[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good way to make money re selling games? I already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
What's a good way to make money re selling games?
I already have a solid job but could use second income.
My hypothetical model would be buying stuff from crackheads off craigslist and flipping it on eBay.
Any tips or other models would be appreciated. Thanks!
>>
wew lad
>>
>>3056646
Your bottom line is really shitty unless you find insane deals like Conkers for 10 bucks.

Its a waste of time. The only reason gamestores are successful is because they literally do not have to source product AND they get it for cheap (like 10-30% of its value)
>>
>>3056667
Exactly. Unless you have a market outside of ebay where you can regularly obtain cheap stock (or you already have a large amount of games to sell), you'll probably wind up being one of those tards who buys on ebay and tries to resell on ebay, either losing money, breaking even, or sitting on an excessive BiN that no one ever pursues.

Maybe you'll have some luck on cl, but you won't be the only one shopping there nor is cl a guaranteed deal. Unless you are very aggressive and very diligent about hitting up all available markets, my feeling is that you'd be fighting for pennies.
>>
1. License the game from the people who hold the rights
2. Reprint the games or release games previously unreleased
3. Sell them
4. ???
5. Profit
>>
>>3056646
buy ps2 and wii stuff and sit on it for 10 years
>>
Buy low and sell high. Are you so retarded that you couldn't figure that out?
>>
Mix in an expensive game into a lot of shit
Make an ad like "My boyfriend dumped me so I'm selling these shitty games"
Take the blurriest pictures you've ever fucking seen
Get 600 dollars for about 15 games because people are dumbasses

Source, an actual eBay auction this year.

I actually considered bidding on it, and thats when I reevaluated my life.
>>
>>3056646
Scum.
>>
>>3056695
basically GoG.
Selling games that are around the net for decades to tech-illiterates in a preconfigured emu package with a shiny doubleclick icon.
>>
>>3057065
Not necessarily tech-illiterates. Also moralfags who think they should give money to companies that inherited the rights to some series.
At least the prices on gog aren't outrageous and they give you bonus content and a free hand to do what you want. Most of the other alternatives are a lot worse.
>>
>>3056646
There are better alternatives for the budding speculator than video games.
>>
>>3056646
You can start by selling your soul.
>>
>>3056761
This for sure. It's disgusting how effective ebay lot sales are. There are so many true retards on ebay.
>>
>>3056646
fuck you
>>
>>3056646
Here's what you do, OP.

1) Gather up all your video game-related stuff. Hardware, software, peripherals, mags, EVERYTHING.
2) Put it up as one giant lot on Ebay, no reserve.
3) Take the money from the autction, and go buy some antique coffee grinders, Beanie Babies, or some shit like that.
4) Enjoy your new life and never post here again.
>>
>>3056646
It's fairly simple but not a consistent source of income.
First find all the local thrift stores, pawn shops and flea markets. You'll get a good idea of what places get games and sell them at ridiculously low prices and what places to absolutely avoid wasting your time with.
Second make friends of the people running the places, it's always a good idea because you'll be there go to because some people will just want the shit gone and nay money is better than no money.
Lastly know how your market, you might get better value selling locally than selling online and what sites you'll want to sell on.

Obviously an extensive knowledge on the value and repairs of hardware and games is a must have not too mention patience.
>>
>build time machine
>travel back 10 years
>stock up on games
>sell games for 5-10 times what you paid if not more
>>
>>>/r/gamecollecting
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.