[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Retro Homebrew
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: e7TomKV.jpg (204 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
e7TomKV.jpg
204 KB, 800x534
This is a grey area for the board. The games are new but the hardware is old. If we in fact have any mods who disagree with this being here then that's their call but people have made a lot of cool stuff for retro hardware which we might like to share. So until if or when this thread gets deleted, post & discuss some of your favorite Retro Homebrew titles.
>>
>>3086015
As you can see from the picture I posted in the OP, there's people still making some pretty impressive looking stuff for the Neo Geo. Of course I would be hard pressed to drop $500 on one of them because there's so many other things I could do with that money but the price isn't unfair considering what original Neo Geo games cost when new and adjusted for inflation.

This one is a Metal Slug "homage" I use quotation marks because it looks like they took a lot of assets from the original games unless they're very very good at just making their new visuals just invocative of the source material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9OEt-3CMXI

The same teams has also made some pretty decent looking shmups for the system and that Turrican type game which was released for this and Dreamcast. Yeah they do pretty good work for such a relatively limited audience.
>>
File: 75311016.png (25 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
75311016.png
25 KB, 320x240
I particularly enjoy it though when it's stuff for the weird systems. like that guy who made stuff for 32X. If someone could make a good port of Out-Run for the 32X I would be so on board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahISpH1eMzg
>>
>>3086015
There's no gray area if it runs on the original hardware. The rule is "on platforms launched in 1999", the release date of the game only matters where there's no clear platform (PC games).
>>
>>3086028
I figure there's little demand since you can play on saturn in 60fps mode with a wheel.
>>
>>3086162
Yeah but it's a shame because the 32X was the first system to finally get decent home releases for other AM2 Sega-16 hardware arcade games like Space Harrier & After-burner.
>>
File: eIYGw7yl.jpg (59 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
eIYGw7yl.jpg
59 KB, 580x435
So what happened with this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iR8wwBhYPM
>>
>>3086028
>one frame per second
Okay, maybe this could've been impressive back then, and used for an adventure game like Myst.

I mean - that Doom on ZX Spectrum runs faster than this.
>>
>>3086028
Also, he's mistaken, Doom DOES render 3D - Wolf uses raycasting but Doom doesn't, it uses very simple, but real polygonal 3D.
>>
>>3086028
>mn12bird
Talk about a blast from the past. I wonder how he's doing nowadays.
>>
>>3086183
Still in development it seems, according to the official site.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.