[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have a game in your collection forever >only just now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: Shadowrun Genesis.jpg (121 KB, 640x897) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun Genesis.jpg
121 KB, 640x897
>have a game in your collection forever
>only just now realize it has some value to it

Whats the most valuable cart/disc in your collection?
>>
I don't know. Why would I look to see what the games in my collection are worth? I have no intention of ever selling them, I got them to play.
>>
>>2826110
Neither do I, I just enjoy the novelty of finding out a game I have is sought after.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (168 KB, 818x923) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
168 KB, 818x923
>>2826095
I don't really have much that's valuable but it's kinda weird seeing games I spent less than $10 to get a complete copy not even six years ago raise more than twice that.
>>
Depends I guess.

Off the top of my head:
>NES: Gargoyles Quest 2, or Sword Master

>SNES: A bunch that are worth a lot, Megaman X2, X3, Chrono Trigger, Dragon View, TMNT4, Sunset Riders probably CT or X2 or 3 being the most expensive

>N64: Ogre battle 64 probably

>Gamecube: Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes

>Wii: All worthless

>Wii-U: Probably Pikmin 3

>Gameboy Colour: Metal Gear Solid or Resident evil Gaiden

>Gameboy Advance: Honestly probably Knight of Lodis or Metroid Zero mission

>PS1: Misadventures of Tron Bonne

>PS2: Rule of Rose

>PS3: Probably Demon's Souls or Dark Souls Collectors edition, but I don't know for sure

>PS4: Bloodborne Collectors Edition

>Xbox: Steel Battalion or Phantom Dust probably, maybe Panzer Dragoon Orta

>Neo Geo MVS: Its gotta be Sengoku 3 (paid 40, ebay says its worth 300+)

>Genesis: Truxton or Bloodlines/Hard Corps
>>
I've still got the original carts and instruction manuals for Super Metroid, Secret of Mana and Secret of Evermore as well as some others. PAL versions though so I don't know if they're worth anything.
>>
I've got a complete perfect condition copy of Shenmue for the dreamcast that I got for 5 bucks back when DC stuff was going for cheap
>>
I got Panzer Dragoon Saga, Shining Force III and Burning Rangers the day they came out for RRP.
>>
File: 1444141404149.gif (2 MB, 339x207) Image search: [Google]
1444141404149.gif
2 MB, 339x207
>>2826147
That's not particularly rare though, right? It sold like 1.5 million units.

I know that PAL copies of Shenmue 2 go for a fair amount, but I could never sell mine I love it too much.
>>
>>2826156
Nah but for a short while after 3 was announced(still trying to get used to saying that) the game's price flew drastically but eventually dropped back down.
>>
>>2826115

I bought that shit brand new for $20 in 1995... I finally beat it last week because it used to rape me as a kid.
>>
>>2826095
yeah genesis shadowrun is a must have.

I got river city ransom in near perfect condition.
>>
On the N64 I've got Smash Bros, Majora's Mask Collectors Edition, and Castlevania Legacy of Darkenss, all of which are worth over $40 according to pricecharting. I have both of the Shining force games which are expensive compared to the rest of the genesis library, and I also own MegamanX.

>>2826123
most of your non-/vr/ stuff listed is worth like $10.
>>
>>2826167
Er, correction, most of the Xbox stuff you've got listed is like $10.
I just bought Orta for $5 shipped last week.
>>
File: n64_worms_armageddon_p_itwys9.jpg (60 KB, 640x469) Image search: [Google]
n64_worms_armageddon_p_itwys9.jpg
60 KB, 640x469
Worms Armageddon for n64. Bought it for 15 dollars when a game store was shutting down in 2004.
>>
I've had Diddy Kong Racing and FZero X. Are they worth anything?
>>
Well I have the original big boxed copy of ff7 for pc with manual and etched discs. Until recently itbwas worth around 200 quid, about 8 times what I paid for it. Now there are digital versions coming out left and right and a remake on the way so idk how much it's worth now...
>>
>>2827908
Just checked. Going for about the price I bought it for back in the day on ebay now. Oh well. Not like I was gonna sell it.

My friend has boxed pal streets of rage 3 with manual and my boss has a sealed copy of japanese shenmue 2. They're both pretty expensive.
>>
Threw a Virtual Boy and games in the fucking trash before 9/11
>>
>>2827917
... why?
>>
>>2826153
I'd say its some saturn game for me too. Hyper Duel is probably the rarest Ive got, not even sure what ridiculous price its up to in 2015.
>>
I have a boxed Pikachu Nintendo 64 that I got 7 or 8 years ago for around 30 dollars. It's complete except for the watch and the microphone holder for the controller.
>>
>>2826095
I think Akumajou Dracula for Super Famicom for me. That shit's hard to find
>>
>>2828604
What do you mean "why"? It's a Virtual Boy. He was probably miffed that the library sucked so he trashed it instead of offloading it on someone else.

I mean, that's what he should have done, but his stance is understandable.
>>
xenosaga 3
>>
>>2826095
>Be 8 years old
>also be a humongous fuck up.
>Lose your copy of conkers bad fur day
>12 years later
>go to buy yourself another copy because the game was dope as fuck.
>Cart is 80 beaver bux
>devote life to building a time machine to travel back in time and slap the fuck out of 8 year old me.
>>
I got Tron Bonne in a bargain bin in front of EB Games when PS1 was on the way out. It was $10, I think.
>>
>>2829883
More like slap the fuck out of your parents for letting 8yo play Conker.
>>
>>2832319
I was that age when I played Doom. Get back in the kitchen, soccer mom.
>>
I didn't know Wayne's World was valuable until like a yeah ago
>>
An English version of Giga Wings 2 I found at a yard sale I sold to a local store a few weeks ago.
>>
I don't know. I own games because I like them and not because they're valuable so I've never bothered looking up what any might be worth.
Although, I did come into possession of some Saturn games for some inexplicable reason even though I've never owned a Saturn (my brother had one, though, but none of the games I have right now are games he had) so with the exception of the Saturn games, all the games I own, I own because I like them and not because they're valuable.
>>
Looked this up recently for some reason. Turns out its like a 35 dollar game. Probably not the most valuable in my collection but I was surprised at how much is was going for. No clue how long ive had it.

The most valuable game I have is probably Symphony of the night.
>>
File: Ninja_Gaiden_Shadow_(NA).jpg (74 KB, 350x352) Image search: [Google]
Ninja_Gaiden_Shadow_(NA).jpg
74 KB, 350x352
>>2833939
Forgot pic
>>
>>2826110

>hurr durr i'm trying so hard to sound non-hipster that i block out all external information that surrounds me... i visit retro gaming message boards but will never ever encounter discussion regarding the value of a cart i may own being higher than i thought. i also enjoy shitposting by being a contrarian for the hell of it.

in other words, fuck you asshole.
>>
>>2833950
Not him, but you sound rather upset that there are people who simply don't know and mostly don't care about the "value" of things they own.
You know, because of people like him and me, Antiques Roadshow can exist.

Because of people like you, people like me can make money off of things we don't personally consider anywhere near as valuable as people like you do. Which is why we can part with them with little remorse while people like you would sooner pluck out their own eye than part ways with their precious Earthbound.
So you do you, we'll do us and, when the time comes, we'll come out on top while you've squandered your pennies on toys.
>>
>>2833994
>>2833950
shake your dicks, this pissing contest is over.
>>
>>2833950
I have no interest in ever selling or giving away my video games, so looking up the current market value of them is pointless to me. If I do encounter that information, I just go "huh, didn't know" and continue on with my life.
>>
>>2833994

who the fuck said i'm into reselling or collecting? i'm just calling an asshole out on obnoxious shitposting and contributing nothing. his post sounds so holier-than-thou it's fucking pathetic. it's friday. get drunk, faggots.
>>
>>2832325
>kids
>playing violent fps titles
you're parent a shit
>>
File: 1283670335976.gif (49 KB, 212x407) Image search: [Google]
1283670335976.gif
49 KB, 212x407
Don't really keep up with the prices of the games I already own.
I've had Earthbound for a long while.
I just found out recently that Bubble Bobble 2 is $400ish.
Other than those, I'd assume most of my stuff is under $100.
Oh, and whatever Suikoden 2 is going for nowadays.
>>
Rockman X2 Sample version
>>
>>2826095
Its not much fun to play though. I owned this one and was like WTF this sucks.
>>
>>2826153
I never had any of those games because my friend with the Saturn had them and let me borrow them.

Ahhh James. We used to fucking play that Saturn to death.
>>
I bought sunset riders for 15 dollars back in maybe 2005 and never saw it anywhere again until it was over 60 bucks. Also I bought a complete copy of retro game challenge for like maybe ten bucks and then maybe six months later it was up to 40+
>>
I had a good job by the mid late 90's and spent my money hoarding sealed games or closeout stuff at the time. I have 3 sealed copies of megaman 6 that I got from toys are us for like $2 each. I also have sealed copies of, Fzero, FF3 (xi), super tecmo bowl, star tropics, and a bunch more. I have never been opened consoles too. I have a sealed virtual boy, nes2, Tiger Game.com, atari jaguar, 3do fz1, and 7 sealed Sega Saturn's that I dumpster dove out of a sears dumpster. I got all of it for next to nothing, god bless the pre-ebay era.
>>
poor guy, I can only buy maybe two games a month. Got nobungas ambition for 10$. Was going to get the starwars games but they all jumped. The atari jumped. The flashback atari jumped way up. I'm wait till after christmas. I just get games I liked. Don't think I could sell them, unless they got ridiculous. Might give them away some day to some poor kid with no games.
>>
>>2834191
That title screen tho
>>
File: 2013-03-01 20.15.04.jpg (105 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
2013-03-01 20.15.04.jpg
105 KB, 480x640
Probrably one of these. A few years back I was going through my parent's basement and found a coffee maker box full of all my NES boxes.
>>
i have a gold cart of majoras mask with the holographic label. i knew it was worth something because nintendo games seem to never depreciate in value, but one day i looked online and saw the thing going for $100+

does anyone know what the holographic sticker is for? was it like a promo when the game first came out?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.