[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on this game? I'm surprised it didn't make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Virtua Tennis PAL DC-front.jpg (770 KB, 1420x1412) Image search: [Google]
Virtua Tennis PAL DC-front.jpg
770 KB, 1420x1412
Opinions on this game? I'm surprised it didn't make the vsrecommendedgames wiki. It's the only virtua tennis game I have played, but damn I love it. It's so addicting and fun. You constantly want to play and up the difficulty to challenge yourself. Very fun game to progress in. Music is great too.
>>
Shit's awesome, also make sure you check out the sequel (and the later games arent bad either, though not retro)
>>
I have been looking into some Dreamcast sports titles recently because they're as common as dirt and equally as cheap. I normally hate sports titles but an interested in trying NFL/NBA 2K. Are these better than EA cancer? What do they do right?

This is now a Sega sports general?
>>
VT is the best tennis series ever made. It has no bad games.
>>
>>3345391
Fuckn decent
Go for it
>>
>>3345391
Better for sure. EA gets maybe one good sports game every few years and even then nowhere near as good as they were in the 90s. Sega/2K is at least consistent.
>>
1 is pretty arcade-like, the 2nd feels less arcade but it works much smoother and have that world tour thing that is amazingly fun and addictive.
I was lucky playing both in the arcade and fuck, I wanted those machines, it felt so good playing there.

>>3345391
2k series are good, those sports games on the dreamcast were actually the best sports versions in the time. Just the football/soccer games weren't good, they could never get them right.
>>
>don't like tennis
>Virtua Tennis series are all 10/10 games still

VT2 is my favourite. Fantastic games.

I liked how they displayed the game on the VMU, like if you wanted you could play just looking at the VMU. This is absolutely useless though.
>>
I remember the character building mini-games were really fun in Virtua Tennis 2K2.
The most amusing mini-game for me was playing tennis against tanks. It's a shame that a real sports club doesn't offer that kind of thing.
>>
File: Recommended_Dreamcast_Games.jpg (2 MB, 3177x4966) Image search: [Google]
Recommended_Dreamcast_Games.jpg
2 MB, 3177x4966
>>3345276
>it didn't make the vsrecommendedgames wiki
Yes it did.
>>
I have a Sega Naomi (well, two) and I play the second one all the fucking time. Great series.
>>
File: 256px-Segamarinefishing.jpg (17 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
256px-Segamarinefishing.jpg
17 KB, 256x256
>>3349367
>no Marine Fishing

Shit list.
>>
>>3349367
I meant the vsrecommendedgames wiki website. Didn't know about that image
>>
>>3350180
>>3349367
No blue stinger :(
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.