[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battle Garegga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: o1_500.png (87 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
o1_500.png
87 KB, 480x640
Why is this game viewed so highly?

Is it actually that fun? Or is it because it's good for scoring?

Also, can I have a ship tier list, in terms of 1cc.
>>
>Why is this game viewed so highly?
Because it was quite original, it encourages a pretty unorthdox way of playing.

>Is it actually that fun? Or is it because it's good for scoring?
It's good but you have to spend a lot many hours in the game to play decently. It also has good scoring but that's only if you enjoy these stuff, otherwise 1cc should be fine.

>Also, can I have a ship tier list, in terms of 1cc.
Mahou ships (especially Miyamotto and Bornnam) and Wild Snail are good for 1cc, i recommend Wild Snail ABC. The other garegga ships are hard as hell.
>>
>>3068413
It is fun, but in a strange, masochistic way that only Raizing games are fun. It's got a complex system where the game gets impossibly hard if you start doing good, so you end up doing backwards shit like dying on purpose, passing up powerups, and stuff. Personally, I always preferred Battle Bakraid. The game's much less of a brutal monster fuck and has more planes to choose from.

>tfw, only playable on MAME

I don't know the tier lists for 1cc, but I do best with Wild Snail and Gain. I never beat the game (the last boss is a real bitch), but those two are a good start.

Also, Garegga's Saturn version is better. Play that one, the arcade version is fucked up, requires configuring, and takes fucking forever to load on startup.
>>
>>3068428
Oh also the graphics and music are pretty top and really add to the game, the tension in this stage is pretty crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYCVIVikG50
>>
>>3068431
>the arcade version is fucked up, requires configuring, and takes fucking forever to load on startup.
it takes about 2 seconds to change the region from Europe to Japan, that's it.
>>
>>3068428
Is Chitta any good? I heard that she's probably the weakest character/ship.

Also, can I have some general tips for getting good to keep the rank down? Purely for survival, because my goal is to get far rather than to get high scores.
>>
>>3068446
-Don't max your shot power up until level 6 or 7
-Have not more than 2 options until level 5-6
-Don't stock lives, suicide in some spots of the first 4 levels to keep the rank down

I'd also recommend some basic scoring like chaining medals and flamingoes trick, because the 2 or 3 extends you get to suicide quite help for rank.
>>
>>3068428

Doesn't Wild Snail raise your rank really fast because of the piercing shots?
>>
>>3068535
Yeah but it devastates everything in fewer shots than others also. Bornnam is technically a better choice rank-wise but the weak shot can be tricky for beginners.
>>
>>3068543
>Bornnam is technically a better choice rank-wise but the weak shot can be tricky for beginners.

Dat slow doe...
>>
>>3068545
It's slightly faster than Wild Snail actually, with ABC variant it's all good.
>>
>>3068413
Meme status. Batrider and Bakraid are much better, but people don't respect them as much as Garegga for some reason.
>>
>>3068565
Batrider gets lots of love what are you smoking. And Bakraid is just a lot more generic than Garegga and not as charming.
>>
>>3068431
>I always preferred Battle Bakraid. The game's much less of a brutal monster fuck and has more planes to choose from.
Bakraid when played for score is 10 times more anal than garegga and consists of constant suiciding and to keep a bomb chain timer rolling.

>>3068565
Batrider is equally as loved but is even more dense so it's a lot to take for new players and bakraid is not as popular because the scoring is just weird for most ppl as i already said bomb chain multiplyers and suiciding in precise thought out places to keep the timer rolling, go watch a high scoring play you'l see what i mean.

>>3068413
>Why is this game viewed so highly?
Aside from the obvious aesthetic stuff and namikis timeless detroit techno influenced soundtrack the game is still having new scoring techniques discovered 20 years after it's creation and is just fun to execute and grind, it just never gets old. Very few shmups can match that atmosphere and tension of black heart mk2 appearing on screen for battle.

>>3068428
>Because it was quite original
Well I mean not exactly it is actually a massive homage to Gun frontier and mostly expands on ideas from that game but yeah it went very much further down the rabbit hole, i love both.
>>
>>3068620
Gameplay-wise Garegga shares very little with Gun Frontier, aside from maybe the bomb system.
>>
>>3068628
Not true, Garegga borrows the bomb fragments,bombing landscape for score,rank related to deaths and firing rate, rank increase related to scoring,the popcorns are identical in both style and behavior (although GFs are way more dickish and will point blank), destructible boss parts and bomb tricks. It borrows way more than you think, play it more and you'll see Garegga is mostly expansions of its ideas.
>>
>>3068631
>destructible boss parts
not new
>rank related to deaths
not new
>firing rate
So how it works, each shot = rank increase? there isn't much info about the rank about GF.
So yeah, as i said the similarities are mostly how the bomb system works and are used.
>>
>>3068413
Battle Garegga is fun to say.

You say it out loud a few times, you'll see.
>>
>>3068654
Jesus what a fucking sperg and you are lierally ignoring the biggest fact Yagawa himself says GF is his fave game of all time so although some features may not be "new" the inspiration came DIRECTLY from GF and yes using autofire in GF increases rank as does scoring (see the checkpoint milk) however most still use autofire as it balances out with the increased speed of killing bosses.
>>
>>3068717
>y-you are a sperg because most of the features i said were original in GF are present in older games
whatever fag
>>
>>3068431
>the arcade version is fucked up, requires configuring, and takes fucking forever to load on startup.
Do you run a Windows 98?
>>
>>3068821
And you still can't grasp that yagawa cites gun frontier as his favorite game and inspiration for garegga therefore regardless of what came before gun frontier yagawa took his inspiration FROM gun frontier. Dumb cunt.
>>
>>3069282
>he liked X game so everything he makes is just an unoriginal clone with graphical updates
this is as retarded as you sound
>>
>>3070159
Funny because i said none of those things so maybe learn the language and improve comprehension. Yagawa himself on numeorus occasions has cited Gun frontier SPECIFICALLY as both his favorite game and inspiration for battle garegga, I said nothing about clones or even graphical updates (gun frontier is actually more graphically impressive in some ways to garegga) you absolutely abysmally moronic cunting mongoloid of a human being.
>>
>>3071414
you sound just as suicidal as ygw
>>
File: batmanbemused.gif (180 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
batmanbemused.gif
180 KB, 200x200
>>3071446
uh, he isn't the one desperately fishing for replies, kiddo :^)
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.