[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone have any experience with the twin famicom?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
anyone have any experience with the twin famicom?
>>
>>2842181
I own one. Bought it at Super Potato when I was in Tokyo.
Pretty much the best famicom console I own
(compared to an original Famicom or a famiclone)
Plus you get the built-in disk system.
Only downside, the controller cords are too damn short.
>>
>>2842225
shorter than the original famicom?
>>
>>2842227
Maybe 3 or 4 inches longer.
>>
File: image.jpg (894 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
894 KB, 2592x1936
don't wanna bother making a thread, but does anyone know what kinda light gun this is? Found today at goodwill, haven't tried it out yet.
>>
>>2842278
It's just a cheapo famiclone light gun.
>>
>>2842278
99% sure that that's a NES connector. If you have a NES with Duck Hunt along with a CRT TV, you can try it out.
>>
>>2842284
Yeah, I knew it went with the NES, I've just never seen this sort of gun before, only the zapper.
>>2842283
about what I assumed, any way of finding out which one, or are they all pretty much the same thing?
>>
>>2842298
They're pretty much all the same.
Finding out the exact model is going to be a pain,
there's thousands of em.
Just type "famiclone light gun" on google,
you'll see what I mean.
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 768x761) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 768x761
>>2842310
Oh wow, I see. This thing doesn't even fit my working knockoff either, that sucks.
>>
>>2842181
I have one, it works as expected really, it's a Famicom and Disk System in one. Solidly built, works well, just be mindful that you may have to replace the drive belt in the disk drive at some point.
>>
I have the Turbo Twin Famicom pictured myself. It's great. The wires are longer than the original Famicom and standard Twin, and controller 2 contains a microphone, so you can use it in games like Zelda and Kid Icarus. You can also play NES games with an adapter.

It also has AV out, which is better than RF and probably necessary if you live in a PAL region. Unfortunately, it has the same vertical lines as the original Famicom and the NES toploader.

It's very important to get a unit that includes the power supply. The Twin Famicom uses a 7.6v power supply, and it can be hard to get a replacement. The only other system that uses that is the FamicomTitler (which was also made by Sharp).

Like the standard Famicom, there is an expansion port that you can connect an external controller to, such as the Hudson Joycard. I have an adapter that allows me to plug in two NES controllers myself, so I just use that. It's important to note that if you are interested in multiplayer, the only controller that works as controller 2 is the hardwired one, same as the original Famicom. Controller 2 also does not have Select or Start buttons, which can be a problem if playing some NES games with an adapter.

The sound is apparently muffled, although I've never had a problem with it myself. If you're technically minded, you can fix it with a mod. Games with expansion audio are balanced though, unlike the AV Famicom. Also, if you want to use FDSStick instead of disks (which you will have to for some games like the notoriously unreliable Castlevania 2 FDS) you'll have to buy a separate RAM adapter.
>>
>>2842595
excellent post. thanks m8
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.