[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I purchased System Shock: Enhanced Edition in the Humble Spring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1427327369258.jpg (47 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
1427327369258.jpg
47 KB, 500x341
So I purchased System Shock: Enhanced Edition in the Humble Spring Sale but I did not expect such horrid controls, I read that the enhanced edition had an updated control system and widescreen setting but if that means clicking the screen to look around then I can't see myself enjoying it.
Is it worth getting over these things and just trying to enjoy or am I missing something here?
>>
>>3216718
That's how adventure games used to be. Also, you have to be at least 28 to post here.
>>
Hi. System shock 1 is vastly improved with a mouse look mod.
>>
>>3216730
>>
System Shock sucks dicks.
>>
>>3216730
So /vr/ has gone to shit too?
I thought condescending dickheads like you were a /v/ thing.

>>3216734
I'll likely download one but I was under the impression that the Enhanced Edition was updated to include that.
>>
>>3216718
>horrid controls
What the fuck is your problem, kid? SSEE includes both a standard FPS control scheme along with a "click on anywhere you want with a cursor" mode.
>>
>>3216741
>So /vr/ has gone to shit too?
Have you seen the catalog?

>6 thread straight up pasta from /tv/
>3 /pol/ threads
>People posting out of their generals
>troll/bait threads because that shit never gets old right guys
You decide
>>
>>3216747
Well I've looked through all of the menus and found nothing that switches between the two control modes, where do I find this?

>>3216751
Honestly I barely come here any more but I've got the itch for retro vidya again.
Kinda regret making a thread.
>>
Oh no not this fucking gook again. Plz fuck the hell off

and System Shock is not retro. Off yourself
>>
>>3216767
>released in 1994
>not retro
>>
>>3216762
>Honestly I barely come here
Oh it shows buddy.
Come back when you are over 18.
>>
>>3216762
IIRC you just push the E key to swap between normal and FPS mode.
>>
>>3216771
You sure are funny pal
>>
>>3216790
Fuck me, is it really that simple?
brb testing
>>
>>3216791
sure thing kid
>>
>>3216790
It worked! Thanks anon

>>3216794
Something tells me that you're probably the under-aged one
>>
>>3216741

Not Samefag here
I haven't played the so-called enhanced edition but if it's anything like BG or AoE, the "enhanced HD whtever" bullshit edition is actually worse or doesn't do anything I should. Sorry you fell for that trap.

Either way, ss2 aged much better than ss1.
>>
>>3216804
As far as I can tell, the only changes are bug fixes and an updated UI.
It still looks like the original but slightly polished.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.