[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here had experience with custom cartridge orders from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 0556116148.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
0556116148.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
Has anyone here had experience with custom cartridge orders from GameReproductions before? I really want a copy of colorized Metroid 2 for the Gameboy Color and the ones on Etsy look like shit (pic related), both in the quality of the cartridge and label, and the actual colorization romhack that they chose. I have a superior color romhack (which has been tested on actual hardware) that I want to put in an authentic black Nintendo GBC cartridge with period-accurate label art.

GameReproductions is the only service I know of that does Gameboy custom orders, however their website doesn't actually say how much custom orders cost, and you have to email them for a quote. I was wondering if anyone here has dealt with them before and can say how reasonable / unreasonable their costs are, or if there is a better service for custom Gameboy carts that I should know about.
>>
File: 14123725595403.jpg (71 KB, 500x632) Image search: [Google]
14123725595403.jpg
71 KB, 500x632
Ah, good ol' GAME
>>
File: gb1.jpg (138 KB, 800x962) Image search: [Google]
gb1.jpg
138 KB, 800x962
>>3214707
>Don't mind me, I'm just playing my GAME!
>>
>>3214707
What's on the cart
>>
>>3214909
I think it's a typical bootleg multicart. If I remember the story right, it was owned by some phillipino who was trying to sell it and stuck the cat hologram on there just for the sake of having some sort of label.
>>
>>3214701
Just go to aliexpress. That's a Chinese pirate that is widely available there and paying a "repro site" markup for it is retarded.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-15-00-24-36.png (114 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-15-00-24-36.png
114 KB, 1080x1920
>>3214990
As I said in my original post I don't want one of those carts, though. The colorization hack on them is unimpressive and the one that I have in my ROM folder has a much more varied pallet and overall looks a lot more professional. The mass-produced one with the generic "GAME" cartridge barely looks better than the red and blue hardware colorization that you can do with just a regular Gameboy Color and a legitimate copy of Metroid II.
>>
Hey OP I would love to play your color rom hack. Where can I get it from? It looks great.
Loved Metroid II when it came out and played the hell out of it. Longest GB game for me at that time.
>>
>>3215094
You could probably send them the rom and have them do it for you.
A lot of them are made to order. I've seen SNES aliexpress listing where they say you can send your rom to them.
>>
>>3214701
No, I get my bootlegs from China
>>
>>3215094
Which hack do you use?
>>
>>3220314
This is the patch I use.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0h2vy4wbh8ah81b/Metroid+2+Colour+2.0.zip
>>
>>3220314
>>3220593
Also, here's a video of it running on a GB player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwQXglByhxo
>>
Get an everdrive.
>>
>>3220649
A reproduction is something more physically tangible. You can hold it in your hand, put it on your shelf or in your case, and you can show it to friends. Everdrive is a fine way to play games but some people like having reproduction carts.
>>
>>3220314
>>3220593
>>3220598
If you want an already patched version of the ROM with the color hack it's here.

https://mega.nz/#!8I0i0b6T!uLDktvCfNR9SqY3TQkliA1a0PJ2rQ_6aB7Vccxuzix0
>>
>>3220746
>more physically tangible
Are they made out of a special type of matter that's more physical than normal matter or something? I want some of whatever you're smoking slick.
>>
>>3220786
Not him but I know where he's coming from. I like having reproduction carts because I've been collecting cartridges for so long that it's nice to have a dedicated piece of media for a particular game. It's definitely a weird kind of tactile satisfaction that I'm sure not everyone can relate to. Like he said, flash carts are great but it's nice to see a physical embodiment of a game that you can associate with it, put with your others, lend out and share with other people and so on. Call it mental illness or OCD or whatever but repro carts are good for this without spending what might be a small fortune in some cases or for OP's situation where there isn't an official release of the game.

>>3220763
Thanks famicom, this looks quality. OP if you go through with this, come back and post pics and let us know how it turned out.
>>
>>3220831
I've got a big paycheck coming in next week so maybe that would be the optimal time to send GameRepros an email. If it's under $50 I'll pull the trigger on it.
>>
>>3220831
You can load a single game on your flash card and print a label for it if you want. Do you not understand that that's exactly what a repro is? You think they're going to do a MROM for a one off order?
I really hope it's just ignorance and not actually mental illness.
>>
>>3221037
Using a flash cart to make a repro seems like a waste of a USB 64m, but hey, who am I to judge. I'd rather just pay someone else to make a repro cart because I can't be assed.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.