[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comfy Point-And-Click Adventure Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: eco2_bat_touch.jpg (58 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
eco2_bat_touch.jpg
58 KB, 640x400
For the recommendation and discussion of only the comfiest point-and-click adventure games. Games that are more about atmosphere, character, artwork, than just frustrating moon-logic puzzles.

I'll start off with EcoQuest 2, an educational, immersive jungle experience with anthropomorphic wildlife. I used to play this over and over, trying to max out the score by filling the funky handheld computer with all of the rainforest trivia I could find.

Plus that is a really sexy bat.
>>
I played this but there was a bug where I couldn't get past the part with the tree spirit or whatever

Just a black screen with the music still playing
>>
>>3072695
I seem to remember something like that happening to me as well, and ended up having to reinstall the game.

I wonder if the copy on abandonia has the same issue...
>>
>>3072683
Myst is pretty comfy
>>
File: 91d6bf624d[1].jpg (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
91d6bf624d[1].jpg
86 KB, 500x500
>>3072683
Used to play the shit out of this on the old windows computers at my elementary school.

It's an educational game where you swim around as different fish and learn what they eat and their different predators and stuff.

You start with some small fish and level up to progressively bigger fish until you are a motherfuckin' shark.
>>
>>3072930
>Myst is pretty comfy
Comfy, sure.

Point and click adventure, fuck no.
>>
Pajama Sam 1 & 3 are prime comfy
>>
Why are old point and click adventure games so good /vr/? Why do modern adventure games feel so empty.
>>
Anyone else a fan of this old fossil?
>>
Anyone got any recommendations or is there a list of these types of games that are good? I loved the first two monkey island games and i´ve been thinking about trying out the genre itself. Is there any games as good as monkey island or is that the cherry of it all?
>>
>>3073127
Myst in an adventure game that you control by pointing and clicking on things.

I don't know why people starting using "point and click" to mean "third person graphical adventure." It's weird.
>>
King's quest 5 and onward
>>
>>3075748
Do you need to play the first 4 for story or can you play 5 and onward and not be confused all the time?
>>
RealMyst is turbocomfy. Especially the hidden age.

Riven is also comfy as fuck. Make sure to keep a notebook.
>>
File: curse-of-enchantia_27.gif (50 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
curse-of-enchantia_27.gif
50 KB, 320x200
>>
File: stranger.png (80 KB, 561x459) Image search: [Google]
stranger.png
80 KB, 561x459
>>3072930
Comfy but lonely.
>>
Goblins 1, 2, 3
>>
File: 1422755145817.jpg (104 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1422755145817.jpg
104 KB, 300x400
>>3072683
Neverhood ... Can get kinda tricky tho but has some comfy parts.
>>
>>3073127
How so?
>>
File: kyrandia_2.png (67 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
kyrandia_2.png
67 KB, 640x400
The Kyrandia games are some of my favorites, but not all of them qualify as "Comfy". 1 is more your traditional fantasy romp with some frustrating randomized puzzles, and 3 is more point-and-click comedy than anything else.

Kyrandia 2 is probably the best balance, which makes it my favorite. Good amount of humor, but not over the top; good amount of puzzles, but not completely opaque (with maybe one exception).
>>
>>3075698
The usual recommendations you'll find will be mostly for Sierra / LucasArts, as they pretty much set the standard for the genre. King's Quest and Space Quest (mainly the later titles); Grim Fandango, Sam and Max... hard to go wrong with those publishers.
>>
>>3075503
That's a good question. I think what really makes a good adventure game is attention to detail -- not necessarily graphical, but detailed interaction and completeness of scene; when the artwork, sound, and description/dialog all come together. I guess what it boils down to is good writing and good direction, which doesn't always happen.

There are a lot of shitty old point and clicks, too, of course.
>>
>>3072683
>Ecoquest 2
mah cracka.
I was stuck for 1 (ONE) year on the part where you are supposed to click on the tail's tiger.
>>
Where do you guys get a hold of these games? You buy them? It´s rare to find many of the older games online.
>>
>>3076067
>>3076067
Many of the major titles are available on gog.com for purchase, and in turn can be found on various torrent sites for non-purchase.

As for the more obscure ones, there are various abandonware communities around (abandonia, myabandonware, home of the underdogs). Probably some better sources than those, but that's where I usually go.
>>
>>3075853
This game freaked me out as a kid simply because the sky was black.
>>
>>3076043
Yeah, the whole scene in the logging camp is a little batshit (heh).
>>
File: 1458559731902.png (10 KB, 390x413) Image search: [Google]
1458559731902.png
10 KB, 390x413
>>3072683
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.