[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Nintendo have Gunpei Yokoi murdered?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 260x260
Did Nintendo have Gunpei Yokoi murdered?
>>
IT'S A MYSTERY.jpg
>>
yea p. much desu senpai
>>
>>3123805
No. Gunpei didn't leave the company right after the Virtual Boy, he left in 1996 after designing the Game Boy Pocket which was the last project he worked with. He felt he should stay with the company longer even though he had already had plans to leave, since he felt he owed it to the company to design at least one more successful product to make up for the Virtual Boy's failure. Also he wasn't fired from the company, he resigned.
>>
What are you talking about?
>>
he was killed in a car crash because he was wearing the Virtual Boy while driving. fair, next.
>>
>>3123829
>Also he wasn't fired from the company, he resigned.
You can't be this naive.
>>
>>3123983
>>3124018
Nintendo hired Yakuza to kill him in a car wreck. No joke.
>>
Play with power in hell
>>
>>3124183
Yokoi rear ended a truck and then got hit by a travel agent when he got out of the car. You think Nintendo had Yakuza working as tourist agents as a front following him around 24/7 so that they could run him over in case he got into an accident with another car? I think this is a case where Occam's razor applies.

>>3124140
If Nintendo was so upset with him then why didn't they fire him right after the whole Virtual Boy thing? Instead they let him hang around for another year or so and develop the Game Boy Pocket and probably other stuff. Surely his relationship with the company would have been strained, but he was instrumental the creation of the Famicom/NES as well as the Game Boy, not to mention being involved with some very popular games/franchises like Metroid. In the long run he earned the company much more than he lost with all he did for them. Just the Game Boy itself sold ~200 million units.
>>
>>3124197
>I think this is a case where Occam's razor applies.

nice try Yakuza
>>
did you know Hiroshi Yamauchi wasn't actually a human being? He was a vessel that enclosed 7 yakuza oni spirits from 7 different regions in Japan. These oni monopolized the gambling in Japan with the hanafuda Nintendo cards and put a spell so that no other company could produce cards, truly evil.

Yamauchi, often referred to as "大魔王 ティラノ天堂" (Great Evil King Tyranotendo), tyranized the video games market with his monopolic practises, it is said that the Master System or the PC Engine didn't actually ever exist, and that they were invented time after so hide the fact that the Famicom was actually the one and only console existing in Japan.
>>
>>3124183
oh shut the fuck up lol
>>
>>3124197
>implying the Yakuza didn't already own the tourism agencies
That's how they funnel the piggo gaijins with more money than sense to blow their cash.
>>
maybe he killed himself.

A lot of people kill themselves by running into a tree or even a truck. A lot of these pass as "car accidents".

Because it was an "accident" families can collect life insurance and avoid the shame of a suicide in the family.

In this particular case, we'll never know. But I doubt it was murder. Most probably an accident or perhaps a suicide.

Perhaps he was ashamed of his failure and lost the will to live but at the same time he did not want it to be an obvious suicide as to avoid shaming nintendo.
>>
>>3124278
Yokoi had just designed the WonderSwan but died before it could be released. Don't you think he would have stuck around to have seen how that panned out before offing himself?
>>
>>3123805
Yes. They killed him. He lost so much of their money developing the virtual boy. He also racked up a hefty drug debt and ended up fucking the boss' large-breasted teenage daughter. HE WAS WILD.
>>
>>3124315
please sauce, too good to be true
>>
File: secret.gif (22 KB, 800x597) Image search: [Google]
secret.gif
22 KB, 800x597
>>
>>3124316
Sauce: dad works at Nintendo.
>>
>>3124197
Japanese companies don't work like that. They gradually put you in shittier and shittier positions and then wait for you to resign eventually. Look at Yu Suzuki.
>>
>>3124339
Nice meme, I've seen that movie as well
>>
>>3124316
"Super Mario: How Nintendo Conquered America"
>>
>>3124254
You, sir, are an idiot.
>>
>>3124254
at last i truly see..
>>
>>3124278
Wonderswan
Swan song.suicide note

Coincid3nce?
>>
>>3124656

I think you nailed it on the head.

It all makes sense now!
>>
File: 1460139963438.gif (504 KB, 334x252) Image search: [Google]
1460139963438.gif
504 KB, 334x252
>>3124254
nice tinfoil hat
>>
>>3124183
But Yakusa is a PS2 games, what does it have to do with Nintendo?
>>
>>3124853
Sony killed Nintendo and retro gaming.
>>
>>3124857
I see
>>
>>3124705
Quit spamming this gif everywhere.
>>
He's still alive, chilling with Big and Pac in Havana.
>>
>>3124857
I like the Yakuza games though so I guess it all comes out in the wash.
>>
Let me ask a question guys: a guy who invented the game & watch and the GB, who also produced many GB games and worked over 30 years in Nintendo is forced to resign and is treated like scum because he made one bad console that doesnt even was a main product. I know that in business friendship means jack shit when money is on the table, but come on, how could Nintendo destroy the man for one mistake? No wonder they got cocky fucking over Sony with Philips and got stomped in gen 5
>>
>>3124853
>>
>>3124346
Not him, but it's actually how it works in Japan. You're supposed to resign on your own in most cases, since it's embarrassing and really shameful for all parties involved otherwise.
>>
>>3123829
It's actually not his fault that the VB failed. It was Nintendo in whole which MADE it fail.
>>
>>3124197
>Japanese company
>firing an employee ever

Oh you
>>
>>3123829

Yokoi didn't want to push the Virtual Boy to the market asap. Nintendo did.

Nintendo fucked up there, not the other way around. Perhaps Yokoi could have fixed some of its issues or convinced his superiors that it wasn't worth it if he had more time.
>>
>>3124183
[citation needed]
>>
Which individuals will be murdered for the Wii U? And why hasn't Aonuma been killed yet?
>>
>>3126557
Now that I think of it, Iwata did die rather suddenly. Not sure why they keep Aonuma alive though.
>>
>>3126557
>Which individuals will be murdered for the Wii U? And why hasn't Aonuma been killed yet?

They preemptively had Yamauchi euthanized so he wouldn't be able to order the hit on them.
>>
File: smackdown-080814-dean-ambrose.jpg (129 KB, 687x522) Image search: [Google]
smackdown-080814-dean-ambrose.jpg
129 KB, 687x522
>all these people that think Nintendo didn't hire the Yakuza to kill him
>>
>>3126560
>Iwata did die rather suddenly
See >>3126562
The strain of orchestrating that is what finally caught up to Iwata.
>>
>>3126829
The truth will never be free.

Prople readily accept lies and coverups as fact. They WANT to stay fooled.
>>
>>3124959
Dat spanish filename
>>
Nintendo also basically murdered the guy who created fire emblem and the guy who made terranigma was killed by yakuza too
>>
>>3123805
Yes, and one of the developers of Panzer Dragoon Saga committed suicide when the game did not sell to expectations.
>>
his spirit is alive and encapsulated in systems such as the RetroN V
>>
>>3129728
more like trapped, akin to the Zophar sucking in the wave existence
>>
I'LL GET YOU, NINTENDO!
>>
>>3129745
*Runs over Ghost of Yokoi*
>>
File: Ken_Kutaragi_PlayStation.jpg (163 KB, 350x408) Image search: [Google]
Ken_Kutaragi_PlayStation.jpg
163 KB, 350x408
This man killed 2 entire companies if you know what i mean :^)
>>
>>3130082

Exact and Psygnosis?

Yeah, fucker.
>>
File: bn8_500.jpg (46 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
bn8_500.jpg
46 KB, 500x281
>>3129745
>>3129750
Shouldn't haf laffed.
>>
>>3123805
Are you serious right now dude? Really? Fuck you man don't even joke about this kind of stuff. Someone get rid of this thread immediately please.
>>
>>3130359
its been a rumor for a long time, even if it's stupid
>>
>>3130380
I don't care where it came from shithead I just want this thread REMOVED NOW
>>
>>3130387
are you in danger anon? are the yakuza watching you? blink twice if you're not alone.

please don't murder me yakuza monitoring this thread
>>
>>3124894
The rumor was that Yokoi kept pushing for the VB to get made, and due to the immense clout that he had at the company, he forced its release even though others at the company had serious doubts about it.
>>
I believe this, japs are sneaky.

http://book.geocities.jp/japans_conspiracy/01/index.html
>>
Yakuza ain't shit.
you thought wrong, bitch now suck my big American dick
>>
Yoshinori Ono also got deathly ill after the failure of his game, Street Fighter x Tekken.
>>
File: amused lizard.gif (1 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
amused lizard.gif
1 MB, 300x168
>>3124254
This is now nintendo canon.
>>
>>3131485
>geocities
>.jp
>"harakiri aesthetics"
>...
Seriously? Go back to /pol/ or some other trollhole.
>>
>>3123805
No. John F. Kennedy traveled to the future and murdered him. Lee Harvey Oswald found out, and that's why JFK had to shoot him.
>>
>Gunpei
>GUNpei
>GUN die
>shot with a massive caliber (car sized)
>>
File: gunpei yokoi.jpg (193 KB, 821x540) Image search: [Google]
gunpei yokoi.jpg
193 KB, 821x540
>>3123805
>>
>>3131880
Nintendo shills in thread confirmed.

Japanese local police and the mafia are usually in cahoots too.

To think that Nintendo could have grown to its current size without some mafia influence is naive.
>>
>>3135037

They were not only linked to the mafia, but to actual oni from hell too.

Did you know, Hiroshi Yamauchi wasn't actually a human being? He was a vessel that enclosed 7 oni from 7 different regions from Japan.
>>
>>3135040
Every time, dude. Every time I read this I fucking laugh my ass off.
>>
File: triforce.gif (77 KB, 350x389) Image search: [Google]
triforce.gif
77 KB, 350x389
>>3135040
I believe that the triforce is a type of Shinto magic intended to bring wealth and summon demons to possess youngsters in the USA so Japan can finally conquer the world.

https://web.archive.org/web/20090826234617/http://popularsymbolism.wordpress.com/2008/12/12/legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past-shintoism-at-play-spoilers/
>>
>>3124315
>He also racked up a hefty drug debt and ended up fucking the boss' large-breasted teenage daughter. HE WAS WILD.
literally just like one of my poorly drawn hentais
>>
File: 6894-1.jpg (102 KB, 690x525) Image search: [Google]
6894-1.jpg
102 KB, 690x525
>>3135096
Lego did the exact same thing, even the same year with Blacktron
>>
>>3135169
>http://book.geocities.jp/japans_conspiracy/01/index.html

The conspiracy includes even the Danes.

This is getting too weird.
>>
>>3135096
Hylia is the realm of perfect objects in Platonism. Deepest lore.
>>
File: kuniyoshi_the_frog_wars__4.jpg (292 KB, 1434x1075) Image search: [Google]
kuniyoshi_the_frog_wars__4.jpg
292 KB, 1434x1075
>>3135652
Thank you for reading that article. I didn't write it and was saddened to see the Yakuza had purged it from the web. Thankfully it was archived so their plot is laid bare.

The Japanese are truly using ancient Shinto magic to conquer the barbarian races.

The sun will rise again for the Empire of Japan.
>>
File: yamauchi.jpg (86 KB, 494x307) Image search: [Google]
yamauchi.jpg
86 KB, 494x307
>>3135040
>Did you know, Hiroshi Yamauchi wasn't actually a human being? He was a vessel that enclosed 7 oni from 7 different regions from Japan.
I believe it. Everything I've read about him suggests that he was a real cutthroat bastards.
>>
>>3130638
I heard the complete opposite, that it was executive meddling that pushed it out the door before it was ready, with Yokoi trying to delay it.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.