[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, just hooked up my SNES to my HDTV for the first time,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: scart-to-hdmi-1-device.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
scart-to-hdmi-1-device.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Hey guys, just hooked up my SNES to my HDTV for the first time, just had some questions.

I have this problem, where the video signal can get really 'shaky' or 'wobbly' its really bad and annoying to play on.

What are my options to improve the video signal on my TV? I know there are some devices like the one I have pictured here, are they any good, what ones are worth the money, and what are the costs of them?

Are there any other options? I've heard of modded SNES systems, too... how do those work? How much better does RGB cables look, and can you get RGB cables that work with the SNES without modding it? Will it fix the shaking issue of my console on my TV?

Thanks for any help.
>>
>>2933704
Check out these resources:

http://boards.4chan.org/vr/catalog/crt
(They're experts on getting good picture quality, even on non-crt televisions. Don't be afraid to ask questions, but don't storm into a crt thread to convince everyone that your LCD tv is better, basically: don't be a retard)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTNBVisVMbSR1ZDDQRgjg6S9D2YQ4rwnZ
(Great video series. There is a video in particular called "Getting the best picture from your Super Nintendo" all about the topic you bring up)

In the future, please don't make threads like this - another discussion was removed from this board just to make room for your thread.
>>
>>2933757
My bad, meant to post:
http://boards.4chan.org/vr/crt
>>
>>2933704
first, you need to connect your console with an RGB cable. Make sure you get one adapted for your console (I'm guessing you have an american SNES).
Then, make sure you set the output as 1080p so your tv doesn't do any scaling. Also set your tv to "game mode" if applicable.

Do note that these devices add lag (between 2 and 4 frames, 1 frame is 1/60s ), on top of the display. I can play fine on my pc monitor (because it doesn't process image before displaying), but I tried on a HDTV and despite using game mode, the lag was much more noticiable.
>>
>>2933704
>hooked up my SNES to my HDTV
Well there's yer problem
>>
>>2933704
If you're rich you could get the Framemeister

http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/XRGB-mini_FRAMEMEISTER
>>
>>2934004
>>if your're rich
if you're not save for it.
>>
>>2934003
I agree, he should've been hooking up a Genesis instead.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.