[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What PSX emulator do you use?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: metal-gear-solid.jpg (83 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
metal-gear-solid.jpg
83 KB, 1024x768
epsxe sucks ass

pick related, what I'm trying to play but it doesn't save.
>>
>>2826603

Use save state
>>
>>2826603
I just use a PSP. It's not perfect with everything apparently, but I haven't had any trouble.
>>
>>2826603
I use pcsxr
there are probably better choices but it just werks for me.
>>
>>2826619
have you played mgs on it?
>>
>>2826603
I use retroarch's mednafen core

also I don't understand why no one reads the fucking wiki clearly linked to in the stickied thread

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/PlayStation_emulators
>>
>>2826627
I have read the wiki, I'm wanting more choices and general opinion on here
>>
epsxe
>>
>>2826603
>>2826619

pcsxr and epsxe are both plugin based

if op thinks epsxe is ass he's not gonna like pcsxr much better
>>
PSXfin/Xebra are basically as hardware-accurate as PSX emulation gets, if you're not bothered about resolution and shit give one a try.
>>
>PSXfin
It has a weird following that continues to claim it's the best, but there has never been a time where it actually has been the best. In 2009 or so PSXauthor promised he'd be back soon with a big update that would make it undisputed best.

>Xebra
No subchannel support which trips up a bunch of EU/JP games, but other than that it's pretty great all round. One guy complained about the interface and it quickly reached meme-status in what was left of the community. File->Open is apparently too hard for some people. Supports Pocketstation.

>Mednafen
A bit more obtuse than the rest but it's top of the leaderboard in compatibility.

>ePSXe, PCSX-r
High-res polys are the biggest reason left to use them if you like that sort of thing, but they'll still do the job.
>>
I use ePSXe because it's the only one I could get to save correctly which enabled me to transfer saves too and from PC for backup reasons.
>>
PC version works well.
>>
>>2826732
>In 2009 or so PSXauthor promised he'd be back soon with a big update that would make it undisputed best.
This sounds very familiar. PSXfin confirmed to be the ZSNES of PS1 emus?

>ePSXe
It actually does astoundingly well for mobile, mostly because they use more of a "works out of the box" approach and is updated routinely. If Retroarch doesn't work right for you for whatever reason it's second best right now on Android.

For PC I agree with you completely though.
>>
>>2826603
>but it doesn't save.

Why is that? I keep having the same issue.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.