[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>grew up playing N64 and PS1 >have semi-regular dreams
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: generationy52.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
generationy52.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>grew up playing N64 and PS1
>have semi-regular dreams set in fifth-gen 3D environments

Anyone else know this feel?
>>
>>3084290
I had one of those hyper realistic fever dreams after pulling off a three day marathon of gauntlet to 100% on n64.

>finally sit down one uneventful friday after school
>Invite some friends over to fill in the three empty controllers
>It's evening and we had forgotten to buy snacks so they go home
>I stay playing all night seeking out every gem and secret in each level
>Realize it's 7am on Saturday so I go out to the grocery store and buy a ton of snacks because I am not gonna stop until I finish it
>get it all done by Sunday morning
>feel awful as hell from binging on a mixture of different kinds of chips mixed in a bucket and dr. Pepper
>Drink two bottles of water back to back hoping it would help to no avail
>Go to sleep

I was propably half awake trying to get up or something but all of a sudden my sheets were the level with the graphics from the game and scary shit was coming out of the caves my mind projected onto the sheets. Then I hallucinated my friends asking me if I was ok in a weird english that made perfect sense but I couldn't actually say it myself. There was a part in my dream where my character had to press certain buttons or else he would puke, then I failed and puked in real life. Scary stuff.
>>
>>3084468
How old were you
>>
>>3084503
Probably 12 or 13.
>>
not specifically related to fift gen, but I've had dreams where i've been in a bad situation and i've tapped my nose to bring up a pause menu ala banjo kazooie or something and quickly scrolled down to exit game.

Sometimes i would wake up from nightmares like that. Really weird.
>>
Never had any dreams or anything like that but I did once after playing a shit ton of ddr see the game arrows when I closed my eyes.
>>
>>3084983

Happens the same to me when I play too much Puyo Puyo, I keep chaining puyos unconsciously when closing my eyes
>>
>>3084503
18+
>>
I mainly dream about ass
>>
>>3084290
I grew up with SNES and Ive had several dreams that were set in a 2D environment, as if I were playing a game but I can't see anything else other than the screen. Sometimes I would dream about an existing game, other times I'd just dream about something my mind comes up with. Oddly enough, my DKC2 dreams were all really nightmares, even though I love that game. Its probably because of the gloomy atmosphere that impacted me, I reckon.
Also, I often dream about ideal sequels to forgotten games like Super Mario RPG and then I wake up only to be left with the disappointment that they simply will never come true.
>>
>>3084987
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_effect
Also we don't need to know about every dream everyone has had, only if there's something interesting.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.