[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
byuu does it again!! http://download.byuu.org/bws.html Won
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: wonderswan-spot05.jpg (173 KB, 800x504) Image search: [Google]
wonderswan-spot05.jpg
173 KB, 800x504
byuu does it again!!

http://download.byuu.org/bws.html

WonderSwan thread.
>>
"And instead of expending precious development resources on portability, BWS is designed exclusively for Microsoft Windows. This allows an optimal experience for the operating system used by the majority of PC users.

Furthermore, for personal, security, and competitive reasons, the source code to BWS will not be released to the public. But you can trust me that my emulator is very accurate. Nobody writes more accurate emulators than me. I may have benefited from public documentation and others' help on the WonderSwan to create BWS, but nobody said I had to share my work in return. So please don't ask for source code. It's mine; all mine. You can't have it."

What's with the autism by the way, /vr/, why he mad? :v
>>
>>3106843
check the date you gay fuck
>>
File: char.png (33 KB, 678x457) Image search: [Google]
char.png
33 KB, 678x457
I'm missing a screenshot function.
>>
>>3106843
>personal, security, and competitive reasons, the source code to BWS will not be released to the public
this has something to do with his fuss with FuSoYa back in the day I bet my left nut
>>
>>3106856
He just doesn't want people to profit from his work by selling the emulator for Android or including it in a Retron 5 style emulation box.
>>
>>3106843
He's highly critical of closed source and Windows-only emulators
>>
So does it actually work?
>>
>>3106843
He right though. "Free" just means free to get jewed by slavs on GOG dot com or Retron Five-O

>64-bit CPU support for ~15% faster emulation
>Improved accuracy
Btw do I need 16 GB of RAM to this emulator??? Also any engrish translations at all?
>>
>>3106913
>Btw do I need 16 GB of RAM to RUN this emulator???
>>
>>3106913
Did Hyperkin ever get in trouble over GPL violations?

I doubt the FSF is gonna make any effort, somehow.
>>
>>3106918
People who use GPL or FREE licenses tend to be too poor to actually sue anyone. So the slavs and jews always win and make byuu cry.
>>
>>3106923
Well apparently, the FSF is supposed to sue them for you.

I've rarely heard about that actually happening though.

Normally, I'm a fan of BSD/permissive licenses, but for emulators and with how jewish vidya companies are, like when they just sell emulators on steam, you pretty much have no choice but to go with GPL.

It's just bad for the vidya business.
>>
>netplay

Cool! Not like I'll ever find another wonderswan owner. Or a link cable.
>>
It's real basic but it works nice.
>>
>>3107068
Is there any particularly feature rich WS emulator? Mednafen doesn't really offer that much either.
>>
>>3107075
Last time I was emulating WS I was using Retroarch on my android phone. Had pretty much all I needed. I don't know how the compatibility is since I only played one game though.
>>
Is it better than Oswan?
>>
>>3106840
Okay, in the SNES emulator, how come the screen remains small when I go in full screen mode? How do I make the screen stretch so that it touches the top and bottom of my monitor.

Also, how come the library directory keeps resetting to the default (users\emulation) even when I set it to seomthing else.

fix please
>>
>>3106840
>closed source
>only a windows build
pass
>>
>>3107906
byuu, fix this, bro. please
>>
>>3106942
I think the link cable is hard to find though. Never found one ever.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.