[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the reasons for wanting to do the Shadow Temple after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 12_Shadow10_Large.jpg (266 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
12_Shadow10_Large.jpg
266 KB, 800x600
What are the reasons for wanting to do the Shadow Temple after the Spirit Temple?

After clearing the Water Temple, the game guides you to the Shadow Temple: Kakariko is on fire, you learn the Nocturne of Shadow, and you are told to get the Lens of Truth in the Bottom of the Well. Not to mention, you need the Lens of Truth to get to the Spirit Temple anyway, and you're already in Kakariko, so why WOULDN'T you do the Shadow Temple first?

Also, the Spirit Temple is way more climactic as a final temple because you go to Ganondorf's hometown, utilize both young and adult Link, and fight Ganondorf's surrogate mothers. Shadow Temple has no such thematic reason to be the final temple.

Literally the only reason I could see anyone being compelled to do Spirit first is because of the placement of the medallions and songs on the subscreen, which is flimsy compared to all of the railroading towards the Shadow Temple the game does.
>>
I did it because I felt like doing it that way. What are you going to do about it?
>>
Spirit temple is one of the better temples though and a lot of fun to do earlier rather than later
>>
>>3237987
There is no reason
>>
No reason, it's still good to be able to make temples in different order. You can also do the water temple before the fire temple (which makes the dark link fight harder since you wouldn't have the hammer)
>>
I wish there was a romhack that allowed you to do all temples out of order. There are only shitty hookshot roadblocks that need to be removed.
>>
>>3238067
I know you can do Fire before Forest. The only thing you'll miss is the dungeon map or compass or something.
>>
>>3238081

Imo nintendo put in too many bullshit shoot the eye or hit this rusted switch for no reason other than railroad you into completing temples in order. Almost all of them are 99% beatable without items from previous temples. Except for Shadow Temple that requires the bow for its boss.
>>
>>3238098
Pretty sure you can do Bongo Bongo with just the hookshot actually.
>>
>>3238067
You can do them out of order if you really want to. I did it all the time as a kid and sometimes did multiple temples at the same time. If the water temple frustrated me i would go to the forest, and so on.
>>
OP your autism is kicking in hard right now. Step away from the computer and go outside for some fresh air.
>>
>>3238541
Where do you think we are?
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 256x224
>>3238067
Found one
>>
>>3238891
/thread
>>
>>3238025
Din's Fire, yo.
>>
>>3238025
>>3241550
Or just use Biggoron's Sword.
>>
>>3242461
Can you even get that so early in the game? I usually get it near the end, but it's been a while.
>>
>>3238067
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:mqI-9JqLaXcJ:forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php%3Ftopic%3D2032.0+

The Beta Quest mod is an entrance randomizer
>>
>>3238025
There's at least one rusted switch in the water temple IIRC
>>
>>3242467
You can get Biggoron's sword before you do any of the temples.

>>3242648
IIRC the rusted switch is totally optional. You only need the bow to get through water temple.
>>
Hold off getting humped by ReDeads until later.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.