[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IIT: Regrets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: sup_guide2.jpg (916 KB, 1932x2576) Image search: [Google]
sup_guide2.jpg
916 KB, 1932x2576
I traded in my lightly used copy of Superman 64 to gamestop in 2005, and got about $5 store credit. (I used the money to buy Burnout:revenge) I wish I kept the game.
>>
>>3221165
>he actually misses Superman 64
Aww. Believe me when I say a lot of people wanted this game to be good. I was expecting something cool and got something really really different. Game is unexpectedly glitchy.

There's said to be a completely redone PS1 version by another developer but it never got released. A shame really. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wm4DtkdrG0
>>
>>3221172
As a kid though I just worked around and with the glitches as they happened. I was blissfully unaware of how bad the game was. yeah i stuck in walls sometimes or characters would disappear or I'd randomly die. but to me that was part of the challenge. I was such a sucker then
>>
pricecharting currently values a loose copy at 7 dollars. You wouldn't be breaking the bank if you really want it back, OP.
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 254x233) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 254x233
>>
>>3221172
That basically looks like Mega Man Legends, just with Superman. Seems like the same playstyle and even camera controls.
>>
Back in 2002 I was convinced that I was tired of bomberman so I traded in all 3 N64 bomberman games.

It'd have been nice if somebody would have told me that Second Attack would be worth tons of dosh for some reason.
>>
Why did so many people buy this piece of shit? It's not like superman was popular at the time or that there weren't any other good games to get
>>
>>3222627
>It's not like superman was popular at the time
The Superman Animated series was on television at the time. This was basically the tie-in game to that.
>>
>>3222674
eh, never showed it in my country just BTAS
>>
>>3221165
Could you please tell me what that guide says about multiplayer? My friends and I have tried to figure out what exactly is the goal and what the difference between race and battle is, but there's no indication in game.
>>
>>3222627
Like anon said, the tv show was on at the time. Also the commercials were real good. Obviously its my mistake to get a game based on the ads, but I was like 9 and this was at least a year or two before I started reading reviews before buying games.
>>
>had autismal fun in the Spec-Ops games for PS1 throughout elementary school
>my best friend was super social I was gravitated towards any social circles he touched
>meet a super girly girl at a party I was invited to
>she makes advances towards me
>suddenly I have a girlfriend
>she was a control freak and instilled tons of insecurities in me a week later
>convinced me I was never going to grow up and have a normal future if I didn't stop playing video games
>once I had sold my video games and Angelic Layer collection stuff she broke up with me for not having a spine to say no
>go through college playing pc games because I could not bare play consoles
>still going through life with that empty hole I will never fill back up

Wish I could go back and say no. Emulatinf is not the same.
>>
>>3225903

That's what you get for letting a bitch get you down. If a girl ever tries to tell you to sell your crap, (unless you got loads and loads of it) just say fuck off. If you don't have the same hobbies, then you're probably not gonna make it. These are obvious redflags.

>tfw me and my wife love retro games and games in general
>>
>>3221165

I still own a sealed copy with some exclusive comic book inside. It's pretty bitchin' albeit a shitty game.
>>
File: UTGZxHR.jpg (821 KB, 4000x2667) Image search: [Google]
UTGZxHR.jpg
821 KB, 4000x2667
>>3221165
It's one of those games that seems like it's not so bad in retrospect until you play it again and realize it actually is. I played it again just recently and it's genuinely a 2/10.

Contrary to what AVGN says, the rings and early game are the best part and feel relatively well designed, not too challenging at all. It's after you start wandering around indoors that quality falls off a cliff and it drops from 5/10 to 1/10.

>>3221242
That's the true catastrophe. That you sold those, not the games themselves. They had nice music, too.
>>
I sold a mint copy of earthbound for a dollar for some Jolt cola
>>
>>3225903
Consoles aren't so good these days anyway. They're struggling and might die. Even good console exclusives are starting to pop up on PC like crazy.

Just get old consoles or emulate and let that be the time consoles died for you. It's for the best.

And for fuck's sake, don't let anyone push you around ever again. Even if you have "loads and loads of it". Do you know how weird and abusive it would be if you just went through your girlfriend's stuff and demanded she toss a lot of it out? Being this controlling is being a bad human, nevermind partner.
>>
Just sold off my entire Saturn collection a few weeks back. Held off doing it the last couple years due to thinking I would later regret it. So far so good but eventually I'm sure I will be pissed.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.