[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Parasite Eve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 28
The last Parasite Eve 2 thread made me want to replay the game, which I had never beat (years ago it used to glitch out at the end boss on my emulator... it's fine now).

So I finally beat it yesterday night and I enjoyed it a lot, probably more than 1, and I'm looking into replay modes.

I think I got the normal ending, and I unlocked 2 modes : what seems to be a new game + with the same game; and Bounty Mode.

Would you guys recommend Bounty Mode? Or the new game + ? what's the most fun? Is it doable to get the "good ending" without a guide or does it take some bullshit stuff to do that noone would have a chance to figure out on his own?
>>
File: 5-Doggie.jpg (7 KB, 191x191) Image search: [Google]
5-Doggie.jpg
7 KB, 191x191
>>2853616

You saved the dog right? Because if you didn't then you really should just kill yourself
>>
>>2853616
I can't remember exactly because it was so long time ago, but definitely check out differences between those two new modes.

Game is insanely replayable, shit loads of ranks that net you different weapons.

If I recall Bounty is classic new game+ where you get to use everything you unlocked so far in the game. But it gives you less points for end game rank while scavanger is quite brutal at times because there is so few ammo to be found.

There is also one mode in which enemy placement is completely changed and you end up fighting golems right from the start. Its actually great.
>>
File: stats.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
stats.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>2853693
I save the dog but not Pierce apparently

>>2853721
Actually Bounty is harder difficulty. The first mode you're referring too is the classic new game+ which name escapes me.

I'm gonna give Bounty a try though it seems challenging.

My stats for my previous play
>>
File: stats2.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
stats2.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
+ Grenade Pistol 0,41% and P229 0,12%
>>
File: stats3.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
stats3.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
At the bottom of the picture my exp and bp at the end of the previous game

I think that's the equivalent of F rank....
>>
>>2853616
Did you enjoy it as much as one enjoys the cool, refreshing taste of Coca Cola?
>>
So anyone got tips or stories to share for Bounty or other modes?
Or just general PE talk?

>>2853873
Yeah I did, and I like Coca Cola very much.
You know I think that the way the product placement is done in PE2, is done quite well, in a way that is satisfactory for the brand and not intrusive for the player at the same time.
A couple of Cola items that refill HP; a dispenser, a bottle cap... it all makes sense and it never fills stupid.
>>
File: aya.jpg (27 KB, 373x358) Image search: [Google]
aya.jpg
27 KB, 373x358
>>2854236
I agree that it's done tastefully, but it's still kinda funny that it's so obvious.

I made the last thread.

I have no advice or tips for the other modes, because I've never touched them yet.
>>
>>2853616
Bounty Mode, it's much more fun and more challenging than the default mode. As was said, you'll be up against Golems from the get-go so be prepared.
>>
>>2854374
I almost spat out my pepsi when I realized how subtle product placement can be at times.
>>
>>2854236
>>2854374
>>2854389
Pepsi > Coca Cola
>>
>>2854407
Pepsi Max > Coke > Pepsi
>>
File: 1400505624535.png (23 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1400505624535.png
23 KB, 501x585
never played these games before, should i play 1 before 2 or is 2 just infinitely superior?
>>
>>2854419
they're so different it doesn't matter

they may as well not be 1 and 2, but 1 and 1
>>
>>2854419
You'll enjoy 2's story better if you've played 1.

It's a matter of opinion really but overall I'd say 1 has better atmosphere and story; but 2 has (much) better gameplay. They're hybrid games, action j-RPG with survival horror elements (the later being more present in 2). The "action" part of the gameplay has a bigger role in 2, in 1 it's closer to active time battle jRPG and the movement during combat matters, but a lot less than in 2.
>>
File: coke.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
coke.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>>2854407

Pepsi a shit
>>
>>2854428
>>2854546

Just don't play 3

You will become absolutely livid
>>
>>2854546
fuck that shit, I love 1's combat system, it's much better than 2s
>>
File: 1449165479323.png (596 KB, 820x2000) Image search: [Google]
1449165479323.png
596 KB, 820x2000
>>2855659

I just miss my franken-gun

although the guns in 2 are pretty fun in and of themselves, there's no substitute for having a hand gun that shoots acid and buck shot
>>
>>2854878
3 broke my heart
>>
File: 1398292151701.png (43 KB, 163x170) Image search: [Google]
1398292151701.png
43 KB, 163x170
>>2854878
There's no such thing as PE3.
There's 3rd birthday which is made by the most incompetent waifushitter to ever get a leading role in any japanese game, but it was made after Square lost rights to Parasite Eve universe and was only left with characters so Toriyama butchered them beyond belief.
>>
File: Golem.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Golem.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
SHIT
I had 71/155 hp left and that Golem killed me with a slap from behind!
>>
>>2856243
The last time I played through the game, the only time I died was to a fucking strangler right before the last boss. Such bullshit.

Is there some particular tactic you're expected to use?
>>
>>2856403
I don't know, I just turn around until he appears. He has 3 types of attacks, when he appears and just doesn't do anything, that means he's going to disappear straight away and then strangle you from behind. When he strangles you, mash every button, after that he's dazzled and that's when you can shoot at him for a few times safely. Third attack is a close physical hit, easy to avoid and then you can run around him and shoot him in the back.

What's tough is that they take almost half of your HP in Bounty mode, and there are Golems EVERYWHERE at times ! I'm getting the hang of it and really enjoying it though.

Bounty really shines a new light on the entire gameplay of the game; it reminds me Dino Crisis 2 in how different Hard mode is to Normal mode, and that's a good thing, since I consider that if you haven't played DC2 on Hard, you haven't really played it.

The good thing with Bounty is that at least you get more BP and more HP+ items. A small comfort compared to the rest. I just reached the moment when Douglas can sell you stuff, and I'm wondering if I should get the M4A1 right away or not. I did earn an upgrade for it.
I've died a few times so far. Maybe 4 or 5.
>>
File: 1433405906869.gif (2 MB, 250x535) Image search: [Google]
1433405906869.gif
2 MB, 250x535
>>2856041
Wasn't one of the selling points of 3rd Birthday the whole "Oooh, look at that! Her clothes rip and come away during gameplay. It's almost as if you are undressing her. Quick! Look closely and you can see some sideboob!"

What other games have been ruined by pandering to Otakus?
>>
>>2856460
Everything that Toriyama touched as a director was utterly ruined.
Starting with Bahamut Lagoon, shit was fucking horrible.
>>
File: strong female character.jpg (147 KB, 903x503) Image search: [Google]
strong female character.jpg
147 KB, 903x503
>>2856460

Samus didn't have it half as bad in other m
>>
>>2856403
Run forward, get grabbed, mash buttons, golem gets stunned. If it's a red golem, while you have time, cast metabolism (must be at least level 2 for the cast time) to remove status effects from yourself and move your back to the wall. Watch out phantoms, if a phantom is less transparent than usual and makes a metallic sound when appearing, it's actually a real golem. He will attack shortly, so don't hesitate to attack him before and stun him. Attacking a phantom will make it dissapear and real golem attack you shortly without a possibility to stun him.
>>
I am so pissed at Bounty mode right now. You know the bossfight against N°9 in Dryfield? Well it's not too hard but it's long, and after that on Bounty I get two fight two tough fuckers which in normal mode would only appear at the end of the game in the lab... Can't save between both and I keep dying on those and have to redo the bossfight. It's those "brown magician" fuckers who shoot fireballs which make you tired and which can heal themselves. If you're unlucky they'll heal themselves just as much as you hit them.q
>>
>>2856460
literally sjw tier
>>
nvm what I just said, I just sucked I guess. Well I had to use some Sparta ammo to do the trick against the 2 annoying fucks.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (139 KB, 700x1240) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
139 KB, 700x1240
>>2856669
>the first official art we ever saw of Aya for 3rd Birthday had her putting a gun into her mouth

They knew.
>>
>>2858791
Phallic.
>>
>>2858991

It's a mutant elephant with a flame thrower attached to it's face that wants to kill your dog
>>
>>2858823
More like no trigger-discipline for a former detective and FBI agent.

and a typical blonde
>>
>>2859665
>dat trigger discipline

Now that's Aya Brea.
>>
File: 47-capture_02122011_133012.jpg (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
47-capture_02122011_133012.jpg
26 KB, 640x480
>>2859665

>Fierce determined look
>Gun at the ready
>actually wears a shirt in the game anyways

yeah that's totally the same things MY CLOTHES ARE THE LIFE BAR, WATCH ME UNDRESS IN THE GAME OR WEAR SLUTTY OUTFITS THAT CLASH WILDLY WITH THE TONE OF THE STORY.

Hell even PE2's shower was incredibly tastefully done and used to serve as a break in tension and pacing before a major boss fight.

T3B couldn't even use fanservice right.
>>
>>2859882
this is like kingdom hearts or pokemon gen one faggots who can't get over style changes
>>
>>2859886

What the fuck are you on about? It's not a style change to not want to see the lead character turned into a angsty simpering wimp, over fan serviced and possibly killed off
>>
>>2858991
>>2859356
It took me 3 tries to kill him and save Flint at the same time on Bounty mode. The first 2 times though, I was trying to do it while saving stronger ammo than the basic ammo.

FAQs claim you have to do it in under 3mins to save Flint but I could swear I took a little more than that when I saved him (I used a chronometer; but maybe some things don't count like when you open the menu, not sure). Maybe it's under 5mins or maybe it's something else entirely like amount of dmg the player takes? I hardly got hit the last time.
>>
>>2859882
>MY CLOTHES ARE THE LIFE BAR
I never played PE3, but that is an awesome concept. Classic risk/reward game design.
>>
Any idea if Lifedrain is worth investing Exp into ?

also i was finally able to open the locker with a 4 number padlock in the loft upstairs in Dryfield. I found the 1st and 2nd clue, so I got two numbers; and I brute forced the 2 other numbers by trying every combinaison possible starting with the 2 numbers...
I still have no idea where the other 2 clues are if they exist, I feel like I looked everywhere, several times. At first I thought the 3rd number would be "9" because it said to check the "hounted house", so I thought "dilapidated house", right? Except I found nothing there, but you do fight N°9 there... but nope, wrong guess.
>>
Never played, is it spook?
>>
>>2860647
it's spoopier than the first one IMO, but I like the first one better (better magic system)
>>
>>2860441

I heard it was a very generous 10.

>>2860450

you're retarded
>>
>>2861116
Weird. At one point I did it in 4mins and i didn't save Flint.

There has to be something else to it...

I've just beat the boss in the dumpster and it was actually the easiest boss so far. Energy shot + a few grenades in the mouth; game over. His attack patterns are the easiest to avoid too. I've had a harder time with regular enemies.

What do you guys think is the best armor? i'm thinking tactical armor; but the thing is i'm saving all my "attachment +" power ups and i'm not sure it's worth to save them for an armor you can so late in game...
>>
>>2854407
Mexican Coke>all soda
>>
>>2860647
Yeah, the atmosphere is great.

Start out in an evacuated high-rise, move to an abandoned desert town built on top of a secret military facility with all kinds of crazy shit inside. The progression from each locale is very much like alice falling down the rabbit-hole in how the mystery builds. While it isn't anywhere as downright disturbing as silent hill, there are far more little details to explore and aya makes some interesting commentary throughout.

>>2862740
>What do you guys think is the best armor?
The one you get for rescuing pierce is free and still better than almost every other armor in the game. I never spend BP on armor.
>>
>>2862767
Yeah good point that's a good armor. i've used the Belt Pouch on it.

Ever since I reached the lab Bounty Mode has been a LOT easier. AS12 full auto shotgun with "infinite" buckshot ammo ? Holy Water ? And now I have that Tactical Vest from Pierce with a total of 10 attachments, included holy water, medicine wheel, ofuda, lipstick and MD player.
OP as fuck.
>>
>>2862740
If I recall, you have to blow its face off which makes it fight to the death.
>>
HELL YEAH

>>2862943
Ah, you might be onto something. I do recall perfectly that the two times I didn't save Flint the boss face wasn't blown off.
>>
File: ohshit.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ohshit.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>HELL YEAH

forgot pic
>>
File: 77-capture_10042012_174104.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
77-capture_10042012_174104.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
>>2862740
tactical armor is the "warrior" to the aya special's "mage", but I love the way this one looks and it's clearly custom made for her

Also, fountain coke is best soda
>>
I'm nearing the end of my Bounty playthrough (well, I just met up with Eve in the lab basement so I still have about 10% of the game left) and I have about 78% kills so far, even though I thought I killed every enemy, made sure I cleared everything and always backtracked everywhere before reaching a story event which trigger new enemy spawns.

So I had a quick look over the 100% kill FAQ and it seems I missed some bullshit spawn events. Like, reading the stone stella outside the powerplant in Neo Ark? Seriously, THAT triggers enemy spawns? Plus if you want 100% you have to clear the whole of Neo Ark; then read the stella, clear the whole Neo Ark again; then kill the boss; and clear Neo Ark AGAIN (and you still need to clear it one more time after you rescue Eve). Of course don't even look at the stella before clearing the place or you'll be fucked over. Geeez.

I don't think I'd have ever figured that out and I probably missed at least one other bullshit spawn trigger like that as well.

I don't think i'd have ever figured how to save Pierce either bringing ice 3 times to him although I guess that's partly my fault since Aya does say to him she'll bring something to him (although Pierce keeps claiming he's fine...) and you can interact with the thing before the whole event, hinting that you may need it at some point.

I'm very hooked to the game though so I wonder if I might try Scavenger mode or Nightmare mode a try.
>>
File: PE2rankbounty.png (80 KB, 457x182) Image search: [Google]
PE2rankbounty.png
80 KB, 457x182
I just beat Bounty Mode. It was tons of fun but honestly once you reach the shelter it stops being hard, though it keeps being fun due to fighting tougher enemies than regular.

I don't understand why all the FAQs keep talking about end game "rank" (rank L to S) although both times I beat the game it never actually gave me a rank, it only show the amount of exp and bp total I had.
I won the grenade launcher this time though which tells me about which rank I have according to FAQ.

It kinda sucks that getting the best ranks isn't possible on a normal play from scartch and depends on your number of plays. So, the ranks aren't so much skill based.

Also the game didn't tell me how many kill % I had at the end; I can only check at a phone but before killing the last ghost Golem and the 2 end bosses; and I was at 98,77% at that point; so I'm missing a few but not much.

Anyone tried Scavenger mode here? it seems hardcore, I'm tempted to give it a shot. FAQs recommend to play bounty at least twice before so you start off with more exp and bp but fuck that.
>>
>>2858543
If I remember correctly, the easiest way to do bounty was to first earn a rank that gives you an item that lets you get rare drops of the bosses (I think the name of the item was water wheel or something like that).

Basically with that item you get Gunblade as a drop after you beat No9 in Dryfield. Needless to say whole game is a breeze after that.
>>
>>2866552
Yeah, I remember ranking pissing me off too. Its been so long time since I played it but I probably finished the game at least 5 times and I could never figure out which rank would I get.

Made me rage because I wanted certain stuff from specific ranks (like those SP bullets for magnum).

But I hear you on hooked part, couldn't drop this game for weeks.
>>
>>2866538
Yeah, the medicine wheel. You can get it if you backtrack after killing the dumpster boss in a regular play; but if you get a decent rank you can then buy it at the start of the game on replays, but it takes 27000bp, so if you want it you need to play the game several times before being able to acquire it so that you pile up enough bp for the start of the game.

I'm playing Scavenger now, and if i wanted to get it, i'd have to play Bounty at least once more, maybe even twice... so fuck that.

I hate how for all the important attachment items like Medicine Wheel, or Ofuda, Crystal Skull, etc the game doesn't tell you what they actually do. I mean how would you even guess some of those?!

Other things I don't like about the game : the rank system, like i said, and the way you get the bonus item out of it. You may prefer getting an item from a lower rank, but if you do too well, you won't get it and won't be able to since any further play will make you go up one rank at the very least.
Maybe once you've gotten S rank it gives you all ranks you missed then, I heard it at least did that for L rank but i'm not even sure it does it for all ranks afterwards; and even then that would mean replaying the game 10 times to unlock everything.
Would have been more simple if getting a rank would give you all items from that rank and below.

Anyway I'm enjoying Scavenger mod a lot; but except from some tough enemies here and there, which can kill me in 2 hits, it seems easier than Bounty in a way, so far.

I'm hooked to this game in the same way I'd get hooked to Resident Evil or Final Fantasy games as a teen. Somehow I had missed on PE2 and it feels good getting that feel again with a game.
>>
>>2866558
Did you play Nightmare mode?

I'll probably give it a try after Scavenger..

And sorry, that post >>2866558 is supposed to go after this one >>2866560 I deleted the other to fix some typos.
>>
File: Untitled.png (991 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
991 KB, 1920x1080
>>2866560
>Anyway I'm enjoying Scavenger mod a lot; but except from some tough enemies here and there, which can kill me in 2 hits, it seems easier than Bounty in a way, so far.

Nevermind that.

Pic related.
>>
>>2866609
Scavenger is harder than Nightmare.

For that guy, use pepper spray (or flare maybe) at the beginning. Then use necrosis and run to the door where you find the snail magazine for the p08. He can't hit you there.
>>
>>2866609
I think that faggot on scavanger was the hardest thing in this whole game, and that "centaur" boss for some reason.
>>
>>2866921
>>2867865
I had 1400exp so I got myself Antibody lvl2.
When using that, he would deal twice as less dmg to me meaning i'd die in 3-4 hits instead of 2.
Funny how PEs get a different use depending on the difficulty mode. In Normal mode I hardly even used it at all. In Bounty, I used it a little; and now in Scavenger, i absolutely NEEDED it for this fight.

Then I figured out how to trick him and avoid his attacks: when he's on the ceiling, wait till he comes near you and just as his attack animation starts, run away a few steps. Usually after this, it's like he feels dumb or something and he runs away and becomes an easy target for a couple of seconds. Though sometimes, he will try to hit you a 2nd time, which is when he'd get me.
I also couldn't fully figure out a pattern when he's running on the ground rather than ceiling.
So even with Antibody lvl2 + this pattern + Hydra 8mm ammo boosted by Energy shot lvl2 , I still had to use 3 healing items. But once I started using antibody, I got him and didn't get a game over.

>I think that faggot on scavanger was the hardest thing in this whole game
Yeah, I thought to myself that fucker was tougher than bosses.

>>2866921
>you find the snail magazine for the p08
Doesn't the snail magazine only appear in bounty? or does it appear only if you do own the p08 ? For me it only appeared on bounty which coincidentaly was the only time I had bought the p08 (which is a useless piece of shit).

>Scavenger is harder than Nightmare
Isn't Nightmare a mix of Bounty and Scavenger? Like Scavenger difficulty but with the tougher enemies from Bounty mode?
>>
File: latest.png (242 KB, 426x508) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
242 KB, 426x508
It's kinda weird that they didn't do anything with this guy and he dissapears, i dunno, i would've like to see him more involved in the plot
>>
>>2867920
Yeah the snail mag only appears when you have the p08. I used it with the spartans/hydra and necrosis against the burner boss. It's good against the flying babies too, one shot with spartans (and hydras I think) will drop them. It also works well on stalkers, fatties and spiders.

>Isn't Nightmare a mix of Bounty and Scavenger? Like Scavenger difficulty but with the tougher enemies from Bounty mode?

Yeah, but because the tougher enemies drop good items/equipment and give more exp, it's gets easy after Dryfield.
>>
>>2869521
So the p08 deals more dmg against certain types of enemies? Weird, I might give it a shot since it's so cheap.
>>
The p08 does seem better under certain circumstances indeed. I always thought the gun was worthless.

>>2869521
>Yeah, but because the tougher enemies drop good items/equipment and give more exp, it's gets easy after Dryfield.

I see what you mean, and you can also probably buy weapons that you can't in Scavenger.

Honeslty Scavenger is tearing me a new asshole. I'm at the moment when you give Douglas the fuel canister and i've seen the Game Over screen at least 30 times.
>>
I started replaying PE just now after getting stuck in Day 5 Sewers years ago and never finishing it. To this day I don't understand why I got stuck so bad, I didn't have much problems with the game until that point but suddenly I started doing fuck all damage and getting rekt in 2-3 hits, is that a known difficulty spike in the game or did I just fuck up somewhere?
>>
>>2869931
You probably fucked up some rock paper scissors weapon element shit that I don't remember about
>>
Who would have thought Butterflies are your worst nightmares and that Flare and Combat Light disposable items were a life saver?

Well, Scavenger mode did.
Shit.
>>
>>2869931
You must have fucked up, probably by not upgrading to better weapons.
>>
File: MoreGuns.png (598 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MoreGuns.png
598 KB, 1920x1080
P229 (Kyle's weapon) or P08 with Snailmag ? What do you think is best? pros and cons (if any) ?
>>
File: Parasite Eve II - Aya Scene.webm (2 MB, 640x384) Image search: [Google]
Parasite Eve II - Aya Scene.webm
2 MB, 640x384
Aya is super interesting.
>>
>>2868578

Instead we got Maddigan
>>
>>2853616
I really hope nesfag gets doxd with his pic and everything posted on 4chan. Would be laff.

I bet he's a fat smelly French frog faggot lol
Autistic too of course
>>
>>2870343
Aya looks so weird in PE2, I love her look in PE1 and 3B but she just looks so uncanny in 2.
>>
>>2870239
The P229 is usually my handgun of choice just because of the flashlight. That thing can be a lifesaver.
>>
>>2869931
I don't recall there being any sort of difficulty spike at that point. Enemies that are resistant to particular damage types become more common as the game progresses, though, so it's possible you failed to adjust to them.
>>
>>2870520
What's your problem?
>>
>>2871021
The only thing I can think of is that the Warehouse, which is optional as I recall, is pretty tough when it first becomes available.
>>
>>2870960
Yeah, you're absolutely right. Remember this fucker ? >>2866609

There is another one at the entrance of the shelter; after the bossfight against the horse-thing, in the room that you unlock with the switch on n°9's bike and the electric plug puzzle.

Well, he's a tough fucker, but thanks to the flashlight, he was absolutely harmless! That felt like a good payback against him.

I just got to the point when I find the shotgun and the unlimited supplies of buckshot and hydra ammo. I have a feeling Scavenger will suddenly become a LOT easier! Though I could be wrong...
>>
Amazing music, amazing sound effects, amazing UI. Just saying.
>>
If you guys have any protip for PE1, go ahead as well.

I mean to replay it as well once I'm done with Scavenger Mode in PE2 (and I'll probably try Nightmare as well while I'm at it before moving on to another game).
I never beat Chrysler Building, got stuck at a difficulty spike around floor 70, and I never tried new game + either.

The "do" and "do not" of PE1? Any gun customization recommendation ? things that are easily missed? Is it better to do Chrysler Building on a first play or in the new game+ ? I heard people say it's preferable on new game+ but aren't enemies a lot tougher too?
>>
I got done with the first one earlier today and just started the second one. Does it get any better? The mechanics just feel kinda lame compared to the first one.

Also, how massive of a dissapointment is 3 going to be when I get around to playing it?
>>
>>2872005
If you don't like the game in Dryfield, I don't think you'll ever like it. Later on you get more and more diverse weapons and enemies though.
>>
>>2871746

Don't waste time with rocket/grenade launchers, just tool acid and burst into a shotgun along with your preference of fire rate. I go with x2 because you don't wanna be immobile for long periods.

Fuck random fire

Energy shot a shit until you get to new game+

Haste is good, so is status presenters

Try not to get hit ever. You get massive bonuses at level up if you avoid hits in most battles.

Don't save when you're being chased.
>>
>>2872005
3 is a fun game but the story retcons aya out of existence or some shit. It's just the gay fanbase having a fit over nothing to be honest.
>>
>>2859665

What the fuck is wrong with her neck.

I looked at that and my brain noped hard.
>>
>>2860617

Plasma.

The right answer is plasma.

Plasma is actually coded with the same Explosion mechanic as Airburst grenades, so for 4 MP and a near instant cast time at level 3 you get damage that pierces enemy defenses and one-shots a huge hemisphere of moths, mindsucklers, and the limbless crawlers in the shelter. It also pierces cover and GOLEM shields, stunlocks scarabs and scorpions, and knocks over chasers, strangers and raptors.

Oh, and you know that bullshit fight against the giant Bowman with Aya behind it? Get close to her and you can stun her with level 3 plasma, which also interrupts the big guy using the undodgeable Inferno spell.

Also getting the 3rd Wind spell, Apobiosis, lets you stunlock both the final boss and No. 9 on replays.

Also, any level Necrosis instagibs the slimes.

ALSO, level 2 or better Necrosis poisons the Burner boss, which stuns him every few seconds and interrupts his flamethrower to scream.

Wind is just OP.
>>
File: PE2.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PE2.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>2873124
Man that's some pretty cool tips. I never really bothered with Wind, outside of using Plasma against annoying enemies indeed.
Here is my current PE list on Scavenger, I'm at the point when you crack the computer password in the shelter.

On Scavenger, Antibody and Healing are essential. Energyshot is a given as well. I'll be going for Lifedrain lvl3 because I thought it was OP as fuck against the baby final boss (since it hits all targets on lvl3) and like I said healing is essential on Scavenger.

I'll probably unlock Plasma next.
>>
>>2873125

Apobiosis also hits all parts of the final boss, and at least the tentacles, maybe the head, is vulnerable to paralysis.

Also, I shit you not, the last boss is affected by Pepper Spray. Not for long, but enough to take her out of that MP drain chant.
>>
>>2872005
T3B has great gameplay, but the story is a convoluted load of shit. Just remember to start on Easy, and don't get distracted by Aya's hips.
>>
File: ceiling crawler.webm (3 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
ceiling crawler.webm
3 MB, 400x300
>>2866609
>>
File: protip.jpg (258 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
protip.jpg
258 KB, 1920x1080
>>2873124
That protip against the giant Bowman was very useful. That way I used my special shotgun ammo on him (I could even have used regular one but I needed the space in my inventory and I never use those special shots otherwise) and save my Grenades. Pic related.
I wonder if you can get unlimited grenades at the military camp in Scavenger at the end though...

Hopefully I'll have enough exp to get Apobiosis lvl3 for the end boss. Atm, after Bowman, I have the 2 other wind PE lvl3 so I can start unlocking it.

Scavenger HAS been a lot easier since I got to the Shelter but I can still die very quickly if I fuck up. However, since i've been saving health items as much as possible since the start, I am swimming in them now. My inventory + the 2 item boxes in the shelter are pretty much full with items including tons of healing (although I think the box in floor b2 is smaller on Scavenger because it only holds one page of items).

>>2874880
Nice, I too noticed how effective Riot grenades and flares were against him but I didn't have necrosisis since I had never bothered with wind. Is this Nightmare difficulty? Your HP is pretty low. I don't think it even was THAT low on Scavenger.
>>
>>2853616
Bounty mode isn't much different. Enemies are a little stronger and I think you gain more BP points. Biggest difference is that Golems show up regularly, even in the LA Skyscraper. They are sort of difficult, mostly those invisible ones, that can poison and stun you. Rest is easier to dodge.
Next comes scavenger mode. Most no irregular Golems, but enemies hit hard, take up to 20 shots from the pistol and can kill you in two hits. (regular runnig back to save the game).
Shops don't sell rifles until late in the game or are expensive.
You'll have to learn to use the pistol for 70-80 % of the game, and skip unnecessary weapons (first two shotguns are waste of BP).
Finally unlocks nightmare mode. Golems+shops sell next to nothing, you can't take more than one hit from every enemy.

Save regularly. Learn enemy patterns to dodge them. Use your environment for the puma strangers, so they run against a wall and damage themselves etc. Use flash/stun weapons then shoot critical hits. Use armor that heals hp/mp after a fight. Save mp items for bosses. Heal mp with unlocking magic. Don't unlock magic when not absolutely necessary. Use buffs and debuffs.
Heavy weapons take ages to draw/ready. Light weapons draw fast and have high crit chance.
Gamefaqs is your friend, if that floats your boat.
I used to print out pages and study weapon charts. Was my personal Dorf fortress
>>
File: mouthbreather.webm (3 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
mouthbreather.webm
3 MB, 400x300
>>2874907
>Is this Nightmare difficulty? Your HP is pretty low.
It's Nightmare. Starting HP is 50. Mine is 85 because bonuses, from the vest that I bought from Douglas (+20) and from 3 protein capsules (+15) that were dropped by various golems. HP is useless at this point in Nightmare, at least against hard-hitting enemies, it is going to effect after you stack it more, tiny bit at a time, with the largest ones being Holy Water and Tactical Vest. Even then, you are able to take only 1-2 tough hits, minus final boss' inferno attack. But jumping to 1-2 from instagibs from every tough enemy is worth it. Game is really easier after returning back to Dryfield, you turn your bonus exp into more PE and more MP than usual, you have more HP than in the first half of the game while the enemy variety is nearly the same.

>I too noticed how effective Riot grenades and flares were against him
Actually, I used a combat light there because it is faster to flash him with it than with a flare. I use flares when I fight groups with rats, moths, sucklers and scavengers. I stop using flares once I am in the shelter. Riot grenades only knock him down, while being able to paralyze other types of enemies. They are pretty much specialized in taking that guy down and are not really effective anywhere else.

>giant Bowman
When his shield is down, and it happens when Eve is stunned (right?), or when he is casting inferno, use Necrosis on him, it will prevent him from doing anything. Also, you can dodge his attacks by dashing to him while he is channeling, Aya will be knocked down, and, as long as she stays so, she is invulnerable.
>>
>>2875330
Goddamn, well played in that video. You look like you've pretty much mastered the game.
Did you make the speed of the video go faster or does Nightmare make the game faster? This looks fast as hell; or maybe you're just playing super well.

I can't wait to try out Nightmare difficulty; I should be able to breeze through the end of Scavenger easily now (I just saved Eve and got done with Neo Ark, so there is not much left) considering the pile of supplies I have.

> Necrosis
I don't think I had Necrosis had this point yet on this playthrough.

> Also, you can dodge his attacks by dashing to him while he is channeling, Aya will be knocked down, and, as long as she stays so, she is invulnerable.

That's a tricky one!
>>
File: PE2.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PE2.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1080
>>2876332
> I should be able to breeze through the end of Scavenger easily now

Nevermind that, pic related.
>>
File: PSOGL2_005.jpg (209 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PSOGL2_005.jpg
209 KB, 1920x1080
Awesome.
I've beat Scavenger mode. Died once against Eve, but it was alright.

Apoboisis was very helpful against the big baby indeed thanks for the tip. You know what's great against Eve? Lifedrain. it deals 650-750 dmg against her. I used that + the laser attachment and won easily. I bet you could just spam Lifedrain and rape her easily although I haven't tried. Apobiosis stuns her for quite a long time but it's not worth it considering how low the mp-to-dmg ratio is compared to Lifedrain; although it can be helpful if you need to re-cast support spells or reload a weapon.

I had 100% kills and I got Rank D. You do get a lot less BP on Scavenger... On Bounty I was Rank B with about 98% kills (and Rank F on my normal playthrough lol). So I've unlocked the Magnum and its regular ammo which is pretty awesome.

I'm gonna give Nightmare difficulty a try. This time I'll make sure to remember not to save on healing items so much since I was swimming in them at the end of the game, as well as on M4A1 and Grenade ammo since you get unlimited shots at the end of the game.
>>
I forgot to ask, do you guys know if there is a limit to how many Protein Capsules one can use? Not that it's worth it to waste that much BP... Just wondering.
>>
I'm playing Nightmare difficulty now. I'm in Dryfield, just after you meet Pierce at the water tower.

It's tons of fun so far and I'm actually dying less than in Bounty/Scavenger; although that's mainly due to being better at the game, knowing enemy patterns and witnesses, knowing which PE to get, etc

Healing PE doesn't matter so much on Nightmare considering how low the HP is; so I'm concentrating on Antibody/Energyshot and Necrosis. Necrossis is OP as fuck indeed, it renders Bowmen harmless and that's a huge plus considering they're some of the toughest enemies at this point (I find them harder than Golems at this point honestly).

Also my main hangun is now the P08. I find it much better than the M93R in every situation but a couple (like against Scorpions for instance).
>>
>>2880347
I didn't know anyone else still cared about this thread.... I'm stuck on the Glutton boss in Nightmare difficulty as we speak. I was able to beat him no problem; but the thing is I died afterwards, when trying to retrieve the Medicine wheel... and now for some reason I die on the Glutton like I can't play anymore.

Killing all the little fuckers in a short amount of time after retrieving the Medicine Wheel is a bit tough on Nightmare. I'm using my best stuff but still I couldn't make it... What pisses me off is that I have a "Eau De Toilette" (induces Berserker) but I left it in the back of the truck and I can't go get it and use it; it would have been very useful (i have never ever used one before).

The thing is I really want the medicine wheel AND the 100% kills.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.