[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when Treasure made the most fun fighting game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: sunset-fighters.jpg (77 KB, 353x400) Image search: [Google]
sunset-fighters.jpg
77 KB, 353x400
Where were you when Treasure made the most fun fighting game of the '90s?
>>
ah yes, Obscure Fighting Game No One Plays But You. Truly a piece of video game ambrosia
>>
>>3180214
is there a translated rom if so link?
>>
>>3180219
Obsure? That anime/manga was decently popular. The mangaka's currently still doing Hunter X Hunter.
>>
>>3180246
yeah
>>
File: ayy0.gif (64 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
ayy0.gif
64 KB, 500x372
I actually liked the SNES (Tokubetsuhen), if a much less fighting game. Never heard about the MegaDrive one but this interests me.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAB4TLFUtIY

this cover is amazing, holy shit
>>
>>3180275
nobody knew about that shit until adult swim, dumbass
>>
>>3180336
Yu Yu Hakusho was never on adult swim, dumbass.
>>
>>3180343
Yes it was. I even had to check to make sure it wasn't exclusively "Not retro" Toonami.
>>
>>3180343
It was, after it was removed from the original toonami. It was also in the US Shonen Jump around the same time, although I don't really know how popular that magazine was here
>>
>>3180214
I absolutely loved the show and this game.
>>
>>3180358
>>3180364
Damn, I must of stopped watching around then, don't remember it being on adult swim at all.
>>
>>3180336
Why are you even here?
>>
>>3180214
The dude on the background on the right wants to welcome me to EBGames.
>>
>>3180317
>I actually liked the SNES (Tokubetsuhen), if a much less fighting game.
Wasn't that one a cinematic fighter?
>>
>>3180317
i actually really liked playing this one as a kid too. haven't played it in like... 15 years tho
>>
>>3180336
Tons of people watched it on VHS fansubs, dumbass

>>3180336
Wrong, it aired on Adult Swim first, then moved to Toonami.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_KgYpP4MLk
>>
i just tried this out yesterday when another dude mentioned it, game is pretty cool. Having a 4 player fighter on Genesis is pretty great, and the roster is solid.

a mulberry is a tree, kuwabara is a man.
>>
It's a fun game, there is a translation patch for the rom floating around that I got.

If you hardest mode 1cc clear the game you get some extra cutscenes at the end. Showed me that there are special finisher moves.

I can only 1cc as yusuke, I can't beat Yusuke as Kuwabara either. Genkai is relatively easy to play as too with a good combo.
>>
Playing it and watching YYH

>>3180336

>everyone is murrikan

It was aired in my country before you was born (1996), stay salty and enjoy your "Eugene" kek
>>
>>3180319
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeTEThEl42E
this sounds way better
>>
>>3181613
>enjoy your "Eugene" kek

Sorry, us Burgers got proper names. You're thinking of the Tagalong dub.
>>
>>3181089

Except for Itsuki the roster is pretty based IMO. Fuck, playing with young Genkai is a blast. I wish treasure could have handled Yu Yu Hakusho Final on SFC. Game is already great but it could be so much better if it played like Makyou.
>>
>>3180214
>Saturn emulators will never have netplay for such games as Guardian Heroes Vs mode or Saturn Bomberman
feels bad man
>>
>>3181967
wrong thread?
>>
>>3181089
dude, it's the best fighting game on the genesis imo. There's still a big cult following in some area in Nippon.
>>3181080
>it aired on Adult Swim first, then moved to Toonami.
Really? didn't yu yu hakusho air on toonami back in 04 when they revamped Tom right? i remember watching that as a kid.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.