[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I found this at a yard sale yesterday for around $10 Did I do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
I found this at a yard sale yesterday for around $10
Did I do good /vr/?
>>
Enjoy that rock solid 45 minutes of gameplay for 6 AA batteries.
>>
>>3172003
Nice meme. It's not the 90's anymore, you can get like 6 hours from those AAs. Obviously that's still not as good as the classic Game Boy but it's still fairly respectable, about as good if not better than a 3DS as long as you get rechargables.
>>
Nice. There are some good game gear exlusives that fucking autists on this board dont understand.

>its not the fucking 90s anymore you can own a gameboy and a game gear
>>
>>3172030
lmao you think disposable battery capacity has changed in twenty years?! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>3171994
How's the screen?
GG screens tend to wash out with use over time.
>>
>>3171994
Yes you did. Sorry everyone is an asshole here.
>>
>>3171994
It's fucking great. I got basically the same shit(only Im gonna recap it) and will sell for at least 70$ on EBAY.
>>
>>3172003
he can get an AC power supply for it anyways
>>
>>3171994
Who has a yard sale on a fucking Tuesday?
>>
>>3171994
Massive issues with Game Gear's capacitors leaking fucking up the sound and video brightness.
>>
File: DSC_0134.jpg (772 KB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0134.jpg
772 KB, 3008x2000
>>3171994
I got a game gear recently, too - a friend at college gave it to me.
You did good.

I'm in the process of re-capping mine, now - just need to buy some more capacitors for the non-100uf values.

Also, be ready for a stink. When you put your soldering iron on the caps to desolder them, you'll be greeted by the sickly smell of salmon.

Do your best to clean them off, too, using alcohol (and maybe baking soda to neutralize the acid).
>>
Why does everyone gotta post their find and ask if they did good? Fucking A don't you morons just get things because you want them and your own self validation is enough as opposed to being told good job by strangers?

It'd be one thing if you bought something and wanted to specifically talk about that game or system or something, but just to start a thread for e-peen is moronic.
>>
>>3172806
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
File: DSC_0150.jpg (2 MB, 3038x2014) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0150.jpg
2 MB, 3038x2014
>>3172832
Yeah, I'm getting shit for tripping over on the CRT thread, too. Deal with it, I forgot to re-anonymize.

>>3172825
This kind of is making a 'game gear thread'.

Kind of.
>>
>>3172806
>Glorious Nippon electronics manufactured with real dolphin blubber.
>>
>>3171994
Not really. Not a crazy price though.

>>3172003
>implying he won't go blind from the shit screen in less than 45 minutes
>>
>>3172109
Battery technology has come a long way you fucking retard
>>
>>3172003
The charger to my old laptop works with it, no batteries needed
>>
>>3175318
True. You can now get cheap chink shit that lasts even less than low end shit from 20 years ago. kek.
>>
>>3171994
Fucking awesome find, OP. Now resell it to some schmuck for $100.

After all, retro games are basically their own economy now.
>>
>>3172885
>>implying he won't go blind from the shit screen in less than 45 minutes
What? Game Gear had a better screen than GBC easy.
>>
>>3175585
I dunno, in decent light I find the GBC screen much more easy to see. In any sort of lighting condition it's hard to make out individual pixels on a game gear.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (148 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
148 KB, 1920x1080
>>3172836
If it turns on you got a really good deal. My childhood Game Gear doesn't work anymore because the shitty caps all dried out. I'll replace them eventually but I really don't own that many games. I'll probably do it if I'm going to replace the screen with one of those McWill kits and get an Everdrive, but all that costs a fair dime so it might be a while. I'm not sure if the McWill screen mod helps the battery life at all or not but I certainly wouldn't hurt, since the stock GG screen has an actual florescent tube behind it that eats batteries like a motherfucker.
>>
>>3171994
Jurassic Park is great. Sonic 2... you'll need to learn the patterns for the first boss.
>>
>>3175695
If his LCD uses LED backlighting, it'll help a ton.

You can also put LED backlighting in with the stock screen and remove the little fluorescent bulb and improve things vastly - but not as much as a modern LCD would, quality-wise.
>>
File: GameGearScreenCompare01.jpg (124 KB, 709x429) Image search: [Google]
GameGearScreenCompare01.jpg
124 KB, 709x429
>>3175718
Yeah McWill's screens are LED backlit.

You can put a DS Lite screen backlight into a GG and it improves both the look and power life quite a bit, but unfortunately the GG's screen is by nature very blurry with washed out colors, both due to the technology available at the time, and because of the system's age. It was pretty far ahead of its time, although the new screens are a night-and-day difference even with the sacrifice of not having perfectly square pixels. Wit how small the screen is, and how blurry the original looked, you'd be hard pressed to tell that the games aren't running at their native resolution during gameplay.
>>
>>3175585
Kids thinking a screen is better just because it has a light was part of Segas whole evil scheme. The GG screen is shit and unless the device has been recapped in the last few months will be even more shit.
>>
>>3175792
>few months

any truth to this? I can imagine after 20 years but how long are new capacitors good for? I am going to put a DS Lite screen in mine, I have an old one whose DS slot doesnt work and already have an SP
>>
I still have my Game Gear from when I was a kid but the only game I have is Streets of Rage 2.

What's worth getting?
>>
File: defenders.png (22 KB, 626x288) Image search: [Google]
defenders.png
22 KB, 626x288
>>3175876
Defenders of Oasis
You get to have a genie as a party member.
>>
>>3175879
That Genie looks pissed
>>
File: G3404back.jpg (175 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
G3404back.jpg
175 KB, 700x525
>>3175879
Also this boss looks like Dark Falz
>>
>>3171994
OP! IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM PREVIOUS GG MORTAL KOMBAT OWNER.

DO NOT DO THE NUTS PUNCH ON SHANG TSUNG. IT CRASHES THE GAME.

CARRY ON.
>>
>>3175879
Badass game
>>
>>3175551
Writing kek, hahahahaha and lol at the end of everything isn't proof for your statements. And the other guy doesn't have to prove his because you assumed the burden of proof by making a counter-statement so don't even try to go down that road.

Idk about this board's policy on links but all you have to do is google it to see that you're a fucking retard.

hahahaharoflcopterlawl
>>
>>3176442
Writing those shows that the person is laughing at you. Which pretty much everyone ITT is after your silly rant.
I didn't assume anything because I didn't make any counter statement. I'm just some random guy who saw some sperg being retarded and decided to make fun of him. In typical sperg fashion you chimped out and made an ass of yourself.
>>
U did shit.

Give up.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.