[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be 13 >enjoyed final fantasy 7 and 8 >go to game store
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1404402433731.jpg (252 KB, 662x800) Image search: [Google]
1404402433731.jpg
252 KB, 662x800
>be 13
>enjoyed final fantasy 7 and 8
>go to game store
>see legend of mana in the sales bin
>see it's made by Square soft so buy it
>take it home
>have the best damn time I ever had

What a glorious find. Then again, you couldn't go wrong with a squaresoft game back then. Except for chocobo dungeon.
>>
>>3056649
>chocobo dungeon.
Fuck you. That game was great.
>>
>>3056649
one of the best endings on a game.
>>
I had always wanted to play that game and your thread reminded me, so thanks OP.

I'm curious about a few things though...
http://legendofmana.info/walkthrough/events/starting-instructions/
>However, choosing and sticking with the 1H Sword until level 99 is a good bet if you want to get decent, well rounded stats.
>Or, try the following advanced pattern for near perfect stats:
>1H Sword » Level 83
>Staff » Level 96
>Hammer » Level 99

Should someone follow this advice? I noticed the game had spears and I love spears, if a spear playthrough is possible I'd probably want to do that, more or less.

I get my question might sound silly as RPGs are meant to be played in whatever way you wish but
>[...] is a good bet if you want to get decent, well rounded stats
sounds a bit exaggerated, aka "if you don't do at least that you won't get decent stats".
>>
>>3056649
>Except for chocobo dungeon.
And to think your post was so good until the last four words.

>go to game store
>buy Brave Fencer Musashi
>don't like it, decide to return it the next day
>manager says he'll only give me in-store credit
>fuck. what do i choose?
>Hmm, another new squaresoft game. "Xenogears"
>best spur of the moment decision I ever made.
>>
File: 71-087.png (88 KB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
71-087.png
88 KB, 640x448
Duda Dubba Bubu.
>>
>buy Fish Files for Gameboy Color
>Play it for a month
>Dislike it intensely and feel ripped off
>return it
>use store credit to buy loose dreamcast games
>dreamcast ceases to function
>i believe nowadays, Fish Files is one of the rarest GBC games
>>
File: 1436605358195.jpg (64 KB, 640x645) Image search: [Google]
1436605358195.jpg
64 KB, 640x645
>>3056649
>Except for chocobo dungeon.

Nigga, you best be trolling.

>Fun and extensive equipment customization system
>Randomly-generated dungeons keep the game fresh (although the environments admittedly aren't that details as a result)
>Can earn "feathers" that give Chocobo new abilities or let him summon permanent allies
>Post-game content is practically the size of the main storyline quest
>Variety of cool spells and summon stones

Judging from your preference for Mana, maybe Chocobo's Dungeon was too difficult for you. I bet you also thought Vagrant Story was garbage for not holding your hand nearly enough.
>>
>>3056867
Stats really don't matter. Use whichever weapon you desire. Have fun.

Also, the only stat that does make a difference is the HP! one. It affects how quickly you regenerate your hit points while standing still during a battle (while using Crouch, that rate is doubled). However, it is worthless unless you raise it up to 93 by using gloves for almost the entire time (92 levels or so), at which point you can then regenerate 30 hit points per second in battle (60/sec. while Crouching). So you can refill your entire life bar very quickly, if you can sit still without being attacked, but then, the game is so easy that this is unnecessary, anyway.
>>
I bought it not long after it came out. It was amazing. Great replay value, too, since there are so many ways to do things.

I was going through some old game magazines last month (god im such a hoarder) and saw some Legend of Mana bashing, which I did not understand. One mag pretty much said that it was pointless and too non-linear. But that was the point, to not be fucking linear, "go here and do this" bullshit.
>>
>>3056867
Any stat deficit can be compensated through tempered equipment. Even with stat bonuses you'll never exceed 99 and it's possible to craft each individual piece with +20 to all stats totaling to +80 if you take the time to temper all your equips.

That said tempering is its own can of worms and not for the weak of heart.
>>
The only stat that truly matters is Luck, which you can't raise through anything but equipment.

If you're really worried about your stats, just use a game shark to get 99 in everything. You're not going to notice a big difference (except with 99 luck, you are going to get better materials sooner than usual), the majority of your character's power comes from heavily refined equipment.
>>
>>3057581
Luck doesn't matter either though. Easier to just raise a pet Polterbox anyway.
>>
>>3057649
Right, but it has the most notable effect of any of the stats. You can get HP regen through the Phoenix card, more than 5x as fast as have 99 in the HP stat.
>>
>>3057557
>>3057576
Thanks for the replies anons. I'll just play in whatever way I want then.
>>
>>3057581
>>
>>3057661
Ah, pretty neat! I wasn't aware of that. Thanks.
>>
The OST is amazing.
City of Flickering Destruction or Hometown Domina are the top two songs.
>>
>>3056878
>trading a video game for a book
>>
File: he he he he he he.jpg (12 KB, 200x252) Image search: [Google]
he he he he he he.jpg
12 KB, 200x252
>>3057478
>>
I miss Squaresoft and I miss Enix.

Apart from some DQ, like two KH games and FF12 (imo), SquareEnix only had shit releases.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.