[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Retro tattoos? Yay or nay?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 18
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 236x259) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 236x259
Retro tattoos?

Yay or nay?
>>
>Tattoos
>>
Nay because tattoos are stupid.
>>
Nay to tattoos in general
...but if I ever changed my mind, pic related.
>>
Tattoos are for faggots
>>
>>3077849
>>3077850
>>3077853

Perma-nerds detected.
>>
File: Hylia-Zeldas-Lullaby6.jpg (1 MB, 2400x1594) Image search: [Google]
Hylia-Zeldas-Lullaby6.jpg
1 MB, 2400x1594
NSFW although it doesn't show anything
>>
Tattoos in general are degenerate and in particular, tattoos of media but if you MUST get a media tattoo I suppose it's best if it is of something that has already been confirmed as timeless.
>>
>>3077863
That silent hill tattoo is disgusting.
>>
If I ever were to get a tattoo, the only ones I think I'd go with would be the Sigma/Maverick/Irregular logo or the Team Rocket "R." My general feeling is that tattoos should be designs or simple logos. Hoping that your tattoo artist gets a character or real person to look just right in a mostly permanent medium seems like a big risk. Something fairly simple like Kirby or an 8 bit copy the dots thing would probably work, too.
>>
>>3077863
it's like, we get it, you're a gamer grrl
>>
You should really kill yourselves.
>>
>>3077863
>lamb of god

What an edgy faggot
>>
>>3077848

Sure, if it's well done. The problem with retro tattoo's is that in general they don't seem well done. The art is simplistic, the message behind them is simplistic, the entire idea isn't that interesting to me.

If it's aesthetically pleasing I say sure go for it. Usually retro gaming tattoo's come across as cluttered though. Too many colors, to much information crammed into one picture to try to establish an idea of nostalgia.
>>
>>3077906

What the fuck is up with me and apostrophes?

I've got to learn to proofread my shit.
>>
My cock

It's tattooed to look like Gex

I regret it immensely
>>
>>3077918
>it's cock time
>>
>>3077849
>>3077850
>>3077853
>>3077861
>>3077870
this tbqh famicom
>>
>>3077876
Want to know the part that will make you rage the most? those are from the movie and/or Homecoming. Personally I don't care since I love both.
>>
I would never get any tattoo because I think in the long run. No tattoo is gonna look cool once you're 60 and your skin is sagging.
>>
>>3077862
Oh, the irony.
>>
>>3077848
Tatoos are for micro-penis manlets without self-confidence.
>>
>>3077848
I think tattoos in general are kind of lame, but a gaming tattoo is especially retarded. Maybe something simplistic like >>3077853 would work, but I'd only get that if I was like a pro SSB player. Gaming isn't really that fashionable (despite the whole hipster retro gaming boom), which is why you don't see game t-shirts as often as band t-shirts.
>>
No. No, no, no, no, BAD IDEA.
>>
>>3077863
A fucking band logo as a tattoo, you've got to be fucking kidding me
>>
>>3077863
>windows papyrus font on your thigh
kek
>>
>>3077906
Autism the post
>>
File: 1428327528514.jpg (29 KB, 299x275) Image search: [Google]
1428327528514.jpg
29 KB, 299x275
>>3077863
>suicide girls
>>
>>3078084
Yeah Dude a tattoo should just be like whatever. It's not like it's permanent. Overthinking stuff is for spergs.
>>
>>3077863
Gross
>>
>Tattoos
>Permanently implanting memes that will get old and stale on your skin
>>
>>3077863

100% of the time, girls who have tattoos like this haven't even played the games they have tattoos of
>>
>>3077848
Only asshole degenerate scumbags have tattoos. Becasue they are video game related also means you're autistic. Nay.
>>
>>3077862
What does that say about the fucking attention-starved neo-nerd who's drawing stupid shit on his body permanently like a 4 year-old who's just been introduced to permanent marker?

Fuck off.
>>
>>3077848
>respect your roots
>not pong
underage pls go
>>
>>3077848

Not retro unless you got it before 2000

report and ignore
>>
>>3077863
it's like I can already see the C - section..
>>
>>3077863
Although I liked the Silent Hill movie, I have no idea why someone would get a tattoo of it. Unless of course you've never played any of the games, in which case, why get a fucking Silent Hill tattoo.
>>
>>3078283
>100% of the time
lol'd every time but I'll actually go as far as seriously estimating 95% lack a real understanding of the game and approaching 100% have not beaten it.
>>
>>3078596
I wonder, then, why get the tattoo? Do they have a neckbeard fetish?
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>>3078058
look at this shit
>>
>>3078705
Nerds are sexy now and if you're a legit 90s nerd like a lot of us ~40 year olds are then you're party of the generation that won that war. Reap the trashy rewards. I know I sure have.
>>
Stop responding to /v/ threads everybody...
>>
>>3077863
>probably fucked member of lamb of god
>has tatts of "nerd" stuff
>suicide girls

Girls with tattoos are pretty reliably easy from my experience. They crave attention so much. They've had sex at a very early age, have parental issues, pyscho moms, are driven by status and money yet do so little to improve their own life. Serial cheaters. By watchful senpai ! It's the post-avril lavigne generation. They grew up watching pussy cat dolls and shitty whiney emo punk.
>>
>tattoos
No.

When the fuck did tattoos become something for any fucking dumbshit to get? If you're not a fucking prisoner or former prisoner, a biker, some fucking weirdass tribesman with cultural tattooing, or something similar, just fucking don't.
>>
>>3078084

Nah, not really.
>>
>>3078810
Its /v/ responding to /v/ threads on /vr/. Thats why the /vr/ core threads are almost unchanged except occasional retards leaking in.
>>
>>3077848
This is the only video game tattoo that I've seen that doesn't look like shit.
>>
>>3079587
Mediocre idea.
Still looks like shit.
>>
>>3079587

>retro themed confederacy aesthetic

Fucking disgusting, I'm going to die.
>>
>>3079587
It's cute. I'd bust on it a half dozen times before I got sick of her no doubt barely tolerable personality.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (21 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
21 KB, 384x384
>>3080570
>>
>>3080607
Nah I'm lame I don't have any tattoos
>>
You guys have such terrible prejudices against tattoos, I'm amazed.

It's as if I said adults who play video games are irresponsible imature manchildren who still live off their parents and aren't a productive part of society.

Tattoos have become very widespread, just like video games.
>>
>>3080641
Tattoos are no more common or respectable than they were 20 or 30 years ago. The same painfully cool 20 year olds are getting them now will be the same 40 and 50 year old regretting them there's just significantly more crossover with nerd culture than their used to be thanks to us 40 and 50 year old nerds who made it cool in the 90s and most of us think tattoos are trashy, for the trashy nu-nerds. Good for a romp but not exactly quality people.
>>
>>3077848
>my "roots" are SSB for WiiU (2014)
>I will permanently inscribe this fact on my body
>>
>>3080665
Hahahaha omg I have on and off been racking my mind about what these Nintendo, Capcom and Namco characters specifically all have in common.
>>
File: Yakuza-Tattoo-Image-8.jpg (120 KB, 800x990) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza-Tattoo-Image-8.jpg
120 KB, 800x990
>>3080641

I think most tattoos look terrible.

Something like pic related looks nice, but I think that's done with a different kind of ink and a different tattooing technique than what you'd get from some regular western urban tattoo shop.

I cringe every time I see someone with an arm full of pseudo japanese-style tattoos like loto flowers and koi fish with that shitty ink, I don't know why these became trendy years ago.
>>
I have a triforce tattoo on my thigh.
>all these anons being butthurt about what people put on their skin
kek
who gives a fuck
>>
>>3080664
Video games aren't any more respectable than they were 20 years ago. The same painfully cool 20 years old playing them now will be the same 40 and 50 years old regretting wasting so much time of their lives, there's just significantly more crossover with pop culture than there used to thanks to the 40 and 50 years olds nerds who still play 20 years old games. Most of us think video games are for immature manchildren. Good for a romp but not exactly quality people.
>>
>>3080695
Maybe try posting that on the tattoo subboard. Oh, wait. There isn't one because tattoos are trash.
>>
>>3077863
It looks like she just got random shit on her stomach there is no rhyme or reason to the placement it looks like someones 6th grade
composition notebook.
>>
>>3077918
If this is true you know we are gonna need some
pics and a time stamp dude.
>>
>>3077918
Woah hey dude me too

Not even kidding

Don't regret it yet, it's kinda fuckin funny. It makes me laugh to think that it's there even when I am completely clothed and not looking, burst into laughter at work and couldn't stop at least once. Why do you regret it man?
>>
>>3080684
I don't really mind what other people do with their skin, but I usually don't find it pretty (with some exceptions).
>>
File: bed.jpg (498 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
bed.jpg
498 KB, 1024x683
How can a man with such awesome tats put out such epic music???
>>
>>3083589

>making exaggerated knob twists for the photo

all my "DJ" friends do this for their FB profile pics, it's ridiculous.
>>
>>3077848
this image bugs me. pacman is a much older character compared to the nintendo shit like kirby or even link. mario, I can kinda understand, but he's clearly in his smw artstyle here. anyways, stupid shit, tats of video games are dumb, woulda been cool to see something like, a galaga tat tho
>>
I'll probably never get a tattoo, but if I was forced to pick, I'd go with the Neversoft eyeball; it makes a kickass tattoo even if you don't know what it's about/representing
>>
>>3082265
it's like she's going to wake up and forget what she liks one day. "oh shit who am I? Oh thank god, I know exactly what I like, thanks me."
>>
I have this Griever on my arm.

Am I faggot?
>>
File: tattoo.png (663 KB, 608x623) Image search: [Google]
tattoo.png
663 KB, 608x623
>>3077848
Left: Yay
Right: Nay
>>
>>3077848
Left: Cool
Right: Autistic
>>
File: zelda-tat.jpg (39 KB, 450x587) Image search: [Google]
zelda-tat.jpg
39 KB, 450x587
>>3084204
>>
File: Halo_of_the_Sun.png (99 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
Halo_of_the_Sun.png
99 KB, 2400x2400
>>3077863
>silent hill
if anything, i REALLY wanna get something like this tatooed
>>
>>3077870
Tip that fedora any harder, and you'll knock the earth off it's axis...

Do you think piercings are degenerate too? How about revealing clothing? Makeup? Where does it stop for you? I have tats, and they're pretty run of the mill. I'm a fairly respected person, and no one I know has ever called me a degenerate.

Well, this one old hag with some literal autism and still lives with her 80 year old parents told me that tattoos are degenerate. But she had just finished ranting about how Caddyshack is a terrible movie, so I suppose she was on a roll, lol...
>>
>>3084121
Nah. It's cool bruh.

Actually, would you be mad if I stole your idea? I'm thinking of getting it on my wrist...
>>
>>3084275
>I'm a fairly respected person, and no one I know has ever called me a degenerate.

I can tell this is absolutely true because of how defensive you got on an anonymous online image board.
>>
File: foxhound.jpg (21 KB, 300x272) Image search: [Google]
foxhound.jpg
21 KB, 300x272
I've taken a liking to the old Foxhound logo form MG2. I would get it on my left arm like Meryl has it in MGS but I'm not a girl and if any of my friends get the reference they will probably never let me live it down.
>>
>>3084305

I never noticed the bullet bill look alike on that logo
>>
>>3084305
If you want people who don't know Metal Gear to think you're a furry, then sure go ahead.
>>
>>3084280
It's not really my idea. I've seen many people with Griever
>>
>>3084317
I'd be surprised if there are people that don't know Metal Gear but DO know furries.
>>
>>3084275
While much more easily removed, yes I do think piercings are also degenerate other than ear piercings on women and a lot of people agree with me. In fact, you might even call us a "silent majority". Watch for us in November.
>>
>>3084305
Just get the damn tat, Mike.
>>
>>3077962
Are you really going to care what you look like when you're 60? What are doing? Going out to the clubs? Model auditions?
>>
Jesus fuck no fuck
>>
>>3084305
i want this now

btw meryls is blue not orange so im sure they wouldnt bug you on getting it
>>
>>3077848
nay
>>
If I was going to get a vidya tattoo I would get something that would only be recognizable to other vidya fans rather than a triforce or mario or something. Maybe a chozo statue or foxhound symbol.
>>
File: tattoo.png (412 KB, 800x807) Image search: [Google]
tattoo.png
412 KB, 800x807
This is the only tattoo you'll ever need to get.
>>
>>3084121
Yes.
>>
>>3084904
> I do think piercings are also degenerate other than ear piercings on women

What accounts for such an arbitrary distinction?
>>
>>3085712
Social mores, Idiot.
>>
>>3085737
So hostile! So your answer is "because society said so?" I hope not, since, for one, social mores on body piercings have been pretty relaxed for a while now.
>>
>>3085759
That must be why you see so many judges and doctors with facial piercings and neck tattoos. Seriously though congratulations on finally landing that job at Hot Topic. I know you've been trying hard lately.
>>
>>3085769
>these ridiculous responses

You're either trying too hard or not enough.
>>
>>3085773
Are you just trying to rationalize your hidden rebellious body mod or something? Nobody online wants to hear about your nipple piercing any more than your coworkers do, Drew Carey.
>>
>>3077848

I want to know who this guy is so I can call him a fag in real life.
>>
>>3084204
both of those are autistic
>>
>>3085849
We both know you really wouldn't do that if you had the opportunity, but you'd post about it on a message board.
>>
>>3077848
>Tattoo for random media, and not important experiences that shape your life heavily, making it worth etching on your skin

Fucking faggots.
>>
>>3077863
>lamb of god
>suicide girls
>playboy bunny

Kill it.
>>
>>3084173
>Left: Nay
>Right: Nay
>>
>>3077863
>having a tattoo in Papyrus font
I laughed in real life.
>>
>>3084204
Both of them are pretty stupid if you ask me. People who get Legend of Zelda tattoos are generally the kind of people who scream "look at me I'm such a nerd" even though they never touched any of the games and get all their "geek knowledge" from the Big Bang theory.
>>
Can mods lock this thread already
>>
>>3084173
Don't get the lambda. It's a gay symbol. Unless of course you want that sort of attention, then it's win/win.
>>3084204
The right one is at least well done. It is pretty garish, though.
>>
>>3077863

Look at this fucking whore, branding herself with all these corporate logos. Disgusting.
>>
>>3077918
>>3082362

I refuse to beleive that not only one, but two different guys on this board have Gex tattooed on their cocks. I'm going to need to ask for pictures too.
>>
Nay, tattoos in general are for
try-hard bitches who aren't
comfortable being themselves
and want to look edgy.

Getting a video game tattoo
is like moving the opposite
direction of "edgy".
>>
>>3087534
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.