[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Return of /gccxg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
~Everything I Know About Game Center CX I Learned From The Link Below~

http://pastebin.com/u/GCCXGeneral

-Latest Fansubs & Raws-

http://pastebin.com/xUFhJrAe
>>
Is it me or is the SA group the only one doing the translations anymore? It also seems like they've slowed down a lot.
>>
Got into this series recently. It's pretty good. Them trying to beat Adventure Island was a treat.
>>
File: 1411606387743.png (54 KB, 387x320) Image search: [Google]
1411606387743.png
54 KB, 387x320
We /jp/ now?
>>
Since we're free of the shackles of /vr/ and the Specter of grudge-filled anal retention, be sure to check out the actual listing of new raws on NYAA rather than the Pastebin's filtered one.

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=5_20&filter=0&term=cx

Rygar raw is up also. Links to Mega directory found in these torrent listings.

Unfiltered translations here

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=5_19&filter=0&term=cx
>>
>>3238225
I hope not.
>>
>>3238227
I don't browse /jp/ normally, but I wouldn't really mind if we stay here.

I mean this board can't be THAT bad, right? I'm just wondering how often we'll get shitposters telling us to fuck off to another board.
>>
File: 1445370774615.jpg (105 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
1445370774615.jpg
105 KB, 640x426
>>3238228
It's not like you guys could be any worse than the shitty /v/ threads the mods keep moving here.

We already have generals like Idols or Eternal Onahole are effectively self-contained subcultures that don't interact with the rest of the board. You guys should be fine.
>>
>>3238226
I thought the recent episodes were good, although not understanding what he is talking about does take a little enjoyment out of it.

Also, I'm kind of hoping they would make Game Center DX a thing, maybe with Hamaguchi playing games from sixth gen and above.
>>
>>3238228
Generals on /jp/ are fine and you don't really involve with the rest of the board.
>>
>>3238231
>>3238229
How are /jp/'s janitors? These threads have had the same shitposter pop in and out for nearly three years now and on /vr/ they were slow but always managed to clean his shit up.
>>
>>3238232
At worst he'll take half a day to delete stuff and isn't afraid to ban people, even if it's only for a day, though usually it's much faster than that.
>>
The mods pretty much gave up on the last /vr/ thread halfway through. It seems like they wanted it to burn itself out. They deleted the next thread pretty quick. The flame war guy already followed us here. I don't know how this will turn out.
>>
>>3238232
I've interacted with a lot of people on other boards over the years who have admitted to shitposting / "making fun of Arino" in the /vr/ general. Their motivation is almost always because of the strict and often unfair moderation—not the other way around.

Then there are those who seek to cause "drama" by accusing content creators of themselves causing drama, or simply shitting on them hoping for a response (and therefore the drama they claim to abhor). When there are no subs for months at a time, people look for other ways to entertain themselves.
>>
>>3238234
I think it was OPs image with 'WiiU' in the filename that did it.
>>
>>3238236
I think that /vr/ has a new janitor who doesn't like threads like these as the YouTube reviewer general was also removed. Fair enough, I guess. I had a feeling something like that would happen sooner or later.

>>3238226
>Specter of grudge-filled anal retention

To be honest, I'm personally really tired of all this drama that's been going on in these generals for years now. That's why I've decided to include links your encodes in the paste with the latest releases. Check the second Pastebin link if you don't believe me.
>>
>>3238237
Don't give in to him, he doesn't deserve it and not everyone agrees with forgiving him.
>>
>>3238237
Truly we have ascended to a higher level.

You can take the "trusted only" filter off the raw download link to NYAA on the other one and put the blogspot link where appropriate.

There are some upgraded versions of SA translations that were previously only available as low-definition that could be squeezed in as well.

>tfw the name JD was meant to draw misogynistic hatred away from Nina rather than risk loss of continued translation. Inri indeed.
>>
>>3238226
Why are they patebin ones filtered?
>>
>>3238240
0 means no filter. In the Pastebin the link is to filter=2 to show only the "green" releases, which omits a number of raws ranging from .TS streams to low quality mp4s to high quality/bitrate 60fps MKVs.
>>
>>3238237
>To be honest, I'm personally really tired of all this drama that's been going on in these generals for years now.
Specter, the last thread was full of that encoder's own drama. It was one of the worst I've seen on /vr/. He's already posted revisionist lies and bullshit three times in this thread. He'll turn on you again the moment he thinks you looked at him crosseyed.
>>
>>3238240
I think I didn't answer the question of why the Pastebin link was filtered. One reason I can see is that the previous moderator/janitor at /vr/ would flip out at the release group name. It's just a prank, bro.
>>
>>3238242
Links to raws and straight answers to disingenuous questions are drama? What's your post?
>>
>>3238243
>3 years of harassment
>just a prank
No.
>>
>>3238240
That guy uploads things under the name 'vrisfags' to troll the general. Check the /vr/ archive on desustorage for things like 'JD', 'Kakaricho', and 'vr-gccx' for more info if you want to know what this is all about.
>>
>>3238238
>>3238242
Then again, his encodes are too good to ignore. I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt. For now, let's focus on the show instead of him.

>>3238239
I'm not the Pastebin Anon.
>>
>>3238246
For what it's worth VRiSFAGS has also released several thousand hours of classic Doctor Who DVD9 rips at 540p/50fps, including all subtitles and bonus features.

Look for 60fps Reno 911 in the future.
>>
I know it's not GCCX, but is Tokyo Encounter any good? I've seen screencaps of it around and it seems fun
>>
File: 1461405967922.png (86 KB, 268x309) Image search: [Google]
1461405967922.png
86 KB, 268x309
It's time for KACHO ON
>>
>>3238228
One good thing about moving Arino generals here is that we are now free to discuss his Yoiko work, or any Game Center CX-like shows that weren't exactly /vr/ friendly like Tokyo Downtown or From Start till Clear.
>>
>>3238247
>I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt.
I don't think that will end well.
>>
I'm okay with having Arino threads here, but can you please not make it a general? Just make a thread when a new subbed episode comes out.

I like Arino but here on /jp/ we have a trouble with too many generals cluttering the board and I at least would not want another one.
>>
Pretty glad for the change.
>>
>>3238253
We were kicked off of /vr/ and have no home. With all other alternatives like /v/ and /vg/ being too fast and/or shit, and with the slow rate of releases, we're forced to be here.
>>
>>3238255
Exactly my point, with the slow rate of releases, is it really necessary to have a thread 24/7?
>>
>>3238256
There's a new episode every two weeks and the thread will probably still be going then.
>>
>Back to /vr/
Well, okay then.
>>
>>3238255
>We were kicked off of /vr/
???
>>
Are we Ronin now? Wandering from board to board. Never stopping, lest we be caught and killed?

>Ninja games are hard.
>>
>>3238253
I liked those kind of once in a while threads on /v/, most of which always hit the bump limit, all of this before /vr/ was a thing and mindless haters were prontly banned. There was a time where GCCX was actually a sacred thing, before people on /vr/ beat the dead horse.
>>
>>3238337
It's still a sacred thing. Enthusiasm for an everyman gamer showing a slice of life in the very land that owns the damned imageboard is not a bad thing.

I mean, half of the threads on /vr/ at any time are emulatorfags trolling collectorfags. Surely a general that features a man actually playing the games we love can find space on /vr/ while those repeated hourly threads die slow painful deaths.
>>
File: 1445029453994.jpg (116 KB, 298x481) Image search: [Google]
1445029453994.jpg
116 KB, 298x481
>>3238348

>Surely a general that features a man actually playing the games we love can find space on /vr/ while those repeated hourly threads die slow painful deaths.

You'd think that.

And yet, I feel like I've seen way too many shtflinging contests in these threads to believe it.
>>
>>3238564
Hope you got another ten bucks if you're going there to spread such hateful nonsense.
>>
This cross-board relationship with /jp/ is so romantic
>>
I'm glad Toujima has stuck around for all these years. It's always nice to see him make an appearance.
>>
Can we just ignore that shit and focus on the show itself? It demeans the comfy.
>>
So. Drama out of the way and all. Can we stop shitting up this place and talk about Arino?

I just finished the Fatal Fury Special episode. I'm going to miss that bowing sound effect.

Also, does anyone know if a fansub of the second DS game has ever been released? I have Retro Game Master on the DS, and it's one of the best titles I own. I assume 2 would be fun, but I can also see how localization would be a bitch, since it has a text heavy detective game in the lineup in addition to Guadia Quest.
>>
>>3239892
>Also, does anyone know if a fansub of the second DS game has ever been released?
http://www.gccxpatch.com/
>>
>>3239934
>http://www.gccxpatch.com/
Thank you, kindly.
>>
>>3239892
Yes. YES. 2 is fucking brilliant. It was translated a while ago and I think it's in the pastebin, possibly. Someone may have the mega link to the patched ROM somewhere.

As an aside don't touch #3. It's a car crash of a game. Different team.
>>
>>3239937
No problem. I saw this walkthrough of the detective game in the pastebin too. I don't know if it's linked from the patch page somewhere or hidden.
http://www.gccxpatch.com/extras.html
>>
>>3239941
>As an aside don't touch #3. It's a car crash of a game. Different team.
This. Sad thing is the original dev team got noticed by Nintendo for their work on the GCCX games and they ended up develeoping the Famicom / NES Remix games right when they would've been developing the third GCCX game.
>>
I really don't get why there are some few people who have been trying to destroy these threads for so many years now.
Like we're going into the 4th year of hatred now.
How can someone be this dedicated on killing a fan community of a random TV show just because the lone subbers don't want to get deep into the warez scene rivalry? It's crazy.
>>
So, I'm in episode 79 -Layla.

Is the Chief banging AD Watanabe?

He's always summoning her for rides, or body movement arcade co-op, or snacking where he's likely to share. Ice cream, dumplings, etc. Even feeding each other with the ice cream. But at this point in the show, he's married.

Is Arino just abusing his position to get some slampiggy action?
>>
>>3238228
> I'm just wondering how often we'll get shitposters telling us to fuck off to another board.
Probably about as often as shitposters telling the doom general to fuck off to /vg/, this has happened since the first year of /vr/
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-03-24-14h29m23s434.png (808 KB, 1280x738) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-03-24-14h29m23s434.png
808 KB, 1280x738
>>3240190
Arino and most of the ADs got to be really good friends over the time.
Just look at he and the staff carry over Nakayama and Inoue even way after their deeds as ADs.
They're a small team that's been burned together by the success of a small show that has gone off the charts.
>>
>>3240629
Same gig
>>
>>3240629
>>3240630
She's a D not an AD. Not sure what she was before. AP?
>>
>>3240719
Well, in Episode 79, which I was referencing, she was listed as AD. So maybe she was an AD before she was a D. After that, she was at least a DD. Maybe larger. She's a pretty big girl.

for you
>>
There's a new Pokemon Nintendo Channel in the pastebin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye52EuvJ21Q
>>
>>3241394
>kacho playing first gen
oo
>>
http://thelastcontinue.com/3ds/new-game-center-cx-pokemon-red-green-challenge/

It seems there's a tamage on the next episode.
>>
>>3240145
Issues, man. Just put it down to personal issues. I honestly worry how someone can be so obsessed with such hate and function as a normal human being.

It's really just pathetic.

On topic though, just snagged the Retro Game Master eps with the Jap Dub. They're the only ones I've missed so tonight I have booze, snacks and I'm gonna get comfy.
>>
Oh my goood Arino's gonna catch 'em all!
>>
>>3241394
>>3242221
Glad to see Matsui again.
Pretty sure he's playing the other version to make sure he can get the Green exclusive and the exchanges only evolution
>>
>>3241394
Paras is Mushroom Pokémon
Mushroom = kinoko
Arino calls his Paras "Inoko"

my fucking sides
>>
>>3241394
It also says they're putting it on TV this Saturday.
>>
Ok, so I'm a die hard arino fan. I've tried to watch AVGN, and can't stand the few episodes I watched. The guy just never has fun. I've enjoyed Game Grumps, but the crazy long format isn't really my thing.

So, not trying to start a flame war here, I just need a recommendation. What's a good youtube channel for people that like Arino's laid back style?

What does a GCCX fan watch between releases of GCCX subs?
>>
File: Arino Sentai Abunaiger.jpg (194 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Arino Sentai Abunaiger.jpg
194 KB, 1280x720
>>3243205
>What does a GCCX fan watch between releases of GCCX subs?

tokusatsu
>>
>>3243210
Ok. now, how about something related to retro gaming. If I want to watch old Japanese stuff, I have a Godzilla film collection to get through.
>>
>>3243205
Raws
>>
>>3243365
Raws bore me. I like to actually know what they are saying. If I learn a new language, it's going to be Mandarin or Spanish, just so I can use them in my career as well.
>>
File: ArinoPants2.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ArinoPants2.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>3243382
Missing out on things that transcend language.
>>
http://otn.fujitv.co.jp/gamecenter/index.html

Cho Aniki next week.
>>
>>3243765
I assume the important announcement will be about the Kumamoto benefit on June 5th. They'll probably show some of it a few episodes later.
>>
>>3243765
That"s the very first one, right?
>>
>>3244576
That's right.
>>
>>3244812
>Cho Aniki next week
>PCE game
>not retro

Why do you even care? seriously. It's a show that is only watched by people that care about retro games. This is not a particularly fast moving board where space is precious. If you don't like these threads, then hide it and move on, like any reasonable person. How hard is it to hold shift and click on the thread?
>>
>>3244812
>You realize that no-one wants you here right?

Stop repeating what people have been telling you since the fifth grade anon. It doesn't apply to others, only you.
>>
>>3243765
Is the SA forum flipping out over Cho Aniki because it's over-the-top weird musclemen in space fighting electronic Elvis trains in a shooting game or because of the special announcement having something to do with Nina's recent work?
>>
>>3245172
I think flipping out is just kind of what SA does.
>>
>>3245190
Well the June 5 thing has already been announced according to our former tripcode-using poster. And Nina seems to be implying something. But it's hard to tell since they're so jazzed over the musclemen.
>>
Is there a complete or near-complete raw series torrent? I want to get every episode but can't be fucked getting them all individually
>>
File: arino.raws.are.here.png (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
arino.raws.are.here.png
10 KB, 250x250
>>3245991
The high quals will go fast since each is on Mega.
>>
>>3246051
This whole tirade was you, right?
>>3239372
>>3239403
>>3240906
>>3240957
>>3240965
>>
>>3246051
okay now put them in one folder and maybe I'll care
>>
>>3246110
So wait a few years and maybe you can grab them at 1 KB/s from some torrent. Or donate big bucks to pay for a Mega large enough for one folder with them all. 50 GB limit.
>>
>>3246110
Or make a new Mega or three and do that thing where you add a file to your account instantly for each one, then download them all at once.
>>
>deleted comments and e-drama; The Thread

Literally every time
>>
>>3246614
It's not our fault he still comes here.
>>
File: 1435692657141.jpg (38 KB, 473x357) Image search: [Google]
1435692657141.jpg
38 KB, 473x357
>>3243765
>Cho Aniki next week.

S E X Y
E
X
Y

D Y N A M I T E
Y
N
A
M
I
T
E
>>
>>3244871
I see. I wish he would play one of the sequels, they are much more crazier.
>>
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=815673
>>
>>3249502
is that the same as the Nintendo channel episode?
>>
>>3249538

Yes, a better quality version.
>>
>>3249540
I may get it so I can rewatch it later. I'm curious about the next part because I have no idea how is he supposed to fill the pokedex without trying to beat the game. Maybe they should've told him to play at home like with other long challenges.
>>
>>3249502
>http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=815673

No offense but it's Red and Green, not Blue. Blue is the one the Western Releases are based on.
>>
>>3251143
Yeah I noticed later on but too late to change it I guess, you are welcome to rename the file if you download it.
>>
>>3251892
Your translator script is just too good, recommending Pocket Monsters Red and Blue.
>>
>that final fight episode

kek

did they ever try Final Fight 2?
>>
What I don't understand is why did Arino go to Vietnam for? You can tell he didn't enjoy his trip there very well. Except he got to mess with the locals there with different vietnamese phrases like "I LOVE YOU" or DONG.

But what I want to ask is, what would you guys do if you were in his shoes?
>>
>>3253352
Suck it up as it's my job as a Japanese light entertainer to endure inane bullshit while on camera.
>>
>>3253352
I thought he seemed to be having a lot of fun, and the scenes with the rich Vietnamese kids were fucking gold. People reacted well to him joking around with his phrase sheet and he really enjoys that shit when going abroad.

Vietnam certainly isn't where you go to play video games but honestly to me it just seems you're projecting because there weren't enough games for you, Arino doesn't give a shit if he goes five minutes without playing.
>>
somebody get the dvd episodes back on the fucking site, holy shit

no i dont wanna hear that english announcer anymore, i really tried so many times but his voice is the fakest shit. give me the old plain subs.
>>
>>3241290
kek.
>>
>>3253656
Just search for the retro game master torrent anon you'll find the original
>>
>>3253352
I liked it better than the Paris special myself. The USA trip is still the best, though.
>>
Is it weird that I had a dream last night that I was sleeping in a bed with Arino? He was apparently the uncle of a buddy of mine from college (who was chinese) we were hanging out in his dorm room and took a nap.
>>
File: CjtIhUeUkAI1MFa.jpg large.jpg (190 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
CjtIhUeUkAI1MFa.jpg large.jpg
190 KB, 1024x1365
>>
>>3253656
>>3254112
the one on TPB is dual-audio i think. lern2torrent
>>
>>3256461
That was my face too when I last tried to play Pokémon
>>
>>3256461
I wonder how he's going to catch Mew.
>>
>>3258557
Japan had a promotion for it in the VC versions when they came out (Alongside the Mew for the current games), they probably have one to give him at the end
>>
File: 1403650764775.jpg (24 KB, 353x372) Image search: [Google]
1403650764775.jpg
24 KB, 353x372
>Page 9
>>
Has Arino ever been made aware of Startropics.
It's a shame it never came out in Japan, I'd've liked to have seen him play it.
>>
>>3256461
>/vp/ meets arino
>>
>>3261204
Well, they even haven't played Mother yet, which is what you can call the Japanese version..
I guess they never really will play any big adventure and RPG games, since they will just take way too long. Maybe some specials, but even then..
>>
>>3261185
let it die already
>>
>>3262270
You're thinking of the wrong series. They played a little of Earthbound/Mother 2 in one of those Nintendo Channel episodes. Startropics doesn't have a Japanese version.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (38 KB, 1072x285) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
38 KB, 1072x285
So apparently zari-gani is done with her special project for the show.
I really hope that means that we'll get some new real GCCX subs soon.
>>
Cho Aniki is a two-parter, it seems.
>>
>>3262951
She did the illustrations for Kan's new book.
http://blog.fujitv.co.jp/gamecenter/E20160603002.html
>>
I was expecting more out of the important announcement than Shikoku info we already knew.
>>
>>3262303
I know. I was comparing them for being very similar. You could say that Startropics is a heavy localisation of mother in some sort.

Anyway, the Nintendo Channel episodes are mostly different to the normal TV episodes..
>>
>>3263975
You should follow your own advice because you're looking like a total retard right now, kid
>>
>>3255124
BOOOOOOOORN IN THE USA

He needs to make a NY tour.
>>
I guess the OP got a Cho Aniki raw a few hours ago.

https://mega.nz/#!6ZlGFaTB!AQiHZHuF7barVoEpuFgpMnzA0ay3oIGyvdxy3X4Lkao
>>
Is there a reason no one discussing Game Center dx release. I mean it had toujima and everything
>>
>>3266464
yes. because check what board we are on.
>>
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=817744
>>
>>3266464
It was ok, I guess..

It's just not the real deal
>>
Three GCCX specials are being re-aired on July 3 at 5 PM in 4K resolution? What madness is this?
>>
>>3270062
Isn't Shikoku the first thing they're shooting in 4K?
>>
>>3270159
They've probably been shooting in 4K for a while now. A couple seasons back you can see the increase in quality. Colors get a little more rich.
>>
>>3270159
Well maybe they were just showing the other specials to hype us up while he ate ice cream. I guess it's a Hikari TV only "Shikoku" special. Maybe one of the 200 people who have that service will be a GCCX fan and tell us about it.
>>
There seems to be something wrong with the site, a Cho Aniki raw link disappeared for some reason.

220 Cho Aniki

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=817943

https://mega.nz/#!UBB0SJJQ!zsWbA-EAQ8cK_fDd571cTJ6qTacTKALeCJgmwX5WmhM
>>
Those Japanese foods are really intriguing.

As much as I want to try that squid on a stick Arino always munches on, I also want to try Natto (which is pretty much just slimy fermented soy beans if I understand that correctly) even though people say it stinks really bad.
>>
>>3266464
Where's that shit at? I love Hamaguchi.
>>
>>3266464
I think in part it just got posted really late in the last thread and some people didn't catch it.
>>
>>3272840
It was the subject of the OP of an entire thread. The thread was deleted because discussing non-retro content on the board is not allowed. The OP has also not been seen since.

This thread was made in /jp/ but moved to /vr/ by means of moderator caveat. Keeping in mind these two actions, people are rightfully nervous about discussing the DX program in any form. If the thread loses its spot in /vr/ there is no hope for it at /vg/ or /v/ or /tv/ and it is not welcome at /jp/.
>>
>>3272865
>The OP has also not been seen since.
Specter is here without his trip. You took another swipe at him when this thread started and he replied to you.
>>
>>3272943
Not sure about that and not sure about taking swipes at anyone. Just did a ctrl-f and still don't see the trip in the thread. Still seems like people are reluctant to discuss the episode and its content.
>>
>>3273350
Been fine here since around the beginning of /vr/. The problem is JD. Want to know what's happening? You need to go back to October 2013. See this thread for details:
https://warosu.org/vr/thread/S1147753

Unless of course, you are JD and just trying to pretend like everyone else is the problem again.
>>
File: 1416139747047.jpg (58 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
1416139747047.jpg
58 KB, 512x288
>>3273409

>October 2013

Fucking hell, it's been that long already? Felt like it could have been only about a year since I proofread the Ikki script.

That probably means I haven't updated Music To Kacho On To: VG Edition in years too. Need to get on that some day.
>>
File: 9136625.jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
9136625.jpg
39 KB, 500x500
>still no Dynamite Headdy sub

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>3274806
I'd rather have them sub Zelda II or Ape Escape two-parters first.
>>
>>3276125
I want them to fill in the missing gaps in the older seasons. I'd really like the Yuji Horii interview done. I love DQ and it would complete a crucial gap. That and Mansion of Hidden Souls
>>
>>3277810
The extant copy of #106 is an old DivX rip at around 188p, potentially stripey. Unconfirmed reports speak of a high definition .TS having been spotted at a now-defunct private server. Meijin might have to wait some more in order to be honored with proper quality.
>>
File: keyring_016.jpg (621 KB, 800x1778) Image search: [Google]
keyring_016.jpg
621 KB, 800x1778
damn some people really hate pie.
>>
File: keyring_021.jpg (488 KB, 800x607) Image search: [Google]
keyring_021.jpg
488 KB, 800x607
>>
File: VnhaPDn.jpg (218 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
VnhaPDn.jpg
218 KB, 1280x960
>>3278028
>>3278030
I made this
>>
>>3277810
i agree
>>
>tfw I finally caught up to the most recent subbed episodes and have nothing else to watch

what do I do now, lads?
>>
>>3278892
Go watch The Knick, then come back again when you're finished.
>>
>>3278174
I feel bad she bonks her head so much. Ki should wear a helmet.
>>
>>3278174
I want one
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-08-22h30m12s595.png (366 KB, 704x416) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-08-22h30m12s595.png
366 KB, 704x416
>>3277834
This looks...pretty good to me and much better than the old subs anyway
>>
>>3279862
Who's that guy?
>>
>>3280115
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koichi_Nakamura
>>
File: o0pWAVN.png (762 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
o0pWAVN.png
762 KB, 1920x1080
Kekkerino
>>
File: CAfbpmR.png (839 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CAfbpmR.png
839 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>3282609
kill it with fire
>>
>started watching GCCX in december
>since then, they've subbed like one episode per month at most

has it always been like this? how did they get to episode 199 to start with?
>>
>>3283663
by skipping half the series
>>
File: elite salt.webm (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
elite salt.webm
3 MB, 480x360
>>3283663
They've always picked the episodes they liked the most to sub first.

I started watching a couple years ago and the subs were practically scattered over all seasons with huge gaps in between.

The ability to watch the series chronologically is a very new thing.

One episode per month is pretty much the average, but there can be longer pauses like we have right now because the main subber worked on Kan's new book.

I usually just watch Gaki no Tsukai (webm related) while waiting for new Kacho subs.
>>
>>3284960
why aren't more fansub groups involved in this? you see lesser known animes that get fansubs by different groups yet only SA translates GCCX. I've seen like 3 or 4 episodes done by other groups but that are episodes that were already translated in the first place, like, wtf is the point?
>>
If one/some of you could make preliminary timing placeholder subtitles for, let's say, the Zelda 2 eps I'd be interested in translating them. Would also need some QC up in there afterwards though.

Timing is so fucking boring IMO, not interested in doing that shit myself. You guys keep complaining about the lack of fansubs but I'm not seeing you putting in any kind of work to do anything about the situation.
>>
>>3285094
Read the thread in the archive. The encoder who ruined subbing here years ago is still here. The LC group even tried to work with him after that and ended up stopping translating completely because they couldn't deal with him. He'd abuse you into wishing you never started.

If you're ever going to translate then the first thing you should do is ask SA what they're working on so you don't overlap. You'd also need a safe place to work away from possible drama.
>>
>>3284960
>>3285252
I bet the head SA subber will have time to crank out a few translations soon since she's done with Kan's book.
>>
File: FART PANIC.png (801 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
FART PANIC.png
801 KB, 1280x720
>>3284994
Most subber groups are in it for the anime warez scene fame, which doesn't include variety shows besides idol shit like AKB48.
They don't care about what they sub, they just want to be the first to release popular mainstream stuff.
>>
>>3285308
SA is a "group" that subs GCCX because they like the show.
Most other subbers just sub for the sake of scoring retarded mad scene points and "beating" their "competitors".
>>
>>3285261
We have to give credit to Kakaricho desu.

He went from being a tripfag on here to being a semi regular member of the actual subbing group.

He's probably the most productive thing that has ever come out of these generals.
>>
>>3285324
He only translates a couple episodes a year though.
>>
>>3285252
What thread in the archive? Is the encoder you say 'ruined subbing' the fags guy? I have no idea what the 'LC group' is either.

I really like the fags guy's encodes so I was planning to get in touch with him, can you explain to me (in plain English, don't assume any pre knowledge) how he abused the previous groups into quitting so I can understand why this is a bad idea?

And yeah I guess I could ask SA what they've got cooking before lots of time ends up wasted on duplicate efforts.

Anyway, I'd really like a timer to help out and maybe also do all the styling because I really don't have any interest in fansubbing outside of the actual translation work.
>>
>>3285552
LC just posted he was "having problems with his group" but he was talking about tzn going silent. Fags guy is still there.
>>
>>3285552
[email protected] is the deal
>>
>>3285552
>What thread in the archive?
Read this thread now in the archive and the old thread archive posted a few days ago.
https://desustorage.org/vr/thread/3238222
>>
>>3285552
see
>>3273409
>>
>>3285985
>>3285986
Maybe you'll actually destroy subbing if you try hard enough.
>>
>>3285552
Previous group quit and didn't want the encodes to get any traffic so they said they were quitting because of the encoder. The timer was lazy and the translator had gotten an offer from SA. They like drama though, they're both shitposters here when they drop trip. Fags guy is quality poster as reflected by three years of quality encodes.
>>
File: 1464636342194.gif (459 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
1464636342194.gif
459 KB, 384x288
It's sad to see autistic losers trying to stir shit up in such a comfy scene
>>
>>3285552
Just read the archives. You can't get a straight answer in a thread anymore because that encoder will praise himself in the third person and post lies and half truths like this >>3286030
>>
>>3286052
Strange that every time they smell a potential for more episodes to get translated they try to shut it down. All you ever hear in the quietude is complaints that there aren't enough translations.
>>
>>3286562

>>3286061
>>
>>3286562

FYI, all of this is a total lie. I almost feel like this was written by Christian Weston Chandler.
>>
>>3286741
I think we've established that you're the liars, who will stop at nothing to prevent translations for the show you claim to enjoy.
>>
>>3287549
What question do you need an answer to? No, the Scott Pilgrim DVD bonus interview was never seen on Perfect Dark. VRiSFAGS is on private FTPs, not hanging around Japanese P2P...unless searching for full DVD9s.
>>
>>3287549
That's a long way to come to the conclusion that he's, what is described, as a mentalist.
>>
>>3287830
You would have to dig it out of the archive for this thread since it got deleted, but I asked him if "everyone in this thread was out to get him, why not take a hint and leave?". He responded with a rant that got deleted, ignoring the question altogether.
>>
>>3288749
Did you read the archived threads you keep posting? He swore he would continue to post quality work and not be brought down by the negativity here. He's done so for almost three years and it seems he'll continue.
>>
>>3288749
>I asked him
You just replied to him now. That's him and so is this >>3288751
>>
>>3288751

>>3286061
>>
>>3288932

>>3286061
>>
File: 1463849912185.jpg (19 KB, 258x363) Image search: [Google]
1463849912185.jpg
19 KB, 258x363
>>3286619
>>3288767
>>3289454
>>
>>3287830
thats not true, ive personally seen it on PD, and i regret not downloading it
>>
>>3283663
More like one real episode per 4 months.
>>
File: dancing eyes.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dancing eyes.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>3243205
>>3243235
Tokyo Encount
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ6kIXO_SYo

How many Pokemon can he only get from trades?
>>
>>3292605
>Only 3 translated episodes aeons ago on nyaa.se

dropped
>>
>>3285261
She's definitely back to work. SA just released Mansion of Hidden Souls.

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=821069
>>
>>3294627
>.webm
>>
>>3294360
>http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=821069

So, they started using softsubs, huh? I don't mind it at all, but it's a pretty surprising change considering that they always wanted to make things as idiot-proof as possible.
>>
>>3294852
Those are hardsubs not soft
>>
>>3294360
Inoue will never stop amusing me
>>
That crane game with all the empty slips was some next-level bullshit even by crane game standards.
>>
>Season 20: Episode 6 (#222) "______ 2" premieres on Thursday, July 7th.

Any ideas? Adventure Island 2 maybe?
>>
>>3295368
It could be Mega Man X2, but I don't know if they'd want to do another guaranteed double episode challenge this early in the season.
>>
>>3295076
I loved how harsh the lady was.
>>
>>3295368
I was just looking at the list. I was about to say Sonic 2 but it says it'll be on the Mega Drive DVD. Also the new AD is apparently Hirotaka Watari.
>>
>>3295646
It's funny how they just subbed Mansion of Hidden Souls and that's on the DVD too.
>>
>>3294360
mega? or something similar? (i cant use torrents)
>>
>>3295646
Shit, I was hoping this won't be the case. We'll probably never see it subbed seeing as SA doesn't want to sub DVD exclusive challenges anymore.
>>
>>3295724
I bet they'll sub it eventually. There's just so many more TV episodes for them to focus on. Maybe they'll get to it sooner if the interest is high.
>>
>>3295646
mega drive dvd? what are you talking about?
>>
>>3295835
Look at the episode list in the pastebin. It comes out on September 2.
>>
are there gonna be more pokemon red and blue eps? or was it just that one
>>
>>3296025
>Vol.1
There will be more.
>>
>>3296025
>>3296039
And it's technically red and green.
>>
>>3295872
OH SHIT KIKI KAIKAI CONFIRMED FOR SHIKOKU
>>
Man, the Chase HQ episode turned out real good thanks to Nancy's top walkie-talkie performance
>>
>>3296205
>Kakaricho sees this and does a wiki search and rushes an edit on his last SA post 3 minutes later
>>
>>3296297
>Implying the poster didn't copy it.
>Implying the Pastebin didn't say it was Pocky and Rocky, which was the sequel.
>>
>>3296323
>4chan post 23:15
>SA edit 23:18
>>
>>3296323
Not the guy you're replying to but I went into the thread and checked, the post here was made 3 minutes before that faggot edited his on SA. What a desperate cunt rushing over there immediately with his great "scoop"
>>
>>3296332
Gonna add it to your conspiracy theory list?
>>
>>3296323
It says the PC Engine version is Japan only and the series is known as Pocky & Rocky. Not this game.
>>
>>3296339
>>
File: Untitled.png (4 KB, 446x62) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4 KB, 446x62
>>3296340
Backing this up. The list guy's last edit was 10 minutes before this >>3296205 post.
>The PC Engine version of KiKi KaiKai was never released outside of Japan. The Western name of this series is Pocky & Rocky.
I don't know if this was the last line he edited, but that's what it said at the time and what it says right now.
>>
File: Natsume.jpg (6 KB, 266x109) Image search: [Google]
Natsume.jpg
6 KB, 266x109
>>3296340
>>3296404
I think one of the SA posters actually is confusing it with Natsume's Pocky & Rocky because Kakaricho didn't specify. The PC Engine game is from Taito.

Also for Kakaricho, 四国/4K is obviously an intentional pun, as is KiKi KaiKai/KKKK/4K.
>>
>>3296404
>>3296343
I can also confirm. Sounds like something a terrorist would do, stealing from /vr/. What a pathetic faggot.
>>
>>3296586
I assume this is JD. I've read the old threads and the emails. I realize Kakaricho repeatedly sneaking back in here is part of why you keep coming back to stir shit up, but that doesn't excuse it. Kakaricho is not a shitposter like you, but I think the threads would be a much nicer place if both of you took your ego war somewhere else.
>>
>>3296658

this. p sure even here interforums drama is an offense
>>
It does look like PCE KiKi KaiKai to me. It's at the end after the hint.

https://mega.nz/#!GcEERSzZ!DVy8nm9xRvgIkwEtd4prj63KE7eWc9NT5Wz2pjIoXJ4
>>
>>3296276
Did I miss the subs happening on that one?
>>
>>3294360
non torrent link plz
>>
>>3297837
No, that's not subbed yet.
>>
>>3296658
I've been trying to tell you for three years that I'm not the shitposter(s). They swarm to me like flies to shit. People need to calm down or else you're playing into their schemes. They want to crap up the threads and make them become dead. Let translators, encoders, and subbers work in harmony to glorify GCCX and increase translation output.

I didn't post a single thing in these thread for a year and a half but people still constantly accused others of being JD. I just want to do quality work. All I ever wanted. I can make subs as shiny as my encodes. I wish to. I do not think you're fags. I do think it's funny to have that release name, having taken a lot of crap in here. I wish you all to recognize this and find it amusing with me while we revel in increased sub output.
>>
>>3298357

>>3286061
>>
>>3298420
These are full truths in the first person. Read all the archives and get the full story. Or we can move on together and let's get something working. Yes I flipped out three years ago. False flag scapegoating got my goat. I was responding to a series of events that felt unfair and unwarranted. A lot of other people were flipping out too but they don't have names, or hide them. Or hide their motives, or both. I'd rather bring the thunder together than steal anyone's.
>>
>>3294894
Who the hell hardsubs .mkv videos?
>>
>>3298845
I'm not sure that they realize the container file can hold the fonts as attachments along with the .ass and .aac and h.264 tracks.
>>
>>3296658
Watch yourself mate, I got a warning for attempting to reason with JD from a janitor/mod.

Oy, this new episode. I really wish they had done Vice Project Doom instead. The best part about this one was the fucking candy store visit.
>>
>>3298864
People have wanted the Project Doom game subbed in here for over the years at this point. It will be done soon, along with Dynamite Headdy and Captain Tsubasa since they're finishing up season 16. Maybe even next since the others are double episodes.
>>
File: badge013.jpg (587 KB, 800x780) Image search: [Google]
badge013.jpg
587 KB, 800x780
>>3278028
why do people bag on the ToR illustration / art? I think it has that old 80s feel to it.

Like this image of Ki. It has a unique style.
>>
>>3299028
I bet that the Cho Aniki two-parter will get subbed before they wrap up Season 16. I don't see Tsubasa episodes being translated anytime soon, honestly.
>>
>>3299186
Tsubasa's second episode is pretty low quality and the game has a ton of screen text. Good bet they'll leave it for last.
>>
>>3299064
that pin is so cool
>>
This guy sucks at games.
>>
File: madoola.jpg (309 KB, 620x876) Image search: [Google]
madoola.jpg
309 KB, 620x876
>>3299064
I love 80s anime girls. The Wing of Madoola. Arino also played this.
>>
>>3298864
Not for me. I can understand action games pretty well without subs. Text based episodes are the ones I want most done.
>>
>>3300324
He's no DSP for sure
>>
File: GainaStance.jpg (147 KB, 498x750) Image search: [Google]
GainaStance.jpg
147 KB, 498x750
>>3300345
It is well-established that 80s anime girls are the best.
>>
>>3294360
>this still isn't on the gamingcx website
GOD DAMMIT
>>
File: Valkyrie_(Namco_x_Capcom).jpg (13 KB, 241x260) Image search: [Google]
Valkyrie_(Namco_x_Capcom).jpg
13 KB, 241x260
>>3300345
i'd like to see Arino take on one of the Valkyrie games
>>
>>3301067
>tfw she destroyed me in Tales of Eternia and can't beat here without a cheap and long method
>>
>>3300971
Are her and the communist girl better than Rei and Asuka?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.