[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/CAG/ -Controllers & arcade stick general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 20160311_144934.jpg (4 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
20160311_144934.jpg
4 MB, 4128x3096
Post and discuss all things related to retro controllers and sticks.

pic related is a playstation dual analog stick i got at goodwill yesterday for $10.
>>
I have "basic" electronic skills

How do I go about building my own arcade stick?
>>
>>3063143
Well, the way I built mine was I got some pieces of wood and plexi and cut them to the dimensions i needed, drilled the holes for the button, and got a screw terminal pcb and hooked everything up.

Be aware, when building your own stick, it will come out to be as expensive, if not, more expensive than buying one.

focusattack.com

has all the parts you need so you can get a feel for how much it will cost,

tek innovations has a plexi case that all you need to do is assemble if you dont have power tools/ friends with them
>>
File: IMG_1589.jpg (252 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1589.jpg
252 KB, 1000x667
>>3063193
god damn forgot url.
http://tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=products&cat=12&subcat=&item=120

also posting a picture of my stick a while back.
>>
>>3063143
grab an old busted controller
find the info about it online
grab some buttons and a stick
build a box
solder it all together

it's actually not too difficult depending on the console/controller, PS1 controllers are probably the easiest because the info is easily found and it's pretty cheap
>>
>>3063201
k-k-k-k-k-k-k-k-kill yourself.
>>
>>3063137
>playstation dual analog stick
best controller for RE
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (9 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
9 KB, 300x200
Got the Nyko Super Cobra at Salvation Army for $2 yesterday, the one with Saturn and PS inputs. Pretty pleased.
>>
>>3063426
really? I'm currently playing all the ports on the gamecube I cant really imagine playing on that thing.

also not retro but worth mentioning is that you can use the dual analog stick in analog mode in virtual on marz for ps2. Funny how that game isnt on the list of supported stuff on the wikipedia entry
>>
>>3063193
>as expensive, if not, more expensive
Only if you buy from the wrong places. Which pretty much every hobbyist does.

>>3063212
You'd think after all the threads he's posted that monstrosity in and been told it's shit he'd give up. But no. He's like the deluded mom who keeping shoving her three eyed hairy mutant lobster handed baby in peoples faces saying "Isn't he cuuuuuuute!"
>>
File: D犬 - Ex-TEMJIN.jpg (446 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
D犬 - Ex-TEMJIN.jpg
446 KB, 800x800
I really want to get a Virtual-on controller but fuckers are expensive plus shipping and I don't like the idea of buying a stick for one game. On the other hand I did end up buying a joystick just to play Mechwarrior 4.
>>
>>3063137
YOU LUCKY SOB
>>
Are there any fucking PC USB light guns for crt monitors? None of that laggy IR shit
>>
>>3064331
I know. Thing doesnt have any tar or junk that good will stuff normally does.
>>
That sounds so sick. I think that would be the way to play a resident evil game. I use different controllers depending on the PS1 game I play. PS1 is fantastic because it does this right:

* Huge Library
* Diverse Games
* Excellent hardware (controllers especially)
* and excellent ports of old school arcade games.
>>
File: 8bitdo-16bit.jpg (61 KB, 660x200) Image search: [Google]
8bitdo-16bit.jpg
61 KB, 660x200
Due to a recent 8BitDo SFC30 thread, I bought a Buffalo SNES controller to compare against the SFC30 and the original SNES controller.

The SFC30 is by far superior. The d-pad is soft but not too soft, the buttons are tight and responsive, the overall build quality is very high. I also own a NES30 and just can't recommend 8BitDo enough.

The Buffalo SNES controller feels very "clicky", the buttons have a larger travel, require more force to press, and spring back with more force. They've also gotten the d-pad and ABXY feel around the wrong way. The original controller and "proper" controllers like Sony DualShock have their buttons firm and d-pad soft, but the Buffalo's d-pad is more firm than the ABXY buttons. The Buffalo also feels more "rattly" in that the buttons have more space to move around in their respective holes in the housing, and also feels more cheaply made compared to the 8BitDo controllers.

As much as I love my genuine SNES controllers, they feel old and imprecise when doing a comparison next to all these modern devices. That's to be expected I guess, they are 20~25 years old after all.

So here's my recommendations based on what I own:
* Best for SNES and earlier: 8BitDo SFC30/SNES30
* Best for SNES and later: PlayStation DualShock (PS1, PS2, PS3, whatever)
* Mid-range for SNES and later: Logitech Dual Action, Logitech F310, Logitech F710
* Low-end for SNES and earlier: Buffalo SNES

My next purchase will be a PS4 controller.

>>3063193
Damn that looks sweet.
>>
>>3063137
lucky fellow
>>
>>3063137
how is that stick with armored core?
>>
>>3064313

I have a Saturn twinstick in excellent condition. However, I kind of am still looking for converters for it to Dreamcast.

VON twinsticks are kickass. It saddens me when I remember our old arcade had a pair on the P2 side just be fucked up and loose. Right stick won't stay, the trigger on it is fucked.
>>
http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick.html
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.