[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon quest thread? I mostly want some help with Orochi in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Dragon.Quest.III.full.837020.jpg (2 MB, 2436x992) Image search: [Google]
Dragon.Quest.III.full.837020.jpg
2 MB, 2436x992
Dragon quest thread?

I mostly want some help with Orochi in Dragon warrior III for NES, but I think a thread for Dragon Quest/Warrior is a good idea too right?
>>
I remember Orochi being a tough battle, but I don't remember what strategy I used.
I think my party was Hero, Sage, Warrior, Cleric, if that's of any help.
>>
>>3250470
That's my team. I CAN put him to sleep, but not always. At least not reliably.
>>
I wish there was more art of the DQ classes, like from 6 and 7. FF classes get tons of art but because in DQ you never see your characters in battle no one bothers to draw art.
>>
Just go dick around in the world for a while, the money and exp you get will make Orochi a piece of cake once you come back. Also abuse parry-fight for all it's worth.
>>
>>3250608
>parry-fight
Please explain.
>>
>>3250676

I'm guessing it's using the spell that deflects attacks
>>
>>3250676
If you select Parry in combat and then cancel and select a different action instead, you'll still get the defense bonus from Parry while still being able to do something (except for the last character in your lineup, obviously, since you can't cancel after choosing Parry).

>mfw there are actually people who don't know about Parry-Fight
>>
>>3250449
Don't make the mistake of thinking you have to tackle Orochi right now before you can proceed. It's a very open game, you can come back to kill it after doing other stuff.
>>
Fucking love Dragon Quest. In Japan for the 30th anniversary and always on the lookout for good merchandise and shit. Not a whole lot of good stuff on Okinawa though unfortunately
>>
Which DQ has your favorite world and locations?
>>
>>3251765
>>
>>3251765
III
>>
>>3251765
4, if for no other reason than Aktemto. I know that there were other games with horror motifs and the like, but looking back I still think it was pretty dark for a Nintendo game at the time (specifically in America).
>>
>>3251914
3 in 1, baybee!

>>3251765
>>
>>3251765
I like the First one. I also like how the second one has the first world map in it.

And I grew up with the GBC remake of 3, so that one is nostalgic for me. I've always liked how it was basicly nes map of this world (sort of).
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.