[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Itt games you loved as a kid that you'd never play again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
Itt games you loved as a kid that you'd never play again as an adult because they stopped appealing to you or you grew out of them
>>
So why the Zelda spam, my amigo?
>>
Why the hell does this happen?

I played the FUCK out of super mario world, back in my childhood and my teens, but now it does nothing to me. I have nothing against it at all, it just seems boring now.
>>
>>3336856
>>3336861
I'm fairly certain this is a sign of low intelligence
>>
>>3336861
Idk. Regarding OoT, first time I played it at 12 it was like a playable fairy tail adventure tail and I absolutely loved everything about it. I was so emotionally invested in the game that I would even day dream about playing it in class and couldn't wait to get home just to play it. When it was over I felt a profound sense of melancholy, and my life even felt a little emptier afterwards. It was nuts. Very few games have had this effect on me. In fact the only game that had that effect on me before OoT was Zelda Link's Awakening.

Now however I don't give a shit about the game. Even though I will always cherish that memory of playing it at that age, it's just not something I want to play anymore. Don't care for boring puzzles and completing dungeons. I prefer games to be entirely gameplay based. Can't go wrong with arcade-y gameplay.

>>3336893
I'm fairly sure you're an emotionally stunted manchild that is unable to mature.
>>
>>3336861
Maybe you've grown up? Maybe you've seen the whole game and theres nothing new to you? Either way, it's still a very good game. Also, if you don't enjoy retro games why are you here?

And whats with the zelda spam today, ima sage this just in case
>>
>>3336895
>your brain matured
lol
>>3336902
Pretty sure resorting to petty insults at the first sign of opposition is also a sign of low intelligence
>>
>>3336949
And he's officially butthurt, folks!
>>
>>3336949
Only 150k? You poor soul.
>>
>>3336961
And already cripplingly autistic. Quite the achievement
>>
If you're too old for video games, then you're also too old for shitposting
>>
>>3336967
But I have a beautiful girlfriend and am incredibly successful. Did I mention I'm dashingly handsome?
>>
>>3336856
pre-2000 jrpgs.

I love turn-based, but its getting harder to go back to those. I find myself easily able to enjoy anything on gba/ds/3ds/psp but the older stuff just dont cut it.

maybe its the grinding. im 30, I like to enjoy a run through on a game and get 2hrs in it on a night. I dont have time for an 80hr game. That'd take me a yr to beat...
>>
There are genres that I don't even play anymore. I remember I didn't know about Shadow Warrior as a kid, so even though I played Wolfenstein 3-D, Doom, Doom 2, Duke, etc., I hadn't played Shadow Warrior. So I heard about it, downloaded it, played it, beat the first level, and just never got back into it. It just didn't appeal to me anymore - the speed, the thrill, the rush of going fast and dealing with lots of enemies and having the required extraordinary ordinance to take them out.
>>
>>3336856
Star Fox I guess.
>>
>>3336861
Yeah when I look at games now they seem cold, logical, and lifeless, whereas when I was a kid they were like magical worlds in the TV
>>
>>3339598
this
>>
>>3336856

I like revisiting most of the games I grew up with, but I went back and tried to play the Toe Jam and Earl games and was like what the fuck were you thinking
>>
>>3336919 Browsing 4chan is also another sign of "low intelegence" but hey, I should speak for myself.
>>
File: yoshisisland.jpg (51 KB, 512x448) Image search: [Google]
yoshisisland.jpg
51 KB, 512x448
I loved this game as a kid, now it's just meh
>>
>>3336856
Pokemon
>>
>>3340556
Way more fun of a game with a buddy doing co op.. Might as well not play it at all if you don't have someone to play it with
>>
>>
>>
File: k8IFr7j.jpg (581 KB, 1250x850) Image search: [Google]
k8IFr7j.jpg
581 KB, 1250x850
Chrono Cross. The idea of so many characters and new game+ used to excite me, but it's just so damn long. A lot of RPG's are just too long for me now, though,
>>
>>3344201
Much better than trigger which I say every time this game is brought up.
>>
>>3344207
Still play it once a year. Don't care of it's nostalgia. It's light-hearted, easy and fast-paced. You are very much entitled to your opinion though.
>>
>controller pak
>>
I would say OoT as well, but that's just because I've played it so damn much. I burned myself out when the 3DS remake came out and I 100% both the normal and master quests back to back.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.