png
512 KB, 504x521
Actually, we should play some FVF quest.

FVF Quest was to my knowledge the first FPS mod that implemented an rpg classes type system with EXP. It's basically quake coop with super strong monsters, and a bunch of classes which you can level up.

Download it here http://fvfonline.com/
Extract the .zip into a directory named "fvf" inside your Quake directory.

I'm using FTE Quake and I can host a server. Download version 1.03+ here http://fte.triptohell.info/

I've been thinking for a long time about trying to get people interested in this, it's hilarious fun for 4 people. FTE Quake has voice chat also.
>>
>>2780004
This is so cool
>>
>>2780012
I'm trying to figure out how to set up the server now. I'm not sure if this mod fully cooperates with FTE quake but it should
>>
>>2780016
What's fte quake? I just started playing this year and I just downloaded it off some abandonware site and I use darkplaces
>>
>>2780023
darkplaces etc is very bad in my opinion because it massively changes the graphics of quake which ruins the looks of the game..quake isn't meant to look "upgraded" like people went crazy about when the source came out. it's meant to look like quake

fte quake allows you to set vanilla software quake settings, so does fitz quake, still trying to figure out how to get the server to work, the instructions as given in the files literally do not work whatsoever
>>
Well I can't figure it out, and I remember that I never could, having tried this previous times...

It seems impossible to run a quest server, the console command "quest" they tell you to use does not work, starting a map with deathmatch 3 coop 0 does not work

if anyone can get this to work please tell me how, it doesnt seem to work to me..bummed out
>>
>>2780004
>>2780056
I got it working, fuck yeah!!

Okay, here's the deal. The files on fvfonline.com are incomplete to run the server, I dunno if you need more than that as the client, but I'm using these files now:

http://www.quakewiki.net/quake-1/mods/future-vs-fantasy/

The 4.0 version works for quest mode server. So I'm gonna run a server, feel free to see if you can connect...I gotta go to sleep though
>>
>>2780063
Alright, I'm using FTE Quake like the first post said. Server should be up at 172.72.160.61
>>
>>2780067
Ok and this is really weird, I couldn't connect to my server with my ipv4 address, but I can with my ipv6 address:

2606:a000:63a9:4800:ccad:be8f:6bd9:db12
>>
Bump to see if there's any interest in this today
>>
>>2780786
I changed OS from windows to linux recently and I have little experience but I played quake alot on windows, once I find some more time to find a way to run it on lubuntu Ill check this mod out.
>>
>>2780798
Most of those source ports are available for linux, either FTE or fitz quake probably is. If not you could run them inside Wine almost definitely.
>>
File: 1444661282719.jpg (387 KB, 917x636) Image search: [Google]
1444661282719.jpg
387 KB, 917x636
>>2780817
Thanks, I really must check these out
>>
>>2780040
darkplaces also fucks up the jump height, you can jump to places on DP that you cant on vanilla quake.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.